KZ: Shadow Fall looks amazing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Being a hermit, I find Shadow Fall to be very impressive looking. It's definitely the best looking PS4 launch title, as well as one of the best looking next-gen games out. Ryse? Not so much.

I don't understand how someone could enjoy Shadow Fall's visuals but find Ryse unimpressive. Ryse has far superior facial expressions, character animation, and lighting. It's also consistent all the way through. ShadowFall can easily look like an early PS3 game at times.

Killzone's SP looks extremely good 95% of the time, lacking things on the screen that I'd consider ugly. Ryse always looks ugly outside of the cinematics. Always some poor texture, unimpressive shaders, etc. It only has impressive cinematics really.

Shadow Fall's Single player takes a serious drop in quality as soon as you reach chapter 5. ShadowFall can look ugly in both its cinematics and its gameplay.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Being a hermit, I find Shadow Fall to be very impressive looking. It's definitely the best looking PS4 launch title, as well as one of the best looking next-gen games out. Ryse? Not so much.

I don't understand how someone could enjoy Shadow Fall's visuals but find Ryse unimpressive. Ryse has far superior facial expressions, character animation, and lighting. It's also consistent all the way through. ShadowFall can easily look like an early PS3 game at times.

Killzone's SP looks extremely good 95% of the time, lacking things on the screen that I'd consider ugly. Ryse always looks ugly outside of the cinematics. Always some poor texture, unimpressive shaders, etc. It only has impressive cinematics really.

and DF said they were prerendered lol.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@JangoWuzHere

The hell? Looks pretty awesome to me.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@gpuking said:

I think it's time to put zeeshanhaider on my ignore list, this dude is constantly regurgitating his BS and living in denial even when we present facts, repeating the same shit 100times is not gonna fool anyone so I'll leave you in peace.

In other words. g-puking is owned again. Anywhere Crapzone is mentioned, I'll be bringing Ryse right up as ownage. You know, only cows are to be blamed for this mess.

@super600 said:

@shurns said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

Sorry but KZ shits on Crysis 2 dx11, C2 doesn't even have physically based lighting, area lights, very low poly models, it's simply not in the same league.

Look it's from the horse's mouth so if you don't believe him then whatever, adding something like this would only cause fanboy war which is what he's trying to avoid in the comment section. I'm just here to correct your misinformation or spread of FUD.

Sorry I would believe what DF has to say rather than a random Sony drone but you are right Crapzone: Shadow Fail isn't even in the same league as Crysis 2 since it was beaten by Ryse. Crysis 2 is on a level up from there.

Okay then in your terms perhaps. User zeeshanhaider on Gamespot is Richard Leadbetter the author of the DF's Ryse analysis. Here's what he defined in the end. In your ignorant face gpuking.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/kz-shadow-fall-looks-amazing-31129955/?page=3

Ryse shits on Crapzone: Shadow Fail and Crysis 2 from 2011 just craps on anything 900pStation will going to produce. So people are better off buying calculators than next-gen consoles. Hell even tablets would be a better choice in few years.

Dark10x is Richard Leadbetter from DF. Don't know why you're in denial.

That neogaf user is someone else on DF.His real name is John Linneman

Ouch!

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 I_can_haz

@sts106mat said:

@gpuking said:

@JangoWuzHere

once again i am forced to ask "Are you fucking serious?"

Look at the character models and say that again. I've seen more detail in fucking pacman.

Ryse looks better 900p or not.. saying the game is blurry proves you haven't played it.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 gpuking

The level of butthurt lems has endure here is simply delicious

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#160 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

Do you want the facts about graphics? PS4 fans are butthurt that There system doesn't have the best graphics. Ryse graphics are untouched and unmatched.

You will have a lot of cows claim KZSF is some how better. But the fact is......

IGN, euro gamer, game trailer, rev3gaming, Adam Sessler, tech gamer, digital foundry, Machinima all proclaim Ryse as having BY FAR the best graphics of next gen consoles.

Gamespot, the site we are all posting on is on record as saying "of all next gen titles, Ryse by far has the best visuals. It's not even close. Killzone Shadow Fall looks good, but Ryse is incredible in the graphics department."

When that video was posted I thought all the PS4 users were gonna commit suicide. They were in serious damage control and raging. After a few days denial set in and they all went back to proclaiming KZ as having the best graphics. Until you post them the facts. Then they resort to one image from a beta build as if that means anything. Graphically Ryse is superior. In every way visually.

An even more fun fact is that both games kind of suck. So, I take it back. It's a much less fun fact.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 gpuking

You can deny it all you want but in the end it's you who are watching a blurry 900p frame with 24fps lag fest, must be really satisfying ey lol? Oh and while you're pretending this >> that, maybe sit just a liiiiittle further back to get that feel of 1080p in Ryse, do move closer when you need to read the text tho.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#163 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@gpuking said:

The level of butthurt lems has endure here is simply delicious

butt hurt when Ryse is more superior than killzone yar.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 gpuking

SHow me proof, I'm still waiting for some beautiful screenshots.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 zeeshanhaider

@gpuking said:

SHow me proof, I'm still waiting for some beautiful screenshots.

You must be kidding. Beautiful screenshots of Crapzone: Shadow Fail just don't exist, where would he get them to show you? Oh, I get it, you are talking about the pre-replease 4K bullshots, no?

Oh and I'm still waiting for a single credible source. :D

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#167 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@mrxboxone said:

@I_can_haz: LOL remember that poll you posted asking who had better graphics and Ryse dominated? You still butthurt your own poll, IGN, Gamespot, Adam Sessler, Euro Gamer, Rev3, Tech Gaming, Digital Foundry, Game Trailers and others all disagree with you.

Your pathetic.

Not really. There are other threads tha came after that with polls showing KZSF won. Cry moar.

Ryse is a mediocre game with mediocre 900p textures and small corridors. It can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as KZSF without chuckling.

Not really huh? BTW there was no more polls after that. They were all locked after a few post. You even started another one that got locked because you couldn't handle it. No one outside you is crying. Ryse is mediocre in game play. Killzone is a crappy shooter. Whats your point?

The fact is, you keep lying about media proclaiming KZSF has better graphics. You even said Richard Leadbetter admit this..... AFTER someone already posted a link too him saying Ryse is lol. Yes I am calling you a liar btw.

Tell you what...... Post one credible article from a media outlet that chooses KZSF over Ryse in visuals. We already kknow what IGN, Gamespot, Eurogamer, Tech games, Digital Founndry, Adam Sessler, Rev3, Game trailers and machinima amng others. so please. Find us one source link that says otherwise. Hell most people think BF4 looks better then Killzone.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

This sucks. A graphics whorefest with so few user screenies.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 gpuking

The 2nd shot is pre rendered cutscene, don't even pretend to fool me with that lol. But yeah the actual gameplay shots look terrible, blurry and muddy. If you have a small 42 or 46" TV then it might still be fine but on my 65" it's very noticeably blurrier than KZSF. Seriously, just expand these shots to fullscreen and you'll see it's way better looking than Ryse.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@sts106mat: That's much better. Tough call for me on which looks better without my preferences (sci-fi) playing a part. I'll sit on the fence with this one.

As for games looking good in motion.....That applies equally to most games. From my own eyes, most games look good during the action. It's when I slow down that I notice the flaws.

I like comparing screenies here for fun. But once I start playing, I don't really notice the graphics blemishes (until I slow down).

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

Cryengine > KZSF engine

fact.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@topgunmv said:

@miiiiv:

Mediocre textures?

Some are better than others, just like every game.

Yes, most games have inconsistent textures. But even KZSF's best textures are not nearly as hi-res as the textures of some of the best looking pc games. By pc standards they are mediocre, by console standards they are above average.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Bless his heart, Mr Shitbox Done is still trying. Those underperforming Tituhfuhh pre-orders must be worrying him.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
@gpuking said:

Sorry but KZ shits on Crysis 2 dx11, C2 doesn't even have physically based lighting, area lights, very low poly models, it's simply not in the same league.

Look it's from the horse's mouth so if you don't believe him then whatever, adding something like this would only cause fanboy war which is what he's trying to avoid in the comment section. I'm just here to correct your misinformation or spread of FUD.

I guess you missed Crysis2's DX11 NVIDIA edition patch when it over applied the tessellation feature on flat walls/flat surface objects.

From http://www.behardware.com/articles/838-6/tessellation-loupe.html

Notice the "over the top" triangle density with PC's Crysis 2 NVIDIA edition. In terms of triangle count, it would murder your Killzone SF.

From http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/crysis-3-pc-version-is-even-more-beautiful-and-realistic-than-crysis-2-with-directx-11.452662560/

Producers of Crytek Michael "Mike", Tiago Sousa, Marco Corbetta and Sean Tracy reveals these new details to the site PC Games Hardware and ensured that the PC version is even more beautiful and realistic than Crysis 2 with DirectX 11 Ultra Upgrade.

According to them, Crysis 3 since the release of the PC version will already have DirectX 11 technology, high definition textures and tessellation.

The Pixelparten advanced and high resolution Crysis 3 will bring some new graphics, plus the tessellation, displacement mapping and Parallax Occlusion Mapping (POM), we also Screen Space Directional Occlusion (SSDO) and reflexes in real time on certain surfaces, also with shadows smooth contours that were named by Crytek as "Penumbras variables."

Other improvements include volumetric clouds, mist and shadow of illuminated particles (dust and smoke) and area lights. Crytek also spoke of the third generation of global illumination (Global Illumination), these are simply an extension of the "Glossy Reflections", there will also be a new technology in water reflections in real time. The latter are in principle known from Crysis 2 (Realtime Local Reflections), however in Crysis 2 were not used wet pixels. New luminous particles, which create new effects of alien weaponry when the blue balls explodes, creating a spectacular effect!

-----------

4th gen CryEngine powered Star Citizen. http://wccftech.com/ryse-polygon-count-comparision-aaa-titles-crysis-star-citizen/

"PC will remain the Graphics King in terms of brute power". PC's DirectX 12 will merge brute force with "console like" efficiency.

mavven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#178  Edited By mavven
Member since 2005 • 560 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@jun_aka_pekto I dont normally like/do screenshots, because they are static, you cannot get a true impression of how a game looks, but just for comparison, these screens are closer to how the actual games looks than the ones that cows like to post. but IMO they still don't do the game justice, it looks great in person.

First: An image is like a thousand words, that means beautiful gfx can be seen through screenshots because in motion is hard to see the details. And if a game is beautiful in motion doesn't mean automatically has the best gfx, because in motion you apply a lot features such as Animations, which Ryse unfortunately lacks.

Second: A game has to be playable in every section (steady 30fps; norm), has to offer varied open areas not just corridors and have to be fullHD (1080p new console norm) to achieve technical / visual design superiority. Creating a game visually stunning as Ryse is easy for most developers but at what cost??!!

All I'm saying that Ryse may be visually better than the rest but doesn't stand above the rest as graphics department (Visuals, technical and animations)

PS: I see you play the game in deutsch language?! So you are German (or Austrian) that's why you favor Crytek :P (even if those are Turkish). No I'm kidding in this last. I respect your preferences.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Bless his heart, Mr Shitbox Done is still trying. Those underperforming Tituhfuhh pre-orders must be worrying him.

I'll bet your arse is opening and closing fast as hell right now.....not long to go until titanfall reviews start to appear. hope you got your life-jacket ready you huge crybaby.

Yeah, I can't wait for those 7s with the occasional 9 and 10 to bump up the metacritic number.

Infamous 600,000, Tituhfuhh 575,000, taste the rainbow, bitch. :)

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I'll bet your arse is opening and closing fast as hell right now.....not long to go until titanfall reviews start to appear. hope you got your life-jacket ready you huge crybaby.

Yeah, I can't wait for those 7s with the occasional 9 and 10 to bump up the metacritic number.

So what if Infamous has more pre-orders? It has a bigger install base....which going by your logic means PS4 gamers have less interest in Infamous than XB1 gamers have in titanfall....so...

The link for those numbers isn't even a credible source FFS, you are potentially going to look such a massive dickhead tomorrow (and for the next month or so). Bet you'll avoid GS all together....prat.

PS4 has a better and more diverse game selection, obviously.

Nah, I'll be here for your bitch tears when you finally get bored of grinding and you realise you have NO GAMES until November. :)

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts
@sts106mat said:

@gpuking said:

@JangoWuzHere

once again i am forced to ask "Are you fucking serious?"

Look at the character models and say that again. I've seen more detail in fucking pacman.

Ryse looks better 900p or not.. saying the game is blurry proves you haven't played it.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By I_can_haz

So much lem asshurt in this thread. I guess Titanfall underperforming in preorders and the fact XBone is gonna get knocked the F out in March is making them worried.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44946 Posts

lol this has become one of my favorite threads of all time. didn't see it coming at all when I made it

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#188 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

So much lem asshurt in this thread. I guess Titanfall underperforming in preorders and the fact XBone is gonna get knocked the F out in March is making them worried.

Buhu go cry in a corner.

Titanfall is fantastic

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sure it looks good but it was already decided by Gamespot and IGN that Ryse is the best looking next gen console game.

lol

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@miiiiv said:
@topgunmv said:

@miiiiv:

Mediocre textures?

Some are better than others, just like every game.

Yes, most games have inconsistent textures. But even KZSF's best textures are not nearly as hi-res as the textures of some of the best looking pc games. By pc standards they are mediocre, by console standards they are above average.

Then tell me what games you're playing, because that's up there with anything I've seen playing crysis 2 with the MaldoHD mod.

danlevm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 danlevm
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

RYSE really does look amazing... but so does Killzone... I like the art style in Ryse though.. I find killzone a bit generic

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Since Sheen's are in overdrive bubububbu metacritic mode....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/killzone-shadow-fall

73 lololololololol

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

why is this even a thread? the game is 3 months old and dead. Nobody denies its a pretty game, regardless if they lied about the resolution or not. Only people that say its ugly is the hardcore lems. Still doesn't make it true. Sadly its a poor game which is why people don't play it. even after weeks of free multiplayer, nobody purchased it to play online. it spiked to 30k people then right back down to 2k people after it wasn't free. I think that speaks volumes. So why does any of this matter? Ryse probably has more people online playing it then killzone

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#194  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33099 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

I think it's time to put zeeshanhaider on my ignore list, this dude is constantly regurgitating his BS and living in denial even when we present facts, repeating the same shit 100times is not gonna fool anyone so I'll leave you in peace.

In other words. g-puking is owned again. Anywhere Crapzone is mentioned, I'll be bringing Ryse right up as ownage. You know, only cows are to be blamed for this mess.

@super600 said:

@shurns said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

Sorry I would believe what DF has to say rather than a random Sony drone but you are right Crapzone: Shadow Fail isn't even in the same league as Crysis 2 since it was beaten by Ryse. Crysis 2 is on a level up from there.

Okay then in your terms perhaps. User zeeshanhaider on Gamespot is Richard Leadbetter the author of the DF's Ryse analysis. Here's what he defined in the end. In your ignorant face gpuking.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/kz-shadow-fall-looks-amazing-31129955/?page=3

Ryse shits on Crapzone: Shadow Fail and Crysis 2 from 2011 just craps on anything 900pStation will going to produce. So people are better off buying calculators than next-gen consoles. Hell even tablets would be a better choice in few years.

Ouch!

Richard Leadbetter has no actual neogaf account if I recall so I don't get why people think that user is richard leadbetter.A bunch of news articles awhile ago revealed who john linneman was on neogaf and that is why I knew his real name. Anyway I don't care about killzone shadow falls graphics because the game's graphics is not enough to save a game that is really unappealing for most people.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

Beyond stunning that's for sure. True next gen game.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Both looks fantastic but I think CryTek's faces are more convincing/less uncanny and may be a harder feat.

Can't wait to own both consoles or have a buddy to stay over with that have both consoles :D

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

So what if Infamous has more pre-orders? It has a bigger install base....which going by your logic means PS4 gamers have less interest in Infamous than XB1 gamers have in titanfall....so...

The link for those numbers isn't even a credible source FFS, you are potentially going to look such a massive dickhead tomorrow (and for the next month or so). Bet you'll avoid GS all together....prat.

Nah, I'll be here for your bitch tears when you finally get bored of grinding and you realise you have NO GAMES until November. :)

really? dont be a titanfool

I can see titanfall lasting a hell of a lot longer than most other games this year put together. It has something sorely lacking in many games these days......the fun factor. It doesn't feel at all like a grind. and respawn and microsoft are commited to the title, i expect it to be the game which keeps on giving..

They'll be fleeing back to BF4 within weeks. In a month the same "what went wrong?" threads that popped up with Bioshock Infinite will start appearing for Tituhfuhh. The rest will move to COD or Destiny by the end of the year.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 zeeshanhaider

@super600 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

@super600 said:

@shurns said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

Ouch!

Richard Leadbetter has no actual neogaf account if I recall so I don't get why people think that user is richard leadbetter.A bunch of news articles awhile ago revealed who john linneman was on neogaf and that is why I knew his real name. Anyway I don't care about killzone shadow falls graphics because the game's graphics is not enough to save a game that is really unappealing for most people.

Any link to the articles would be greatly appreciated. Not that i doubt you but rubbing in the faces of cows is just so much fun. :D

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

really? dont be a titanfool

I can see titanfall lasting a hell of a lot longer than most other games this year put together. It has something sorely lacking in many games these days......the fun factor. It doesn't feel at all like a grind. and respawn and microsoft are commited to the title, i expect it to be the game which keeps on giving..

They'll be fleeing back to BF4 within weeks. In a month the same "what went wrong?" threads that popped up with Bioshock Infinite will start appearing for Tituhfuhh. The rest will move to COD or Destiny by the end of the year.

well your previous titanfall predictions were wrong, newsflash......nobody gives a shit what you think about titanfall or anything.

I said Titanflop would underperform with reviews and it has: sub-90 on Metacritic despite all the manufactured hype, beaten by a JRPG and an indie game and got a remake of a 12 year old game breathing down its neck.