Knack 2: The New God of War

• 103 results
#1 Edited by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

I was watching a video of Easy Allies about Knack 2 (they trashed on Knack 1, have massive hype after playing Knack 2) and they actually said that it plays like god of war and it's the new god of war.

With god of war changing pretty heavily and looking at the gameplay of knack 2, it does show striking similarities to god of war (except co op and less blood)

Video starts at 1:00 more or less

Honestly Knack 2 looks like a huge improvement, though I haven't played Knack 1, but yeah, Knack 2 looks super cool and it's coming at a 40 dollar price tag to boot, the meme for Knack is Back is real and great but I think the meme is becoming real and Knack 2 will actually be a solid game, especially with a buddy in this generation of very few couch co opy games, especially in the AAA stage.

Full parry system, more focus on platforming, full co op where one isn't a shitty sidekick meh thing, hidden side stuff, apparently stuff like shrinking down to get into big things so you can control them, team techniques, dash dodges, super modes, etc etc, Knack 2 is going to be a great game, looks like we're getting 2 god of wars exclusive to ps4.

#2 Posted by sts106mat (24239 posts) -

LOL

this looks more like the new skylanders than anything else

TRASH

#3 Posted by tjandmia (988 posts) -

This game is insulting to a great company like Sony. WTF...

#4 Posted by Boycie (2042 posts) -

Knack is a rubbish looking character.

#5 Posted by DaVillain- (28459 posts) -

I'm getting this game. It looks so awesome and looks a lot better from the first game.

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (50218 posts) -

Gotta admire developers that charge less for games they know will be shit.

This looks better tho

#7 Posted by R4gn4r0k (27741 posts) -

Ok, the combat system does look really cool.

But I don't like the art style in this game at all. It's a mish mash of colorful and realistic and cartooney at the same time and I don't like it one bit.

#8 Posted by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

But I don't like the art style in this game at all. It's a mish mash of colorful and realistic and cartooney at the same time and I don't like it one bit.

It's pixar styled.

#9 Posted by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

LOL

TRASH

Looks like god of war with a pixar visual design.

Seriously, this is identical to god of war if you actually look at the gameplay.

#11 Edited by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

It looks like fairly standard combat for one of these platformer games that through melee combat in there. Not God of War was deep (it's not, it's shallow), but God of War had a lot more going on than just being bog standard with its base gameplay. And Part of appeal of God of War's combat is the over the top violence and it being cathartic for it, this isn't that, and visually it's far from Pixar and a lot closer to dreamworks.

It looks marginally better than the first game, but will probably be nothing to write home about in a year that's gonna get a new Mario game and has already had things like Hollow Knight as far as platformers. Hope it's good. It's not like Sony's funding another platformer new ip anytime soon.

#12 Edited by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

@davillain- said:

I'm getting this game. It looks so awesome and looks a lot better from the first game.

This.

#13 Posted by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

It looks like fairly standard combat for one of these platformer games that through melee combat in there. Not God of War was deep (it's not, it's shallow), but God of War had a lot more going on than just being bog standard with its base gameplay. And Part of appeal of God of War's combat is the over the top violence and it being cathartic for it, this isn't that, and visually it's far from Pixar and a lot closer to dreamworks.

It looks marginally better than the first game, but will probably be nothing to write home about in a year that's gonna get a new Mario game and has already had things like Hollow Knight as far as platformers. Hope it's good. It's not like Sony's funding another platformer new ip anytime soon.

The original game was a melee focused game, not platformer game, this game is actually adding a lot of the platforming that you're seeing, so it's really the opposite.

God of War isn't devil may cry but it's deeper than most games out there, the main thing that made it easier to master than other hack and slash like the aforementioned devil may cry was due to the fact that you had a much longer range (outside of guns which weren't huge damage weapons)

Tons of people were disappointed when they saw the game play change for god of war, hack n' slash is a big genre. But either way the combat looks solid.

My main argument for the combat is 0:20 - 0:34, heck the combat just looks super fluid as well.

Loading Video...

The game looks sweet and it looks like it'll live up to the rule of game 2 being vastly better and fulfilling what the first game couldn't do. Knack probably was rushed out or something or wasn't as fleshed out as it could cuz it was a release title, ie a tech demo, Knack 2 on the other hand isn't just a tech demo but an actual game.

#14 Posted by sukraj (27508 posts) -

I never played the first one but knack 2 has got me excited.

#15 Posted by getyeryayasout (11585 posts) -

I actually played the first Knack at the begging of this generation when it was only Knack or Watch Dogs once you finished AC Black Flag, and the only thing I recall is how off-putting I found the aesthetics. Gameplay was whatever.

This looks more interesting, but I don't want it.

#16 Posted by funsohng (29917 posts) -

This is going to be the greatest exclusive PS4 has ever seen.

#17 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

I'm not actually sure what's worse. Easy Allies or Knack?

#18 Posted by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

I'm not actually sure what's worse. Easy Allies or Knack?

Easy Allies > Knack 2 > Greatness > Meh > Knack

Easy Allies are great and have a decent spread of game taste while also staying pretty solid with what they play together and talk about, plus their tabletop is great, overall Easy Allies are the best out there who actively post content, people make better videos sometimes but those guys release a video every month or so.

#19 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

@putaspongeon: everything I've seen from them has been awful.

#20 Edited by sts106mat (24239 posts) -

@putaspongeon said:
@sts106mat said:

LOL

TRASH

Seriously, this is identical to god of war if you actually look at the gameplay.

Would i play Gears of War if it was with Fairies shooting rainbows at Unicorns? F*** no.

there are some games that by looks alone are a huge put off, this is one of them.

i am not playing this skylanders looking bullshit, god of war gameplay or not.

#21 Posted by uninspiredcup (26128 posts) -

It's very gratifying to see the people from Gametrailers washed up.

#22 Edited by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@sts106mat said:
@putaspongeon said:
@sts106mat said:

LOL

TRASH

Would i play Gears of War if it was with Fairies shooting rainbows at Unicorns? F*** no.

there are some games that by looks alone are a huge put off, this is one of them.

If "it's dark, grimy, edgy, and bloody" is your justification for playing a video game, then you have problems.

That said what you suggested sounds like a fun game and would be comparable to a blood dragon style expansion and those games are great.

Knack 2 will be great.

#23 Edited by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

They are quite successful with their youtube stuff actually.

#24 Posted by Ten_Pints (3133 posts) -

Does this mean there will be QTE sequences Knack ripping peoples head off?

#25 Posted by aigis (7353 posts) -

Knack is back baaaaaby

#26 Edited by uninspiredcup (26128 posts) -

@putaspongeon said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Most videos are barely cracking 20,000, in a lot of cases 2,000.

Gametrailers was awful.

#27 Posted by getyeryayasout (11585 posts) -

@ten_pints said:

Just a sex mini-game.

"Knack just keeps growing and growing...Oh, my!"

#28 Posted by sts106mat (24239 posts) -

@putaspongeon said:
@sts106mat said:
@putaspongeon said:
@sts106mat said:

LOL

TRASH

If "it's dark, grimy, edgy, and bloody" is your justification for playing a video game, then you have problems.

That said what you suggested sounds like a fun game and would be comparable to a blood dragon style expansion and those games are great.

Knack 2 will be great.

No, that isn't my justification for playing a game. It has to appeal to me in the first place. usually this is how the game looks.

The other factors i look for these days are games that are immersive.

If it looks like a kids game (this game) or some sort of anime junk, i am not interested in it.

Blood dragon was decent.

if you like the idea shooting rainbows around, may i suggest you look up "rainbow islands", its a game i enjoyed when i was around 9 years old.

#29 Edited by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@putaspongeon said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Gametrailers was awful.

Gametrailers was better than ign/gamespot.

Anyway the have a shit ton of patreons and twitch subs, they don't have to make gametrailer success to run cuz they have a much smaller team now.

#30 Edited by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@sts106mat said:
@putaspongeon said:
@sts106mat said:
@putaspongeon said:

Knack 2 will be great.

No, that isn't my justification for playing a game. It has to appeal to me in the first place. usually this is how the game looks.

If it looks like a kids game (this game) or some sort of anime junk, i am not interested in it.

Blood dragon was decent.

if you like the idea shooting rainbows around, may i suggest you look up "rainbow islands", its a game i enjoyed when i was around 9 years old.

Sounds like you'll miss out on a lot of good games, also the game you are mockingly (failing btw) suggested looks like a mario rip off, nty.

The fact is that knack is a good game that you aren't playing cuz it looks like an animated movie.

You also listed anime junk as games you don't play.

Hard to take you seriously when you are this biased and stubborn, I just imagine you sitting in your room with a trucker hat going "can't let myself go homosexual by watching one of those asian animes" and "i'm too old for that cartoon shit"

Wrong on both cases.

#31 Edited by sts106mat (24239 posts) -

@putaspongeon said:
@sts106mat said:
@putaspongeon said:
@sts106mat said:

Knack 2 will be great.

Blood dragon was decent.

Sounds like you'll miss out on a lot of good games, also the game you are mockingly (failing btw) suggested looks like a mario rip off, nty.

The fact is that knack is a good game that you aren't playing cuz it looks like an animated movie.

You also listed anime junk as games you don't play.

Hard to take you seriously when you are this biased and stubborn, I just imagine you sitting in your room with a trucker hat going "can't let myself go homosexual by watching one of those asian animes" and "i'm too old for that cartoon shit"

Wrong on both cases.

Well you can imagine all you want. I own a house so dont' have "a room".

I've been gaming for a long time, i know what i like and don't like to play by now. So i dont feel i am "missing out on a lot of good games" just because some kid who probably isn't even as old as some as some of my undies says so.

Rainbow islands was a good game back in the day, where things were innocent and before gay people were using rainbows as their symbol. the idea was to get to the top of the map, rather than the right hand side. you used rainbows as bridges. its funny you bash the game calling it a "mario knock off" without any prior knowledge of it.

nowadays, if someone likes rainbows, they are apparently gay. I don't think its fair, but i don't make the rules.

I've never really been into cartoons, I liked He-man, Dungeons and dragons, Transformers etc. I don't even like the simpsons FFs.

None of the japanese Anime / Manga / pokemon or any of that stuff has ever appealed to me..

#32 Posted by phbz (2465 posts) -

@mems_1224: They are a funny bunch, entertaining. Unfortunately anything not Nintendo or Sony tends to be seen more cynically. And that makes them less than credible.

#33 Edited by Ten_Pints (3133 posts) -
@getyeryayasout said:
@ten_pints said:

Just a sex mini-game.

Tap X to split enemy in half...

#34 Posted by uninspiredcup (26128 posts) -

@putaspongeon said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@putaspongeon said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Gametrailers was awful.

Anyway the have a shit ton of patreons and twitch subs, they don't have to make gametrailer success to run cuz they have a much smaller team now.

They all suck, this is true. But the other sites only ignored pc gaming, while Gametrailers purposefully went out of it's way to denounce it.

Loading Video...

People like Jim Sterling acting like it's a great loss to gaming lol

Na, gaming is better for it.

#35 Edited by getyeryayasout (11585 posts) -

@ten_pints said:
@getyeryayasout said:
@ten_pints said:

Just a sex mini-game.

Tap X to split enemy in half...

The Knack Crack Attack, or KCA as it's known in the streets, is a truly devastating thrust attack that typically will not result in a second date. Just...devastating.

#36 Posted by mjorh (6742 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@putaspongeon said:

They all suck, this is true. But the other sites only ignored pc gaming, while Gametrailers purposefully went out of it's way to denounce it.

Loading Video...

People like Jim Sterling acting like it's a great loss to gaming lol

Na, gaming is better for it.

Holy shit! that was terrible

#37 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

@phbz said:

@mems_1224: They are a funny bunch, entertaining. Unfortunately anything not Nintendo or Sony tends to be seen more cynically. And that makes them less than credible.

nah, they're like kinda funny where they try really hard to be funny but just aren't. they're so incredibly boring and lack any kind of personality.

#38 Posted by Wasdie (53504 posts) -

Cool to see they didn't just give up on the franchise.

#39 Posted by cainetao11 (33565 posts) -

@davillain- said:

I'm a real lore whore so I'll have to buy the first one to catch up on the backstory

#40 Posted by cainetao11 (33565 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

LOL

TRASH

dude game media would praise a game based off of a used piece of Yoshida's toilet paper. It would be called Sheet.

#41 Posted by Chutebox (43475 posts) -

I don't know about the gameplay, but the artstyle is just ugly as shit.

#42 Posted by sts106mat (24239 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:
@sts106mat said:

LOL

TRASH

dude game media would praise a game based off of a used piece of Yoshida's toilet paper. It would be called Sheet.

I thought that it was called "Tearaway unfolded"

#43 Posted by shellcase86 (3646 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

I love the art style! Very fresh.

OT: Super pumped for this. the first was decent, and this looks much better.

Fun fact: The first Knack allowed local Co-op, too!

#44 Posted by lifelessablaze (810 posts) -

@putaspongeon said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Lol yeah right.

> Used to host vg award show on TV

> Now reduced to making shitty youtube videos that barely breaks 5k views.

#45 Edited by DaVillain- (28459 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:

I'm a real lore whore so I'll have to buy the first one to catch up on the backstory

I'm amaze the first Knack hasn't been PS+ freebie as of yet.

Knack get's so much hate, I just took the game as a kids game for any young kids wanted to play Mario wannabe style game for PS4 at the time.

#46 Posted by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

@putaspongeon said:

The original game was a melee focused game, not platformer game, this game is actually adding a lot of the platforming that you're seeing, so it's really the opposite.

God of War isn't devil may cry but it's deeper than most games out there, the main thing that made it easier to master than other hack and slash like the aforementioned devil may cry was due to the fact that you had a much longer range (outside of guns which weren't huge damage weapons)

The game looks sweet and it looks like it'll live up to the rule of game 2 being vastly better and fulfilling what the first game couldn't do. Knack probably was rushed out or something or wasn't as fleshed out as it could cuz it was a release title, ie a tech demo, Knack 2 on the other hand isn't just a tech demo but an actual game.

God of War's shallowness had nothing to do with the distance covered by the blades of chaos lol, do you even play these games?

and yeah that 14 seconds look like some basic ass shit+a parry. These days, even mediocre combat engines have a parry. It looks appealing if you've never played better beat-em ups.

#47 Posted by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:
@putaspongeon said:

God of War's shallowness had nothing to do with the distance covered by the blades of chaos lol, do you even play these games?

and yeah that 14 seconds look like some basic ass shit+a parry. These days, even mediocre combat engines have a parry. It looks appealing if you've never played better beat-em ups.

You have a hate boner for sony don't you, you literally make shit up to down on them.

#48 Posted by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

@lifelessablaze said:
@putaspongeon said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Lol yeah right.

> Used to host vg award show on TV

> Now reduced to making shitty youtube videos that barely breaks 5k views.

Whole company vs like 7 guys.

#49 Posted by DrLostRib (3686 posts) -

@putaspongeon said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@putaspongeon said:

You have a hate boner for sony don't you, you literally make shit up to down on them.

Lol, good luck with that ^

#50 Posted by GameboyTroy (8743 posts) -
@putaspongeon said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@putaspongeon said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Gametrailers was awful.

They have 110,900 subs on youtube. I also liked Gametrailers better than IGN/GS.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrxXp1reP8E353rZsB3jaA/featured

@mems_1224 said:
@phbz said:

nah, they're like kinda funny where they try really hard to be funny but just aren't. they're so incredibly boring and lack any kind of personality.

Huber has personality.

https://youtu.be/NMVlJosT65Y