Kinect Sports Rivals: Digital(game) vs. Reality(real life)

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Can wait to play against other online people or with friends. Great party game.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

If all of the games play as well as the demo currently available on the X1 then I will be picking this up shortly after release. I was extremely impressed with the motion controls and found it far more immersive than similar experiences on the Wii. Fun really is the best description for this title. Hours of family fun ahead with this one.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Imagine how fun it would be with a CONTROLLER.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FreedomFreeLife

@always_explicit said:

If all of the games play as well as the demo currently available on the X1 then I will be picking this up shortly after release. I was extremely impressed with the motion controls and found it far more immersive than similar experiences on the Wii. Fun really is the best description for this title. Hours of family fun ahead with this one.

Yeah. Demo is very old and it works so well. Newer and full game will impress more. I loved Wii Sports and play with friends but Kinect Sports Rivals seems to be better.

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Um what? It would be not fun. If it was with controller then what was the point of game? Then it would be another boring sport game...

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheTruthIsREAL

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Um what? It would be not fun. If it was with controller then what was the point of game? Then it would be another boring sport game...

ok, I guess tilting side to side and swinging at air is very fun to you

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 always_explicit

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Describing movements while ignoring the context is a stupid way to make a stupid point.. Twidling your thumbs and pressing buttons doesnt sound like much fun, but controlling a game via a control pad using those actions can be fun.

In the same way tilting side to side and swinging at air can be fun, using those actions in context to play a game.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL

@always_explicit said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Describing movements while ignoring the context is a stupid way to make a stupid point.. Twidling your thumbs and pressing buttons doesnt sound like much fun, but controlling a game via a control pad using those actions ca What n be fun.

In the same way tilting side to side and swinging at air can be fun, using those actions in context to play a game.

Oh? But I can get a better experience out of a controller. Lets be serious. What can kinect do in an FPS game? Look at BF4. Not very much. Like in that trailer, with the speed boats, it's nothing more than playing a Temple Run rip off with your body except there's a goal, and you're in water. Kinect only games takes away much more away than they bring to the table.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 always_explicit

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@always_explicit said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Describing movements while ignoring the context is a stupid way to make a stupid point.. Twidling your thumbs and pressing buttons doesnt sound like much fun, but controlling a game via a control pad using those actions ca What n be fun.

Oh? But I can get a better experience out of a controller. Lets be serious. What can kinect do in an FPS game? Look at BF4. Not very much. Like in that trailer, with the speed boats, it's nothing more than playing a Temple Run rip off with your body except there's a goal, and you're in water. Kinect only games takes away much more away than they bring to the table.

This isnt a kinect FPS game though is it. This is a sports game with full body motion control. So in context is brings an awful lot more than a controller to the table because it actually offers more immersion. Its incredibly easy to give reasons why something will not work. What about the potential.

Kinect only games are not causing controller based games to drop from the market are they? You still have your traditional controller based FPS so why deny the potential for a family orientated motion controlled sports game...just because YOU think it isnt valuable. Your argument consists of " I dont like it, it wont work, it adds nothing". I disagree, I dont think its fair to write the kinect off without playing a game designed from the ground up to be played with it. Thats just me.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheTruthIsREAL

@always_explicit said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

This isnt a kinect FPS game though is it. This is a sports game with full body motion control. So in context is brings an awful lot more than a controller to the table because it actually offers more immersion. Its incredibly easy to give reasons why something will not work. What about the potential.

Kinect only games are not causing controller based games to drop from the market are they? You still have your traditional controller based FPS so why deny the potential for a family orientated motion controlled sports game...just because YOU think it isnt valuable. Your argument consists of " I dont like it, it wont work, it adds nothing". I disagree, I dont think its fair to write the kinect off without playing a game designed from the ground up to be played with it. Thats just me.

When did I? And if you're into casual gimmick experiences, then oh well, thats you. This is not even being taken seriously by anyone here. Not gonna waste my time with you.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

The motion controls are spot on but the game is boring as heck.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#11 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I can wait too.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

I guess you hate touch screen phone mobiles then. (BY YOUR LOGIC)

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 always_explicit

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@always_explicit said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

When did I? And if you're into casual gimmick experiences, then oh well, thats you. This is not even being taken seriously by anyone here. Not gonna waste my time with you.

Why would I care if its been taken seriously, Its a gaming forum, the majority of users are less interested in family orientated motion controlled sports games. Its not exactly a genre I am willing to create a hype thread over either...but its a solid looking title. You denied its potential by calling it a temple run rip off...except in water...and with goals. So really its nothing like temple run at all. Not to mention the other sports available to play.

A gimmick is something that doesnt enhance the experience, yet you are in a topic about a game designed from the ground up to work with kinect. Its the primary input for this game. That makes about as much sense as me calling the 360 remote a gimmick. If you dont like kinect then thats fair enough but this game seems to offer a solid experience and is one of the few family friendly titles available on next gen consoles, so despite "not even being taken seriously". Dont be surprised to see it sell. It refreshing to see something that isnt COD and Batllefield.

I do however appreciate your realization you are wasting my time. I tend to reply upon a series of well thought out arguments and responses and enjoy debating video games. Its not something you appear capable of doing.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

I guess you hate touch screen phone mobiles then. (BY YOUR LOGIC)

touch screen smart phones actually work as expected. Can you the same for Kinect without lying? LOL

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I'm skeptical about the appeal to the core gamer, however on the other hand I feel that motorboat racing looks spectacular and very fun. And climbing as well - especially when you can push the opponents down...I think this will be the best party game around, but because it doesn't have that much of a contest. I'd definetly get this game at some point, though, to have a fun with wifey and friends occasionally.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Awesome looking game, saw the video they put out on the marketplace recently .....getting this day 1

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

story of my life. c'mon nintendo.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

ok seriously. just admit you are the onlive guy with a new job and account.

make a fucking sticky or something so we don't have to see a new topic about you praising another NOT game from the formerly great company known as Rare.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By always_explicit

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I'm skeptical about the appeal to the core gamer, however on the other hand I feel that motorboat racing looks spectacular and very fun. And climbing as well - especially when you can push the opponents down...I think this will be the best party game around, but because it doesn't have that much of a contest. I'd definetly get this game at some point, though, to have a fun with wifey and friends occasionally.

I really dont think this has that core gamer appeal. The only thing that will hurt this game is the fact that it is early in the gen...most earlier adopters are core gamers and are unlikely to flock in their millions to buy this. That being said, there are slim pickings on next gen consoles when it comes to family friendly and party games to its definitely something I will be picking up for me the wife and kids. Perhaps there are more gamers like us that we anticipate!

I assume there will be a bundle also...no doubt that will shift some units. I really get the impression the kinect 2.0 is what the OG kinect SHOULD have been.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheTruthIsREAL

@always_explicit said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Why would I care if its been taken seriously, Its a gaming forum, the majority of users are less interested in family orientated motion controlled sports games. Its not exactly a genre I am willing to create a hype thread over either...but its a solid looking title. You denied its potential by calling it a temple run rip off...except in water...and with goals. So really its nothing like temple run at all. Not to mention the other sports available to play.

A gimmick is something that doesnt enhance the experience, yet you are in a topic about a game designed from the ground up to work with kinect. Its the primary input for this game. That makes about as much sense as me calling the 360 remote a gimmick. If you dont like kinect then thats fair enough but this game seems to offer a solid experience and is one of the few family friendly titles available on next gen consoles, so despite "not even being taken seriously". Dont be surprised to see it sell. It refreshing to see something that isnt COD and Batllefield.

I do however appreciate your realization you are wasting my time. I tend to reply upon a series of well thought out arguments and responses and enjoy debating video games. Its not something you appear capable of doing.

Sure it's not, whatever you say. xD The kinect is indeed a gimmick. It's just like the old Kinect, it's just like the Move controller, it's just like the Wii-Mote. It's a fad that Microsoft is trying to make standard.. forcing people to buy the Kinect if they want the console. Paired with VR, it could actually enhance the experience but it's nothing but a kinda-works device. The Xbox One dashboard was built ground up for the Kinect it seems but it's a hassle. The Kinect is not 100% reliable as you have to repeat your self many times.

If this game is good, more power to them, but this will not be revolutionary as some are making it out to be.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

It's really pretty amazing that Microsoft was willing to bet the farm on the Wii motion control fad. It definitely hasn't paid off so far.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

$500 to play kinect games, sounds like a good deal

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FreedomFreeLife

@Dire_Weasel said:

It's really pretty amazing that Microsoft was willing to bet the farm on the Wii motion control fad. It definitely hasn't paid off so far.

Look how much Wii sold.

Why not have hardcore, casual and party games all in 1 console?
Sony gamers hate party games, i love party games. Why not play with friends, use skills to win? or against online players.

You don´t own console, so you don´t have right to say anything. I bet if it was on PS4 then Sony fanboys would say: "See, another great exclusive game is coming on PS4"

But because its not coming, then you have no other choice than just say that its sucks...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Look how much Wii sold.

Sony gamers hate party games, i love party games. Why not play with friends, use skills to win? or against online players.

You don´t own console, so you don´t have right to say anything. I bet if it was on PS4 then Sony fanboys would say: "See, another great exclusive game is coming on PS4"

But because its not coming, then you have no other choice than just say that its sucks...

Look how much the Wii U is selling

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Look how much Wii sold.

lol, like you have friends

Well the problem is they kind of forgot those "hardcore" or even just "core" games

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

I think for kinect's sake it better land on its feet running and perform leagues better than Fighter Within or else 'lol'.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

A digital version of the person playing? Impressive. Although, If they had a guy with an afro and sunglasses in there I would then KNOW they got that tech upgraded.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@always_explicit said:

Agreed. I played the demo recently with some family and I was impressed by the responsiveness. It was very smooth and accurate. A lot of fun racing against someone.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Amazed at how well the kinect scans you into the game, looks much better than I thought.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cainetao11

@DaBrainz said:

Did you play it alone?

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dire_Weasel

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Look how much Wii sold.

Did I say "its sucks"? Slow your roll, fanboy.

Motion control was definitely a big thing last generation, when the Wii became the best-selling console. Judging by how well the Wii U is selling this generation, it was definitely a fad.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@DaBrainz said:

Did you play it alone?

Naw I played with my wife and kids. We played a few rounds of the wave racing demo and then never looked at it again.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cainetao11

@DaBrainz said:

@cainetao11 said:

@DaBrainz said:

Did you play it alone?

Naw I played with my wife and kids. We played a few rounds of the wave racing demo and then never looked at it again.

Fair enough. I played with my nephew, brother, and father. I had a great time jostling with my brother, and then watching my 72 year old father act like a kid with his 7 year old grand son. I think gamers sometimes don't see there is a place for this kind of gaming in this industry. I wont be focusing on it by any means, but I'll pick this up for the afternoon fun with family.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Not for me, but good luck to this who want this.

It is kind of funny to hear some saying "if it controls as well as hat commercial..." Has a Kinect game Ever played as well as the commercial makes it look? Isn't that the reason so many people soured on the concept as a game controller years ago?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@santoron said:

Not for me, but good luck to this who want this.

It is kind of funny to hear some saying "if it controls as well as hat commercial..." Has a Kinect game Ever played as well as the commercial makes it look? Isn't that the reason so many people soured on the concept as a game controller years ago?

No. Imagine if they advertised the real experience? Holy advertising disaster.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FreedomFreeLife

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Look how much Wii sold.

Look how much the Wii U is selling

Wii U has no motion games that Wii had. You have to buy other stuff... Wii came with motion gaming. Wii U has just gamepad which is not THAT MOTION GAMING that people wanted.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FreedomFreeLife

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Look how much Wii sold.

Well the problem is they kind of forgot those "hardcore" or even just "core" games

forgot those hardcore games?

Right now Xbox One has more and better hardcore games.

Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare and Peggle 2

versus

Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack and InFamous Second Son.

All Xbox One games supports online, but PS4 has only Killzone game that supports online and all other games does not support online.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MonsieurX

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Look how much Wii sold.

Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare and Peggle 2

versus

All Xbox One games supports online, but PS4 has only Killzone game that supports online and all other games does not support online.

I lol'd

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Look how much Wii sold.

versus

...did you just list Peggle and PvZ as hardcore, not to mention Titanfall which is fun but not really "hardcore" in terms of shooter

also, really Ryse? The QTE 4.0 game

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dire_Weasel

@FreedomFreeLife said:

... Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare and Peggle 2

I think your idea of "hardcore" and my idea of "hardcore" are radically different.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Great party game upcoming and I can see Kinect Sports Rivals getting a 7-8 review score from gamespot.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

lemmings need this after 200h titancrap they get verry fat

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MonsieurX

@lglz1337 said:

lemmings need this after 200h titancrap they get verry fat

lol,someone's still angry over Titanfall's score

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lglz1337

@MonsieurX: overhyped score ? yes! angry ? No!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MonsieurX

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: overhyped score ? yes! angry ? No!

Totally angry that it outscored Infamous

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lglz1337

@MonsieurX: uhm no i having a blast only on ps4 :))

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MonsieurX

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: uhm no i having a blast only on ps4 :))

but the overhype score!!

jeffmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jeffmonster
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

I'm all for ANYTHING that gets fat ass slobs up and moving around. Hopefully more kinect titles are on the way. I want a dedicated fitness game - Xbox fitness is cool - but a true fitness game would be better.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

He we go again, hardcore crap.

If its a game you like why does it have to be hardcore.

Xbox One does have more Hardcore games as you couldn't call Knack hardcore.