Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

He also said that the PS3 was a "nightmare."

5:07

"Originally, we were very focused on creating the 'Sport' mode. That's why we named the new title 'Gran Turismo Sport, but looking back at it now, when you see the massive list of features that went into the game, we could've called it Gran Turismo 7. At this point, I think either name would work."

8:52

"The PS3, looking back on it now, was really a nightmare. Really. Seriously. It was very stressful, and at the same time, it didn't allow us to do a lot of the things we wanted to do. The PlayStation 4 has been really fun to develop GT Sport for. For myself and the team as well. Everyday, there's a small advancement and achievement that we make in development. It brings us joy. That kind of feeling is something that I haven't felt since Gran Turismo 1"

We heard it from the man himself. GT Sport is not another prologue. It's a full-fledged Gran Turismo game.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Hey, Riku. Will you be making the hype thread for this game? That would be cool.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

....And it will be outscored by Forza 7

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Just improve the engine sounds and ditch the standards. All I care about.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I'm glad he admitted PS3 was a mess

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

All we need now is better sound. They've already ditched standard cars, thank goodness.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@quadknight said:

All we need now is better sound. They've already ditched standard cars, thank goodness.

Yeah, my Dyson is a more convincing racecar.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Better sounds and I'm all in.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

@freedomfreak: Sure, lol. When would be the appropriate time to make one?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I read the other day that GT Sport won't have any offline events or career mode or dynamic weather or day/night. Only preset. Combine that with the average graphics and only 140 cars and this game is so freaking disappointing its pathetic. I don't know what happened to Polyphony. Sounds more like a fvcking simulation version of Driveclub than a GT game.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dynamitecop

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I read the other day that GT Sport won't have any offline events or career mode or dynamic weather or day/night. Only preset. Combine that with the average graphics and only 140 cars and this game is so freaking disappointing its pathetic. I don't know what happened to Polyphony. Sounds more like a fvcking simulation version of Driveclub than a GT game.

You're the last person I would have expected this post from, I said essentially exactly what you did here and was scoffed at.

People should be pissed off, this is a huge letdown, but honestly it seems like the next step for PD, they've been consistently on the downswing.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 QuadKnight

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

This is actually very wrong.

The game has a career mode, it's called "Campaign mode" now hence the confusion.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@quadknight said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

This is actually very wrong.

The game has a career mode, it's called "Campaign mode" now hence the confusion.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-to-not-feature-single-player-career-events-races.346416/

There are some offline races but they are mostly just glorified tutorials. There is no full fledged career mode this time. If this really was just a prologue it would be acceptable but since they are saying this is the full GT7 like they claim then this is a huge letdown for anyone who basically doesn't exclusively stick to racing online. There is a big lack of content here man. It's a step back from previous GT games in every way possible.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

@PinkiePirate: Not sure. Not anytime soon with E3 around the corner, you know.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

I think he means in terms of content it may as well be considered a full GT game. I doubt it's GT7 though.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

If this really is true then I can see this being the end for GT. No career mode, 140 cars, average graphics, very poor sound and a dated handling model are nowhere near enough to compete in the era of pCARS, Assetto Corsa and to a lesser extent forza.

If this is true then it's massively disappointing news.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

If that's true I wont be buying it. I don't have and will never have a PS+ subscription, and even if I did online races are shit.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@l34052: It will outsell all of those games combined unless it is just a complete turf. GT is still the biggest brand in racing sims.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Good to know. I'm just a bit disappointed with the 16 cars cap. With games like Project Cars and Forza 6 improving on that area, i expected the new GT to support at least 24 cars on track!

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 l34052

@StrongBlackVine:

You say that but is that really the case these days? I was a massive fan of GT, every game from the first up to the fourth iteration, after all of the delays and hope for GT5 what I got was one of the biggest disappointments of last gen. It didn't look anything special, the ui was just wrong and a whole host of other little things made it feel very unfinished.

For the first time ever I didn't buy a new GT game with 6, I was jaded after 5 and with the new generation of consoles I was ready for something new but rather than put the game on the PS4 it went to the ageing PS3.

In the years since I've found and fell in love with pCARS and later in the year Assetto Corsa both of which are leagues ahead when it comes to the actual racing and sound so where does that leave GT??

I'm sure I'm not the only person that feels this way these days, it pains me to say it but unless PD do something astonishing with GT people just won't bother with it anymore.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@l34052: Yes I am sure about because the game you mentioned don't exactly set the charts on fire. If it is a decent to good game it will still sell millions. The Last one flopped on PS3 and still s sold 5 million copies. The first PS4 GT will move some units.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Hope those looking forward to it enjoy it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 QuadKnight

Great news!!!

The sound is going to be improved before November according to this article: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-audio-will-be-composed-with-all-new-system?utm_content=bufferf7cf5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Work has already begun to bring the overall sound quality of Gran Turismo Sport to a level alongside competition in the genre. Speaking of the build shown off to fans in the Copper Box Arena Kazunori stated:

“So the system is completely new. But the sound material is not completely changed to the new material. So I think when you listen to some of the cars now, there are some cars that sound really good, and some cars that don’t.”

GTPlanet’s own Jordan Greer felt that the Ferrari 458 Italia in particular sounded very nice with Yamauchi agreeing. He also pointed out that the Lotus Evora was another example of a car which sounded better under the new sound system being implemented on the road to release.

As footage for the newest GT continues to pop up around the web, it would be wise to keep in mind Kazunori’s comments about the new system not being fully completed yet and reserving judgement as such. Through the interview with Polyphony’s president we can see that at least 2 of the cars are currently being put through the new system and we can tell that the team are not sugar-coating how they feel about the current system making note that cars simply don’t sound good. This level of honesty gives hope that moving forward the new system can have the potential to fix an area which has been requiring more attention in recent versions of the s

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

You what was a nightmare? The way you had to install the updates on gt6. And if you hadn't played it for a long time you came back to 5gb worth of updates that would freeze the system when try to install smh.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

....And it will be outscored by Forza 7

Highly likely... GT Sport just sounds like a half-arsed racing game to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Lol@no standard cars and then sony sell you standard car dlc and you all buy it yet can't afford wiiu? Lol wtf?

OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts

Umm I don't think he calling it gt7...

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dynamitecop

@OmegaTau said:

Umm I don't think he calling it gt7...

He's saying you can call it Sport or 7, it doesn't matter, they're the same thing.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

GTS will be a complete mess....no dynamic weather. no dynamic night and day. cars still sound like two blow dryers tapped together.

Yorad091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Yorad091
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

In other words it will be trash. PlayStation fans have to accept that they will never have a good racing game

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#32 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

That's not what he's saying, but it may (or may not) indicate what you interpreted. He's saying it wound up being so full-fledged (in his view) that they could have called it GT7 as though it were the next "full" installment in the series and not a custom take on it. Whether that statement means there is no "full" GT7 in development or not seems quite ambiguous to me

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Being a fan of the series I'm really looking forward to GT Sport

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 l34052

@xantufrog:

If this is not GT7 then I'm annoyed, I would rather PD put their resources, time, money and effort into the full game rather than wasting it on this, that way we could play a proper fully fleshed out GT without having to wait another 2-3 years for a (probably) unfinished game like GT5.