Killzone Looks better then GEoW 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

acekall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 acekall
Member since 2003 • 3676 Posts
imo, but some of the textures needs work. But my biggest problem with KZ2 is the AI. I've seen most vids and the AI looks retarded, they just stand there doin nothing. After almost 4 years of development Guerrilla must have come up with some good ai wouldnt you think. Some may is its a work-in-progress game, but i've seen countless of w.i.p. games with better ai than KZ2. I seriously hope they boost the enemy AI.
ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts
KZ2's lighting and animation is second to none. Textures look incredible too.
Conjuredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Conjuredevil
Member since 2004 • 1409 Posts

imo, but some of the textures needs work. But my biggest problem with KZ2 is the AI. I've seen most vids and the AI looks retarded, they just stand there doin nothing. After almost 4 years of development Guerrilla must have come up with some good ai wouldnt you think. Some may is its a work-in-progress game, but i've seen countless of w.i.p. games with better ai than KZ2. I seriously hope they boost the enemy AI.acekall

Killzone 2 Developer - "A.I Was Toned Down Quite A Lot"

http://www.n4g.com/tech/News-172489.aspx

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts

[QUOTE="acekall"]imo, but some of the textures needs work. But my biggest problem with KZ2 is the AI. I've seen most vids and the AI looks retarded, they just stand there doin nothing. After almost 4 years of development Guerrilla must have come up with some good ai wouldnt you think. Some may is its a work-in-progress game, but i've seen countless of w.i.p. games with better ai than KZ2. I seriously hope they boost the enemy AI.Conjuredevil

That's for the Demo they showed us -_- Wow...

Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Dante865
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts

acekall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 acekall
[QUOTE="Conjuredevil"]

[QUOTE="acekall"]imo, but some of the textures needs work. But my biggest problem with KZ2 is the AI. I've seen most vids and the AI looks retarded, they just stand there doin nothing. After almost 4 years of development Guerrilla must have come up with some good ai wouldnt you think. Some may is its a work-in-progress game, but i've seen countless of w.i.p. games with better ai than KZ2. I seriously hope they boost the enemy AI.ChrnoTrigger

instead of toning down the AI they could've been playing in god-mode like most gamedevs do for a presentation. It gives people better impressions of the game instead of retarded ai.

Conjuredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Conjuredevil
Member since 2004 • 1409 Posts
[QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"][QUOTE="Conjuredevil"]

[QUOTE="acekall"]imo, but some of the textures needs work. But my biggest problem with KZ2 is the AI. I've seen most vids and the AI looks retarded, they just stand there doin nothing. After almost 4 years of development Guerrilla must have come up with some good ai wouldnt you think. Some may is its a work-in-progress game, but i've seen countless of w.i.p. games with better ai than KZ2. I seriously hope they boost the enemy AI.acekall

instead of toning down the AI they could've been playing in god-mode like most gamedevs do for a presentation. It gives people better impressions of the game instead of retarded ai.

could be an excuse too

IgorVitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IgorVitaly
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts

Done and done...

IgorVitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IgorVitaly

And its obvious Gears 2 looks better...

mustaf_nur89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mustaf_nur89
Member since 2003 • 658 Posts
It does, but there will be alot of people that disagree with you.
MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
It does, but there will be alot of people that disagree with you.mustaf_nur89

Well is common sense opinions arent facts,and people have the rights to desagree with OPINIONS.
readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts
I don't think there is much to seperate the two games.
ALTAIR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ALTAIR360
Member since 2006 • 1408 Posts
It does, but there will be alot of people that disagree with you.mustaf_nur89
skyform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14 skyform
Member since 2005 • 1522 Posts
[QUOTE="acekall"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"][QUOTE="Conjuredevil"]

[QUOTE="acekall"]imo, but some of the textures needs work. But my biggest problem with KZ2 is the AI. I've seen most vids and the AI looks retarded, they just stand there doin nothing. After almost 4 years of development Guerrilla must have come up with some good ai wouldnt you think. Some may is its a work-in-progress game, but i've seen countless of w.i.p. games with better ai than KZ2. I seriously hope they boost the enemy AI.Conjuredevil

could be an excuse too

I think it's an excuse, i don't even know what do people see in this game, so far i have seen nothing special or new, just the fps cover.

I find Resistance 2 way more impressive and excited then KZ2, so far what i have seen from KZ2 im not buying it, it looks like a generic fps with a similar crapy aim as the first one while Resistance 2 has an amazing art and atmosphere, stunning boss fights and battles.

Watch this video, this is far more epic then KZ2

http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/resistance2/videos/8101

mustaf_nur89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mustaf_nur89

[QUOTE="mustaf_nur89"]It does, but there will be alot of people that disagree with you.MojondeVACA

Well is common sense opinions arent facts,and people have the rights to desagree with OPINIONS.

What i really meant was, there will be alot of biased opinions.

Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dante865

I don't think there is much to seperate the two games. readingfc_1

Tru dat brudda

I personally think Killzone 2 has slightly better lighting, but Gears 2 looks awesome when you turn on the Flamethrower, watch there faces

The-Big-Easy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The-Big-Easy
Member since 2008 • 435 Posts

IgorVitaly, if you're going to use gifs, don't use them against KZ2 :P

Sorry KZ2 always will have the best gifs :)

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MojondeVACA

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"][QUOTE="mustaf_nur89"]It does, but there will be alot of people that disagree with you.mustaf_nur89

What i really meant was, there willbe alot of biased opinions.

You will get a lot from both sides.
mustaf_nur89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mustaf_nur89
[QUOTE="mustaf_nur89"]

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"][QUOTE="mustaf_nur89"]It does, but there will be alot of people that disagree with you.MojondeVACA

What i really meant was, there willbe alot of biased opinions.

You will get a lot from both sides.

Exactly :|

IgorVitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IgorVitaly

Nice KZ2 gifs, they clearly shows Gears 2 looks better, eve nlighting wise and effect wise!

mustaf_nur89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mustaf_nur89

Nice KZ2 gifs, they clearly shows Gears 2 looks better, eve nlighting wise and effect wise!IgorVitaly

I always thought the dim lighting is for the whole feel of the scene, seeing as the game is set on a planet called helghast, and not Earth like Gears.

doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts

i dont understand why people just cant accept that they both look great and move on

IgorVitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IgorVitaly

Nice KZ2 gifs, they clearly shows Gears 2 looks better, eve nlighting wise and effect wise!

IgorVitaly

And OMG at the KZ2 overbloom, I thought that was a last-gen thing.

IgorVitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IgorVitaly

[QUOTE="IgorVitaly"]Nice KZ2 gifs, they clearly shows Gears 2 looks better, eve nlighting wise and effect wise!mustaf_nur89

I always thought the dim lighting is for the whole feel of the scene, seeing as the game is set on a planet called helghast, and not Earth like Gears.

Doesnt mather, the Gears 2 lighting is more intense in a realistic way aswell as revealing the surrounding details.

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MojondeVACA

[QUOTE="IgorVitaly"]Nice KZ2 gifs, they clearly shows Gears 2 looks better, eve nlighting wise and effect wise!mustaf_nur89

The planet name in the gears universe is Planet Sera.. n i dont know why the nazis from other planet need to have own world.. they still look like normal humans.
mustaf_nur89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mustaf_nur89
[QUOTE="mustaf_nur89"]

[QUOTE="IgorVitaly"]Nice KZ2 gifs, they clearly shows Gears 2 looks better, eve nlighting wise and effect wise!IgorVitaly

Doesnt mather, the Gears 2 lighting is more intense in a realistic way aswell as revealing the surrounding details.

Well if we're down to minor lighting differences, lets just leave it at both games have great graphics. :|

IgorVitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IgorVitaly
[QUOTE="IgorVitaly"][QUOTE="mustaf_nur89"]

Well if we're down to minor lighting differences, lets just leave it at both games have great graphics. :|

They do look good both of them.... well not in all areas but they are for consoles. Though there is nothing making KZ2 excel infront of Gears 2... if anything its the reverse!

mustaf_nur89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mustaf_nur89
[QUOTE="mustaf_nur89"][QUOTE="IgorVitaly"][QUOTE="mustaf_nur89"]

[QUOTE="IgorVitaly"]Nice KZ2 gifs, they clearly shows Gears 2 looks better, eve nlighting wise and effect wise!IgorVitaly

They do look good both of them.... well not in all areas but they are for consoles. Though there is nothing making KZ2 excel infront of Gears 2... if anything its the reverse!

:P ok if u say so

TriggerheartEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TriggerheartEx
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts

Dude take off your fanboy goggles, it's not even in the same plane of existence as Gears 2 FACT.

TPS's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPS's

FACT

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
They both look great! The difference is GeOW is a classic and the first Killzone was horrible, I never understand why this is not brought up more?
Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dante865

They both look great! The difference is GeOW is a classic and the first Killzone was horrible, I never understand why this is not brought up more?Khansoul

True, this is why im hesitant to buy Killzone 2, i may as well find a copy of the first game before i play KZ2 i wouldnt know wtf is going on otherwise

mustaf_nur89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mustaf_nur89

Dude take off your fanboy goggles, it's not even in the same plane of existence as Gears 2 FACT.

FACT

TriggerheartEx

lul what? i think u still got your goggles on :|

TriggerheartEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TriggerheartEx
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts
[QUOTE="TriggerheartEx"]

FACT

mustaf_nur89

Gears games are about detail and massive amounts of it. It's not just the graphics it's the art direction also, TPS games look much better than FPS in my opinion, there is more stuff on screen, and just much more going on in a game like Gears. Did you see some of the campaign footage? There is NOTHING like it. A game like K2 has been done a thousand times, sure it looks realistic I'll give you that, but there is no detail, it looks blurry as he'll.

mustaf_nur89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mustaf_nur89
[QUOTE="mustaf_nur89"][QUOTE="TriggerheartEx"]

FACT

TriggerheartEx

Gears games are about detail and massive amounts of it. It's not just the graphics it's the art direction also, TPS games look much better than FPS in my opinion, there is more stuff on screen, and just much more going on in a game like Gears. Did you see some of the campaign footage? There is NOTHING like it. A game like K2 has been done a thousand times, sure it looks realistic I'll give you that, but there is no detail, it looks blurry as he'll.

k kool, your opinion, just dont thro a caps FACT in there next time...

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

instead of toning down the AI they could've been playing in god-mode like most gamedevs do for a presentation. It gives people better impressions of the game instead of retarded ai. acekall

But then the complaint would be the game looked too easy......you lose either way.

acekall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 acekall

[QUOTE="acekall"]

instead of toning down the AI they could've been playing in god-mode like most gamedevs do for a presentation. It gives people better impressions of the game instead of retarded ai. darthogre

But then the complaint would be the game looked too easy......you lose either way.

no because we would a least get an idea how the ai works while the devs explainthe play in god-mode.

Gunblade20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gunblade20
Member since 2006 • 453 Posts

They both look great! The difference is GeOW is a classic and the first Killzone was horrible, I never understand why this is not brought up more?Khansoul

Because the 2nd game was much better, so the 3rd game looks to improve upon that .

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts

[QUOTE="Khansoul"]They both look great! The difference is GeOW is a classic and the first Killzone was horrible, I never understand why this is not brought up more?Gunblade20

Because the 2nd game was much better, so the 3rd game looks to improve upon that .

Are you guys desperate enough to count the PSP title as the 2nd game? Geez you're in worse shape than I thought.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Gears 2
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#40 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Both games look great. Only fanboys would say otherwise.

But the PS3 is far from out-classing the Xbox360. Far from the "2 Times the power of x360" claim Sony said.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#41 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
[QUOTE="Gunblade20"]

[QUOTE="Khansoul"]They both look great! The difference is GeOW is a classic and the first Killzone was horrible, I never understand why this is not brought up more?Khansoul

Are you guys desperate enough to count the PSP title as the 2nd game? Geez you're in worse shape than I thought.

Not only that, but the PSP game wasn't even an FPS

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
Killzone 2 looks better. But will it play better?
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Killzone 2 looks better. But will it play better?thrones

gameplay !!!! hhmmm thats something i will discover once the game gets released and i get my copy... however ask lemmings since they already know the gameplay is boring and mediocre... probably KZ2 is already out on 360 and they played it :)

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MojondeVACA
Gears 2 it got more going on.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points