Kotaku on Far Cry 3 Console Performance (360 > PS3)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by megadeth1117 (1830 posts) -

http://kotaku.com/5950439/everything-you-need-to-know-about-far-cry-3s-vast-exhilarating-open-world

I got stuck on the PS3 version, and it was markedly inferior. Lots of screen-tearing, particularly during cutscenes, a smushed draw distance and some rough, ugly texture compression. Granted, the game still played fine, and most console owners won't care, but the PS3's graphics weren't looking so hot. The Xbox 360 version, from what I saw, looked somewhat betterless tearing, and darker textures, though still nowhere near the quality of the PC version.

Well, this sucks. I was planning on getting it on the PS3 for the exclusive content, but now I may have to switch. Get your s**t together Ubisoft.

#2 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (22933 posts) -
Sucks for consolites? Yeah, that sounds right.
#4 Posted by Supabul (4266 posts) -

Not surprised about the PS3 version, PS3 doe's not do openworld games good

I'd be worried about Assassins Creed 3 on PS3 to, that game is huge

Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
#5 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (762 posts) -
Ps3 version blows?!? What a shocker.
#6 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Well, that's not surprising tbh.

The E3 demo on the PS3 looked like crap (pop-up, jaggies) and ran sluggish.

PC is where it's at it for the game.

Oddly, there's no Wii U version planned for some reason.

#7 Posted by crusadernm (1609 posts) -

I think everyone knows multiplats are better on 360. Why beat this horse to death for 7 seven eyars.

#8 Posted by sukraj (27233 posts) -

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]Sucks for consolites? Yeah, that sounds right.SNIPER4321
it doesnot looks anything special at all.

Neither does Metro Last Night!

#9 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

I think everyone knows multiplats are better on 360. Why beat this horse to death for 7 seven eyars.

crusadernm

Lies.

Everyone knows it's just lazy devs who can't handle the awesome power of teh Cell...

#10 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

ShadowMooses' poor little heart will be broken.

#11 Posted by Puckhog04 (22814 posts) -

I'll still get it on PS3. Regardless, visual difference between versions will, as usual, be very minimal. Only certain games do I buy on 360.

#12 Posted by megadeth1117 (1830 posts) -

I'd be worried about Assassins Creed 3 on PS3 to, that game is huge

Supabul

I am worried. If it wasn't for those PS3 exclusive missions, I'd definitely get it for 360 instead.

#13 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
Ill be skipping it either way if its anything like far cry 2.. that game was awful
#14 Posted by Kaszilla (1841 posts) -
Lies!! Kotaku isn't trustworthy and hasn't been for years. Ps3 is either equal to 360 in multiplats or better
#15 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -
<

Well, this sucks. I was planning on getting it on the PS3 for the exclusive content, but now I may have to switch. Get your s**t together Ubisoft.

megadeth1117
Why blame Ubisoft?
#16 Posted by Puckhog04 (22814 posts) -

[QUOTE="megadeth1117"]<

HarlockJC

Why blame Ubisoft?

They're the Devs...

Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
#17 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (762 posts) -
Lies!! Kotaku isn't trustworthy and hasn't been for years. Ps3 is either equal to 360 in multiplats or betterKaszilla
Lol. I knew it wouldn't take long for this response to happen.
#18 Posted by rockydog1111 (2079 posts) -

This is in no way suprising to me. It isn't worth it for the devs to put forth the time and money to optimize the PS3 version. Here is to hoping Sony learned their lesson about creating a console that is hard to develop for.

#19 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

This is to be expected really. It's PS3. A b!tch to work for! But I don't care because I'm getting it on my PC.

I can remember ShadowMoses saying that FC3 will be superior on PS3 since it was shown in Sony's E3 (I thought it will be superior too). Looks like he'll be very upset about this.

It's so good not be a consolite. If PS3 is my primary platform, I would get pissed about this.

#20 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26859 posts) -

balfe1990

No he will just claim PS3 has the best version against all facts. Same like he did with Red Dead Redemption

#21 Posted by megadeth1117 (1830 posts) -

Ill be skipping it either way if its anything like far cry 2.. that game was awfulultraking

I too thought Far Cry 2 was an abomination , but this is looking a lot better.

#22 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
I'm not surprised.
#23 Posted by PCgameruk (1770 posts) -

betterless?

#24 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

R4gn4r0k

No he will just claim PS3 has the best version against all facts. Same like he did with Red Dead Redemption

Yeah, I just wish he would use some logic.

In this thread he would probably say "Nah, PS3 version is superior because of exclusive content", and the game's performance is much more important to me. I don't give a damn about exclusive content! I just want a well-built game. Therefore his standard must be really low.

But again, I'm getting it on my PC, so screw consoles.

#25 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

Surprise, surprise, an open world game being inferior on PS3.

Avatar image for ThePoliteArtist
#26 Posted by ThePoliteArtist (231 posts) -

My PS3 can't handle good graphics.:cry:

Glad I have an xbox.:D

#27 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26859 posts) -

In this thread he would probably say "Nah, PS3 version is superior because of exclusive content", and the game's performance is much more important to me. I don't give a damn about exclusive content! I just want a well-built game. Therefore his standard must be really low.

GamerwillzPS

Talking about the PC version and additional content: is there going to be mod support ?

#28 Posted by kraken2109 (13271 posts) -

Played the PC version at Eurogamer, I guess this is why they were showing that version.

Still, it didn't look amazing. Maybe it wasn't on max settings.

#29 Posted by immortality20 (8543 posts) -

The PS3 is known to have a little screen tear in some games, like seen on Dishonored, Skryim and others, but sometimes have a TINY bit crisper models and environments. I have to look hard to see the differences on either system so it's really on what you want to play more. I prefer 360 and others don't. I guess my comment is pretty neutral.

As for the game itself, I personally think it looks pretty awesome. I hope to pick it up at launch, but maybe wait until Christmas.

#30 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

R4gn4r0k

Talking about the PC version and additional content: is there going to be mod support ?

I don't know yet.

Personally, I never intend of using mods unless it's a flight simulator.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
#31 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (10532 posts) -
further proof that the 360 and ps3 truly are the HD twins. They are equal in power and ability. For shared multiplats, whichever version got the ground-up development will have the superior version to the system getting ported to.
#32 Posted by nervmeister (15378 posts) -

The PS3 is known to have a little screen tear in some games, like seen on Dishonored, Skryim and others, but sometimes have a TINY bit crisper models and environments. I have to look hard to see the differences on either system so it's really on what you want to play more. I prefer 360 and others don't. I guess my comment is pretty neutral.

As for the game itself, I personally think it looks pretty awesome. I hope to pick it up at launch, but maybe wait until Christmas.

immortality20
Speaking of which, I just saw the DF comparison for Dishonored. It's a solid tie between the console versions, according to them.
#33 Posted by Heil68 (57687 posts) -

I'll still get it on PS3. Regardless, visual difference between versions will, as usual, be very minimal. Only certain games do I buy on 360.

Puckhog04
Me too, along with the sure to be vastly superior PC version. Cant help but support Sony.
#35 Posted by locopatho (23108 posts) -
Unless it's your only option, it's crazy to buy multiplats on PS3.
#36 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Heil68

Me too, along with the sure to be vastly superior PC version. Cant help but support Sony.

Seriously, that's very sad.

#37 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5671 posts) -

Lol Far Cry 3.

#38 Posted by Timstuff (26839 posts) -
Looks like Xbox 360 wins the special olympics.
#39 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1248 posts) -

Yadda yadda yadda,heard it all before,game will be fine on PS3 just like 99.99999999% of games.I've seen so many comparison videos where the PS3 version looks bad and then I buy the game and..hey presto,its looks great.Perhaps I have a magic TV.

#40 Posted by Heil68 (57687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

GamerwillzPS

Seriously, that's very sad.

Why? Everyone says they are hurting financially. I buy Pc/console versions frequently if they game is good enough and add on when games go on sale for cheap, why not.
#41 Posted by DarthClark (458 posts) -
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Heil68

Iol you have become worse than shadow moses, god youre an idiot,
#42 Posted by rockydog1111 (2079 posts) -
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Heil68

Why support Sony, did they give you a free PS3, do they pay your bills? I guess I will never get why people feel they should support a company that they don't work for or own.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
#43 Posted by Obviously_Right (5331 posts) -

PS3 version comes with exclusive content.

SDC

#44 Posted by Heil68 (57687 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

DarthClark

Iol you have become worse than shadow moses, god youre an idiot,

k, cantezcapethefail..lolz
#45 Posted by jackfruitchips (1065 posts) -

Still get it on PS3. FC3 is the best FPS this year.

#46 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26859 posts) -

Iol you have become worse than shadow mosesDarthClark

worst insult ... ever :o

#47 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I'll wait until the game actually comes out first, I'll let other sites like GS/IGN etc....make the call, if they say there is a difference then there is.

I doubt the findings of this article currently, this happens everytime a new multiplat is coming out, fanboys find some dumb article that overexaggerates things to make themselves feel less insecure about their system.

Hope it's great though, we will see when the game is actually released.

#48 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

dat cell using it's power in open world games, like usual :lol:

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
#49 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
kotaku is inferior to GS, ill wait for the review
#50 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

Still get it on PS3. FC3 is the best FPS this year.

jackfruitchips

How do you know when its not even out yet?