SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-09-yoshis-crafted-world-kirbys-extra-epic-yarn-get-march-release-dates

Are you interested in these games, SW? I have the original Epic Yarn on Wii, which I haven't played. It may be better to play on 3DS. As for Yoshi, I played the previous game, and thought it was really kiddy. I hope this next one comes out better.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I thoroughly enjoyed Epic Yarn on Wii. Not sure if I want to pick it up again, though. The yarn Yoshi games seem too basic, relying too much on an eye-popping aesthetic. They remind me of the LittleBigPlanet games, and I considered those bland, overrated bore fests.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

I'll wait for reviews on Yoshi. Don't care for games that are too easy.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

So now all that’s left is Super Mario World 3D and every major WiiU game is on the Switch.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

This confirms that there will not be a Nintendo Direct this month. Sadly, that also means that this year is starting off even worse than 2018 for Switch. Nintendo wasted momentum again... They desperately need to expand. Another year of droughts and they'll drop consoles sooner than expected.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

So now all that’s left is Super Mario World 3D and every major WiiU game is on the Switch.

I wish that was true, but Nintendo still hasn't ported Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Pikmin 3, Mario Maker, Paper Mario, The Wonderful 101, and a few others.

I'd probably double-dip on a bunch of those - especially The Wonderful 101 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Nope.

i love platformers but those games are way to kiddy for my taste

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn & Yoshi's Crafted World are both interesting titles and I do like unique arts in video games and the fact Nintendo are still one out of the big 3 who are being more creative in games should be appreciated. Not saying I do dislike interactive story driven games but their are times it needs to be lay back and open the doors for more creative games. Nice to see Nintendo still has an open mind.

@Planeforger said:
@Sevenizz said:

I wish that was true, but Nintendo still hasn't ported Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Pikmin 3, Mario Maker, Paper Mario, The Wonderful 101, and a few others.

I'd probably double-dip on a bunch of those - especially The Wonderful 101 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

The Wonderful 101 is underrated and it didn't do well in terms of sells. It was trying so hard to be Viewtiful Joe knockoff and it didn't pan out. I'm not even expecting Wonderful 101 to ever be ported to Switch and I thought the game itself was lackluster but then again, it's been years since I played it on Wii U. I rather have another Viewtiful Joe game then another knockoff.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

More paper to fill over the cracks of a lacklustre library.

Old game gets a lick of paint for full price. And Nintendo fanboys are so loyal they will buy this again. And again. And again.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@DocSanchez said:

Old game gets a lick of paint for full price. And Nintendo fanboys are so loyal they will buy this again. And again. And again.

Funny, when Sony fans buy remastered games, they are all happy to buy the games again & again, & again.

You're point?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DocSanchez

1 sonys remastered games are cheaper than full price releases (although still sometimes still overpriced in my opinion.) The nathan drake collection was three full games properly remastered for the price of one.

2. Sony doesnt rely on these to bolster a weak library time after time. Sony gets the third party.

3 sony fans dont hype the nathan drake collection like its a major release.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44155 Posts

I’ll definitely be getting Yoshi’s Crafted World. Might get Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn a bit later.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Always enjoyed the yoshi games a nice paced platformer. Not into Kirby in the same way for some reason I've found them too easy at points.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I want both.

People who say kirby is too easy, I wonder if you realize it's really a collectible/exploration game. The higher difficulty lies in getting everything, which is not so easy.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

We still need Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Super Mario Maker.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bread_or_Decide

@DocSanchez said:

Switch is easily in my top five favorite console libraries. And it's not even done yet.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts
@davillain- said:

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn & Yoshi's Crafted World are both interesting titles and I do like unique arts in video games and the fact Nintendo are still one out of the big 3 who are being more creative in games should be appreciated. Not saying I do dislike interactive story driven games but their are times it needs to be lay back and open the doors for more creative games. Nice to see Nintendo still has an open mind.

@Planeforger said:
@Sevenizz said:

The Wonderful 101 is underrated and it didn't do well in terms of sells. It was trying so hard to be Viewtiful Joe knockoff and it didn't pan out. I'm not even expecting Wonderful 101 to ever be ported to Switch and I thought the game itself was lackluster but then again, it's been years since I played it on Wii U. I rather have another Viewtiful Joe game then another knockoff.

I wish I got more into Wonderful 101 but those touch screen controls were absolutely atrocious, it prevented me from getting far into the game. If they port the game over I think I'd much more enjoy it if they ditched the touch controls completely.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bread_or_Decide

@techhog89 said:

This confirms that there will not be a Nintendo Direct this month. Sadly, that also means that this year is starting off even worse than 2018 for Switch. Nintendo wasted momentum again... They desperately need to expand. Another year of droughts and they'll drop consoles sooner than expected.

It's funny to read reactions like this. Talk about exaggeration and hysterical reactions.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DocSanchez

@Bread_or_Decide: is it? Ah well. Once met someone who really loved Larry and Chuck. Dont beat yourself up about it ok?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Kirby's epic yarn is one of my favourite Nintendo games. Lots of fun :).

Avatar image for eyeboonseyebrow
EyeBoonsEyebrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EyeBoonsEyebrow
Member since 2018 • 280 Posts

I guess simple-minded people need games to play too

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bread_or_Decide

@DocSanchez said:

@Bread_or_Decide: is it? Ah well. Once met someone who really loved Larry and Chuck. Dont beat yourself up about it ok?

kk

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

No. Love Nintendo and platformers, but these games are just too simple and boring. Can't speak for Yoshi really, since it's not out, but if the Yoshi game on Wii U is anything to go by, this new one wont be that great either.

They did a cool Yoshi game once called Yoshi's Island. It was both challenging and really fun. They should do that again.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@jaydan said:
@Sevenizz said:

We still need Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Super Mario Maker.

There's also Star Fox Zero that I think should be ported as well. It's very underrated and I really don't want to see Star Fox go the way of F-Zero. If Star Fox Zero can get a Switch port, maybe, maybe there's hope for a brand new Star Fox in the future.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#25 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I'll definitely get these. I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@davillain-: Didn’t that game utilize the WiiU screen in a major way though?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@SolidGame_basic said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-09-yoshis-crafted-world-kirbys-extra-epic-yarn-get-march-release-dates

Are you interested in these games, SW? I have the original Epic Yarn on Wii, which I haven't played. It may be better to play on 3DS. As for Yoshi, I played the previous game, and thought it was really kiddy. I hope this next one comes out better.

This really needs to die. The art style was wool, how on earth is that kiddy? Also, the game was far from easy or simple. 100% completion gave me some rage inducing moments.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

The moral here: When my console of choice does it, all is well but don't dare let me catch the other console(s) doing the same or I'll call a foul.

All of them. Criticize all or none.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Im interested in both! i still play my 2ds XL often so kirbys epic yarn interests me. Many people have said they enjoyed it so i might check it out.

Theres a big chance im going to get yoshi. Nostalgia is hitting me when looking at the game, im getting a yoshi's story vibe, i remeber getting yoshis story and golden eye with my n64 as a kid, i was more stoked for golden eye ( i had already played with friends) but yoshis story ended up taking the cake. Loved that game. as long as its challenging to 100% , ill pick it up for sure. im thinking yoshi and kh3 will get me through the beginning of this year

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
Member since 2019 • 75 Posts

Looks cool