Keith Vaz tried to outlaw MW3 (uk) got 9 votes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

over at yonder parliment in the UK keith vaz tabled a motion to ban the possession and sale of activisions latest dose of CoD to its daylight deprived hyper addicated purchasing base. he got 9 votes for and then the rest gangbusted it and one of his supporters suggested an amendment to give it a special case rating of A regardless of pegi or ESRB rating board findings.

http://www.destructoid.com/keith-vaz-wants-to-ban-call-of-duty-3--216374.phtml

while nothing to really care over the fact that anyone bothers drags the future of CoD really selling (or being allowed to sell) in a uk market is definetely in question. first none, now nine, next you will be seeing 18 at that rate by cod 20 or so the entire house would want it outlawed

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

EA failed again

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ionusX

EA failed again

Harisemo

well this certainly doesnt look good.. i mean while nothing to really care about in the future may see a UK without it and as things tend to go the UK's say is often what canada and australia follow suit on cause ya know its "hip" to think like the former motherland which actually id be for. im not railing against CoD but thats what they should get till the fix the problems with cod's horrible PC version..

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Keith Vaz is a plank of an MP.

Not the first time he's tried this, even the press have a good laugh at him and his stupidity on top of that one of the biggest abusers of the expenses system he's a hack of an MP that labour needs to get rid of cause of his bonafide stupidity and general idiocy in wasting our tax paying money on a massive flat in London.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

EA failed again

Harisemo
What does this have to do with EA?
pav50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 pav50
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

He hasn't actually called for the game to be banned, the exact words from the EDM are -"and calls on the British Board of Film Classification to take further precautions when allowing a game to be sold". I'm not sticking up for someone who clearly has not done their research on the game before criticising it, but further precautions does not mean banned.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ionusX

He hasn't actually called for the game to be banned, the exact words from the EDM are -"and calls on the British Board of Film Classification to take further precautions when allowing a game to be sold". I'm not sticking up for someone who clearly has not done their research on the game before criticising it, but further precautions does not mean banned.

pav50

this was after the ammendment if you read more carefully. the origional centext called for an end to sales

landofcookies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 landofcookies
Member since 2011 • 454 Posts

Keith Vaz doesn't care about Battlefield.

He goes after the biggest game of all time.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

landofcookies

because BF doesn't attract hordes of underage people like COD.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#10 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it, there's always a few screwballs willing to support regressive and irrational ideas, and this is no different.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="landofcookies"]

super600

people wont listen to Keith Vaz anyway, he just looks for a way to keep in the limelight with attacking games no point in giving the idiot any time tbh.

pav50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 pav50
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

[QUOTE="pav50"]

ionusX

this was after the ammendment if you read more carefully. the origional centext called for an end to sales

Really? Thats surprisingly stupid, even for an MP

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#13 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="landofcookies"]

razgriz_101

people wont listen to Keith Vaz anyway, he just looks for a way to keep in the limelight with attacking games no point in giving the idiot any time tbh.

He's the Jack Thompson of the UK!
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

Slashless

He's the Jack Thompson of the UK!

he is and he isnt tbh i hate hi guts for using tax payers money to pay for his mortgage and attacking games aswell as being a complete and utter mindless berk.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

It's pretty ridiculous that the BBFC can refuse films/games classification, if it is some extreme movie like a serbian movie then they should introduce a new rating of 18R so that the person buying it knows it will be a pretty extreme game/movie.

BBFC ratings or any ratings board in the world should be used only as a guideline, so that parents don't buy an 18 film for their 10 year old, they shouldn't be able to refuse classification it should be left up to the adult to decide. This guy should just stay away from games if he doesn't like them, we don't want another video nasty type nonsense again.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

what you don't know is this actually passed but dr. who fixed the whole thing later.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 razgriz_101

It's pretty ridiculous that the BBFC can refuse films/games classification, if it is some extreme movie like a serbian movie then they should introduce a new rating of 18R so that the person buying it knows it will be a pretty extreme game/movie.

BBFC ratings or any ratings board in the world should be used only as a guideline, so that parents don't buy an 18 film for their 10 year old, they shouldn't be able to refuse classification it should be left up to the adult to decide. This guy should just stay away from games if he doesn't like them, we don't want another video nasty type nonsense again.

APiranhaAteMyVa

BBFC is one of the fairest ones in the world theres been very very few games/movies rejected from classification over the past few years and usually for good reasoning or politcal/social pressure from the public/media.

Theres nothing wrong with the BBFC any British person will tell you that any ratings board can refuse classification if they wish bit like the AO rating is a kiss of death if your in America.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"]

razgriz_101

BBFC is one of the fairest ones in the world theres been very very few games/movies rejected from classification over the past few years and usually for good reasoning or politcal/social pressure from the public/media.

Theres nothing wrong with the BBFC any British person will tell you that any ratings board can refuse classification if they wish bit like the AO rating is a kiss of death if your in America.

I just checked they've banned Carmaggedon (later unbanned it), manhunt 2 (modified version released) and the Punisher (edited). Not terrible, but still I think 3 games too many. They are pretty lenient, most films they banned have been unbanned, the only recent examples are human centipede 2 ( the first one sucked) and a film called grotesque which I've never heard of.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"]

APiranhaAteMyVa

I just checked they've banned Carmaggedon (later unbanned it), manhunt 2 (modified version released) and the Punisher (edited). Not terrible, but still I think 3 games too many. They are pretty lenient, most films they banned have been unbanned, the only recent examples are human centipede 2 ( the first one sucked) and a film called grotesque which I've never heard of.

Grotesque and THC2 were both banned under the fact they both had lacking narrative in relation to the flat out violence thus refused classification.If they had narrative then they would probably have been classified 18 like Hostel and the rest of it.

Carmageddon and Manhunt 2 stemmed from social/political pressure and the Punisher was a casualty around the time of the manhunt 1 scandal in the UK.

BBFC do a perfectly fine job rating games and usually pretty fair bout it.

stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

Grotesque and THC2 were both banned under the fact they both had lacking narrative in relation to the flat out violence thus refused classification.If they had narrative then they would probably have been classified 18 like Hostel and the rest of it.

Carmageddon and Manhunt 2 stemmed from social/political pressure and the Punisher was a casualty around the time of the manhunt 1 scandal in the UK.

But what gives someone else the right to deny responsible adults legitimate means of entertaining themselves?

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"] I just checked they've banned Carmaggedon (later unbanned it), manhunt 2 (modified version released) and the Punisher (edited). Not terrible, but still I think 3 games too many. They are pretty lenient, most films they banned have been unbanned, the only recent examples are human centipede 2 ( the first one sucked) and a film called grotesque which I've never heard of.stvee101

But what gives someone else the right to deny responsible adults legitimate means of entertaining themselves?

the two films in question fell under a legislation called the obscene publications act and more than likely indirectly affected Manhunt 2 aswell.

stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

[QUOTE="stvee101"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

the two films in question fell under a legislation called the obscene publications act and more than likely indirectly affected Manhunt 2 aswell.

Eh ok,but that didn't really answer my question.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="stvee101"]But what gives someone else the right to deny responsible adults legitimate means of entertaining themselves?

stvee101

Eh ok,but that didn't really answer my question.

how does it not? it fell under legislation that is deemed unfit for public consumption, sure its easy to circumvent the BBFC these days anyway.Besides HC2 was unbanned last month aswell it got a few scenes cut including a rape and the murder of a baby which tbh is fair.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

I've decided to Wikipedia him just to get some background information about him.

"Alternative medicine

He is a supporter of homeopathy, having signed several early day motions in support of its continued funding on the National Health Service sponsored by David Tredinnick."

Oh look, it's me not giving a toss about his opinions.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 razgriz_101

Vesica the part bout his expenses shows how much he really cares for his own voters and the fact he's been basically impeached from parliament aswell speak volumes bout his overall credibility in general :P

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vesica_Prime

Vesica the part bout his expenses shows how much he really cares for his own voters and the fact he's been basically impeached from parliament aswell speak volumes bout his overall credibility in general :P

razgriz_101

Oh wow, and I thought here in Australia our politicians were a bunch of crooks :P. I feel sorry for you Brits out there.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Vesica_Prime

Oh wow, and I thought here in Australia our politicians were a bunch of crooks :P. I feel sorry for you Brits out there.

He's just a relic that needs thrown out and curb stomped.He's a complete pillock to put it lightly, he tried to ban Counter Strike last year,Bully bout 3 years ago and GTA on multiple occasions.

The man boils my blood cause he just bandwagoned a certain scandal and has been riding it ever since with little evidence to support his weak arguements.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Vesica_Prime

Read up about our great expenses scandals! MP tried to build a bloody moat round his house with taxpayers money :P
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vesica_Prime

He's just a relic that needs thrown out and curb stomped.He's a complete pillock to put it lightly, he tried to ban Counter Strike last year,Bully bout 3 years ago and GTA on multiple occasions.

The man boils my blood cause he just bandwagoned a certain scandal and has been riding it ever since with little evidence to support his weak arguements.

razgriz_101

Yeah it's all idiotic people and making noise until they get in power. That's when it becomes worry-some.

Read up about our great expenses scandals! MP tried to build a bloody moat round his house with taxpayers money :PRavensmash

A moat. Are you serious?!

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Vesica_Prime

Yeah it's all idiotic people and making noise until they get in power. That's when it becomes worry-some.

Read up about our great expenses scandals! MP tried to build a bloody moat round his house with taxpayers money :PRavensmash

A moat. Are you serious?!

nope its all serious buisness, and they had the cheek to cut budgets on things which were more important like the NHS.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5310069/MPs-expenses-Clearing-the-moat-at-Douglas-Hoggs-manor.html

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vesica_Prime

nope its all serious buisness, and they had the cheek to cut budgets on things which were more important like the NHS.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5310069/MPs-expenses-Clearing-the-moat-at-Douglas-Hoggs-manor.html

razgriz_101

How this is stuff even legal? If anyone embezzled money here they'd face a decent prison sentence as well as a fine. :S

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Vesica_Prime

How this is stuff even legal? If anyone embezzled money here they'd face a decent prison sentence as well as a fine. :S

It's not legal, there were repercussions for those found guilty of abusing expenses.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Who the hell is Keith Vaz and why does he not have anything better to do with his life?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
lol.... call of duty > Keith whoever he is
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 razgriz_101

Who the hell is Keith Vaz and why does he not have anything better to do with his life?

SPYDER0416

he's an MP thats clung to a all video games with violence are bad since some idiotic kid took Manhunt a bit too seriously a while back.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
it's abuse of power, a lot of that going on with this goverment lately,just because he doesn't like the game he tried to ruin it for everyone else, i can think of plenty of other games as violent and as controversial as MW but he never tables a motion against them, the problem with this goverment is that they are all like spoilt little children, dickens would have been proud of this lot.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 razgriz_101

I am from the UK and have never even heard of this idiot. who gives a f*** sts106mat

you no remeber this guy? :P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4380020.stm

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]I am from the UK and have never even heard of this idiot. who gives a f*** sts106mat

you no remeber this guy? :P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4380020.stm

not really LOL, i tend to ignore it all.. politicians are so out of touch with reality, look just before the last election when tried to make david cameron look cool by using twitter and stuff.

Dont even start me on Maggie Thatcher minus the handbag.

My mates works on the bin motor and they are striking on Wedensday next week due to cuts, so i can see this being well...hellish.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

I might be able to get behind that. Banning a game goes totally against my beliefs, but I really don't like CoD.:P