Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37361 Posts

Nintendo Everything

PlatinumGames has been asked about Bayonetta 3 plenty of times over the past couple of years. The developer has given optimistic status updates, but we’ve still yet to see the game in action. Because of this, some fans seem to be holding on to the idea that the project has been cancelled. Fear not, however.

PlatinumGames’ Hideki Kamiya was again asked about Bayonetta 3 as part of an interview with VGC. Kamiya reiterated that it hasn’t been cancelled, and fans should “take any concerns you have like that and throw them out the window immediately”.

Kamiya said:

“I’m on Twitter so I see a lot of comments every day. I’m happy that there’s still anticipation for the title, but one thing I would like to address is the trend I’m seeing which is people who are starting to ask if the game has been cancelled. I want you guys to take any concerns you have like that and throw them out the window immediately because we’re still hard at work on it and it hasn’t been cancelled by any means. Please look forward to it!”

Nintendo and PlatinumGames announced Bayonetta 3 at The Game Awards 2017. Since the debut trailer, nothing new has been shown.

Me at this point:

I've been burned on lost games before. We all have. Already pissed at Ubisoft mostly for their treatment of BGE2.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39228 Posts

This why most of the hype around announced games is a waste of everyone's time and effort. In July, we are going to see a slew of vaporware and as usual, gamers are going to get stoked even though the games may never release or would not be seen for years. Its time gamers start requesting that games should be shown no earlier than six months from release.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 26037 Posts

If they cancel it, you might as well cancel my hopes and dreams in life.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 30263 Posts

I’ve never considered that Bayonetta 3 might have been cancelled myself so no worries here. Anyway can’t wait until we see some of this game which I can’t imagine is too far off now.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 1687 Posts

Same case with Metroid, they announced them a little too soon, but they definitely are going to be released.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 1109 Posts

Bet you Bayo3 and Metroid will be delayed until the next Nintendo system is out cuz the specs of the Switch can't handle anything.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36793 Posts

I just assumed it was still coming, but nice to know we have assurance.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 3052 Posts

My hype for this game is dead for now. It was announced way too early. I'm tired of games announcing years before they are close to being released. It kills my hype.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Gifford38  Online
Member since 2020 • 658 Posts

yes i was so hyped for beyond good and evil 2. i never played any of bayonetta to judge but this is good news for switch owners. is it a switch exclusive still?

sony is big for doing this as well when they show new game trailers. look at last of us 2. took them the whole gen to release that game. i mean its good we know its coming but sometimes the wait is to long.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20036 Posts

One of my most anticipated titles... bring it on!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 18507 Posts

Yeah was just chatting with the dudes about this the other day.

Most likely scenario is they announced the game before they even started on it. Nothing more than ok, we're a go for a sequel. Which is dumb, but whatevs.

Champ brought up that it could be some development issues. Astral Chain not even able to maintain a locked 30, no fucking way Bayo fans will be ok with that. Dips are to be expected on Switch, but Bayo 3 needs to at least target 60. Which translates to mostly hanging in the 50s with dips into 40s in worst case scenarios. Not ideal of course, but a baseline expectation from the fanbase.

More than likely it's both of those.

What would be fucking fantastic is if their infusion of cash allowed for them to publish Bayo 3 with Segas blessing and not be tied to Nintendo/Switch. Maybe had to retreat back to the drawing board since they're able to develop the game for better hardware. But that's definitely wishful thinking on my part, dreaming way too big lol. I'm sure the Tencent investment is going towards their own new IPs.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 7776 Posts

Hope people actually buys the game. Bayonetta 2 actually has worst opening on switch compared to on Wii U.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4204 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Bet you Bayo3 and Metroid will be delayed until the next Nintendo system is out cuz the specs of the Switch can't handle anything.

Whatcha wanna bet?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 1109 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Whatcha wanna bet?

I bet you $1, bro. You better not win, i need it for my crack dose.

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 41 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: they can do Bayo 3 at 60 on switch, just not with going way beyond bay 2 visuals, which knowing the team they’re probably doing.

I’m sure the prime 4 team is struggling as well. Perhaps a switch pro is what these guys need, though I’m not sure about that at this point.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62965 Posts

@chozofication said:

@ConanTheStoner: they can do Bayo 3 at 60 on switch, just not with going way beyond bay 2 visuals, which knowing the team they’re probably doing.

I’m sure the prime 4 team is struggling as well. Perhaps a switch pro is what these guys need, though I’m not sure about that at this point.

Rock and a hard place situation. Graphics unfortunately sell more than "we made our game deeper" and part of Bayonetta's appeal is the scale and crazyness of it all. So they need to show some visual improvement or style change in a sequel, but the hardware they are stuck to couldn't run a far simpler action title with less enemies on screen at anything above 30.

Now that could just be the Astral Chain team being wack.

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 41 Posts

@jg4xchamp: I own astral chain, haven’t played it yet but what I’ve seen of it seems significantly more detailed than bay 2.

I really must get around to starting that.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62965 Posts

@chozofication said:

@jg4xchamp: I own astral chain, haven’t played it yet but what I’ve seen of it seems significantly more detailed than bay 2.

I really must get around to starting that.

Most of the areas you fight barely have anything detail or half the crazy shit that happens in the backgrounds of Bayonetta 2.

And your combat encounters aren't nearly as aggressive or filled with as many enemies.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20036 Posts

@chozofication: You should... Astral Chain was my GOTY last year. It's excellent 👍

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4204 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@drummerdave9099 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Whatcha wanna bet?

I bet you $1, bro. You better not win, i need it for my crack dose.

You don't seem very confident.