Just signed up for PS now, seems like a pretty good deal?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Got my free weak. Anyway I wasn’t aware you could download the games, I thought it was just streaming. So PS now is basically gamepass? Why does gamepass have so much more good word of mouth? The two services seem pretty equal library wise. I know MS promises the moon, but considering what’s on now.

What do you think SW? Is PS now for you?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Firstly and most importantly, GP offers all 1st party games on launch day. ;o

Secondly I don't think most games are down loadable on BS Now. :P

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sushiglutton

@SecretPolice said:

I just dowloaded five games right off the bat. I don’t know, the downloadable list seems pretty extensive. Problem for GP is that there are not that many FP games atm. Granted once Bethesda gets going there will be.

Anyway I think either service is a win for me, compared to buying games as I normally do. Both in terms of money, but also in terms of experimentation.

Do you hav GP Spolice?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice

@Sushiglutton said:
@SecretPolice said:

I just dowloaded five games right off the bat. I don’t know, the downloadable list seems pretty extensive. Problem for GP is that there are not that many FP games atm. Granted once Bethesda gets going there will be.

Anyway I think either service is a win for me, compared to buying games as I normally do. Both in terms of money, but also in terms of experimentation.

Do you hav GP Spolice?

Yep, enjoy it my friend, I haven't bought a game since joining GP, so yes I've had GP from the beginning and loving it since new games I've never even tried hit GP all the time and many I would have thought I'd never have interest in, I've completed. Good stuff. ;)

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Amazing you have to ask these questions and didn't know you could download the games. Just goes to show Sony has done a pretty piss poor job with the PS now messaging.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

There are actually a LOT more games on PS Now... it's actually not even close. That said, a lot of them are older games and some don't offer any online services even if they did when they launched. Game Pass is more about getting to play newer 1st party and select 3rd party games on Xbox and in that regard it isn't close either. So the question is, do you want more old (PS) or less new? (Xbox)

I think most would choose the later. That said, if SONY starts offering some new games or bigger hitters then SONY can probably close the gap rather quickly.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sushiglutton

@SecretPolice said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@SecretPolice said:

Do you hav GP Spolice?

Yep, enjoy it my friend, I haven't bought a game since joining GP, so yes I've had GP from the beginning and loving it since new games I've never even tried hit GP all the time and many I would have thought I'd never have interest in, I've completed. Good stuff. ;)

That sounds like I imagine it to be 😁! If I get a PC I’d def go for GP. Glad you enjoy it!

It’s cool that you can easily discover smaller games and new genres.

@gym_lion said:

Amazing you have to ask these questions and didn't know you could download the games. Just goes to show Sony has done a pretty piss poor job with the PS now messaging.

It could be I’m a moron. I mean there is always that possibility! But I do think they have marketed it mostly as a streaming service?

@WitIsWisdom said:

There are actually a LOT more games on PS Now... it's actually not even close. That said, a lot of them are older games and some don't offer any online services even if they did when they launched. Game Pass is more about getting to play newer 1st party and select 3rd party games on Xbox and in that regard it isn't close either. So the question is, do you want more old (PS) or less new? (Xbox)

I think most would choose the later. That said, if SONY starts offering some new games or bigger hitters then SONY can probably close the gap rather quickly.

I filtered for downloadable games and there is a decent chunk. But like you say there are not too many heavy hitters (days gone, resident evil 7 are probably the biggest).

So yeah GP is clearly better. But PS now should not be overlooked if you like to game for cheap and play a mix of AAA, indies and retro games as I do.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

gamepass....what ps now wishes it could be

HaH

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

There are more than 300 games to download on PS now while is not all of them, that way more than MS 100+ games, way more.

Day 1 is good would be better if MS actually had better quality day one releases.

@Sushiglutton said:

Got my free weak. Anyway I wasn’t aware you could download the games, I thought it was just streaming. So PS now is basically gamepass? Why does gamepass have so much more good word of mouth? The two services seem pretty equal library wise. I know MS promises the moon, but considering what’s on now.

What do you think SW? Is PS now for you?

Because MS was giving the service for 1, and if you had live you could switch pretty cheap.

Game wise PS Now has more than 700 games of those more than 300 can be downloaded MS has 100+ games is not even close, oh and your PS Now allow you to play online free on those games as well, on GP it requires ultimate + is much cheaper.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

I have PS Now, it's okay for older titles, but it's a far, far cry from Game Pass which has all first party titles available on launch as well as a ton of other new games when they release. Most the PS Now stuff is PS3 or earlier.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Not for me since I own hundreds of PS games already.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

PSNow offers downloads on certain games, whereas Gamepass isn't a streaming service. MS is launching Xcloud for their streaming and it's being implemented as a tie-in, from what I can see.

As it is, GP beats PSNow IMO.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7196 Posts

PSnow pretty much sucks. Those old games cost a couple bucks to own now. GamePass gives you new first party and third party games.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@Sushiglutton: I've been trying to say this. PSnow is a good deal... probably better than gamepass. If you don't have PSplus, no worries, because it isn't needed. $60/year is a good price also. I've looked at both services and the games offered aren't that different in quality. Actually PSnow has better quality games, they are just older. Gamepass has some games day one if that's your thing. Over 350 downloadable, over 800 streamable. Good stuff, enjoy.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JoshRMeyer
@lundy86_4 said:

PSNow offers downloads on certain games, whereas Gamepass isn't a streaming service. MS is launching Xcloud for their streaming and it's being implemented as a tie-in, from what I can see.

When you say "certain games" you mean almost half of them? Like over 350? lol I like the option to stream or DL since some games I just wanna quickly try out. If I like it, I'll then DL it. No need to clog up HDD space or wait for download.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lundy86_4

@joshrmeyer said:
@lundy86_4 said:

When you say "certain games" you mean almost half of them? Like over 350? lol

Sure? I'm not sure why that's a point of contention.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JoshRMeyer

@tormentos: Change your 700 to 800 ;) It just keeps getting bigger and somehow cheaper.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JoshRMeyer

@lundy86_4: It just sounded like you were saying only a few were downloadable. I believe every PS4 game is downloadable in case anyone is wondering.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lundy86_4

@joshrmeyer said:

@lundy86_4: It just sounded like you were saying only a few were downloadable. I believe every PS4 game is downloadable in case anyone is wondering.

Gotcha. I can see that, but it wasn't the case. I was unaware of the total number, thus I stipulated certain games were downloadable.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Isn’t psnow mostly older ps4 games and ps3 games you can only stream?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice

@mesome713 said:

PSnow pretty much sucks. Those old games cost a couple bucks to own now. GamePass gives you new first party and third party games.

^^^^^

Tonycapil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Tonycapil
Member since 2014 • 29 Posts

@Sushiglutton: I have gamepass for my PC and its of good value for sure. For me I'm going with PS5 for exclusives and my PC for everything else. I do have 3 XsX and Ps5's on order also for my kids.