King Dedede returns for Smash 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Source: ONM

Revealed by Sakurai in celebration of Kirby: Triple Deluxe's release in Japan.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Yes !
Time to swallow bitches up and jump into the abyss.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nintendoboy16

@Desmonic said:

I still fail to see how returning characters on various games are news worthy :P I think it would be far more news worthy to see which(if any) won't make it/don't get announced and try to figure out the various reasons for that (since it could mean anything from fixing balacing issues to the devs simply feeling that character didn't fit anymore).

Which can go for ANY fighting game that has returning characters? Might as well not have talked about classic Mortal Kombat characters when they returned for MK9.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

They should announce something exciting.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Desmonic said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Desmonic said:

I still fail to see how returning characters on various games are news worthy :P I think it would be far more news worthy to see which(if any) won't make it/don't get announced and try to figure out the various reasons for that (since it could mean anything from fixing balacing issues to the devs simply feeling that character didn't fit anymore).

Which can go for ANY fighting game that has returning characters? Might as well not have talked about classic Mortal Kombat characters when they returned for MK9.

Different case. MK9 was a essentially a reboot (though I don't think they labeled it as one). SSB4 is not. Either way, the bigger "classic" characters were a given.

Like I said, a piece of news saying that character would NOT return (for whatever reason) would be far more interesting. Likewise an entire new character like the Wii Fit instructor, Village guy from Animal Crossing and whatnot. Returning characters, especially when they haven't suffered any fundamental change are just boring to discuss :P

We already know everything about them from the get go. It's more fan service (which in itself isn't bad, nor do I blame the devs for doing this) than anything else.

I'm not attacking you or your thread, just how the gaming media makes a big deal of returning characters when in fact non-returning ones can tells us far more about the game.

But again, other fighting games have done the same thing by announcing familiar characters in new games along the road. It's an ironic complaint.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendoboy16

@Desmonic said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Desmonic said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Desmonic said:

Different case. MK9 was a essentially a reboot (though I don't think they labeled it as one). SSB4 is not. Either way, the bigger "classic" characters were a given.

Like I said, a piece of news saying that character would NOT return (for whatever reason) would be far more interesting. Likewise an entire new character like the Wii Fit instructor, Village guy from Animal Crossing and whatnot. Returning characters, especially when they haven't suffered any fundamental change are just boring to discuss :P

We already know everything about them from the get go. It's more fan service (which in itself isn't bad, nor do I blame the devs for doing this) than anything else.

I'm not attacking you or your thread, just how the gaming media makes a big deal of returning characters when in fact non-returning ones can tells us far more about the game.

But again, other fighting games have done the same thing by announcing familiar characters in new games along the road. It's an ironic complaint.

And again, my response has been to this reaction in general by the media, not specific to this game within the genre. Unless I can't make that even more obvious lol

*looks at previous quote again and facepalms*

No wonder Quorothon hates my ass. Sorry...

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#10 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I think this is actually news worthy because there was some speculation that Dedede (along with Meta Knight) would be cut. I'm starting to think they're not going to cut anyone with the exception of clones.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#11 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

This is exciting.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By freedomfreak  Online

@princessgomez92 said:

@freedomfreak said:

This is exciting.

I am blown away.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@princessgomez92 said:

@freedomfreak said:

This is exciting.

I am blown away.

Such a cow.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
@princessgomez92 said:

Such a cow.

I'm a sheep at heart.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I just find completely moronic the fact PSASBR was bashed left and right for the huge amount of "non-iconic" characters and then Smash does the same and no one talks about that... Seriously, take the huge Mario cast (including Bowser, Princess peach and Luigi), Link, Pikachu, Kirby and Samus Aran and the full cast of Smash is simply composed of filler characters. PSASBR had Nathan Drake, Dante (its still Dante, like it or not), Sackboy, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Kratos, Parappa, Big Daddy, etc, etc... Sure they arent as iconic as Mario but if you ask me its cast its more varied than smash that uses a vast number off characters from the same franchise (in this case Mario). The fact most characters from PSASBR are Hack'n'Slash based characters made its combat more fun for me aswell. Seriosuly, PSASBR is probably the most underrated fighting game this gen and only got bashed from critics for "looking too much like Smash" like if Smash can be the only game within its genre... If you like Smash, you'll like PSASBR.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

In other big news, Mario will be wearing red. We need a new thread on that. It's such big news.