Killzone: Shadow Fall most impressive graphics so far?

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

Seeing the gameplay trailer again, i can't think of another game that is as impressive in terms of graphics as Killzone: Shadow Fall. It's the most beautiful game i've ever seen! So much is happening on screen, so many real world details are occuring real time. Is this really the power of the PS4? I couldn't be more excited for it!

What do you think?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
no
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

617948e7-3d2b-4178-9a59-3ff735e73767.jpg

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Maybe Watch Dogs. Only time will tell.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

So much is happening on screen, so many real world details are occuring real time.

SonyNintendoFan
I think you're concentrating too much on the pretty and well rendered backdrop outside of the tightly scripted and confined play area.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
Yea so far I think it's the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Crysis 3 is the most technically impressive and the only game that competes with KZ:SF but GG has better artists than Crytek and it shows. KZ:SF Vekta City reminds me of an epic scifi movie city like the one in Blade Runner. I hear GG wants to make more vibrant worlds with a lot of NPCs. I'm really looking forward to exploring the world they'll create this time without RAM limitations of the previous gen.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I got to say when i first saw the video for the game it just didnt look like a killzone game at all.. at first i thought i was looking at a Final Fantasy game because of how colorful it was

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

On the PS4, I'd say yes unless the Deep Down demo was actually gameplay.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

it surprises me that they can't even manage to make kzsf look on par with a current gen game let alone surpass it. :(

[spoiler]

cCWtWpA.jpg

[/spoiler]

SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SonyNintendoFan
Yea so far I think it's the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Crysis 3 is the most technically impressive and the only game that competes with KZ:SF but GG has better artists than Crytek and it shows. KZ:SF Vekta City reminds me of an epic scifi movie city like the one in Blade Runner. I hear GG wants to make more vibrant worlds with a lot of NPCs. I'm really looking forward to exploring the world they'll create this time without RAM limitations of the previous gen.I_can_haz
I also hope we see an increase in open world games. I personally can't wait to see what Bethesda puts out on PS4 with these capabilities. Next gen has me so excited!
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SonyNintendoFan

it surprises me that they can't even manage to make kzsf look on par with a current gen game let alone surpass it. :(

[spoiler]

cCWtWpA.jpg

[/spoiler]

KarateeeChop
The first comparison is a bullshot, and the second comparison looks like it was taken through a webcam and zoomed in on. What were you hoping to accomplish by this?
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 I_can_haz
[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]Yea so far I think it's the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Crysis 3 is the most technically impressive and the only game that competes with KZ:SF but GG has better artists than Crytek and it shows. KZ:SF Vekta City reminds me of an epic scifi movie city like the one in Blade Runner. I hear GG wants to make more vibrant worlds with a lot of NPCs. I'm really looking forward to exploring the world they'll create this time without RAM limitations of the previous gen.SonyNintendoFan
I also hope we see an increase in open world games. I personally can't wait to see what Bethesda puts out on PS4 with these capabilities. Next gen has me so excited!

:P Next gen RPGs will be mindblowing, I can't wait!
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 I_can_haz

[spoiler]

cCWtWpA.jpg

[/spoiler]

KarateeeChop
You fail. Comparing direct feed Crysis 3 PC screens to a compressed video on youtube? :lol: Is this how desperate lems have become?
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
From what I've seen, it looks great but on a technical level, crysis 3 looks better.
zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Yea so far I think it's the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Crysis 3 is the most technically impressive and the only game that competes with KZ:SF but GG has better artists than Crytek and it shows. KZ:SF Vekta City reminds me of an epic scifi movie city like the one in Blade Runner. I hear GG wants to make more vibrant worlds with a lot of NPCs. I'm really looking forward to exploring the world they'll create this time without RAM limitations of the previous gen.I_can_haz

:lol:

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zeeshanhaider

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[spoiler]

cCWtWpA.jpg

[/spoiler]

SonyNintendoFan

The first comparison is a bullshot, and the second comparison looks like it was taken through a webcam and zoomed in on. What were you hoping to accomplish by this?

Poor poor cows! Never seen a PC game in their life.:(

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]Yea so far I think it's the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Crysis 3 is the most technically impressive and the only game that competes with KZ:SF but GG has better artists than Crytek and it shows. KZ:SF Vekta City reminds me of an epic scifi movie city like the one in Blade Runner. I hear GG wants to make more vibrant worlds with a lot of NPCs. I'm really looking forward to exploring the world they'll create this time without RAM limitations of the previous gen.zeeshanhaider

:? What's so funny? KZ games have better art style than anything Crytek has ever come up with. There's a lot more imagination in GG art style. You may not like the dark gritty look of KZ games but there's no arguing that its more original than Crysis artstyle. Crysis is trying to go for a photorealistic look while KZ goes for the scifi look you'd find in an 80s scifi movie like Aliens or Terminator.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 skrat_01
:? What's so funny? KZ games have better art style than anything Crytek has ever come up with.I_can_haz
Certainly, but Crytek actually design far more interesting ways to interact with their worlds regardless of rendering quality, while GG has stuck to the run-of-the-mill shooter template that anyone with an understanding of the genre knows backwards. I'd rather be in real-town doing a variety of things then rail-roaded on an artists portfolio piece (which isn't to say that doesn't have its place).
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]Yea so far I think it's the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Crysis 3 is the most technically impressive and the only game that competes with KZ:SF but GG has better artists than Crytek and it shows. KZ:SF Vekta City reminds me of an epic scifi movie city like the one in Blade Runner. I hear GG wants to make more vibrant worlds with a lot of NPCs. I'm really looking forward to exploring the world they'll create this time without RAM limitations of the previous gen.I_can_haz

:? What's so funny? KZ games have better art style than anything Crytek has ever come up with. There's a lot more imagination in GG art style. You may not like the dark gritty look of KZ games but there's no arguing that its more original than Crysis artstyle. Crysis is trying to go for a photorealistic look while KZ goes for the scifi look you'd find in an 80s scifi movie like Aliens or Terminator.

Yeah, this is so realistic. 

crysis32013022403563015.png

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zeeshanhaider

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]Yea so far I think it's the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Crysis 3 is the most technically impressive and the only game that competes with KZ:SF but GG has better artists than Crytek and it shows. KZ:SF Vekta City reminds me of an epic scifi movie city like the one in Blade Runner. I hear GG wants to make more vibrant worlds with a lot of NPCs. I'm really looking forward to exploring the world they'll create this time without RAM limitations of the previous gen.I_can_haz

Yup, the hellish look of maps in Shellshock was so great.

Two colors Dark and Gray with heavy blur KZ2 corridors sure rocks.

KZ3 same as KZ3 with an additional color of white for ice.

In KZSF looks like they heard there are more colors than what they were using before. Good.

Have you played Crysis? The lush greenry to Islands to mountains to underground caves to zero gravity environments to all turning to snow etc Yeah Crytek have bad artists. Or what abour Far Cry?

Sure Crysis 2 sucks, so does Crysis 3 but Crysis 3's art direction is way above anything I have seen before, at least none I can think of right now. Not an easy thing to bland the jungle and the city.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]

skrat_01

Yea, you're gonna nullify my point with one screenshot. :roll: Oh my, look at that artstyle!!! Kids these days :lol:
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[spoiler]

cCWtWpA.jpg

[/spoiler]

SonyNintendoFan

I agree it's an unfair comparison, but that Crysis 3 screenshot isn't a bullshot. I've got the game on PC and I run it maxed out with my two GTX 670s and the character models look every bit as good as that screenshot.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

zeeshanhaider

In KZSF looks like they heard there are more colors than what they were using before. Good.

Have you played Crysis? The lush greenry to Islands to mountains to underground caves to zero gravity environments to all turning to snow etc Yeah Crytek have bad artists. Or what abour Far Cry?

Sure Crysis 2 sucks, so does Crysis 3 but Crysis 3's art direction is way above anything I have seen before, at least none I can think of right now. Not an easy thing to bland the jungle and the city.

I own all the Crysis games on PC and PS3 so save me the boring ass lecture. KZ has better artstyle. :cool: DEAL WITH IT.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PernicioEnigma
[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

Crytek only went for a photo-realistic art style in the first Crysis. Crysis 3 is stylized to look more cinematic.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 I_can_haz

PernicioEnigma

Crytek only went for a photo-realistic art style in the first Crysis. Crysis 3 is stylized to look more cinematic.

Yea it looks more cinematic now but KZ:SF still has a better art style. I do commend what Crytek did with Crysis 3, the level of detail is insane in that game but I just have to give GG their props too. They have better artists IMO.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zeeshanhaider

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]:? What's so funny? KZ games have better art style than anything Crytek has ever come up with. There's a lot more imagination in GG art style. You may not like the dark gritty look of KZ games but there's no arguing that its more original than Crysis artstyle. Crysis is trying to go for a photorealistic look while KZ goes for the scifi look you'd find in an 80s scifi movie like Aliens or Terminator.I_can_haz

I own all the Crysis games on PC and PS3 so save me the boring ass lecture. KZ has better artstyle. :cool: DEAL WITH IT.

Crytek kicks GG's a$$ both technically and artistically. DEAL WITH IT.:cool:

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PernicioEnigma
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"]:? What's so funny? KZ games have better art style than anything Crytek has ever come up with. There's a lot more imagination in GG art style. You may not like the dark gritty look of KZ games but there's no arguing that its more original than Crysis artstyle. Crysis is trying to go for a photorealistic look while KZ goes for the scifi look you'd find in an 80s scifi movie like Aliens or Terminator.I_can_haz
Yea it looks more cinematic now but KZ:SF still has a better art style. I do commend what Crytek did with Crysis 3, the level of detail is insane in that game but I just have to give GG their props too. They have better artists IMO. Crytek only went for a photo-realistic art style in the first Crysis. Crysis 3 is stylized to look more cinematic.

Cool bro, but why should I, or anyone else here on SW, care about your preference for art style? I was only correcting you in my original post. I do not want to enter the pointless argument of which game has the better art style.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 I_can_haz

zeeshanhaider

Crytek kicks GG's a$$ both technically and artistically. DEAL WITH IT.:cool:

:roll: Copypasting my post. Try to come up with something more original next time. Oh and like I said earlier you're just gonna have to...  :cool: GG has better artists.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]Yea it looks more cinematic now but KZ:SF still has a better art style. I do commend what Crytek did with Crysis 3, the level of detail is insane in that game but I just have to give GG their props too. They have better artists IMO. Crytek only went for a photo-realistic art style in the first Crysis. Crysis 3 is stylized to look more cinematic.PernicioEnigma

Cool bro, but why should I, or anyone else here on SW, care about your preference for art style? I was only correcting you in my original post. I do not want to enter the pointless argument of which game has the better art style.

I wasn't talking to you so it's not like I wanted you to care about my opinions. :cool: You're the one who cares about my opinions since you bothered to reply to the post I was making to someone else and the OP.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"]:? What's so funny? KZ games have better art style than anything Crytek has ever come up with. There's a lot more imagination in GG art style. You may not like the dark gritty look of KZ games but there's no arguing that its more original than Crysis artstyle. Crysis is trying to go for a photorealistic look while KZ goes for the scifi look you'd find in an 80s scifi movie like Aliens or Terminator.I_can_haz

Yea, you're gonna nullify my point with one screenshot. :roll: Oh my, look at that artstyle!!! Kids these days :lol:

Prove that Killzone has a better art style then.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PernicioEnigma

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"]I_can_haz

I wasn't talking to you so it's not like I wanted you to care about my opinions. :cool: You're the one who cares about my opinions since you bothered to reply to the post I was making to someone else and the OP.

I was correcting your bull sh*t actually. You're welcome.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

DragonfireXZ95

I could just post only screens of the Helghast alone and I'd easily prove my point....     ^ ^ I've never seen a more iconic looking group of bad guys. :cool: Dat artstyle in bad guys alone!

Then there's the atmosphere of KZ2 brought on by the great artstyle (which they kinda failed in KZ3)

^ ^ Dat grittiness in the image and lack of color. :cool: Makes Helghan really look like hell.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 skrat_01

DragonfireXZ95
Going to be a tosser and throw in my two cents. It's far more consistent then Crytek's utilitarian military tech hodge podged against urban decay, jungle overgrowth and angular alien design; in terms of tone, pallet and visual definition. You grab any Helghast baddie or vehicle and from a silhouette I can distinguish what it is, what role it serves. In Crysis, aside from the obvious, not at all; everything is pretty hodge podge, which well, fits with its art direction. Not to say it doesn't look stunning - the Crysis games can, and a lot of the stuff looks great, but Killzone largely has a far stronger visual direction - which is honestly one of its, if not its largest selling point.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]Yea, you're gonna nullify my point with one screenshot. :roll: Oh my, look at that artstyle!!! Kids these days :lol:I_can_haz

I could just post only screens of the Helghast and I'd easily prove my point....  ^ ^ Dat grittiness in the image and lack of color. :cool: Makes Helghan really look like hell.

It's all concept shots. Where are the gameplay shots?

And how is this a better art style? Explain.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

skrat_01

Going to be a tosser and throw in my two cents. It's far more consistent then Crytek's utilitarian military tech hodge podged against urban decay, jungle overgrowth and angular alien design; in terms of tone, pallet and visual definition. You grab any Helghast baddie or vehicle and from a silhouette I can distinguish what it is, what role it serves. In Crysis, aside from the obvious, not at all; everything is pretty hodge podge, which well, fits with its art direction. Not to say it doesn't look stunning - the Crysis games can, and a lot of the stuff looks great, but Killzone largely has a far stronger visual direction - which is honestly one of its, if not its largest selling point.

You weren't supposed to help him, damn it. lol Now he's just going to quote you and say, "this."

However, that's all preference. It doesn't matter what anyone really thinks, because art style is so subjective to the preserved audience.

I'm simply trying to prove that this little thread is absolutely worthless.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

skrat_01

Thanks for helping me with that. It's too late in the night for me to start typing essays as to why KZ has better artstyle. :cool: You summed up everything I was gonna say and even more.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

I_can_haz

Thanks for helping me with that. It's too late in the night for me to start typing essays as to why KZ has better artstyle. ;cool: You summed up everything I was gonna say and even more.

See. What did I tell ya?
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 I_can_haz
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Going to be a tosser and throw in my two cents. It's far more consistent then Crytek's utilitarian military tech hodge podged against urban decay, jungle overgrowth and angular alien design; in terms of tone, pallet and visual definition. You grab any Helghast baddie or vehicle and from a silhouette I can distinguish what it is, what role it serves. In Crysis, aside from the obvious, not at all; everything is pretty hodge podge, which well, fits with its art direction. Not to say it doesn't look stunning - the Crysis games can, and a lot of the stuff looks great, but Killzone largely has a far stronger visual direction - which is honestly one of its, if not its largest selling point.

Thanks for helping me with that. It's too late in the night for me to start typing essays as to why KZ has better artstyle. ;cool: You summed up everything I was gonna say and even more.

See. What did I tell ya?

:cool:
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"]Thanks for helping me with that. It's too late in the night for me to start typing essays as to why KZ has better artstyle. ;cool: You summed up everything I was gonna say and even more.I_can_haz
See. What did I tell ya?

Yeah, so upset. :roll: Apparently you missed my other post. Art style doesn't matter. I don't give a sh!t what you prefer, just like you don't give a sh!t what I prefer. So you're wasting your time.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] See. What did I tell ya?DragonfireXZ95

Yeah, so upset. :roll: Apparently you missed my other post. Art style doesn't matter. I don't give a sh!t what you prefer, just like you don't give a sh!t what I prefer. So you're wasting your time.

:lol: Whatever you say. My work here is done. :P Goodnight Systemwars!

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DragonfireXZ95

:lol: Whatever you say. My work here is done. :P Goodnight Systemwars! .I_can_haz

butthurt.png

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
There is no such thing as a fact which has better art style since it all boils down to personal choice. Textures, resolution, animation, ect can be proven to be better but not art.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]:lol: Whatever you say. My work here is done. :P Goodnight Systemwars! .DragonfireXZ95

butthurt.png

:P
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Mods really needs to start IP banning these millions of Sony fanboy alts.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
kiillzone shadow fall its epic i cant wait for PS4 launch
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 skrat_01

You weren't supposed to help him, damn it. lol Now he's just going to quote you and say, "this."

However, that's all preference. It doesn't matter what anyone really thinks, because art style is so subjective to the preserved audience.

I'm simply trying to prove that this little thread is absolutely worthless.

DragonfireXZ95
See. What did I tell ya?DragonfireXZ95
Hahahaha, I did say I was going to be a tosser ;) I think it's a mix of preference and what is honestly a stronger aesthetic direction and vision; Killzone has is as far as I'm concerned, but I certainly don't disagree with your point that the thread is well, dumb.

Thanks for helping me with that. It's too late in the night for me to start typing essays as to why KZ has better artstyle. :cool: You summed up everything I was gonna say and even more.

I_can_haz
No problemo, always happy to find a reason to start verbally spewing in a thread ;)
SDC_4_LIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SDC_4_LIFE
Member since 2013 • 164 Posts

Enjoy the spoils, soldier.... bask in it!  We have another full generation of all out graphics superiority coming our way.

This is what domination feels like, bub.

nextgenjoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nextgenjoke
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMtyyqoMd4Y

People are getting fooled by the pretty looking background from 00:00 to 00:50 seconds in the video, but you can see upclose closer inspection the background actually wouldnt be very detailed upclose.

everything after 1:00 is gameplay graphics lol and crysis 3 still look better.

nextgenjoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nextgenjoke
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

this still looks good lol.

Avatar image for crippledmachine
crippledmachine

Forum Posts