Killzone: Shadowfall PAX Prime mp Gameplay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to GameSpot's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

#1 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

I'm not a big fan of posting from other sites but it seems worthy if it's true. From NeoGAF. Take it for what you will.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665749

Map: Mall Gametype: Warzone Round 1: Capture and Hold Round 2: Kills

I'll get the big one out of the way: the framerate is highly variable right now. I'd estimate the range was 20 to 60 depending on where in the map I was and what kind of action was happening. Most of the time it seemed to stay at 30. There's severe aliasing issues and horrible dithering on all foliage. Worse than Witcher 2 shadow dithering.
The game itself was very fun, though a bit more fast paced than I expected. Kill time is still fairly long but it's kind of run and gun. I was a bit thrown off by the controls since it now uses the triggers.

The DS4 feels amazing. It's got this really tight grip feeling that I've never felt in another controller. My headphones were kinda quiet so I couldn't really judge the sound. I'm not a big fan of posting from other sites but it seems worthy if it's true. From NeoGAF.

#2 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

It couldn't possibly be an early build or something.

#3 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

PhazonBlazer
I though it would be better to hear from an actual gamer and not some website editor playing with Sony's or MS money in his pocket. Of course the build is not final but that doesn't stop cows for finding flaws in other X1 builds.
#4 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

I'm not a big fan of posting from other sites but it seems worthy if it's true. From NeoGAF. Take it for what you will.

I'll get the big one out of the way: the framerate is highly variable right now. I'd estimate the range was 20 to 60 depending on where in the map I was and what kind of action was happening. Most of the time it seemed to stay at 30. There's severe aliasing issues and horrible dithering on all foliage. Worse than Witcher 2 shadow dithering.
The game itself was very fun, though a bit more fast paced than I expected. Kill time is still fairly long but it's kind of run and gun. I was a bit thrown off by the controls since it now uses the triggers.

The DS4 feels amazing. It's got this really tight grip feeling that I've never felt in another controller. My headphones were kinda quiet so I couldn't really judge the sound. I'm not a big fan of posting from other sites but it seems worthy if it's true. From NeoGAF.

FoxbatAlpha

I'd just like to point out that this isn't the first time we've heard that. I remember people saying that the fps only really stayed at 60fps when they were looking up at the sky in the game. I would expect that it's simply kinks that need to be worked out before the game ships. 

#5 Posted by EXLINK (5719 posts) -

I would've been surprised if the launch games didn't suffer from some sort of frame rate issues during development and this goes for both systems.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#6 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

GG saying that the MP is 60fps to me doesn't sound like it's locked down at that. Sounds more like it can get up to 60 fps but during hectic scenes it can tank

Also you should have "Impressions" or something in the title. It sounds like there is a video to watch when there isn't

#7 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

GG saying that the MP is 60fps to me doesn't sound like it's locked down at that. Sounds more like it can get up to 60 fps but during hectic scenes it can tank

Also you should have "Impressions" or something in the title. It sounds like there is a video to watch when there isn't

seanmcloughlin
sorry for the impressions foul up. I def agree it wont be locked at 60fps but if it is dipping down into the 20s then I don't think that is something that will be worked out in two months, unless a miracle happens.
#8 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

FoxbatAlpha

sorry for the impressions foul up. I def agree it wont be locked at 60fps but if it is dipping down into the 20s then I don't think that is something that will be worked out in two months, unless a miracle happens.

I think a LOT of kinks will be fixed by launch but it won't be a completely locked down 60fps MP game. Doesn't sound like it will be anyway, which would be disappointing cos that's what I was thinking of. I'd much rather have it locked at 30 than bouncing from 30 to 60

#9 Posted by kalipekona (2491 posts) -

FoxbatAlpha

Guerrilla did say it was a "soft 60fps". Well, that's a very soft 60fps indeed. Personally I would prefer a solid 30fps over a wildly swinging framerate. 

#10 Posted by Tessellation (9003 posts) -
TBDCHBO :cool:
#11 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (4044 posts) -

Sounds like it was overhyped by the cows, probably gonna have a horrible framerate come launch, but this is the fault of the PS4, not the dev.

You get what you pay for, underpowered console compared to PCs.

This is why BF4 is probably choosing to stay around 720p at medium settings.

#12 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
I must be the only one who thinks that the game would look and run better if they would get rid of all those stupid glare effects, tone down on the motion blur and bloom.
#13 Posted by Heil68 (57710 posts) -
Whatever will I do? Oh I know!  Better strap one on TC, Greatness Awaits, Sony. PS4 awwwww yeahhhhhh
#14 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -
I must be the only one who thinks that the game would look and run better if they would get rid of all those stupid glare effects, tone down on the motion blur and bloom.percech
Those effects are modern day smoke and mirrors.
#15 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"]Whatever will I do? Oh I know!  Better strap one on TC, Greatness Awaits, Sony. PS4 awwwww yeahhhhhh

oh im ready, shit storm ah comin. AWWWWWEEEEE Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhh back at ya!
#16 Posted by MonsieurX (36752 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"]Whatever will I do? Oh I know!  Better strap one on TC, Greatness Awaits, Sony. PS4 awwwww yeahhhhhh

Didn't you cancel your pre-orders?
#17 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (4044 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Heil68"]Whatever will I do? Oh I know!  Better strap one on TC, Greatness Awaits, Sony. PS4 awwwww yeahhhhhh

Didn't you cancel your pre-orders?

Probably panics everytime MS does a 180 and Sony does nothing, and cries about "cancelling" typical cow behavior.
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
#18 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (6789 posts) -

SMH no video :(

#19 Posted by Wasdie (53466 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

FoxbatAlpha

I though it would be better to hear from an actual gamer and not some website editor playing with Sony's or MS money in his pocket. Of course the build is not final but that doesn't stop cows for finding flaws in other X1 builds.

It's probably a build they've been demoing for awhile. A stable build that doesn't crash. Could be months old. Better to show off something you know works than have the demo crash halfway through.

#20 Posted by mitu123 (155185 posts) -

It'll probably improve by launch but I don't expect it to be 60FPS all the time.

#21 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

It'll probably improve by launch but I don't expect it to be 60FPS all the time.

mitu123
I think there is gonna be a lawsuit here. The tell me "Greatness awaits" and give me 60fps when I look at the sky? Haha. I'm just fooling.
#22 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

Whatever will I do? Oh I know!  Better strap one on TC, Greatness Awaits, Sony. PS4 awwwww yeahhhhhhHeil68

Killzone 4?!

Heil be pulling some strings with Sony.

#23 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Whatever will I do? Oh I know!  Better strap one on TC, Greatness Awaits, Sony. PS4 awwwww yeahhhhhhPhazonBlazer

Killzone 4?!

Heil be pulling some strings with Sony.

Will you fix Goku's damn face? What the hell is going on with that? I asked you before and you put a damn surgical mask on. And your one buddy on here has Vegeta all fu7ked up. haha! Good times.
#24 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1134 posts) -

The DS4 feels amazing. It's got this really tight grip feeling that I've never felt in another controller.

FoxbatAlpha

Jim-Carey_Excited.gif

#25 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"]

The DS4 feels amazing. It's got this really tight grip feeling that I've never felt in another controller.

UnbiasedPoster

Jim-Carey_Excited.gif

now that there's funny right there.
#26 Posted by kalipekona (2491 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwyRteGpPI&list=UU35SdZxdPf6-AbC4RVrzHiw#t=187

Here's a gameplay video from PAX Prime. 

#27 Posted by PSP107 (16678 posts) -
generic
#28 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

kalipekona

The gameplay for this looks so damn boring. No wonder people are only hyping the visuals. 

#29 Posted by millerlight89 (18658 posts) -

kalipekona
Thnx for that. It looks freaking gorgeous and fun.
#30 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

"embeded"

Looks like a glossier and higher rez Perfect Dark Zero MP imo.

#31 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -
Videos like this are why PC gamers think controllers are so horrendous for FPS games, USER ERROR...AND EPIC FAILNESS.
#32 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (4044 posts) -

Looks awful, such a generic shooter, nothing about these videos makes it jump to me like a huge franchise like Halo/Half-Life, ect

the whole franchise screams "been there, done that"

#33 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

That's terrible if true.

#34 Posted by Kiro0 (1176 posts) -

Really doubt GG would be dumb enough to let the release version's framerate vary so wildly. If it's really that bad I imagine they'll at worst work it out to not go lower than 30 or higher at minimum. Glad to hear the actual gameplay is getting praise, after 3 I was kind of worried about that. They got so many things right with 2 that going to 3 afterwards was just painful.

#35 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (4044 posts) -

Really doubt GG would be dumb enough to let the release version's framerate vary so wildly. If it's really that bad I imagine they'll at worst work it out to not go lower than 30 or higher at minimum. Glad to hear the actual gameplay is getting praise, after 3 I was kind of worried about that. They got so many things right with 2 that going to 3 afterwards was just painful.

Kiro0
While I agree, I hear stories from KZ3 and it's horrendous framerate in Multiplayer, can anyone confirm that?
#36 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

seanmcloughlin

The gameplay for this looks so damn boring. No wonder people are only hyping the visuals. 

Yep, in the mean time titanfall is getting more and more praise.

#37 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

GD1551

Think I'm finally going to pre-order this.  My only hesitance is that it may conflict with my Destiny time but it looks too promising to pass on.

#38 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (4044 posts) -

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Spartan070

Think I'm finally going to pre-order this.  My only hesitance is that it may conflict with my Destiny time but it looks too promising to pass on.

I'm gonna pre order it on PC, i hope it comes out at the same time as the Xbox 360/Xbox one version. Titanfall in 1080p/1440p is gonna be amazing.

#39 Posted by Raziel831991 (631 posts) -

They could have shown an old build which might be the reason why the framerate was unstable. Obviously I could be wrong

#40 Posted by Epak_ (9607 posts) -

Whatever will I do? Oh I know!  Better strap one on TC, Greatness Awaits, Sony. PS4 awwwww yeahhhhhhHeil68

Teh jealous. :cry:

#41 Posted by Raziel831991 (631 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

GD1551

lol No traditional single player mode makes that game shit by default. Its completly disgusting how so fps developers forget how important a SP mode is for a videogame

#42 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Raziel831991

lol No traditional single player mode makes that game shit by default. Its completly disgusting how so fps developers forget how important a SP mode is for a videogame

Um what? Why does it need a SP mode again? Did people have issues with BF2 not having one?

#43 Posted by Raziel831991 (631 posts) -

[QUOTE="Raziel831991"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

Um what? Why does it need a SP mode again? Did people have issues with BF2 not having one?

I personally do think its an issue. A shooter without a SP mode an incomplete game to me.

#44 Posted by raging_user (467 posts) -

kalipekona

Jesus **** christ

shake-head.gif