Legendary Musician Jeremy Soule might not be involved in the new Bethesda Elder Scrolls

#1 Posted by ProtossRushX (5240 posts) -

It could be a cost cutting method and thinking they are too big for jeremy soule to be needed anymore.

uh he did Skyrim and Morrowind and tons of other amazing soundtracks for Elder Scrolls. Bethesda may have lost their minds. This same crap happened wih destiny 2 losing its main composer Martin O'donnell Halo 1-3 composer to some crap that had no addictive songs.

#2 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43765 posts) -

FFS I hope that is the case, the last thing we need is another overblown and costly AAA game with "brand name" star power.

I still am having trouble on why Josh Duhamel was in COD WWII; how much did they pay him, and why was he there?

Though TBH I don't know who this guy Soule is.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (51140 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: Jeremy Soule is the soul of these games. Nothing to do with the AAA industry boogeyman.

#4 Posted by Jag85 (13338 posts) -

Who would they plan to replace him with? Some Hollywood composer?

#5 Posted by madrocketeer (6234 posts) -

@Jag85:

Read somewhere they're going with Inon Zur, which is a decent choice.

Still, shame. Loved Jeremy Soule's work ever since I first played Total Annihilation.

#6 Posted by Litchie (23691 posts) -

Really hard to be hyped for ES6. Iconic composer not returning. Still using their engine from the ice age. Fallout 76 turned out a horrible game, with extremely shitty business practices. If things continue this way, ES6 will be the first ES game since Morrowind I'll ignore.

#7 Posted by MonsieurX (38988 posts) -

They'll probably not include soundtracks and ask for modders to solve it

#8 Posted by dzimm (5344 posts) -

Game will ship with one annoyingly repetitive track. Additional music can be purchased for the low, low price of $0.99 per track.

Avatar image for eyeboonseyebrow
#9 Posted by EyeBoonsEyebrow (280 posts) -

The game is YEARS away. It's probably barely even in pre-production at this point since Starfield is next up. Jeremy Soule won't even start on the score until it's closer to release. Stupid video.

#10 Edited by Jag85 (13338 posts) -

@madrocketeer said:

@Jag85:

Read somewhere they're going with Inon Zur, which is a decent choice.

Still, shame. Loved Jeremy Soule's work ever since I first played Total Annihilation.

Oh, so it's not a Hollywood composer. I haven't heard of Inon Zur before though.

The first time I heard Jeremy Soule was his debut soundtrack for Secret of Evermore, which had a cool ambient soundtrack.

#11 Posted by enzyme36 (4151 posts) -

I dont throw this term out lightly..... but dovahkin escalating at the load screen on launch day was pretty f'n epic.

#12 Posted by madrocketeer (6234 posts) -
@Jag85 said:

Oh, so it's not a Hollywood composer. I haven't heard of Inon Zur before though.

The first time I heard Jeremy Soule was his debut soundtrack for Secret of Evermore, which had a cool ambient soundtrack.

Inon Zur's done a few films, but none you'd ever heard of. Very indie-sounding stuff. His main work is very much in video games: Baldur's Gate II, Dragon Age: Origins and II, Crysis, Fallout 3, New Vegas, 4 and 76, that sort of thing.

Not a big admirer of his work like I am with Jeremy Soule's, but he's competent enough.

#13 Posted by lundy86_4 (52639 posts) -

We should only make threads when Bethesda does something right. That way, we don't have to read about them every other second.

#14 Edited by danjammer69 (4310 posts) -

Jeremy Soule did the soundtrack for the 1st Guild Wars, which I still consider one of the best ever OST. To this day, I still get the moanful cello track near the beginning of the game w/ the Charr stuck in my head.

Found it! God, this feels like it could have been in LotR. I hear he was very interested to do the soundtrack for the new Amazon LotR series. That would be amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXIQnhdxZaA&index=27&list=PLULxN76p1kCB4WrFYWNVDzE4ZSd86BJ5I

Good times.

#15 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36049 posts) -

@madrocketeer: First heard Soule's work in the first three Harry Potter games myself, which grew on me overtime.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#16 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13569 posts) -

I douby anyone cares after the trainwreck that is fallout 76.

#17 Edited by BassMan (10028 posts) -

Jeremy is a great composer and brought a lot to TES. It would be a shame to not have him involved.