uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58930 Posts

https://dotesports.com/fgc/news/riot-games-confirms-that-its-working-on-a-fighting-game

This should at least boost the genres popularity.

Riot Games, the creators of the insanely-popular MOBA game League of Legends, has revealed that it’s finally making its second game.

The confirmation came from Evo founder and Riot employee Tom Cannon on the first day of Evo 2019. During a talk show, Cannon said that Riot is working on a brand-new fighting game.

Not much else is known about the game, however, including the characters, story, what it’ll be called, what it’ll look like, or even if it’ll be linked to League of Legends.

The news should come as no surprise to those that remember RIot’s acquisition of Radiant, which created the fighting game Rising Thunder, quite a few year’s ago.

The company has been sitting on that studio for some time now and not much news was known about what they were working on—until today, that is.

Considering it’s taken some time to finally get an announcement about the game, don’t expect to hear anything else about it anytime soon. While the community might be hyped about a potential Rising Thunder 2, Cannon has remained silent on the project during the reveal and even stated it could still be some time until we finally hear more about the project.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Hey another fighting game. That's cool.

I hope they stay away from the 'accessible fighting game' shtick. That shit needs to go.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

So they finally put Radiant Entertainment to use. I wonder if the game will just be for PC or also consoles. Could be a good way to introduce console gamers to the League Of Legends universe.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

As long as I can beat the crap out of Teemo, I'm READY! He might not look like it, but this dude is from hell!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Hey another fighting game. That's cool.

I hope they stay away from the 'accessible fighting game' shtick. That shit needs to go.

What's wrong with that? I'm pretty bad at fighters like I am RTS games (which is why I don't mind when Starcraft II was more accessible than the first), so I don't mind that they are accessible now. Though I do find it weird that main fighting franchises are taking notes from anime licensed games for doing things often criticized...

Damn near every big name has been going the accessible route for years, including Nintendo since... EVER!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I do hope its pc only. lets keep LOL and DoTA 2 cancer community away from consoles.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58930 Posts
@sakaixx said:

I do hope its pc only. lets keep LOL and DoTA 2 cancer community away from consoles.

I agree lol

Couldn't give a shit about those games, and well aware of how awful the communities are, it's definitely going to be a huge turnoff.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44150 Posts

Well I’m at least interested in seeing how it turns out. League of Legends isn’t really my thing and I don’t really know much of this developer so I can’t say that I’m expecting anything all that good to be honest but I’ll see if they prove me wrong.