Kojima 'refusing point blank' to put MGS4 on the 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gameruk2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gameruk2010
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

Wednesday 11-Jul-2007 7:41 AM Microsoft's Peter Moore didn't even mention Metal Gear Solid 4...

Pre-E3 whispers say MGS4 will be a timed exclusive for PS3. Microsoft mentioned just about every other game under the sun at its E3 press conference expect Kojima's highly-anticipated action game.

It was only yesterday that rumours of Metal Gear Solid 4 being released for Xbox 360 hit a new high. Konami's head of US and European operations, Kazumi Kitaue, said that even though Metal Gear Solid was born for PlayStation, and the firm would like to keep it that way, steps may have to be taken.

We can only presume that he means steps taken to make the game multiplatform to cover the cost of the game's lengthy development cycle.

A source has told CVG that , "Kitaue is constantly trying to force Kojima to drop the game's PS3 exclusivity, which Hideo refuses point blank to do. Trust me MGS4 will be a PS3 exclusive for for months at least."

Microsoft's press conference focused on games that will be released this year (apart from Resi 5). There was no mention of MGS4 and 360 which makes us believe that Sony is still holding tight to the franchise. If it was coming to 360, Peter Moore would have made a massive song and dance about it. He didn't, probably because the deal's not been signed yet.

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
0.0 wow
GXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GXR
Member since 2003 • 1476 Posts
source ?
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
To everyone who says Kojima's word on this is final - we'll see who's right.  Clearly there's more internal conflict on this than a lot of people are willing to admit.
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
Refuses at point blank. I'd like that in an article for more ownage.
snoz_dawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 snoz_dawg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

Refuses at point blank. I'd like that in an article for more ownage.NobuoMusicMaker

how can kojima tell one of the heads of konami what to do. Kitaeu shoul just man the **** upand make the final decision. Kojima shouldn't run konami. but hey i couldnt really care less cos i plan on owning a ps3 in the near future anyways. so either way i will eventually play this game

_S0LID_SNAKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _S0LID_SNAKE_
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts
Link please?
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
Although it doesn't matter to me, I respect his lack of super duper corporate jack arse.
Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thompsonwhore
Member since 2003 • 2059 Posts

[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]Refuses at point blank. I'd like that in an article for more ownage.snoz_dawg

how can kojima tellone of the heads of konami what to do. Kitaeu shoul justman the **** upand make the final decision.

Because without Kojima, there is no Metal Gear Solid 4.

IbukiNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IbukiNinja
Member since 2007 • 878 Posts
Kojima is a man of his word. He said MGS4 will be a PS3 exclusive and he want to keep it that way. So you guys know, Kojima has more lead way to do what he wants, and he very well deserve that status.
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts
Kojima doesn't have an option.....konami is paying him.
Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thompsonwhore

Kojima doesn't have an option.....konami is paying him.Xbox360gamer1

Konami can do nothing but pressure him. But since Kojima owns the Metal Gear franchise, he has the final word.

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts

[QUOTE="Xbox360gamer1"]Kojima doesn't have an option.....konami is paying him.Thompsonwhore

Konami can do nothing but pressure him. But since Kojima owns the Metal Gear franchise, he has the final word.

Actually Konami owns it.
gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts
yea thats what i was thinking, if kojima wants it only on PS3 konami cant do nothing about it cuz then he can just leave and take MGS4 with him, even though he'd probably get into a big lawsuit or something, i doubt konami would want to go through all that and they'll just go with whatever kojima wants
Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Thompsonwhore
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

[QUOTE="Xbox360gamer1"]Kojima doesn't have an option.....konami is paying him.wemhim

Actually Konami owns it.

As the creator, Kojima owns it.

Konami is only the publisher.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

Kojima is a man of his word. He said MGS4 will be a PS3 exclusive and he want to keep it that way. So you guys know, Kojima has more lead way to do what he wants, and he very well deserve that status.IbukiNinja

Whatever. Your "word" doesnt pay the bills or the devs. Cold hard $$ does.... :shock:

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
Ouch,I suppose Viva Pinata Party will have to do.
IbukiNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IbukiNinja

[QUOTE="IbukiNinja"]Kojima is a man of his word. He said MGS4 will be a PS3 exclusive and he want to keep it that way. So you guys know, Kojima has more lead way to do what he wants, and he very well deserve that status.Magical_Zebra

Whatever. Your "word" doesnt pay the bills or the devs. Cold hard $$ does.... :shock:

So you assuming to know the business side of this issue? You think they will go bankrupt if they don't make it multi-plat? If they were in such a financial status like that to begin with, then MGS4 would've been multi-plat status a long time ago. Of cousre I'm making sense, and that's not allowed in SW.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
It wasn't announced so its just not happening. Not yet. Lemmings need to accept that and move on.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"]

[QUOTE="IbukiNinja"]Kojima is a man of his word. He said MGS4 will be a PS3 exclusive and he want to keep it that way. So you guys know, Kojima has more lead way to do what he wants, and he very well deserve that status.IbukiNinja

So you assuming to know the business side of this issue? You think they will go bankrupt if they don't make it multi-plat? If they were in such a financial status like that to begin with, then MGS4 would've been multi-plat status a long time ago. Of cousre I'm making sense, and that's not allowed in SW.

You just went off on a tangent for no reason. I have brought this to your attention before: READING COMPREHENSION. If im assuming I know the business side then what the hell are you doing? Do I think they will go bankrupt? No, I dont think they will go bankrupt, but I also dont see the devs making a profit unless a hell O lot of PS3's are sold. Your making sense according toYOUand thats all that matters. :shock:

gameruk2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gameruk2010
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

hahaha

fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts

Although I doubt that the story is true, Kojima is one of the few talented producers left at Konami. He could easily have them by the *****.

Keep the dream alive lemmings :lol:

smackbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 smackbang
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts
Kojima can only hold Konami off for soo long. He will cave to the demands one way or another wether he likes it or not (remember Mikami and Resident Evil 4, he was quoted several times to say it would be gamecube exclusive always and we know what happened there).
smackbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 smackbang
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

hahaha

gameruk2010

LOL that comic strip owns.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Magical_Zebra
Lol, its like 7 discs. :lol:
snoz_dawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 snoz_dawg
[QUOTE="snoz_dawg"]

[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]Refuses at point blank. I'd like that in an article for more ownage.Thompsonwhore

how can kojima tellone of the heads of konami what to do. Kitaeu shoul justman the **** upand make the final decision.

And without konami's money there is no mgs4.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

Refuses at point blank. I'd like that in an article for more ownage.NobuoMusicMaker

How is that ownage? :|

It's showing that even though Konami wants MGS4 to go multiplat (and apparently can port it successfully), Kojima is still against it for some unknown reason. Who's Kojima owning? The gamers that want an enjoyable gaming experience no matter which console they have?

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
it's only a matter of time, cows
gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts
the difference is the game is probably atleast 3/4 done by now, konami already spent their money its not like they can get it back like that, so they have to cave in to what kojima wants, mgs4 is the main powerhouse of konami imo
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dualshockin
it's only a matter of time, cowsakif22
Just wait for it then :wink:
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dualshockin

Although I doubt that the story is true, Kojima is one of the few talented producers left at Konami. He could easily have them by the *****.

Keep the dream alive lemmings :lol:

fierro316
The fact that they want our games -after- their E3 showing is not a good sign :lol:
IbukiNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IbukiNinja
It's sad to see a rumor of MGS4 going multi-plat (again) become the hot-topic for 360 fans instead of the Microsoft Press Conference... No Mass Effect hype, No Lost Odessy hype...
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
[QUOTE="akif22"]it's only a matter of time, cowsDualshockin
Just wait for it then :wink:

yeah like 2 years of time
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Magical_Zebra

It's sad to see a rumor of MGS4 going multi-plat (again) become the hot-topic for 360 fans instead of the Microsoft Press Conference... No Mass Effect hype, No Lost Odessy hype...IbukiNinja

No thx. I will get Mass Effect but Im more pumped for Army of 2 and Assasins Creed. :shock:

fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts

It's sad to see a rumor of MGS4 going multi-plat (again) become the hot-topic for 360 fans instead of the Microsoft Press Conference... No Mass Effect hype, No Lost Odessy hype...IbukiNinja

No, instead they make Killzone and MGS threads all the time.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts

[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]Refuses at point blank. I'd like that in an article for more ownage.snoz_dawg

how can kojima tell one of the heads of konami what to do. Kitaeu shoul just man the **** upand make the final decision. Kojima shouldn't run konami. but hey i couldnt really care less cos i plan on owning a ps3 in the near future anyways. so either way i will eventually play this game

Hideo Kojima is the game's dirictor
Hideo Kojima owns Kojima Productions which is making the game
Hideo Kojima has a senior position in Konima in Japan and outranks his US / Europe assoiate ...

If Konima bully's Kojima they will lose - MGS4, MGS movie(SONY partnership), 1 devlopment studio, 1 director, huge shareholder trust ...

Hell dose Konima even own the rights to MGS4 characters / story ? Or does Kojima / Kojima Productions ? Because im not sure if Konima CAN forcfully put MGS4 on 360 ... i mean MGS2 was ported to Xbox becuase Konima owned the devlopment team, yet the port sucked ...
janzaruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 janzaruk
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts

Face, MS faled this time around. Sony did on 06. So big deal.

Now, just a point of interst maybe to this dicussin, I believe Kojima is a VP at konami, so I think he has a little more pull than some of you are giving him credit for.

The problem seems to be MS fanboys were POSITIVE MSG4 was coming to the 360, that when it didn't happen, everythign else fell flat.

It really doesn't matter to me, but when you put all of your eggs int he MSG4 basket, and it isn't there, you are left feeling very empty....

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="snoz_dawg"]

but im sure EA / Square-Enix / SONY / Microsoft / Nintnedo / Namco / Temco would all be happy to pay for MGS4 to be devloped ...

Remember - no MGS4 on PS3 - no $100+ million MGS movie contract between SONY and Konima ...
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

Kojima is a man of his word. He said MGS4 will be a PS3 exclusive and he want to keep it that way. So you guys know, Kojima has more lead way to do what he wants, and he very well deserve that status.IbukiNinja

Correct also he actually wants to PUSH the power of the PS3.

Whether you guys like it or not, exclusives push a system more then a multiplat...ALWAYS. Take a look at last gen and think of the most impressive games and how many were console exclusives when they launch, hell just exclusives in general.

Kojima wants to push the PS3 to its limit for his final game in the series. Also he wants to see if it can be what I like to call "A fan grabber" being a game that sells MORE then a multiplat because it gains so much hype by a consoles fanbase.

Some games/companies that have achieved this are Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden, RAREWARE, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and Tales of Symphonia.

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts

Does anyone find it funny? Kojima just said it will be atleast months atleast...So basically he is saying it can go multiplat himself.

As I said before..its going to be the same as MGS2...First is exculsive and substance is mutltiplat

Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts
Mark my words, if Metal Gear Solid 4 does end up on the 360, Kojima won't have a part in it. It will probably be a port (if it ends up there at all) done only by Konami.
Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Thompsonwhore

Does anyone find it funny? Kojima just said it will be atleast months atleast...So basically he is saying it can go multiplat himself.Acenso

A source has told CVG that , "Kitaue is constantly trying to force Kojima to drop the game's PS3 exclusivity, which Hideo refuses point blank to do. Trust me MGS4 will be a PS3 exclusive for for months at least."

A "source". Not Hideo Kojima himself.

snoz_dawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 snoz_dawg
[QUOTE="snoz_dawg"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="snoz_dawg"]

[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]Refuses at point blank. I'd like that in an article for more ownage.choasgod

but im sure EA / Square-Enix / SONY / Microsoft / Nintnedo / Namco / Temco would all be happy to pay for MGS4 to be devloped ...

Remember - no MGS4 on PS3 - no $100+ million MGS movie contract between SONY and Konima ...

cant be done by nintendo on their hardwear, microsoft would release it on pc to make more money, ea will never EVERreleasea platform exclusive game, and namco and tecmo will have the same issues as konami and will probably force kojima to go multiplat. and teh $100 million.You doknow m$ payed rockstar $50+ milfor exclusive gta content and could easily do the same to buy themgs series (too late for mgs4).

lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
Mind you, I know 360 is amazing and I know of its capabilities, graphics, AA, better textures, etabilished online system etc, but what if Kojima took full advatage of Ps3 features not present in 360 and simply isn't willing to limit his vision to offer a lesser experience.

Right now, no game has proven Sony claims of how powerful Cell is, or how blu-ray is needed for next-gen gaming. Why can people even consider that Kojima is using these feature to full extent. He's known for pushing hardware limits, so when he says Ps3 is theater and 360 a DVD, I think he knows something we don't and maybe he'll show us with MGS4.

Konami and Kojima diversion might be the same faced by dozens of artists when the person providing the funds requires the artist to change his creation to make it 'more comercial'.

Reminds me of Team Ninja last gen. Itagaki picked the xbox because it was the most powerful, and simply wasn't willing to port the game to ps2 and offer a crappier experience but probably a bigger financial return. And he stayed firm to his vision.

Anyway, Konami statement said they might do it if the ps3 doesn't offer the expected returns. Well, if ps3 flops, I hope the game goes elsewhere and the franchise keeps going, but if not, it will stay there. So it's up to Sony now.

Smakkjoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Smakkjoo
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

Ouch,I suppose Viva Pinata Party will have to do.Dualshockin

lmfao, that actually looks kinda fun LOL

tranhgiang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tranhgiang
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts

Kojima should just pull out a blank DVD, slap the MGS4 sticker on it and give it to Microsoft.

Seriously, telling Kojima to put MGS4 on the 360 is like asking Davinci to draw Mona Lisa with only color pencil.