Latest Wii games confirm that the wiimote is WORTHLESS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
hello fellow gamers

Remember that old topic which showed how almost all of the first wii games reviews had complains about the controls?? and of the course the sheep response " wait till developers get used to wiimote!!!!!! give it time damn it!!! it will get better, just wait!! WAAAAAAAAAIT!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: 

well here are some comments about newer games, look how it has improved :lol:

TMNT

The Bad: Camera and controls conspire to make some sequences overly obnoxious; combat is dumb as a stump; motion-sensing controls are worthless; looks identical to the gamecube version. 

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition

The Bad: graphics leave a bit to be desired; controls are occasionally unresponsive. 

SSX Blur

The Bad:Ubertrick controls are inconsistent; slalom events can be frustrating; occasional animation hitches, frame-rate issues.

Sonic and the Secret Rings
The Bad: Controls can be extremely frustrating.

The controls in Sonic and the Secret Rings are simple enough to pick up, but they can also be incredibly frustrating at times.  The amount of trial and error required for most of the challenges is a bit extreme, and it will definitely try your patience.

Cooking Mama  (IGN Review)

The series may have been an easy-to-use experience on DS, but some of that magic has definitely been sacrificed when moving to motion control. We had moments where quick actions, slow actions, banging the controller on our knee, or smacking it in our hand still wouldn't result in a simply "down/up" motion, and that can be extremely annoying during a heated culinary competition.

Wing Island (IGN Review)

To fly the planes, players must hold the Wii remote horizontally. The setup has us scratching our heads because it seems to particularly stupid, especially given all the options. The result is a genuine missed opportunity. Instead of fun, simple controls, gamers are left with a standard which feels inappropriate and ill-researched.

now what? oh i forgot these games are not about controls!!!! :lol:       eh............wait :| 

aaronfilmltd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 aaronfilmltd
Member since 2007 • 1032 Posts
Well, I don't care about all of those games anyway. I mean, let's face it; Super Paper Mario and SSBB will pwn.
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
Motion control cant make a bad game good. Most of those games are ports with motion control slaped on.
MaxxxReebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MaxxxReebo
Member since 2005 • 1340 Posts

Really? Wow. I guess I can stop enjoying the hell out of Sonic and Cooking Mamma. Thank you for letting me know that I should let someone else's opinion should outweigh mine when I'm playing games.

P.S. Now shut up and go play some games yourself. You and ONLY YOU should judge games for yourself. Just because a game isn't AAA on a website that most people have NEVER HEARD OF doesn't mean that game isn't worth while. 

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

most of those complaints were about control choices devs made

look at the blur review, you ignore how the reviewers actually like the controls... except for when it comes to ubertricks

games w/o motion control still suffer control issues constantly

but if you asked me, i'd like to see what reviews praise the usage of bluray in ps3 exclusives...

are you judging wii's controls as being useless judged on GS reviews alone? just look at Madden and that'll shut you up

why did the version with the weakest online and graphics score the most?

look at IGN's godfather review... also scored the highest... but according to you.. because gs mentioned the controls in the wii review and not the ps3 one... the wiimote is worthless

again, a game you mention still hardly proves much of a point... if sonic is so terrible ... worst graphics.. and OMG TEH CONTROLS... why did it outscore the ps3/360 ver by SO much?  sonic games have generally had crap controls and camera in 3d w/ or w/o the wiimote...  but comparing the wiimote version to the 360 version and saying the wii has control problems makes no sense

wouldnt the 360 ALSO have control problems, if that was what was said in the review...

i guess the 360 controls are worthless because sega botched it big time 

Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts

Well, I don't care about all of those games anyway. I mean, let's face it; Super Paper Mario and SSBB will pwn.aaronfilmltd

So because 2 games MIGHT be good, its okay for other games to suck?

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
That's funny, I could have sworn The Godfather: Blackhand Edition and Sonic and the Secret Rings received widespread praise from various sites and magazines, including GS, for their controls. "Occasionally unresponsive" means it has a few occasional glitches like most games, not "It makes it worse, it's so bad it means the Wii-Mote is worthless and Gears360 is right", no matter how desperately you want it to be that way.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
read the reviews for Godfather. seemed like they liked the controls. ssx blur too. and ign loved the godfather controls.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts

I love how you left out the good in SSX BLUR :lol:

GOOD: Cartoon-character look fits the game; learning curve is mostly spot-on; basic controls are excellent; great music.

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gears360
why you attack ps3 to defend your point? read the ssx blur review, to do tricks in the air you just waggle the joystick everywhere, does it seem like revolutionary gameplay to you? ok its not directly wiimote fault, but this shows how third party developers still cant make decent games focused on the wiimote capabilities, thus redenring it worthless for the game and they tack on some stuff to motion controls just for the hell of it i still remember when wiimote was revealed : "wooohoo!!! amazing! just imagine what third parties will do with that new controller!!!! THIS IS THE REVOLUTION!!!!"
aaronfilmltd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aaronfilmltd

[QUOTE="aaronfilmltd"]Well, I don't care about all of those games anyway. I mean, let's face it; Super Paper Mario and SSBB will pwn.Shirley_Temple

Yes.

Avatar image for kefkaconchetuma
kefkaconchetuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 kefkaconchetuma
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts
this is a stupid thread many people know that alot of those games mentioned are good like the sonic , godfather , and ssx blur. in fact wii version of the godfather has been mentioned as the best version out of this game.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

controls in god father are great :|

gamespot just wont like it go read ign review you see what about the controller

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gears360

GOOD: Cartoon-character look fits the game; learning curve is mostly spot-on; basic controls are excellent; great music.

lzorro
YEA basic controls, move to the left, move to the right, jump, i think that even on a wiimote thats hard to screw up, then read what happens when we reach the most complex parts of the gameplay like making tricks, they suck
Rev2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rev2221
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts
I honestly think Super Mario Galaxy will use the controls PERFECTLY. After the game comes out everyone will stop wondering whether or not the wiimote was a good idea.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 voxware00
"

wii reviews predict the worthlessness of the wiimote

oh what's this say.. the only next gen version of madden to get AA

The Good:Tons of motion-controlled moves that are responsive and intuitive; the new minigames are a blast with four players; all the features found in the gamecube version are present here; awesome tutorial system that teaches you everything you need to know.

worthless... how dare they try to add a bunch of unresponsive unintuitive motions to an old and dying franchise...

personally, I sold SSX Blur, not because of the controls but mainly because of the HUB system

also the most annoying thing about ubertricks imo was i never had enough air to land them... pulling them off wasnt as hard for me

"when we reach the most complex parts of the gameplay like making tricks "
actually.. performing tricks is incredibly easy

it's just UBER tricks...

let's see what they say about warioware..

"The Good: Terrific use of the Wii Remote; "

GIMMICK 

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts
[QUOTE="lzorro"]

Gears360

YEA basic controls, move to the left, move to the right, jump, i think that even on a wiimote thats hard to screw up, then read what happens when we reach the most complex parts of the gameplay like making tricks, they suck

why dont you just be a good lemming and say you been owned

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ithilgore2006
[QUOTE="lzorro"]

Gears360

So you're saying it's not important that the basic controls that you'll use to play the game for 95% of the time are almost perfect, and that it only matters if they're perfect minor, seldom seen parts of the gameplay? Go away, please, you're just making a fool of yourself.
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts
[QUOTE="Gears360"][QUOTE="lzorro"]

wavebrid

why dont you just be a good lemming and say you been owned

Why would he admit to something untrue?  His point hasn't been proven wrong.  I say, continue this.

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gears360
and by the way,
. "Occasionally unresponsive" means it has a few occasional glitches like most games, .ithilgore2006
i dont know about you but i get mad when my controller dont respond when i entered the command correctly a controller which is "ocasionally unresponsive" is like playing online with lag, you do the input correctly but nothing happens, very frustrating
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts

The Wii is having frame-rate issues with SSX Blur?

WTF :lol: 

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

[QUOTE="aaronfilmltd"]Well, I don't care about all of those games anyway. I mean, let's face it; Super Paper Mario and SSBB will pwn.Shirley_Temple

Also, with SSBB you will be able to use the GC controller :D
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
from IGN review of godfather "...after playing it on Wii I really can't see people wanting to go back to the traditional controls." and "All added features aside, the game still plays nearly identical to the original Godfather game, which is where the motion control comes into play. The Wii adds a new element of depth to the experience, as both the nunchuk and Wii remote become extensions of the player's hands. Grabbing and tossing around people with use of the Wii-mote/nunchuk combination feels great, and the actual act of holding a store-owner by the collar, pulling back a punch, and letting them have it is very rewarding." it's all opinions.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gears360
[QUOTE="Gears360"][QUOTE="lzorro"]

ithilgore2006

So you're saying it's not important that the basic controls that you'll use to play the game for 95% of the time are almost perfect, and that it only matters if they're perfect minor, seldom seen parts of the gameplay? Go away, please, you're just making a fool of yourself.

hey.....in any game i expect that AT THE VERY LEAST the basic controls work flawlessly, dont see the point in praising a game for getting his basic actions right....is that a big acomplishment? is like saying: well yes, in street fighter is a little complex to do a shoryuken, but hey moving left, right, up, down works perfect!!! :D
Kill-U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kill-U
Member since 2006 • 167 Posts
Well, I don't care about all of those games anyway. I mean, let's face it; Super Paper Mario and SSBB will pwn.aaronfilmltd
but they will use gamecube control so why put it on the Wii
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 voxware00
[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="Gears360"][QUOTE="lzorro"]

Gears360

hey.....in any game i expect that AT THE VERY LEAST the basic controls work flawlessly, dont see the point in praising a game for getting his basic actions right....is that a big acomplishment? is like saying: well yes, in street fighter is a little complex to do a shoryuken, but hey moving left, right, up, down works perfect!!! :D

yes

"Unfortunately, the ultraprecise control of the arcade original doesn't quite translate to the Xbox 360's controller, which understandably wasn't conceived with 2D fighting games in mind. The main culprit is the directional pad, which feels a little too stiff for this type of game. The left analog stick works quite well as an alternative, but either way, those who used to pull off three-hit combos practically with their eyes closed should expect to take some time to adjust. "

you see, sometimes we should work on getting the basics polished off first :P

so what happened here, 360 proved it's dpad was worthless

and sonic and madden for the 360 proved graphics were worthless also ? 

just because a couple of games have issues doesn't mean it proves something about an entire system... 

i_like_pizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 i_like_pizza
Member since 2002 • 4683 Posts
It's not safe to bash the Wii right now.  Go hide yourself in a hole until some console can actually challenge its dominance.  Until then, accept your ownage.
David719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 David719
Member since 2007 • 2187 Posts
[QUOTE="aaronfilmltd"]Well, I don't care about all of those games anyway. I mean, let's face it; Super Paper Mario and SSBB will pwn.Kill-U
but they will use gamecube control so why put it on the Wii

Super Paper Mario uses the wiimote
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ithilgore2006
[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="Gears360"][QUOTE="lzorro"]

Gears360

You passed it off as being unimportant. The whole point of this thread was to "prove" that the Wii-Mote is worthless. It controls SSX Blur perfectly. The Tricks are fine, it;'s only the "Uber Tricks", and I might add GS's is the only that even comlpained about this, that are difficult to perform with the motion sensing. The fact that all but one very small and specific area of the game conrols perfectly purely on motion sensing jsut negates your argument that the Wii-Mote is "worthless" for controls and games.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gears360
[QUOTE="Gears360"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="Gears360"][QUOTE="lzorro"]

voxware00

yes

"Unfortunately, the ultraprecise control of the arcade original doesn't quite translate to the Xbox 360's controller, which understandably wasn't conceived with 2D fighting games in mind. The main culprit is the directional pad, which feels a little too stiff for this type of game. The left analog stick works quite well as an alternative, but either way, those who used to pull off three-hit combos practically with their eyes closed should expect to take some time to adjust. "

that confirms you that some games work bad on certain controllers, and as you can see this is the case for many games with the so called motion controls, but developers force them anyway
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts
hello fellow gamers

Remember that old topic which showed how almost all of the first wii games reviews had complains about the controls?? and of the course the sheep response " wait till developers get used to wiimote!!!!!! give it time damn it!!! it will get better, just wait!! WAAAAAAAAAIT!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: 

well here are some comments about newer games, look how it has improved :lol:

TMNT

The Bad: Camera and controls conspire to make some sequences overly obnoxious; combat is dumb as a stump; motion-sensing controls are worthless; looks identical to the gamecube version. 

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition

The Bad: graphics leave a bit to be desired; controls are occasionally unresponsive. 

SSX Blur

The Bad:Ubertrick controls are inconsistent; slalom events can be frustrating; occasional animation hitches, frame-rate issues.

Sonic and the Secret Rings
The Bad: Controls can be extremely frustrating.

The controls in Sonic and the Secret Rings are simple enough to pick up, but they can also be incredibly frustrating at times.  The amount of trial and error required for most of the challenges is a bit extreme, and it will definitely try your patience.

Cooking Mama  (IGN Review)

The series may have been an easy-to-use experience on DS, but some of that magic has definitely been sacrificed when moving to motion control. We had moments where quick actions, slow actions, banging the controller on our knee, or smacking it in our hand still wouldn't result in a simply "down/up" motion, and that can be extremely annoying during a heated culinary competition.

Wing Island (IGN Review)

To fly the planes, players must hold the Wii remote horizontally. The setup has us scratching our heads because it seems to particularly stupid, especially given all the options. The result is a genuine missed opportunity. Instead of fun, simple controls, gamers are left with a standard which feels inappropriate and ill-researched.

now what? oh i forgot these games are not about controls!!!! :lol:       eh............wait :| 

Gears360
This proves only bad devs, not that the wiimote is bad
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gears360
and yeah i gotta admit that i used the word WORTHLESS just for shocking effect :lol: sorry maybe it should be "unjustified"
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 voxware00
[QUOTE="voxware00"][QUOTE="Gears360"][QUOTE="ithilgore2006"][QUOTE="Gears360"][QUOTE="lzorro"]

Gears360

yes

that confirms you that some games work bad on certain controllers, and as you can see this is the case for many games with the so called motion controls, but developers force them anyway

"

so what happened here, 360 proved it's dpad was worthless(agreed: True)

and sonic and madden for the 360 proved graphics were worthless also ? (Untrue)

just because a couple of games have issues doesn't mean it proves something about an entire system...(True)

some games have issues, some devs make poor decesions with controls, whether or not it relates to motion

the wiimote is therefore worthless because of this? or are you willing to retract your generalization

as long as you admit worthless is not the correct term, then we can make progress

its giving the devs a lot of chances to be lazy with graphics, and be lazy with tacking on controls and making ports/party games.. clearly

and in the case of sonic and madden... it's giving the devs a chance to bring something new to an old franchise... which in the case of these two games, helped change the direction according to GS reviews 

axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts

No but these are third party devs who are making sucky games
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
so the wii-mote is judged worthless within the first 4 months it was released due to some rushed games and ports....I don't see your logic.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ithilgore2006
[QUOTE="Gears360"]and yeah i gotta admit that i used the word WORTHLESS just for shocking effect :lol: sorry maybe it should be "unjustified"

Yet most reviews, including GS's, of The Godfather: Blackhand edition, a port, said that the controls work excellently and greatly improve the game. IGN's for intance, stated the best part of the game is the new controls, which are great fun to use and are far better then ordinary ones.
aaronfilmltd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aaronfilmltd
Stop with the incredibly annoying and unecessary septuple quoting.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
Just wait. The devs need to experiment with the Wii. Just like the devs have to experiment with "teh cell" on the PS3. Just wait a year, same with PS3, there will be more, better looking games.