Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the difference between PC and consoles widens

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

They all suffer from something. PC might look good but performance on higher settings is terrible even on beefy cards. Consoles, well I hope the upgraded versions get a patch or something. They don't look too good.

PC: 4K

Xbox One X: 1440p

PS4 Pro: 1080p

The textures appear to be of a much lower resolution on consoles. Understandable for PS4 Pro but there is no reason the X1X shouldn't have the same textures as PC on top settings. A patch might come later for that though. Aside from that the differences are pretty dramatic. That's a compressed youtube video so the quality isn't quite up there but the differences are easily visible still.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Xpotato's "True 4K" strikes again!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

The game is rough around the edges but it looks fine overall to me on the X, more importantly I am actually enjoying the story and played it most of the night. Not worried about a few low res textures. Hopefully gets better later, but its good enough for now for me

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Widens... as does the price!

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Juub1990
@Alucard_Prime said:

The game is rough around the edges but it looks fine overall to me on the X, more importantly I am actually enjoying the story and played it most of the night. Not worried about a few low res textures. Hopefully gets better later, but its good enough for now for me

Heard the game is good and has a great atmosphere but apparently it's a glitchfest. Which is kinda funny because it gets a lot of flack for bugs but Skyrim still manages to get perfect scores.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

It has dated ass graphics so it's clear the dev's being shit.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I'm playing on the Pro and i'm simply loving this game. The story and characters are much better than i expected, the game is super deep and the world is huge and beautiful!

To be honest, this has to be the most impressive world design i have ever experienced! There are simply no invisible walls, you can enter every house, castle, building, door. Nothing is there for no reason. And before you say TES games have been doing that for ages, the difference is that KCD has zero loadings between in and out doors, city walls, etc. Navigation is 100% seamless, which is perfect for fans of exploration like me.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Juub1990

@PAL360: Probably why performance takes a huge hit too. I’ll sit this one out till they fix the performance and glitches.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#9 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

@PAL360 said:

I'm playing on the Pro and i'm simply loving this game. The story and characters are much better than i expected, the game is super deep, the world is simply beautiful, etc.

To be honest, this has to be the most impressive open world design i have ever experienced! There are simply no invisible walls, you can enter every house, building, door. Nothing is there for no reason. And before you say TES games have been doing that for ages, the difference is that KCD has zero loadings between in and out doors, city walls or regions. Navigation is 100% seamless, which is perfect for fans of exploration like me.

That sounds great! I'm excited for this game, I'll definitely buy it, but probably wait until more bugs are sorted out.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I got this today and even though i choose my own graphic option i looked in GeForce experience and wow optimal settings is set so low. I have a 1080gtx I76700k 4.5ghz and optimal setting according to GeForce is 4 up from performance. That's bad.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I watched a couple trailers/videos yesterday after seeing that bumped thread, and only THEN discovered it's a CryEngine game. CE games run like shit on my laptop (Lichdom: Battlemage has issues even on min settings), yet I can max out Doom 2016 on Ultra at 720p with 40-50 fps. Disappointing, but I doubt it looks awful at low settings. I'm still interested in playing it. Not too often a game like this comes along.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@PAL360: someone was posting in the other thread that it was full of load screens - were they just bullshitting to crap on it?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PAL360

@xantufrog said:

@PAL360: someone was posting in the other thread that it was full of load screens - were they just bullshitting to crap on it?

It does have loading screens every time you die, load a game and during some conversations and cutscenes.

I meant when it comes to navigation, though. You can go anywhere, from the middle of a forest to the interior of a church inside a huge walled city without a single loading. You can see interiors through windows, raining outside when you are indoors, etc. To me that adds alot of immersion.

The Witcher 3 already did this seamless navigation very well, but in this game you can explore every building interior, not just a few key ones.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17421 Posts

@PAL360 said:
@xantufrog said:

It does have loading screens every time you die, load a game and during some conversations and cutscenes.

I meant when it comes to navigation, though. You can go anywhere, from the middle of a forest to the interior of a church inside a huge walled city without a single loading. You can see interiors through windows, raining outside when you are indoors, etc. To me that adds alot of immersion.

The Witcher 3 already did this seamless navigation very well, but in this game you can explore every building interior, not just a few key ones.

The load screens for conversations just about disappear when playing on an SSD.

I moved my game over to an SSD in order to improve streaming during exploration (and man does this game reward exploration!) and found out that as a side effect, most of the conversation loads are just a fade to black and conversation starts.

That said, even WITH the performance problems, this game is amazing.

Coming from such a small studio, i can look past the performance and mitigate them by tweaking some control panel settings.

If Bethesda gets a pass, surely a small studio deserves one.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

All that hardware and looks mediocre compared to horizon even on a base PS4.

What i hate about PC, cards are never maxed out.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PAL360

@navyguy21: I agree. An SSD is in my future plans, but one with a good size is so damn expensive!

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Also, too bad it sucked review wise.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@PAL360 said:

@navyguy21: I agree. An SSD is in my future plans, but one with a good size is so damn expensive!

If you are planning on upgrading, you could go with an SSHD. They still hold a 256 mb cache or something like that, and have plenty of headroom for gaming. Although, you do have to load each game in individually so it does have some hiccuping at first.

Game is awesome. Combat can be brutal, though; you really have to master blocking to even stand a chance against some enemies.

Some near max settings shots at 2560 x 1080. I don't have the LoD or foliage distance sliders all the way up; they are a little more than halfway. Everything else is on ultra.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

But according to that other thread if it's not X resolution/60fps it doesn't count. :P

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

Really doesn't look that impressive on any platform. It seems the project was a bit to ambitious for the dev team. Shitty ports on both consoles and its a jank fest on every platform.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Developer can't code.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

@PAL360: Really? Because multiple reviews specifically mention invisible walls in abundance.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

You mean my integrated graphics card pumps out 4k? Amazing.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#24 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts

@Pedro said:

No one cares about your shitty PC.

Hawkeye44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Hawkeye44
Member since 2017 • 237 Posts

Is that suppose to be impressive?

Shit graphics + Bugs + scored worse than flippin Knack

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

Developer can't code.

Or is it that the CryEngine is whack?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pedro

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@Pedro said:

How can it be shitty when this thread specifically stated that the difference between consoles and PC widens and shows 4k as PC resolution.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger

@Pedro said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@Pedro said:

How can it be shitty when this thread specifically stated that the difference between consoles and PC widens and shows 4k as PC resolution.

Cringus Maximus. He also says "consoles", but you're not going to pretend to be stupid enough to assume he means an Atari 2600.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#29 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Doesn't matter when less than 100 people will actually buy the game, lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pedro

@Johnny-n-Roger said:

Cringus Maximus. He also says "consoles", but you're not going to pretend to be stupid enough to assume he means an Atari 2600.

Oh, you no read this section of the OP?

Don't blame me for you not reading or being stupid. :)

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Juub1990
@needhealing said:

Doesn't matter when less than 100 people will actually buy the game, lol.

It topped the steam charts. Seems to be doing fairly well. 5th place with over 60K concurrent players.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger

@Pedro said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:

If the OP goes back and edits the post to say "PC **(and by PC I mean the most obvious context to any reasonable person, not the "potato" that some petty fanboy is going to use for the sake of arguing semantics)

Then you would have no point. That's how robust your position is.

Arguing the definition of a "PC" was probably the first tactic ever employed in this forum. It was as cringe inducing then as it is now.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#33 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

Very minor stuff.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@Pedro said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:

If the OP goes back and edits the post to say "PC **(and by PC I mean the most obvious context to any reasonable person, not the "potato" that some petty fanboy is going to use for the sake of arguing semantics)

Arguing the definition of a "PC" was probably the first tactic ever employed in this forum. It was as cringe inducing then as it is now.

Who is arguing about the definition of PC? Seems like you have a problem with the fact that PCs come in all shapes, sizes and configurations. Don't get triggered because PC offers options. I guess if someone makes a claim that the Xbox runs games in 4K with HDR it would be an accurate statement in your view. :)

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Johnny-n-Roger

@Pedro said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@Pedro said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:

Who is arguing about the definition of PC? Seems like you have a problem with the fact that PCs come in all shapes, sizes and configurations. Don't get triggered because PC offers options. I guess if someone makes a claim that the Xbox runs games in 4K with HDR it would be an accurate statement in your view. :)

I'm not going to wag my finger and say "You said XBOX, not XBOX One X. You lose." You're being petty. Get over it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pedro

@Johnny-n-Roger said:

I'm not going to wag my finger and say "You said XBOX, not XBOX One X. You lose." You're being petty. Get over it.

Last I check you lost it with my simple statement that my integrated graphics card can run games at 4k based on the OP. Seems like you need to get over it, while I continue to game on my "potato" running games at 4k (according to the OP).

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Johnny-n-Roger

@Pedro said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:

Last I check you lost it with my simple statement that my integrated graphics card can run games at 4k based on the OP. Seems like you need to get over it, while I continue to game on my "potato" running games at 4k.

The OP didn't say that. Your failure to apply any sort of reasoning lead you to that understanding. Talk about a clown show.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Jerking off to pixels. Nice.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

so much for that "un compromised" 4k performance

game is still shite tho

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Juub1990: I only encountered 1 big glitch, I fell through the floor.....so I loaded the map screen, and went back to gameplay and it was fine after. Also, one of the voice actors repeated the same line twice in a row in a cutscene, I remember thinking if I had imagined it or maybe it was part of the story(maybe he had a stutter or something)....probably a bug.

But although I only played it a few hours, my initial feel is that it has less glitches than I remember in a game like Fallout LV or Skyrim at launch. So far the game mechanics feel less complex as well, it's more a cinematic game and that is fine, that's what I was looking for.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:

Last I check you lost it with my simple statement that my integrated graphics card can run games at 4k based on the OP. Seems like you need to get over it, while I continue to game on my "potato" running games at 4k (according to the OP).

Bringing up potato or budget PC's is deflection unless the OP specifically mentions them or it's a pricing thread. Just like the reviews and analysis of the sites we use do. The OP is correct to state this is better on PC, as is Digital Foundry in over 95% of their comparisons.

Your argument would only hold weight if the thread specifically discussed budget PCs or pricing, in which case we recently had one of those and a budget PC did beat out the X1X. Take your posts there.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 m3Boarder32
Member since 2002 • 9526 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

so much for that "un compromised" 4k performance

game is still shite tho

Well according to PC Gamers it’s compromised on a GTX 1080 Ti too

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zaryia

@boycie said:

Widens... as does the price!

Yes, you typically pay more for the superior product. This practice has been common in human culture for several centuries.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:

You've just run out of ammo these days huh?

Solid 2/10

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I watched a couple trailers/videos yesterday after seeing that bumped thread, and only THEN discovered it's a CryEngine game. CE games run like shit on my laptop (Lichdom: Battlemage has issues even on min settings), yet I can max out Doom 2016 on Ultra at 720p with 40-50 fps. Disappointing, but I doubt it looks awful at low settings. I'm still interested in playing it. Not too often a game like this comes along.

what are your laptop specs?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#46 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@freedomfreak said:

Developer can't code.

Or is it that the CryEngine is whack?

probably a bit of both

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pedro

@Johnny-n-Roger said:

The OP didn't say that. Your failure to apply any sort of reasoning lead you to that understanding. Talk about a clown show.

I have a PC and according to the OP, PC runs at 4k and better than consoles. :)

@zaryia said:

Bringing up potato or budget PC's is deflection unless the OP specifically mentions them or it's a pricing thread. Just like the reviews and analysis of the sites we use do. The OP is correct to state this is better on PC, as is Digital Foundry in over 95% of their comparisons.

Your argument would only hold weight if the thread specifically discussed budget PCs or pricing, in which case we recently had one of those and a budget PC did beat out the X1X. Take your posts there.

With PC not having a standard configuration the inclusion of the specs should be standard practice. Stating just PC is exceptionally vague and relays no useful information. :)

@MBirdy88 said:

You've just run out of ammo these days huh?

Solid 2/10

I can say the same about this response. I look forward to your "I must reply to Pedro because his words hurts me" response.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zaryia

@Pedro said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:

I have a PC and according to the OP, PC runs at 4k and better than consoles. :)

@zaryia said:

With PC not having a standard configuration the inclusion of the specs should be standard practice. Stating just PC is exceptionally vague and relays no useful information. :)

This is a gaming forum, we discuss gaming PCs. Rarely ever is a budget or potato PC the standard. Much like in many game reviews.

This game, like a significant majority of video games, is better played on PC.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Juub1990

You guys keep feeding Pedro. You deserve to be trolled by him.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@Juub1990 said:

You guys keep feeding Pedro. You deserve to be trolled by him.