Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6863 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

@silentchief: I'm not really in the mood for arguing, specially not when it comes to fighting games which I've been playing them all my life ... I'm just going to say that SF flopped hard after SFII and it only recovered with SFIV which it was the last chance for the franchise. That's not really an opinion but how it went. Of course, KOF also flopped with XI and XII and it recovered with XIII, but yeah ... The times when SNK was playing catching up are really far behind ... Like mid 90s probably, and again ... Not an opinion.

When was KOF ever bigger then SF? Even in the dark days of SF3 it was still a larger franchise and SFV despite its rough beginning is still far ahead of any of SNK's recent fighters. I've been playing fighting games since the early 90's it's one of my favorite genres. You can have your opinion and that's fine but criticality and commercially KOF has never been close to SF.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Meh, sales, scores, who cares. Not sure how that makes it a "poor mans SF" anyways. KoF is a great fighting series and it does its own thing.

By the sales metric, guess SF is no longer hot shit either. All hail Smash Bros followed by Mortal Kombat. 🎉

Most of the best fighting games aren't selling big numbers. Has nothing to do with their quality. Really poor argument to make against any game, especially in a genre where the more "core" the appeal is, the more likely it is to be niche.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Silentchief

@ConanTheStoner said:

Meh, sales, scores, who cares. Not sure how that makes it a "poor mans SF" anyways. KoF is a great fighting series and it does its own thing.

By the sales metric, guess SF is no longer hot shit either. All hail Smash Bros followed by Mortal Kombat. 🎉

Most of the best fighting games aren't selling big numbers. Has nothing to do with their quality. Really poor argument to make against any game, especially in a genre where the more "core" the appeal is, the more likely it is to be niche.

I use critical and commercial stats because those are facts. There are tons of reasons why I think SF is a far superior series. Better visuals, better mechanics, far better Esports support ( which increases longevity and online support). Better characters.. I can go on and on.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@silentchief said:

I use critical and commercial stats because those are facts.

Sales are objective, yes. Doesn't speak to the quality of a game though. Just how popular it is. That's more of a read on mass appeal and successful marketing.

Scores, nah. Just a bunch of peoples opinions. Even if every single fighting game review was done by professional fighting game players, scores would still be subjective (even if said opinions are well informed). Thing is, we don't even get that. Most reviewers have a casual understanding of the genre at best. Essentially they write up a buyers guide. Content, features, modes, with a surface level blurb on mechanics and systems. Throw a number on it.

If you're just going for the SW merry go round here, pretending those metrics reflect a games quality, have at it. That's just not how it really works.

Question. Do you personally think Smash and Mortal Kombat are better than Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Tekken, etc.?

According to your metrics, the answer should be yes.

@silentchief said:

Better visuals, better mechanics, far better Esports support ( which increases longevity and online support). Better characters.. I can go on and on.

Aside from Esports support, all subjective, even if I'm inclined to agree. SF is my favorite fighting series after all and SFV is by far my most played game this gen. Still just opinions though.

Would love to read your breakdown on how the mechanics and systems of SFV are greater than KoF14.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Silentchief

@ConanTheStoner:

Question. Do you personally think Smash and Mortal Kombat are better than Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Tekken, etc.?

No I don't. Although I love Smash it's not really a fighting game it's more of a party brawler but as you mentioned earlier gaming media is pretty clueless. As far as MK I love it it's a fun game but mechanically it's inferior to SF or Guilty gear. Most Nethearealm games MK/ Injustice are a beautiful spectacle with terrible character balance issues. But I still enjoy them.

Would love to read your breakdown on how the mechanics and systems of SFV are greater than KoF14.

Ill be honest speaking of Kof 14 I barely played it as what I played instantly turned me off. Visually it was on par with a low tier PS3 game. Not only technically did it look bad but artistically as well. The characters felt so slow and sluggish as well. And although slower more deliberate combat is not bad(Samurai showdown) it just didn't feel good to me.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@louixiii said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Blizzard says "hello" after late 2019. Who, like I said, have been blacklisted by many gamers after what they did to a pro-Hearthstone player for supporting the Hong Kong protests.

Thank you for supporting my point lol Blizzard, a questionable company, was supported for years on end and still is but people who love their software don't care. The difference here is it's not SNK themselves, it's one of their shareholders that you have a problem with but the actual developers are merely trying to bring forth great content where as with Blizzard, their actual company got involved to screw that guy for voicing his beliefs which was wrong. 2 different scenarios

Um, that is a lie. Blizzard "die hards" didn't even defend their antics in Hong Kong. And even on more separate and minor issues, they ain't defending them now after the recent botch job of Warcraft III AND with how Activision offed Vicarious Visions (who redeemed Crash and Tony Hawk Pro Skater) and absorbed them into Blizzard... because that was smart... NOT!

Those shareholders are linked with the company now. So pardon me if I'm not comfortable with SNK (or even Activision, Take 2, and EA for that matter) being linked with the man who murdered a Saudi-American journalist. Bad enough with the WWE...

You still don't get it. It doesn't matter which company you do business with, they all have shady shareholders man. You may not be aware of how shady people are because they are good with hiding it but this is the real world. Most of the people in charge of all of these companies are crooks...bottom line. Papa John, one of the biggest racist on the DL was exposed recently but guess what...people still buy their pizza. Why? Because it's good f***ing pizza lol

Just imagine all of the bad people you've supported not knowing it and guess what...that won't change. If that's the case, give up your whole game collection because guess what...NINTENDO are crooked too.

https://www.futuregamereleases.com/2020/12/leak-nintendo-stalks-intimidates-and-tries-to-hire-homebrew-developers/

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/nintendo-leak-reveals-extreme-measures-taken-to-track-hackers

And look at you...NintendoBoy, supporting a company that infringes on the rights of others lol

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#57 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@louixiii said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Um, that is a lie. Blizzard "die hards" didn't even defend their antics in Hong Kong. And even on more separate and minor issues, they ain't defending them now after the recent botch job of Warcraft III AND with how Activision offed Vicarious Visions (who redeemed Crash and Tony Hawk Pro Skater) and absorbed them into Blizzard... because that was smart... NOT!

Those shareholders are linked with the company now. So pardon me if I'm not comfortable with SNK (or even Activision, Take 2, and EA for that matter) being linked with the man who murdered a Saudi-American journalist. Bad enough with the WWE...

You still don't get it. It doesn't matter which company you do business with, they all have shady shareholders man. You may not be aware of how shady people are because they are good with hiding it but this is the real world. Most of the people in charge of all of these companies are crooks...bottom line. Papa John, one of the biggest racist on the DL was exposed recently but guess what...people still buy their pizza. Why? Because it's good f***ing pizza lol

Just imagine all of the bad people you've supported not knowing it and guess what...that won't change. If that's the case, give up your whole game collection because guess what...NINTENDO are crooked too.

https://www.futuregamereleases.com/2020/12/leak-nintendo-stalks-intimidates-and-tries-to-hire-homebrew-developers/

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/nintendo-leak-reveals-extreme-measures-taken-to-track-hackers

And look at you...NintendoBoy, supporting a company that infringes on the rights of others lol

Whose to say I support all of Nintendo's business practices? Obviously I'm a fan of their games and hardware, but when it gets exposed that Nintendo's investors are from something like the CCP (thank god their current deal with Tencent doesn't count as that... but still, why they bother with China, I don't know...) or the Saudi Prince, hell, even the Trump family (even though the former US president is anti-video game), then we'll talk. No denying everyone has scumbag investors behind their backs. Hell, Nintendo at one point had the support of the freaking Yakuza the same way Disney did the Italian Mafia, but that hasn't happened in a LONG while (keep it that way, though it didn't stop conspiracy theorists believing Yamauchi ordered a hit on Yokoi when he was killed in an accident).

Also when that info leaked, EVERYONE on the internet was on Nintendo's ass already by that point (mainly over FreeMelee, but that movement lost ALL credibility VERY quickly) and even before then, they appeared to have fallen back on it (as the leaks have said). That's not saying it doesn't suck.

Besides, the majority of my physical game collection is USED anyway! And if new, it's usually a deal or a price drop, so they don't make THAT much money out of me.

Also Papa John's hasn't been involved with his own chain in a while. And his Pizza? Tastes like cardboard with very oily sauce. And I never buy from there, sometimes people at my work do though.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ConanTheStoner
@louixiii said:

PSN: born_hero_III

Yooo, still on the Nioh 2 binger, but probably gonna get back to SFV after that.

Did log in today to add you though. I'm on PC, tried to search for "born_hero_III", but no fighter ID by that name came up. Guessing your CFN name is different from your PSN name?

Let me know your Fighter ID if you get a chance. Send it to me in DM if you'd rather do that.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LouiXIII

@ConanTheStoner said:
@louixiii said:

PSN: born_hero_III

Yooo, still on the Nioh 2 binger, but probably gonna get back to SFV after that.

Did log in today to add you though. I'm on PC, tried to search for "born_hero_III", but no fighter ID by that name came up. Guessing your CFN name is different from your PSN name?

Let me know your Fighter ID if you get a chance. Send it to me in DM if you'd rather do that.

CFN is LouiXIII bro ;)

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LouiXIII
@nintendoboy16 said:
@louixiii said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Whose to say I support all of Nintendo's business practices? Obviously I'm a fan of their games and hardware, but when it gets exposed that Nintendo's investors are from something like the CCP (thank god their current deal with Tencent doesn't count as that... but still, why they bother with China, I don't know...) or the Saudi Prince, hell, even the Trump family (even though the former US president is anti-video game), then we'll talk. No denying everyone has scumbag investors behind their backs. Hell, Nintendo at one point had the support of the freaking Yakuza the same way Disney did the Italian Mafia, but that hasn't happened in a LONG while (keep it that way, though it didn't stop conspiracy theorists believing Yamauchi ordered a hit on Yokoi when he was killed in an accident).

Also when that info leaked, EVERYONE on the internet was on Nintendo's ass already by that point (mainly over FreeMelee, but that movement lost ALL credibility VERY quickly) and even before then, they appeared to have fallen back on it (as the leaks have said). That's not saying it doesn't suck.

Besides, the majority of my physical game collection is USED anyway! And if new, it's usually a deal or a price drop, so they don't make THAT much money out of me.

Also Papa John's hasn't been involved with his own chain in a while. And his Pizza? Tastes like cardboard with very oily sauce. And I never buy from there, sometimes people at my work do though.

But that's what I mean. They're all scum bro and we support them with every purchase. We are consumers and we buy content. We're the cows. As long as we're fed, most people don't give a shit. Matter of fact, if you wouldn't have found out about that Saudi investor, we wouldn't be having this conversation. But just because he committed a evil act doesn't mean the others don't. I'm an American but do you know how many people we've tortured and killed from other countries? To them, we're the bad guys. Just saying, don't let patriotism blind to the facts...they're all crooked and out for power.

As for Papa John, his name is big as day bro. Plus he still gets a check so yeah...just saying his name involves him lol But regardless, they have some gooooood pizza. I like their thin crust pepperoni more than anything but that's neither here or there...they're all shady. Don't be fooled my friend. This comment comes from a place of love. If we're going to evolve, we have to think bigger and see things for what they are. BTW, I love Nintendo too...those crooked bastards lol They had me since Mario and Duck Hunt :D

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38855 Posts

All this fighting games talk is frying my brain 😭

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ConanTheStoner
@louixiii said:

CFN is LouiXIII bro ;)

Cool man, request sent. You'll uhhh... know the name when you see it. 😂

Probably be down for some matches next weekend if you're around.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LouiXIII

@hardwenzen said:

All this fighting games talk is frying my brain 😭

Good! I want to burn that pea to a crisp xD

Join us!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#64 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@louixiii said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

But that's what I mean. They're all scum bro and we support them with every purchase. We are consumers and we buy content. We're the cows. As long as we're fed, most people don't give a shit. Matter of fact, if you wouldn't have found out about that Saudi investor, we wouldn't be having this conversation. But just because he committed a evil act doesn't mean the others don't. I'm an American but do you know how many people we've tortured and killed from other countries? To them, we're the bad guys. Just saying, don't let patriotism blind to the facts...they're all crooked and out for power.

As for Papa John, his name is big as day bro. Plus he still gets a check so yeah...just saying his name involves him lol But regardless, they have some gooooood pizza. I like their thin crust pepperoni more than anything but that's neither here or there...they're all shady. Don't be fooled my friend. This comment comes from a place of love. If we're going to evolve, we have to think bigger and see things for what they are. BTW, I love Nintendo too...those crooked bastards lol They had me since Mario and Duck Hunt :D

Just saying, lines EVENTUALLY have to be drawn somewhere, though I'll admit, Activision thwarted my plans on that a bit (I want Crash Bandicoot 4 on Switch).

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@louixiii: Just sent you a friend's request, I won't give the whole name out here but it starts with "JT". :)

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Dumb question for SFV fans, what's the latest DLC or add on for SFV? PSN is currently having a sale on a lot of SF stuff but I'm not sure what to pick up to get the last batch of characters?

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LouiXIII

@nintendoboy16 said:
@louixiii said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Just saying, lines EVENTUALLY have to be drawn somewhere, though I'll admit, Activision thwarted my plans on that a bit (I want Crash Bandicoot 4 on Switch).

They'll be fools if they don't make a Switch port of Crash 4. It's coming. They like money lol

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 LouiXIII
@ConanTheStoner said:
@louixiii said:

CFN is LouiXIII bro ;)

That sounds good bro. I'll try to make myself available. I recently hopped back on Tekken and was whooping ass but took a little break from that due to my work schedule but I really want to get back into that and SF. I used to be a fighting game fanatic.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LouiXIII
@vfighter said:

Dumb question for SFV fans, what's the latest DLC or add on for SFV? PSN is currently having a sale on a lot of SF stuff but I'm not sure what to pick up to get the last batch of characters?

The latest character added was Dan but I think they have a package where you can get all seasons for one price (even though they're technically charging double if you paid $60 to begin with).

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#70 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'm huge into Street Fighter. It's almost all I play. I just recently got a second copy of SFV on my new PC and reached Ultra plat in a couple of days. Those winstreak bonuses speed things up so much. I can't wait for the v shift and balance update this Monday!

I wish more people played Samurai Shodown. I adore that game as well.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#71 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

This looks really good imo. I wonder if they will add Vanessa or Lin back in this one. Those were two of my favorite characters back in the day.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LouiXIII

@vfighter: Just got the request bro.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LouiXIII

@ConanTheStoner said:
@louixiii said:

CFN is LouiXIII bro ;)

I didn't get a friend request from you bro. it's born_hero_III it's 3 i's

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ConanTheStoner
@louixiii said:

Yeah, that's why I needed your CFN. You're on PS, I'm on PC.

Added you in SFV directly. From the main menu just check your CFN tab > pending CFN request is on the left.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ConanTheStoner

@louixiii:

Random, but do you play GG at all? Strive beta was pretty slick, gonna be on that when it drops.

Netcode is

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LouiXIII

@ConanTheStoner said:
@louixiii said:

Yeah, that's why I needed your CFN. You're on PS, I'm on PC.

Added you in SFV directly. From the main menu just check your CFN tab > pending CFN request is on the left.

Ohok. That makes sense. And I haven't been into GG since the OG PS release lol I tried it and I don't like the weight of the characters. I'll play SF and Tekken all day though lol