Kudos TF for being the opposite of what Sony represnts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Sony and its studios have all become obsessed with graphics and resolution, they wanted to prove the superiority of the PS4 over the Xbone in this department, but they are taking it way too far.

Most Sony's games, aside from Infamous, are way more cinematic than they should OR have no game play at all, cough "Beyond" cough OR just fell short in that department like knack and KZ:SF. Even future products like the Order 1886 didn't really show any promising game play elements in its latest trailer, all I have been hearing was CG quality graphics and some other $hit.

The new direction Sony is taking is very alarming on many levels, they may be winning the war right now, but definitely their exclusive line up may not have any role in that any more.

TitanFall on the other hand hasn't been met but with praise recently, a game that runs on an inferior hardware with some compromises in gfx but they boosted the fun factor immensely with that.

May be Sony needs to rethink its approach because, even a devoted cow and a gfx whore like me can convert if they stopped producing fun games.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

Well, a game can be both cinematic and fun in my opinion. That said, I don't think Playstation exclusives are so amazing in general the way most cows seem to believe. Most of the best games are multiplatform games.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

what's wrong with Cinematic in games?/? ...... it's usually 1% out ot 99% gameplay .........

I rather play game cith "cinematic" rather than "pong" kind of game

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@2mrw said:

Sony and its studios have all become obsessed with graphics and resolution, they wanted to prove the superiority of the PS4 over the Xbone in this department, but they are taking it way too far.

Most Sony's games, aside from Infamous, are way more cinematic than they should OR have no game play at all, cough "Beyond" cough OR just fell short in that department like knack and KZ:SF. Even future products like the Order 1886 didn't really show any promising game play elements in its latest trailer, all I have been hearing was CG quality graphics and some other $hit.

The new direction Sony is taking is very alarming on many levels, they may be winning the war right now, but definitely their exclusive line up may not have any role in that any more.

TitanFall on the other hand hasn't been met but with praise recently, a game that runs on an inferior hardware with some compromises in gfx but they boosted the fun factor immensely with that.

May be Sony needs to rethink its approach because, even a devoted cow and a gfx whore like me can convert if they stopped producing fun games.

Did you like ryse?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

I actually really liked Beyond: Two Souls, it had an excellent story. Though, unlike previous games like Indigo Prophecy or Heavy Rain there's very little in the game that changes how the story plays out much. Kind of like Walking Dead in that regards, lots of choices that pretty much lead down the same path, but a great story nonetheless.

Anyhow, I'd say it's the fanboys that are more concerned about the resolution and framerates and such.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 2mrw

@hippiesanta said:

what's wrong with Cinematic in games?/? ...... it's usually 1% out ot 99% gameplay .........

When the whole game is built mainly to wow you visually, it may take away form the game play .... GOW:A is a prime example for this, the final boss was "WOOOW" but there was too little game play in that battle .... at the begining of the game were some section where the camera would go miles away from in order to give you the whole scale of battle, yet you are still battling monsters with no idea what's going on.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 2mrw

@Sweenix: I will describe it in one word "$hit"

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Congratulations on being a twat who ignored the sticky to make the 9999th Titanfall thread.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Titanfall is a fast paced multiplayer shooter...Pretty sure the consensus was that there was TOO MUCH of that last gen. Sony focusing on single player experiences is actually what people want.. As it stands the two most played games on either system are already CoD and BF, both with less than stellar graphics... Kudos to TF for what exactly?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Becuz I hate posting on stikies, in just gonna take the chance and post this here.

Here is why TitanFall will score high here on GS: Have you notice the extreme amount of media and front page attention GS is having for TF lately? Do you really think M$ would pay for all that media attention and front page space, if they werent also making sure that site also has a very positive review about.

I mean come on... all that work and time GS is putting into covering all this TItanfall stuff, making specific segments for it , GS themselves are hyping the game, just to give it a low or decent score.... ? No...

TF it is in GS best interest to make sure the review pleases M$.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

inFamous? Cinematic? Uh, you could've picked a far better example of cinema overriding gameplay than that.

Also, TF is meh. Plays fine (mechanics are great), but the modes leave me wanting. 6v6 is far too few of players and the inclusion of bots mess with the game's flow. Hopefully there are modes where it's exclusively PvP.

@Couth_ said:

Titanfall is a fast paced multiplayer shooter...Pretty sure the consensus was that there was TOO MUCH of that last gen. Sony focusing on single player experiences is actually what people want.. As it stands the two most played games on either system are already CoD and BF, both with less than stellar graphics... Kudos to TF for what exactly?

Which version of BF are you playing? Both BF3 and BF4 were two of the most visually outstanding games of the generation (second only to Crysis 2 & 3).

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@Basinboy said:

inFamous? Cinematic? Uh, you could've picked a far better example of cinema overriding gameplay than that.

Also, TF is meh. Plays fine (mechanics are great), but the modes leave me wanting. 6v6 is far too few of players and the inclusion of bots mess with the game's flow. Hopefully there are modes where it's exclusively PvP.

@Couth_ said:

Which version of BF are you playing? Both BF3 and BF4 were two of the most visually outstanding games of the generation (second only to Crysis 2 & 3).

The console version.. obviously..

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 2mrw

@Couth_ said:

Most previews are actually praising TF for being a fresh appraoch to multiplayer shooter. In fact many ppl are over CoD after Ghosts.

When I said we need more fun game play or game play in general, I meant in single player ... I didn't say" Sony ur games lack multuplayer, put some in ur game" !!!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Put your multiplayer-only grindfest Brink clone in the containment sticky where it belongs.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

@Basinboy said:

@Couth_ said:

they said ASIDE from infamous...

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

You are an idiot, If you are an xbox fanboy you are the last person who should be telling other fans what their company needs to do.

Sony (PS3 edition) by far had the most diverse high quality exclsuves of the past generation...all while getting the most graphics awards for technically impressive graphics for exclusives all generation long.

Your rant about Sony's games somehow not being good because of praise for graphics and tech is fail. All that rambling talk is nullified by the fact that the same thing holds true for the majority of the PS3 exclusives, the system that holds the most GOTY awards for a single game and holds the most GOTY awards for any individual platform all last generation.

There goes your "no game play argument" you don't win those awards based on graphics or Crysis would have 3 GOTY awards, yet it has none just like any xbox360 exclusive.

More damage control from the butthurt lemming peanut gallery.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I agree. Sony seems to concern itself with putting out great looking games with bad/mediocre gameplay instead of doing something new. Killzone came out and was great to look at but looks like the most boring fps ever. Knack came out and flopped, Infamous looks gorgeous but it looks like a reskinned Infamous 2 with the same gameplay. The Order looks like a typical cover shooter with no multiplayer. Its not looking good for PS4 gamers this year. Good thing they have better 3rd party multiplats because Sony's lineup this year is garbage.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 2mrw

@Basinboy: I actually pointed that Infamous stands out as a rare Sony exclusive that puts game play over gfx, it looks superb tho ..... you got it all wrong :)

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 2mrw

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Put your multiplayer-only grindfest Brink clone in the containment sticky where it belongs.

This isn't about TF as much as it's about Sony and it losing path, TF is just an example.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@2mrw said:

@Basinboy: I actually pointed that Infamous stands out as a rare Sony exclusive that puts game play over gfx, it looks superb tho ..... you got it all wrong :)

My bad, misread your post. Damn chlorine in my eyes.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@2mrw said:

@hippiesanta said:

When the whole game is built mainly to wow you visually, it may take away form the game play .... GOW:A is a prime example for this, the final boss was "WOOOW" but there was too little game play in that battle .... at the begining of the game were some section where the camera would go miles away from in order to give you the whole scale of battle, yet you are still battling monsters with no idea what's going on.

I got no problem with that .... cinematic is like taking a break for a few minutes to relax hand muscle and enetrtain our eyes ..... perhaps you are handicap person ... so I cannot blame you

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Yep, one of the reasons I'm thinking of moving away from Sony after being a Sony fanboy for nearly two decades.

The games just keep getting more and more shallow while there is more emphasis on graphics, and cinematography. It's sad.

I need something that's fun to actually PLAY!!! I should look into buying one of the other systems.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

so most ps4 games on its life cycle will be just focused on cinematics?? calm down tc, ps4 is not even a year old yet

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I hope we're all aware that "persistent online experiences" is just code for always-online DRM through the back door.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Ok, so just another "hate on Sony" thread from a fanboy.

I personally prefer story driven siingle player experiences like Uncharted, The Last of Us and Infamous. It should be no surprise that gamers like me are looking forward to The Order far more than Titan Fall.

What will Titan Fall be about two weeks after release? It will be another FPS filled with campers, people taking advantage of exploits and all around a-holes.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I actually like both approaches. I have hella fun on Titanfall, and I still like a bit of cinematic story telling (Just not too much to where it feels like it could've just been a movie. {Heavy Rain & Beyond2Souls}). I have faith that The Order will no doubt have an awesome story; I just hope it has enough compelling gameplay.

Yes, I loved Gears 1-3, so I have no problem with the shooting mechanics.

HEB86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28 HEB86
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Glad that xb1 has that one game going well for it. With all the xb1 failing in every other dept, its nice to know xb1 is getting some positive feed back

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Titanfall is an EA Respawn game. TC, you compared Sony's 1st party to an EA multiplat game, but you are equating that EA game as a M$ effort. The only effort they put forward was they came in and made an exclusive deal with EA ($$$). Originally, TF was going to be on many platforms before the deal was made. You should cite better examples.

@treedoor said:

Yep, one of the reasons I'm thinking of moving away from Sony after being a Sony fanboy for nearly two decades.

The games just keep getting more and more shallow while there is more emphasis on graphics, and cinematography. It's sad.

I need something that's fun to actually PLAY!!! I should look into buying one of the other systems.

Lies, lol. I guess you are on some sort of fakeboy kick, but why?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

Kudos to sony for being the opposite of what m$ represents, if it wasnt for sony the scum would have kept 24 hour online checkin, no used game and force feed us their garbage rehash exclusives. I cant wait till titanfall get announced for ps4 just so all this manufactured hype can stop.

Ps. Sony exclusives shit on m$ exclusives

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@2mrw said:

you know that titanfall isn't exactly exclusive,

and even before it was slated to hit Xbox's only,

it was up in the air until ms bought first title dibs,

and even managed to surprise the developers themselves..

thanking Microsoft would be like thanking sony for tomb raider 1 even though it was on pc also.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

If someone could please enlighten me why people think this game is something special?
The game modes are the standard modes you find in any FPS (TDM, Capture the flag, domination, last man standing...), nothing new to see here.
The Titans? Other shooters had mechs in them (as far back as Battlefield 2142). They are just vehicles, like tanks. Again, nothing new.

I understand that the game can be more than the sum of its parts, and I have played the beta. I have played a lots of online shooters throughout the past 15 years, I just fail to see why everybody and their mother seem to think that this game is something revolutionary. It's a good game, no doubt about that! But it's also nothing special.

On Topic: If you think MS is going a different route than Sony in terms of graphics and cinematic experiences, why was RYSE one of their major launch titles?
Sounds to me that you're only trying to defend that TF runs on an old engine, and it certainly wasn't Microsoft's call to pick it for the devs.

Avatar image for quakeknight1991
quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By quakeknight1991
Member since 2006 • 1528 Posts

First off, I havent played Titanfall but from what I have seen its very far from being innovative, in fact what it does is returning the FPS genere to its twitch/arena shooters, something I personally like since I hate modern shooters but you I dont think you can call that innovative in any way.

And yes I hate Cinematic games myself but there are more than enough non-cinematic playstaion exclusives coming to the ps4, like for example Guilty Gear Xrd, Infamous Second Son, Deep Down and hopefully Sega decides to localize the new Yakuza game to the west, I might be wrong on this one though. And also you sound as if the xbox one doesnt have cinematic games, thats outright false. It has Ryse, Quantum Break and there is a new Gears of war game in development for it too.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I suggest you create another thread that discusses this topic TC since it seems like people are going to be talking about titanfall since it was mentioned in the OP of this thread and not the main point of your thread which is that sony seems to be relying heavily on games that don't have fun gameplay.If you want to create another thread about this topic please don't use titanfall as an example.I actually approve of the topic being discussed in this thread, but other examples especially from last gen can be used.You can use the halo franchise as an example to an extent.Even some of nintendo's franchises like mario can be used as examples.