Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@Yams1980 said:

it looks like some post processing effects were completely turned off in the newer version of the game. Must have been removed for a stability issue because it would be in the game still otherwise.

foliage has changed too in the before and after pictures

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@Randoggy: e_volumetricfog 1

You'll notice the difference straight away on anything from medium to ultra especially in weather conditions that create fog.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

@pelvist said:

@Randoggy: e_volumetricfog 1

You'll notice the difference straight away on anything from medium to ultra especially in weather conditions that create fog.

Awesome, thanks.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@scatteh316 Yeah so I was right. Mix of Medium/low settings according to your beloved Digital Foundry.

2:43 consoles generally use PC's medium settings with a few tweaks. Things such as draw distance and FOV are at the lowest. There are other effects missing altogether on consoles.

Source

Didn't need Digital Foundry to tell me that though. It was pretty obvious in the comparison videos already.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@scatteh316 Yeah so I was right. Mix of Medium/low settings according to your beloved Digital Foundry.

2:43 consoles generally use PC's medium settings with a few tweaks. Things such as draw distance and FOV are at the lowest. There are other effects missing altogether on consoles.

Source

Didn't need Digital Foundry to tell me that though. It was pretty obvious in the comparison videos already.

I don't ever recall saying you were wrong or even disputing you.......... But..........OK.....

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By scatteh316

@Juub1990 said:
@scatteh316 said:

My point proven.... Next time read conversations before butting in.

Is that your only defense when being wrong? When did Digital Foundry compare PC to consoles in that game? Only thing they said is that all consoles use the same preset for the most part. Only differences are the resolution and frame rates.

You really should learn to read........ I've been disputing OP claims that consoles are set to low........ And then you chime in out of no where and say they're low/med...... which sides with me............ So... you're a bit of a moron and really need to butt out of peoples discussions as you've made yourself out to be an idiot.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Juub1990

@scatteh316: Take the L and move on.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 scatteh316

@NoodleFighter said:

All the console versions are on par with PCs lowest preset.

Owned noob.... Developers have said they use higher settings.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 scatteh316

@Juub1990 said:

@scatteh316: Take the L and move on.

Still starting shit out of nothing..... Hahahahaha...... read and comprehend peoples debates before butting in next time.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#60  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Seems like GB has fallen to the SJW extremists. Posts of multiple posters were removed that didn't fit their agenda and discussions locked XD

Man, I thought GB were cool but even they are kinda loopy when it comes to these witch hunts on things people say. I guess I shouldn't be super surprised given their relationship with Waypoint.

Are there still discussion forums aside from GS where you can have opinions?

Downing the visuals is not uncommon for games. It's still weird for consumers when it happens. You either work your way up or more often work your way down to a product that we can run on a normal PC.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

Seems like GB has fallen to the SJW extremists. Tons of posts were removed that didn't fit their agenda XD

Man, I thought GB were cool but even they are kinda loopy when it comes to these witch hunts on things people say.

Giantbomb's crew has been garbage for a long time now. Avoid.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#62  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@freedomfreak: It's starting to get annoying. These hate movements are closing down discussion left and right. I have plenty forums in my own language where I can talk to people, but I am running out of English gaming forums.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Guess I was wrong, I started comparing the console versions with the different versions on PC and it seems the only thing that was low on consoles was the draw distance.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By scatteh316

@NoodleFighter said:
@scatteh316 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Guess I was wrong, I started comparing the console versions with the different versions on PC and it seems the only thing that was low on consoles was the draw distance.

My respect for you has just increased.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 NoodleFighter

@scatteh316: Thanks, I know I can come off as a hardcore hermit at times but I try to be fair and unbiased.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Juub1990
@scatteh316 said:

Ironic because you never admit when you're wrong.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 NoodleFighter

@Juub1990: Cmon guys we don't have to fight over this

Anyway a new digital foundry video came out and they talked with the devs and stated that PS4, PS4 Pro and Xbox One version are mostly PC's medium settings with some tweaks. The PC version also has some exclusive graphical features and Ultra settings is said to have been made for future hardware so I guess is meant for cards beyond 1080ti in performance.

Loading Video...

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By scatteh316

@Juub1990 said:
@scatteh316 said:

Ironic because you never admit when you're wrong.

You again..... Try checking my post history and you'll see that once again you're spouting false information and making bogus claims.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Juub1990
@scatteh316 said:

You again..... Try checking my post history and you'll see that once again you're spouting false information and making bogus claims.

Of course I am Mr. I overclock shitty hardware so I know you can overclock a GTX 1080 to make it gain a 30% performance increase lol.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I'm going to chime in on this.

The beta for the PC ran like shit and was unstable. While the CryEngine is very capable, shaders and graphics rendering still is heavily customized by the developer. Given the state of the game now, it's reasonable to assume that they decided to disable graphical effects while also reducing the amount of geometry in scenes to try to increase performance rather than spending time trying to fix up everything.

Also, your GPU isn't as powerful as you think it is. Fully dynamic lighting is extremely expensive. DICE doesn't even bother with Battlefield and Battlefront which gives them a huge performance advantage.

Like most small developers, they were overly eager with their first version of the game. They brought it back to more realistic levels for general performance.

The game still looks very good, so I don't know what the real complaints are.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I'm going to chime in on this.

The beta for the PC ran like shit and was unstable. While the CryEngine is very capable, shaders and graphics rendering still is heavily customized by the developer. Given the state of the game now, it's reasonable to assume that they decided to disable graphical effects while also reducing the amount of geometry in scenes to try to increase performance rather than spending time trying to fix up everything.

Also, your GPU isn't as powerful as you think it is. Fully dynamic lighting is extremely expensive. DICE doesn't even bother with Battlefield and Battlefront which gives them a huge performance advantage.

Like most small developers, they were overly eager with their first version of the game. They brought it back to more realistic levels for general performance.

The game still looks very good, so I don't know what the real complaints are.

It really does.

I'm not complaining about the graphics.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 scatteh316

@Juub1990 said:
@scatteh316 said:

Of course I am Mr. I overclock shitty hardware so I know you can overclock a GTX 1080 to make it gain a 30% performance increase lol.

You do realise at points in time hardware is not classed as 'shitty'..... So another fail attempt by you... which you seem to be pretty good at.