Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott Ending Next Week

This topic is locked from further discussion.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

sorry if old

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/699955/Left-4-Dead-2-Boycott-Ending-Next-Week.html

nice boycott guys, realllly effective

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
"That Left 4 Dead 2 not be released as a stand-alone, full-priced sequel but as either a free update to Left 4 Dead or an expansion with full compatibility with basic Left 4 Dead owners." They actually demanded something like that?
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 legend26

"That Left 4 Dead 2 not be released as a stand-alone, full-priced sequel but as either a free update to Left 4 Dead or an expansion with full compatibility with basic Left 4 Dead owners." They actually demanded something like that?AAllxxjjnn

it was so stupid, they feel just because they bought l4d1, they feel entitled to getting free stuff, which they dont

plus im not even going to argue this anymore, there is sooo much new content in l4d2 its pretty much a full fledged sequal

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Wait, that thing was still going on?
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26077 Posts

There was a boycott to Left for Dead 2 because it was too soon?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
i pre-ordered l4d2 2 weeks ago!
shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

I guess seeing what Activision was doing really puts into perspective how uncalled the attacks were on Valve. Im still not getting the game (didnt plan on it) but nice.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
It goes to show you how highly Valve are usually thought of. Activision and EA have been getting away with releasing annual sequels for years :P.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 legend26

There was a boycott to Left for Dead 2 because it was too soon?

Willy105

whats this? a sequal is coming to one of the best games this gen by one of the best developers ever is coming out in a year? instead of their 4 or more year cycle?! :o

mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

Left for dead two looks good and they want it free?

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
the boycott was quite stupid lol. I wont buy the game because it looks like a rehash with different levels and a couple new guns.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
Very effective boycott :P
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]"That Left 4 Dead 2 not be released as a stand-alone, full-priced sequel but as either a free update to Left 4 Dead or an expansion with full compatibility with basic Left 4 Dead owners." They actually demanded something like that?legend26

it was so stupid, they feel just because they bought l4d1, they feel entitled to getting free stuff, which they dont

plus im not even going to argue this anymore, there is sooo much new content in l4d2 its pretty much a full fledged sequal

I think most of the hubub was that Valve seemingly promised more campaigns to L4D as an incentive for players to buy the game. Almost a year later we get 1/2 a campaign while valve is telling us they are releasing a whole new game at full retail price.

Here's a similar situation: Let's say I'm looking to buy a condo. I find a place, and the seller tells me that the condo association is putting in a gym, and a pool, and they're hiring a consierge, and building a park. A year later the condo association builds a weight room for your area, and tells you they have wonderful new condos w/ a gym, pool, et that they just built somewhere else, and asks if you're interested in buying one of those.

L4D fans I guess have reasons to be pissed, but really you shouldn't expect anything that isn't clearly in writing.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Not buying this year, Dragon Age is the only thing I'm getting winter so far.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

I am not touching it either for now, I will buy it during a 50% sale in february like I did for l4d1. Neither of these games worth 50$ when you look at tf2 for example

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Must of been hard resisting to buy the game...
Troqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Troqe
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

Those people are selfish, why would they think they are entilted to this for free?

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I am not touching it either for now, I will buy it during a 50% sale in february like I did for l4d1. Neither of these games worth 50$ when you look at tf2 for example

Franko_3

Same as me :O!

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

I can't believe these people thought Valve would cater to them. Real fans buy a game if they they're, well... actually a fan. I think some of these kids get wild expectations because they get so used to user mods. I bought the game for 360 ($10 more than PC), payed for Crash Course & I'm psyched for L4D2. If I can do it and not complain so can they.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

The sale figures alone will represent what gamers think of L4D2. The content in the first title didn't even last me a month of play.

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

[QUOTE="legend26"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]"That Left 4 Dead 2 not be released as a stand-alone, full-priced sequel but as either a free update to Left 4 Dead or an expansion with full compatibility with basic Left 4 Dead owners." They actually demanded something like that?jrhawk42

I think most of the hubub was that Valve seemingly promised more campaigns to L4D as an incentive for players to buy the game. Almost a year later we get 1/2 a campaign while valve is telling us they are releasing a whole new game at full retail price.

Here's a similar situation: Let's say I'm looking to buy a condo. I find a place, and the seller tells me that the condo association is putting in a gym, and a pool, and they're hiring a consierge, and building a park. A year later the condo association builds a weight room for your area, and tells you they have wonderful new condos w/ a gym, pool, et that they just built somewhere else, and asks if you're interested in buying one of those.

L4D fans I guess have reasons to be pissed, but really you shouldn't expect anything that isn't clearly in writing.

thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard, 1 most important you will care about the price of the appartment, 2. thats real life, the are always building something you wait like 6 months there will be a new highrise with better stuff.

yawn they boycott was full of 12 yr olds. i dnt understand why people should get things for free....dnt they wonder why taxes go up everyyear

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

[QUOTE="legend26"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]"That Left 4 Dead 2 not be released as a stand-alone, full-priced sequel but as either a free update to Left 4 Dead or an expansion with full compatibility with basic Left 4 Dead owners." They actually demanded something like that?jrhawk42

It was one quote, and it was said after the game came out in which they said they hoped to support the game much like they had TF2 post-launch. It was nothing promised on the back of the box, and not really an incentive, it was blown out of proportion. Regardless, we got the Survival Pack, and the Crash Course DLC.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Lol.

But seriously, I'll wait until a half-price sale for L4D2 or something, I'm far more interested in Dead Before Dawn which comes out in two weeks! :o

redbaron3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 redbaron3
Member since 2004 • 984 Posts
when L4D2 was first announced I was a bit angry and excited at the same time, I really didnt want to pay full price for another L4D game so soon after the first one and I did hope they would make it into an expansion rather than a full sequel ($40 and make the new content build directly into L4D1) and I was worried that L4D1s community will be broken when a sequel comes out (I hope they have some way of not needing to exit the game and then launch the other one to go back and forth) but after seeing the ridiculousness of the demands made by the L4D2 Boycott I could never bring myself to join them. Anyway I have to say I am quite pleased at the price of L4D2 if you buy it off steam for $33.74 (My friends and I went together on the 4-pack)
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts

The sale figures alone will represent what gamers think of L4D2. The content in the first title didn't even last me a month of play.

Gxgear

Clearly, you were doing it wrong if L4D1 didn't last you a month. I joined the boycott for a different reason. They should've been working on HL2 ep. 3 instead of L4D2. Valve said the episodes would come out about once a year so fans wouldn't have to wait 6 years between games. We've been waiting over 2 years since the release of ep. 2 without so much as an announcement.

ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ZuneHD
Member since 2009 • 491 Posts

L4D 2 is awesome.

Plus 360 owners dont give a **** about the PC owners whining about it. the 360 base would have bought L4D 2 very easily.

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
I did agree with some of the boycotters points but it was rodiculous to think Valve was gonna pull everything back, specially after announcing a million dollar ad campaign.
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Lets see how many people flip flop here. I've supported L4d2 since the beginning, that boycott was so dumb and I've said it to all my STEAM friends who were on it and tried to get me to join: "You are an idiot."

Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

Thier little attempt at a boycott was pretty interesting in itself, but they crapped out halfway through. If you're gonna stand up for something you believe in, at least finish the friggin' job guys, even if your motivations are a little skewed.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]"That Left 4 Dead 2 not be released as a stand-alone, full-priced sequel but as either a free update to Left 4 Dead or an expansion with full compatibility with basic Left 4 Dead owners." They actually demanded something like that?legend26

I agree. There is so much content in the game, that it is enough to be full priced not some free DLC. Which reminds I need to preorder L4D2 on steam very soon.:P