Killzone is a graphics king?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

@gpuking said:

Show me Crysis 3 or Ryse screenshots look better than these. Truth is some of you never even played the game. KZS is at least in Crysis 3's league and smokes Ryse's 900p blurry mess.

Pic 2 and 3 are just backdrops, pretty unimpressive really. The 1st pic looks pretty good and the 4th show that the the textures are ok, the textures in Crysis 3 are way better. Having played both KZSF and Crysis 3 maxed out I can safely say that Crysis 3 is superior from a technical standpoint.

Even Crysis 1 with mods beats KZSF in several aspects like scale, outdoor level density, draw distance (backdrops are not draw distance) and I would say that the textures are pretty even.

KZSF looks good for a launch game though.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@miiiiv said:

Pic 2 and 3 are just backdrops, pretty unimpressive really. The 1st pic looks pretty good and the 4th show that the the textures are ok, the textures in Crysis 3 are way better. Having played both KZSF and Crysis 3 maxed out I can safely say that Crysis 3 is superior from a technical standpoint.

Even Crysis 1 with mods beats KZSF in several aspects like scale, outdoor level density, draw distance (backdrops are not draw distance) and I would say that the textures are pretty even.

KZSF looks good for a launch game though.

There's plenty of overlap between KZS and Crysis 3.There are parts in Crysis 3 that are just as bad or worse than KZS.

I do agree they're in the same league. If the two games were sports teams, they'd be in the same Division.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#53 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I looks good. But it's for sure not the best.

Played it and it was a borefest. I guese if cows want only good graphics and bad gameplay like Borezone then it will be a bad gen for them.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:

lol, just like EVERY single graphics thread since this gen where lems refuse to post ryse shots.

And, just like every single Crapzone thread idiots (cows) refuse to put a credible source to back up their claims. Now let's see who should we trust more, the random Sony drones or the game industry? I guess, later makes much more sense. Funny they run to DF to claim ownage over X1 but when it comes to Ryse, they go in 'lalalalalalalalala' mode. lol

You do know that DF said KZ>>>ryse right? How could it not when it runs at 50% higher resolution with also higher framerate,better lighting and textures? Its the exact reason why you or nobody else will dare post xbone screenshots ...LOL!!!

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

@topgunmv said:

@I_can_haz said:

I totally disagree. I think the graphics are awesome and I'm also a PC gamer. Other than a handful of PC games nothing tops it. Best looking game on consoles for sure.

^

I'm still playing through the game, but it seems like the gameplay starts out great and then slowly gets worse the further in you get.

Good god, seriously? I'm like 1/2 an hour in and its been awful. Its like the planet itself is a giant idiot ball. You nuked Helghan, why would you let them live?! One dead end after another, the level design doesn't seem to follow common sense. I agree with the gist of what everyone else has been saying, its a very pretty not good game. I admit I thought GS was pulling another bias thing when the review came out, but after playing I think they were generous with the score.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

the people don't understand whats next gen look at RYSE you can say its 900p but look at it every round egde is truly round polycount is through the roof way above any other game at this moment, 1 rig per person , cloth physic above anything else, lighting is amazing fire reflecting off armor and when light changes through the game so does the color of the armor, tessellation heavy, great AA solution even standing still hardly any jaggies at all I will take that if that means giving up 1080p everytime, but sure as the new engines roll around and better tools for devs all of that is gonna be the norm.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Ryse and Killzone are awesome looking launch games for a console. The bar has been set.
Its only going to get better.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Ryse sitting high on its graphics king throne as KZ kneels before it.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

LOL @ people calling me cherry picking shots, don't worry I have plenty of where those came from. Eat your heart out lems.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#61 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

If you have a decent PC and picked up a PS4 hoping for the best graphics on the planet, then you are simply guilty of making an uninformed purchase. It's not surprising, though... many people here would have you believe that the PS4 rivals the power of any computer, despite the fact that it's graphics can't best what even a 2 year old GPU can handle. As a PC owner, I highly recommend focusing on the PS4 exclusives. They won't look better than the finest PC games... even some several years old... but they will look pretty good. More importantly, some of them will offer unique Gameplay experiences. That's the reason for a PC owner to get a PS4... exclusives. PS4 doesn't have any must have exclusives yet, but that will soon change.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@gpuking: Are those from the PS4's built-in Screen Capture Utility? If there's hardware built-in just for that, it would make the PS4 another $100 more valuable.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By killzowned24
@FoxbatAlpha said:

In case anyone is wondering why even the biggest lems refuse to post screenshots ,here's why.

dat inferiority

http://i3.minus.com/ibvEOFEFaRGaCu.png

Here's a similar crysis shot too.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r108/sephis85/Crysis22011-06-2800-26-34-07.jpg

vs

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3828/11381655315_9697dc1ffb_o.png

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 killzowned24

@sts106mat said:

@killzowned24 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

In case anyone is wondering why even the biggest lems refuse to post screenshots ,here's why.

dat inferiority

http://i3.minus.com/ibvEOFEFaRGaCu.png

hahaha nice try. why dont you just play the game for yourself instead of worrying about what other people think

It is funny isnt it. ryse main character got less details than a basic killzone grunt as seen above. lol!!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Seen better

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 killzowned24

@sts106mat said:

@killzowned24:

no idea. all i know is the screen you posted doesn't look anything like how good the game looks on my TV.

according to hyper cow Tormentos...... Ryse has better character models than killzone......but then again, he doesn't own either machine.

That is a direct feed screenshot weighing in at over 4mb.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

@sts106mat said:

@killzowned24:

no idea. all i know is the screen you posted doesn't look anything like how good the game looks on my TV.

according to hyper cow Tormentos...... Ryse has better character models than killzone......but then again, he doesn't own either machine.

That is a direct feed screenshot weighing in at over 4mb.

sts106mat confirmed for not having an Xbone.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@killzowned24: Ive played both marius has more polys than two npcs up close in killzone, textures better in RYSE every round or circle is a round or completely circle instead of blocky in killzone, lighting in Ryse way better, tessellation, cloth physics the only thing killzone has is resolution and particle effects that's it

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@gpuking said:

LOL @ people calling me cherry picking shots, don't worry I have plenty of where those came from. Eat your heart out lems.

TLHBO! Great screesnhots. Completely smoke Ryse Flop of Man's blurry 900p textures.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By killzowned24

@Tighaman said:

@killzowned24: Ive played both marius has more polys than two npcs up close in killzone, textures better in RYSE every round or circle is a round or completely circle instead of blocky in killzone, lighting in Ryse way better, tessellation, cloth physics the only thing killzone has is resolution and particle effects that's it

lol

dem textures.

http://i6.minus.com/iRI7SLOZUhVe4.png

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@killzowned24: why would lems need to post screenshots? The war is already over and Ryse was crowned king. Maybe you are still holding onto hope? This I commend you for but it is not needed.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

KZ:SF looks very nice and way better than Ryse but if you're trying to prove that KZ looks better than Crysis 3, you haven't played Crysis 3 or played it on ps360 and think the pc version looks similar but with higher resolution.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By killzowned24

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@killzowned24: why would lems need to post screenshots? The war is already over and Ryse was crowned king. Maybe you are still holding onto hope? This I commend you for but it is not needed.

this is a like bible vs science excuse lol. I prefer direct evidence.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

Ryse.

/thread.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

@silversix_ said:

KZ:SF looks very nice and way better than Ryse but if you're trying to prove that KZ looks better than Crysis 3, you haven't played Crysis 3 or played it on ps360 and think the pc version looks similar but with higher resolution.

^ This (haven't played Ryse) but Crysis 3 is certainly better (more advanced graphics) than KZSF, anyone who has played Crysis 3 maxed out and KZSF knows this.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@killzowned24 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:

lol, just like EVERY single graphics thread since this gen where lems refuse to post ryse shots.

And, just like every single Crapzone thread idiots (cows) refuse to put a credible source to back up their claims. Now let's see who should we trust more, the random Sony drones or the game industry? I guess, later makes much more sense. Funny they run to DF to claim ownage over X1 but when it comes to Ryse, they go in 'lalalalalalalalala' mode. lol

You do know that DF said KZ>>>ryse right? How could it not when it runs at 50% higher resolution with also higher framerate,better lighting and textures? Its the exact reason why you or nobody else will dare post xbone screenshots ...LOL!!!

Put up a DF link saying that. I dare you.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

When do the next gen graphics start?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@killzowned24 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

this is a like bible vs science excuse lol. I prefer direct evidence.

Presenting evidence to idiots (cows) is a lost cause. It's like presenting evidence to a child (cow) explaining scientifically why it not possible to reach stars (Crysis 2, Crysis 3) with current technology (PS4) just because his grand pa (Sony) tells them fairy tales about how he has control of stars and can put in his hands.

The way I see it idiots (cows) are relying on faith than evidence by the people who work in this area. Try again!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@miiiiv said:

@silversix_ said:

^ This (haven't played Ryse) but Crysis 3 is certainly better (more advanced graphics) than KZSF, anyone who has played Crysis 3 maxed out and KZSF knows this.

you don't even need to play the game maxed out. on High it crushes KZ:SF graphics

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 zeeshanhaider

@gpuking said:

Damn I never though you would ever post these screens. The first is downright fugly. Even Vanilla Crysis looks better than that. Second has crap lighting and well is just another backdrop. Third is nothing but a backdrop. Fourth and Fifth are your standard scifi interiors. So, what were you bragging about?

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 killzowned24
@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:

lol, right from the author of the DF Ryse article.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91351048&postcount=31

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11272 Posts

KZ4 looks amazing, but Crysis 3 remains the graphics king.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 zeeshanhaider

@killzowned24 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:

I asked for a DF link. Where is the DF link? Where did Digital Foundry said Crapzone:Shadow Fail > Ryse? Second I would take an official verdict over a casual comment given to please raging Sony drones. And if he is the author I see why he can't edit an article if he's as easily accessible on forums. Would you ask him to do that for me? Untill then, the official verdict is what counts.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Ryse smokes this corridor shooter.

Yeah I agree. KZ looks great, but I was more impressed with Ryse.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#90  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@gpuking said:

Shadow Fall does have fantastic art direction and tech graphics! Unfortunatly it also has terrible level design.

I still think that, considering all factors, BF4 on PS4 is more impressive (visuals, scale, vehicles, number of players, etc...)

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@mbrockway:

@mbrockway said:

@topgunmv said:

@I_can_haz said:

I totally disagree. I think the graphics are awesome and I'm also a PC gamer. Other than a handful of PC games nothing tops it. Best looking game on consoles for sure.

^

I'm still playing through the game, but it seems like the gameplay starts out great and then slowly gets worse the further in you get.

Good god, seriously? I'm like 1/2 an hour in and its been awful. Its like the planet itself is a giant idiot ball. You nuked Helghan, why would you let them live?!

I'm sure the Japanese would appreciate the sentiment.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Looks great but its boring as hell.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 killzowned24

@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:

I asked for a DF link. Where is the DF link? Where did Digital Foundry said Crapzone:Shadow Fail > Ryse? Second I would take an official verdict over a casual comment given to please raging Sony drones. And if he is the author I see why he can't edit an article if he's as easily accessible on forums. Would you ask him to do that for me? Untill then, the official verdict is what counts.

lol. you sure do a lot of damge control for someone who claims to not be a lem. In the article I don't even see the comment as comparing to PS4,but to other xbone games which isnt true as BF4 blows it away too! All it is a friendly throwing the lems a bone because after all more than half the article is it saying how poor it is, running in sub 1080p, under 30fps, poor animations and pre-rendered cutscenes ....hahahahah

Again I have posted direct evidence that can be judged and just as I predicted not one lem has dared to post a screenshot of these so called amazing graphics and that alone says it all.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@PAL360 said:

It a fantastic looking game, but i think BF4 is more impressive overall.

Agreed.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Look how blurry and low res Ryse is compared to KZSF, textures are so flat. these are high quality captures so don't whinge. Honestly I've seen tons of PS3 games looking sharper.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#97  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts
@killzowned24 said:

http://i2.minus.com/ibXqCcLOAvcTZ.jpg

Holly sh*t, thats impressive if not a bullshot. TC is fvckin clueless if he thinks those are "bad textures"...

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 zeeshanhaider

@killzowned24 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@killzowned24 said:

lol. you sure do a lot of damge control for someone who claims to not be a lem. In the article I don't even see the comment as comparing to PS4,but to other xbone games which isnt true as BF4 blows it away too! All it is a friendly throwing the lems a bone because after all more than half the article is it saying how poor it is, running in sub 1080p, under 30fps, poor animations and pre-rendered cutscenes ....hahahahah

Again I have posted direct evidence that can be judged and just as I predicted not one lem has dared to post a screenshot of these so called amazing graphics and that alone says it all.

So, again no credible source and speaking out of your ass. Got it. There's is DC just rubbing you the facts in your faces. Pretty damn sure Order isn't 1080p either. I mean it's just terrible that a game that's supposed to beat Crysis 3 got its ass beaten by a 900p game on a weaker console. I mean that's blow the belt. It's called ownage of highest proportions. Isn't it funny that the article is filled with its short comings yet it managed to scored over Crapzone: Shadow Fail, I mean that's embarrassing. Like I said in another one of my posts, you are trapped in your own rules by changing the goal posts every now and then. There's no way out of it now, you have tried all your options by flip flopping. You will lose no matter what criteria you set. Keep up your DC.

Oh yeah, and I'm proud of the fact that I'm a cow-hater.Keep calling me lem won't stop me from exposing your hypocrisy.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

The PS4 is already out of date. Things are only going to get worse for the consoles. This supposed next gen is a damn joke.

Hell Steam Machines are coming that will take the PS4s lunch money.

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

I agree. I picked up a ps4 with a copy of Killzone yesterday cuz i wanted to see what all the hype was and im so disappointed in the graphics. Poor textures, Horible LOD, anti aliasing is shit, the rain looks like milk and the water drops on the faces don't move at all, it just looks bad or rushed or something. I don't see what all the hype is!