PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3925 Posts

Ghost would be proud of this masterpiece, LMAO!.

Halo 2 Launch Known Issues

Campaign

• On Xbox in Co-op multiplayer, the HUD will become off centered when zooming in
  • Terminal videos default to English only
  • In-game audio plays while viewing terminal videos
  • Subtitles are not present in campaign gameplay
  • Subtitles are out of sync with audio when viewing cutscenes
  • Users on AMD hardware may encounter missing and/or flickering textures across campaign (such as the Elevator on Oracle)
  • Oracle in has several graphical issues including around glass flood tanks, clouds, and lightning effects
  • Cinematic audio for in Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary is affected by different audio option sliders.
  • Enemy Elites do not dual wield in the Campaign
  • Campaign cutscenes are much louder than gameplay
  • Some Campaign missions have FPS drops on first launch of the mission
  • When having multiple audio devices and swapping between classic and remastered graphics in cutscenes, audio can change output devices
  • When using a Ryzen 5 and AMD GPU, large rectangle volumes appear on the mission Oracle
  • Blur Cinematics and Terminal videos can have visual issues in non-16:9 aspect ratios as they were rendered at 16:9
  • Gunfire sounds are missing from multiple weapons with the Scarab Skull active
  • With the Scarab Gun skull active, a hardlock can happen when firing a plasma rifle after swapping weapons with an Elite
  • Sentinel lights will display for a short time after death before disappearing
  • Some environmental textures appear in lower than expected resolutions
  • Music will loop incorrectly on Metropolis while in the Scorpion tank
  • Using Nvidia GPUs on Classic graphics, various foliage environment LOD textures are missing
  • Gravemind on co-op has hitches and with poor network conditions disconnects can happen
  • When swapping between Classic and Remastered graphics music will change to different parts of the track

Halo 2: Anniversary

• Pixilation on shadows can be seen in Anniversary graphics
  • Forge map lighting is not appearing correctly
  • Performance lowers during games of 3 plots
  • Texture resolution is displaying in low quality through various parts of the title
  • When looking at the fan on Stonetown, FPS sometimes drops to 45
  • Audio is missing when reloading weapons when done quickly
  • Primary weapon audio decreases if you are shooting while picking up a secondary weapon
  • Decals on the Gauss Warthog turret will detach from the model during the firing animation
  • When using newer Intel drivers with onboard graphics, you cannot launch
  • Performance in theater films is capped at 60 fps when framerate is set to unlimited
  • There are no inversion options in the Settings Menu for dual wielding
  • Lighting is inconsistent between Elite and Spartan armors
  • There is visible stuttering on objects when strafing with Unlimited Framerate enabled
  • Sound effects do not play for the player holding the oddball when playing Hot Potato
  • The Hoplite armor is missing a rear armor piece in gameplay

Halo 2

• When using voice chat there is no notification that players are talking
  • The music mixing is much quieter in MCC compared to the original
  • Team Spawn system does not have parity with original
  • Bullet registration is not in parity with the original
  • The respawn timer is hidden by the territory capture meter in multiplayer
  • Gamma values are excessively blown out compared to legacy
  • Super bouncing does not mirror legacy
  • Snow VFX do not match legacy behavior on snow weather missions and maps
  • The sun is not rendering on most maps and missions
  • When playing at higher field of view, textures will appear to pop in more frequently as the LOD distance is shortened
  • Banshees turn faster when using Mouse and Keyboard

Who green-lit it for launch? Why the launch is not delayed knowing all these?

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 166 Posts

Waiting for every entry to come out and get patched up before even trying it again. Tried Halo Reach back then. Even sound effects were fvcked up.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63077 Posts

343's ability to do a lesser version of a classic they are porting to a newer n stronger machine is impressive at this point I guess.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clone01
Member since 2003 • 27947 Posts

okay

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39515 Posts

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 51818 Posts

That's 343 for you. Microsoft's mediocrity will continue into next gen.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 1669 Posts

Can MS just sell that Budget-Bungie dev and rent the real Bungie for Infinite? I want that game to be actually good, but with 343i in charge, there's a 75% chance of it being disappointing.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 4772 Posts

games been playing fine for me and i gotta say i love the performance of playing it properly on my rig, no issues for me yet (just been playing MP tho) also my god alot of people are really bad... i can tell alot of people playing have never played before... im cleaning up tho and having a blast :)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jg4xchamp

@jeezers said:

games been playing fine for me and i gotta say i love the performance of playing it properly on my rig, no issues for me yet (just been playing MP tho) also my god alot of people are really bad... i can tell alot of people playing have never played before... im cleaning up tho and having a blast :)

The amount of people who don't know how to bxb, bxr, and quad shot is fucking fantastic. It's like an all you can kill buffet. I actually get annoyed now when I get a halo 2 anniversary match instead of OG lmfao

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 14766 Posts

Halo 2 was inferior Halo 1. thats all i think of Halo 2 to onwards.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3925 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@jeezers said:

The amount of people who don't know how to bxb, bxr, and quad shot is fucking fantastic. It's like an all you can kill buffet. I actually get annoyed now when I get a halo 2 anniversary match instead of OG lmfao

I never took you as a one who enjoys a console FPS.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@jeezers said:

I hate console FPS with passion but

This masterpiece also generated first from console/xbox.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15320 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Halo 2 was inferior Halo 1. thats all i think of Halo 2 to onwards.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jg4xchamp

@pc_rocks said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I like good games, console or otherwise has little to no bearing on my level of happiness. I accept that the FPS is just better built when it's built around PC. It's allowed to be faster and be built around more movement, but make no mistake the PC dweebs here will gas up some shittastic playing games.

I like arena shooters. Quake, unreal, Tribes. Halo while slower than those, still adapts their principles of equal starts, power weapons n maps to dictate map controls, set spawns, balance of death match n objective modes. It's a simple set up that gets a lot of mileage out of its map design, and that's the type of multiplayer game I like.

The range of weapons tend to have their own utility in the sandbox, you can constantly move n shoot at the same time, the ttk isn't so low that you can't reasonably reverse a situation if someone gets a drop on you first, and Halo 2 has specific command moves that are a product of glitches that add a lot to combat. BXR n BXB are animation cancels that can let you can cancel the recovery frames from your melee close quarters to another fast melee or fast fire. Quadshots, allow you to double your fire rate in a given situation with the trade off being that it's a tight execution thing, and you are a sitting duck if you miss.

When played on a mouse it's still good, and in Halo 2's case it very much transcends its console design conceits. Much like how Rainbow Six Siege makes the best game anyone possibly can out of ADS (because ironsights are the death of fun in fps games otherwise). MP wise much like Siege, it's no Quake 3, Tribes 2, or Unreal 2k4 (or CS give or take), but it's better than everything else.

The campaign is trash, for a laundry list of reasons.

This is a list of shit I didn't like after a recent playthrough of Reach, and that's one of the better campaigns for this series

Halo Reach beaten. -

DMR bloom sucks, bloom in general is wack

-Mad weapon bloat, too many of them cover similar niches

-Everything is super safe Halo combat

-It's the slowest Halo

-They tried to increase the scale of these games by just flooding the field with fodder enemies. Should have took the risk on throwing in more elites or adding new enemy types. Or hell Hunters.

-The brutes come back super nerfed, they are glorified upgraded Grunts

-Armor Abilities are about as bad as Equipment. Drop shield invalidates health system, armor lock is aids, jet pack segments not used enough.

-Level design is often filled with chorish shit like shooting gallery shit or suicide grunt stuff

-Halo vehicle segments are secretly not that good, and I'm beginning to question why anyone ever found them good beyond how being not that shitty to control? They often drag, and Reach's are all weak

-The ghetto starfox segment is straight bad. You fight two space fodder enemy types, banshees die to lock on missiles, n seraphs just shoot for a bit before you shoot lock on missiles

[8:48 PM]

Story shit

-they retcon a lot of reach and the blind jump of Halo 1, dumb

-They make cortana seem more valuable than she actually fucking was before, like she was some secret trump card. Wasn't a fan of this in 2010, replay didn't help this cause now.

-The planeteers who you are a member of are all 1 dimensional archetypes and not actually characters, similar to ODST. Except in this game they die, so you're supposed to give a shit but you don't.

-To me there is a lot of disconnect between what you're doing and how miserable the situation is supposed to be in reach.

-Easy fix would be just to have some banter during the missions, let them express themselves more.

-The script is whatever, somehow 343 got worse than Bungie at this.

[8:50 PM]

franchise problems since day 1

-not enough enemy types n range of enemies

-suicide grunts often wait till there are no elites on the field or very little help on the field for them to do that move. Should actually do it more often while they are squaded up. Put some pressure on the player -

Outside of Halo 1, the rest of the Halo games deal with a lot of fast spamming projectiles which forces you to hide behind cover a lot. Play a very slow, methodical FPS game that isn't all that interesting.

-The 2 weapon limit really sucks in the grand scheme of things. In theory covie weapons are supposed to be their to melt shields, and you use UNSC weapons to kill covies. Problem? Jackals can be taken out by every major precision weapon 4ever, in fact it's much better to go that route. And on higher difficulties most of the weapons that aren't precision weapons n plasma pistol are bad. Besides power weapons, and by that I mean straight up one shot power weapons like Shotgun, Sniper, Rocket Launcher, Hammer. Psuedo shit like brute shot n concussion rifles are useless on legendary

-Legendary is tedious*

-The Warthog requires you to depend on AI, easiest fix ever is to just let me control the gun while I'm driving which i can when i use a banshee, ghost, revenant, wraith, scorpion, falcon. But for whatever reason we decided to never fix the warthog, even tho coop can stay the same and it be smarter to just fix it for single player.

-The game is slow

-Moon physics

2's added shit is the flood are bad, arbiter levels are almost exclusively flood, bungie rushed the brutes so they are one dimensional, the levels are the most linear Halo levels in the series, jackal snipers off the top of my head.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 4772 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@jeezers said:

The amount of people who don't know how to bxb, bxr, and quad shot is fucking fantastic. It's like an all you can kill buffet. I actually get annoyed now when I get a halo 2 anniversary match insteadof OG lmfao

yeah its awesome as hell lol my nostalgia for this game is hitting hard, like coming back to riding a bike i haven't rode in 10 years, the anniversary maps are a really nice bonus tho, i do feel like im back in highschool playing this its like second nature, feels right,

playing halo 2 with classics at high volume, racking up triples lol this is my happy place

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
@pc_rocks said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I like good games, console or otherwise has little to no bearing on my level of happiness. I accept that the FPS is just better built when it's built around PC. It's allowed to be faster and be built around more movement, but make no mistake the PC dweebs here will gas up some shittastic playing games.

I like arena shooters. Quake, unreal, Tribes. Halo while slower than those, still adapts their principles of equal starts, power weapons n maps to dictate map controls, set spawns, balance of death match n objective modes. It's a simple set up that gets a lot of mileage out of its map design, and that's the type of multiplayer game I like.

The range of weapons tend to have their own utility in the sandbox, you can constantly move n shoot at the same time, the ttk isn't so low that you can't reasonably reverse a situation if someone gets a drop on you first, and Halo 2 has specific command moves that are a product of glitches that add a lot to combat. BXR n BXB are animation cancels that can let you can cancel the recovery frames from your melee close quarters to another fast melee or fast fire. Quadshots, allow you to double your fire rate in a given situation with the trade off being that it's a tight execution thing, and you are a sitting duck if you miss.

When played on a mouse it's still good, and in Halo 2's case it very much transcends its console design conceits. Much like how Rainbow Six Siege makes the best game anyone possibly can out of ADS (because ironsights are the death of fun in fps games otherwise). MP wise much like Siege, it's no Quake 3, Tribes 2, or Unreal 2k4 (or CS give or take), but it's better than everything else.

The campaign is trash, for a laundry list of reasons.

This is a list of shit I didn't like after a recent playthrough of Reach, and that's one of the better campaigns for this series

Halo Reach beaten. -

DMR bloom sucks, bloom in general is wack

-Mad weapon bloat, too many of them cover similar niches

-Everything is super safe Halo combat

-It's the slowest Halo

-They tried to increase the scale of these games by just flooding the field with fodder enemies. Should have took the risk on throwing in more elites or adding new enemy types. Or hell Hunters.

-The brutes come back super nerfed, they are glorified upgraded Grunts

-Armor Abilities are about as bad as Equipment. Drop shield invalidates health system, armor lock is aids, jet pack segments not used enough.

-Level design is often filled with chorish shit like shooting gallery shit or suicide grunt stuff

-Halo vehicle segments are secretly not that good, and I'm beginning to question why anyone ever found them good beyond how being not that shitty to control? They often drag, and Reach's are all weak

-The ghetto starfox segment is straight bad. You fight two space fodder enemy types, banshees die to lock on missiles, n seraphs just shoot for a bit before you shoot lock on missiles

[8:48 PM]

Story shit

-they retcon a lot of reach and the blind jump of Halo 1, dumb

-They make cortana seem more valuable than she actually fucking was before, like she was some secret trump card. Wasn't a fan of this in 2010, replay didn't help this cause now.

-The planeteers who you are a member of are all 1 dimensional archetypes and not actually characters, similar to ODST. Except in this game they die, so you're supposed to give a shit but you don't.

-To me there is a lot of disconnect between what you're doing and how miserable the situation is supposed to be in reach.

-Easy fix would be just to have some banter during the missions, let them express themselves more.

-The script is whatever, somehow 343 got worse than Bungie at this.

[8:50 PM]

franchise problems since day 1

-not enough enemy types n range of enemies

-suicide grunts often wait till there are no elites on the field or very little help on the field for them to do that move. Should actually do it more often while they are squaded up. Put some pressure on the player -

Outside of Halo 1, the rest of the Halo games deal with a lot of fast spamming projectiles which forces you to hide behind cover a lot. Play a very slow, methodical FPS game that isn't all that interesting.

-The 2 weapon limit really sucks in the grand scheme of things. In theory covie weapons are supposed to be their to melt shields, and you use UNSC weapons to kill covies. Problem? Jackals can be taken out by every major precision weapon 4ever, in fact it's much better to go that route. And on higher difficulties most of the weapons that aren't precision weapons n plasma pistol are bad. Besides power weapons, and by that I mean straight up one shot power weapons like Shotgun, Sniper, Rocket Launcher, Hammer. Psuedo shit like brute shot n concussion rifles are useless on legendary

-Legendary is tedious*

-The Warthog requires you to depend on AI, easiest fix ever is to just let me control the gun while I'm driving which i can when i use a banshee, ghost, revenant, wraith, scorpion, falcon. But for whatever reason we decided to never fix the warthog, even tho coop can stay the same and it be smarter to just fix it for single player.

-The game is slow

-Moon physics

2's added shit is the flood are bad, arbiter levels are almost exclusively flood, bungie rushed the brutes so they are one dimensional, the levels are the most linear Halo levels in the series, jackal snipers off the top of my head.

TLDR

People still want bungie back when they have not did anything worthy after combat evolved. it remain to be seen if infinite will be SP oriented or once again gone back to MP.