Just got my 80 gig PS3..WOW!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts

OKay I've talked in the past several times about making the switch from 360 to PS3. I was really bored with my 360 and decided to get a PS3 today. I got the 80 gig with 5 games. Killzone 2,Resistance2,GTP,Dead Space and Nascar 09. Next up is Uncharted 1 and then 2 when it comes out! Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are just off the charts when comparing them to any 360 game. I always doubted before but now that I've played them I wont hesitate to say I feel like i'm playing BEYOND! I know alot of 360 fanboys will try and attack me but hey thats okay! I'm happier with the PS3 and Life with PS is amazing as well!

Avatar image for freemultiplayer
freemultiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freemultiplayer
Member since 2009 • 99 Posts
Definitely get Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank. They're great games and it appears that you like shooters. I'd reccomend checking out Crash Comando on PSN as well.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
okay but how do we know you're not a mole from sony's pr department?????
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

This would make an interesting blog entry.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

why would you get that now that the 120 gig slim is out for the same price?

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

Hanass

Only if his 360 exploded out of jealousy :P

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts

OKay I've talked in the past several times about making the switch from 360 to PS3. I was really bored with my 360 and decided to get a PS3 today. I got the 80 gig with 5 games. Killzone 2,Resistance2,GTP,Dead Space and Nascar 09. Next up is Uncharted 1 and then 2 when it comes out! Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are just off the charts when comparing them to any 360 game. I always doubted before but now that I've played them I wont hesitate to say I feel like i'm playing BEYOND! I know alot of 360 fanboys will try and attack me but hey thats okay! I'm happier with the PS3 and Life with PS is amazing as well!

Patriot298
What's your PSN? Personally, I hated Killzone 2.. felt very...meh
micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts
You should definitely check out Uncharted 1 before Uncharted 2 hits, awesome game imo :)
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GunSmith1_basic
that's not what I'm saying btw
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
okay but how do we know you're not a mole from sony's pr department?????GunSmith1_basic
He's a level 29 and over 1000 posts. I'm sure moles from Sony's PR department have much better things to do.
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hanass

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

GunSmith1_basic

translation: shut up and eff off

No, the real meaning is: your post is totally off topic. It has nothing to do with SW.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GunSmith1_basic
[QUOTE="Hanass"]

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="Hanass"]

translation: shut up and eff off

No, the real meaning is: your post is totally off topic. It has nothing to do with SW.

no actually that pretty much exactly what system wars is about. The guy is saying that the strength of ps3 exclusives is underrated. Saying someone to blog something is telling them to file their opinions away where no one can here them. I always thought "blog it" was rude
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hanass

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"] translation: shut up and eff offGunSmith1_basic

no actually that pretty much exactly what system wars is about. The guy is saying that the strength of ps3 exclusives is underrated. Saying someone to blog something is telling them to file their opinions away where no one can here them. I always thought "blog it" was rude

"8. Blog threads. You generally won't actually be moderated for these but your thread will be locked. Common examples of blog threads that will be locked here are "My 360 just got the RROD and now I want to tell the whole world about it", "I just traded my 360 for a PS3", or "I just bought a Wii." Fascinating as these are, they're best suited for your blog." - CaseyWegener

Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

Patriot298

Awesome man, glad you're enjoying it, it really is an amazing piece of equipment. I agree with the previous poster, Uncharted is a must, and we got a killer string of games coming up here in the next year or two. 8)

Welcome to the Dark Side.:twisted:

Gangstah-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gangstah-Fresh
Member since 2009 • 510 Posts
Get MGs4, and don't worry if you're a noob to the series the forth one was the only one I played and I enjoyed it. Congrats on your purchase bud. I don't get why people are getting depressed over this guy buying a PS3 lmao.
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GunSmith1_basic

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="Hanass"]

Hanass

"8. Blog threads. You generally won't actually be moderated for these but your thread will be locked. Common examples of blog threads that will be locked here are "My 360 just got the RROD and now I want to tell the whole world about it", "I just traded my 360 for a PS3", or "I just bought a Wii." Fascinating as these are, they're best suited for your blog." - CaseyWegener

i stand corrected, but I still think "blog it" is rude, although I can see people being frustrated with clutter on a popular board like this.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 GrilledCharlie
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts
Get MGs4, and don't worry if you're a noob to the series the forth one was the only one I played and I enjoyed it. Congrats on your purchase bud. I don't get why people are getting depressed over this guy buying a PS3 lmao. Gangstah-Fresh
You're better off buying $50 worth of blurays. At least then you choose to watch hours of video instead of getting tricked into it.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

You always like new things, so no surprise that you'd like the PS3 over the 360 the day you got it.

Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Patriot298

Well I guess I could have titled it something else. These mods with all due respect lock stuff out of being power happy sometimes. I can blog it no biggie. No, I'm nota Sony fanboy. Gamertag is patriot298 and I'm looking for psn friends. I'm a little rusty because of adjusting from the 360 controller to the PS3. I'm gonna buy the PS3 shadow controller to fix that. Has nothing to do with the first day as I had a PS3 a while ago.

Gangstah-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gangstah-Fresh
[QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"]Get MGs4, and don't worry if you're a noob to the series the forth one was the only one I played and I enjoyed it. Congrats on your purchase bud. I don't get why people are getting depressed over this guy buying a PS3 lmao. GrilledCharlie
You're better off buying $50 worth of blurays. At least then you choose to watch hours of video instead of getting tricked into it.

Yes, a $50 blu ray movie got rated a 9.5 or above on every major gaming site due to it being non interactive. Why do people that don't play these games hate? I mean was your comment necessary?
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

I lol'd at the "I feel like i'm playing BEYOND!" part. What does that mean, exactly? :?

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shattered007
So, you just got your PS3 and listed the game you have for it....yet on your profile you rated Assassin's Creed .5 lower on the PS3 version than the 360? Fanboy much?
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I lol'd at the "I feel like i'm playing BEYOND!" part. What does that mean, exactly? :?

Doolz2024

You never know, you just do :oops:

Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Patriot298

So, you just got your PS3 and listed the game you have for it....yet on your profile you rated Assassin's Creed .5 lower on the PS3 version than the 360? Fanboy much?Shattered007

No, I used to be kinda 360 fanboy. I will change all that soon. :)

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

treedoor

You never know, you just do :oops:

Well, I have a PS3, so I guess I've been "playing beyond" for almost 3 years now. :lol:

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shattered007

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"][QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"]Get MGs4, and don't worry if you're a noob to the series the forth one was the only one I played and I enjoyed it. Congrats on your purchase bud. I don't get why people are getting depressed over this guy buying a PS3 lmao. Gangstah-Fresh

Yes, a $50 blu ray movie got rated a 9.5 or above on every major gaming site due to it being non interactive. Why do people that don't play these games hate? I mean was your comment necessary?

Look, I love MGS4 more than anyother title out right now except GTA4. But just because it was rated high doesn't mean it's for everyone and dispite their ratings, the cut scenes were kinda rediculous.

Note that there's an awared for beating MGS4 in under 5 hours (my first playthoough was on Nekid nomal...I think that's the name anyway) and it took me 7 hours. There is 9 hours of cut-scenes in MGS4...unless you know what you're getting in, rent it...

Gangstah-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gangstah-Fresh
[QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] You're better off buying $50 worth of blurays. At least then you choose to watch hours of video instead of getting tricked into it.Shattered007

Look, I love MGS4 more than anyother title out right now except GTA4. But just because it was rated high doesn't mean it's for everyone. and dispite thr rating he cut scenes were kinda rediculous. Not, that there's an awared for beating MGS4 in under 5 hours (my first playthoough was on Nekid nomal...I think that's the name anyway) and it took me 7 hours. There is 9 hours of cut-scenes in MGS4...unless you know what you're getting in, rent it...

My point was, would MGS4 get rated high if it didn't have any gameplay? I did not say that the rating automatically means people will automatically like it. Come on, read my post before commenting on it lol.
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts
Definitely get Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank. They're great games and it appears that you like shooters. I'd reccomend checking out Crash Comando on PSN as well.freemultiplayer
this, and if your canadian you can get both for 40 at best buy im thinking of getting those games myself.
GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GrilledCharlie

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"][QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"]Get MGs4, and don't worry if you're a noob to the series the forth one was the only one I played and I enjoyed it. Congrats on your purchase bud. I don't get why people are getting depressed over this guy buying a PS3 lmao. Gangstah-Fresh

It was completely necessary. I want people to get the most for their money, and MGS4 is not it. I'm bitter because I own the game, and I feel like I wasted my money on it. When I put a video game into my PS3, I'm looking more for the game part, not the video. Also, you can get several blurays for $50.

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shattered007
[QUOTE="Shattered007"][QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"] Yes, a $50 blu ray movie got rated a 9.5 or above on every major gaming site due to it being non interactive. Why do people that don't play these games hate? I mean was your comment necessary? Gangstah-Fresh
Look, I love MGS4 more than anyother title out right now except GTA4. But just because it was rated high doesn't mean it's for everyone. and dispite thr rating he cut scenes were kinda rediculous. Not, that there's an awared for beating MGS4 in under 5 hours (my first playthoough was on Nekid nomal...I think that's the name anyway) and it took me 7 hours. There is 9 hours of cut-scenes in MGS4...unless you know what you're getting in, rent it...

My point was, would MGS4 get rated high if it didn't have any gameplay?

Well, it kinda did... no other devs could have done this and got scores like that...even if it were better than MGS4's story...
Gangstah-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gangstah-Fresh

[QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] You're better off buying $50 worth of blurays. At least then you choose to watch hours of video instead of getting tricked into it.GrilledCharlie

It was completely necessary. I want people to get the most for their money, and MGS4 is not it. I'm bitter because I own the game, and I feel like I wasted my money on it. When I put a video game into my PS3, I'm looking more for the game part, not the video. Also, you can get several blurays for $50.

You do know you can skip the cutscenes right? Also, how much decent blurays can you possibly pick up for $50?
GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GrilledCharlie

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"]

[QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"] Yes, a $50 blu ray movie got rated a 9.5 or above on every major gaming site due to it being non interactive. Why do people that don't play these games hate? I mean was your comment necessary? Gangstah-Fresh

You do know you can skip the cutscenes right? Also, how much decent blurays can you possibly pick up for $50?

You can buy 3-4 good blurays on amazon for right around $50. Amazon is THE place for blurays. Last week I bought 8 blurays for $100.

Gangstah-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gangstah-Fresh

[QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] It was completely necessary. I want people to get the most for their money, and MGS4 is not it. I'm bitter because I own the game, and I feel like I wasted my money on it. When I put a video game into my PS3, I'm looking more for the game part, not the video. Also, you can get several blurays for $50.

GrilledCharlie

You can buy 3-4 good blurays on amazon for right around $50. Amazon is THE place for blurays. Last week I bought 8 blurays for $100.

I am definitely going to check that out. Let's hope the savings are like that on the Canadian site.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

Well I guess I could have titled it something else. These mods with all due respect lock stuff out of being power happy sometimes. I can blog it no biggie. No, I'm a Sony fanboy. Gamertag is patriot298 and I'm looking for psn friends. I'm a little rusty because of adjusting from the 360 controller to the PS3. I'm gonna buy the PS3 shadow controller to fix that. Has nothing to do with the first day as I had a PS3 a while ago.

Patriot298
add me on PSN :D i have both killzone 2 and resistance 2, and i should be getting uncharted 2.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SilverChimera

[QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] It was completely necessary. I want people to get the most for their money, and MGS4 is not it. I'm bitter because I own the game, and I feel like I wasted my money on it. When I put a video game into my PS3, I'm looking more for the game part, not the video. Also, you can get several blurays for $50.

GrilledCharlie

why don't you skip the cutscenes instead of ****ing about them
GameHog9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GameHog9
Member since 2008 • 1052 Posts

PSN: JAD-MR

Im usually on KZ2 (JUST GOT SNIPER!!!!! :D :D :D ) and BF 43.

I have Warhawk and Fat Princess, but im not on that much, especially on Warhawk (do yourself a favor and skip that one). No offence Warhakw fans, its good, but BF 43 slaughters it IMO.

I also have SOCOM, but Im barely making the switch from KZ2 to that, so im just a phantom there.

Hope I see you around :)

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GrilledCharlie

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"]

[QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"] You do know you can skip the cutscenes right? Also, how much decent blurays can you possibly pick up for $50? Gangstah-Fresh

I am definitely going to check that out. Let's hope the savings are like that on the Canadian site.

Just a little Amazon tip. Go through their entire bluray collection, and put every last bluray that you might possibly consider buying in your cart. Then go to your cart and click on save for later on all of those blurays. Now, whenever you sign into your amazon accout and check your cart, it will have updates on price increases and decreases of items in your saved cart. Example: I had Terminator 2 in my cart. I checked my cart one day, and it was $17, which is a good price anyway. I checked it the next day, and it was $8! If you spend over $25 then you get free shipping. Also, they often have deals on certain blurays. Usually, buy 2 get 1 free. No, I don't work for Amazon. I'm just a happy customer that got tired of paying $30 for blurays at Wal-mart and Bestbuy. Thanks to Amazon, my bluray collection has grown considerably. I never pay more than $17 for any bluray, unless it is a new releas that I have to have.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GrilledCharlie

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"]

[QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"] You do know you can skip the cutscenes right? Also, how much decent blurays can you possibly pick up for $50? SilverChimera

What if I like story lines in games? Which I do. I just don't like several hours of story in an action game. It's my fault. I should have rented it first. I was blinded by the great reviews.

Gangstah-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gangstah-Fresh

[QUOTE="Gangstah-Fresh"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] You can buy 3-4 good blurays on amazon for right around $50. Amazon is THE place for blurays. Last week I bought 8 blurays for $100.

GrilledCharlie

Just a little Amazon tip. Go through their entire bluray collection, and put every last bluray that you might possibly consider buying in your cart. Then go to your cart and click on save for later on all of those blurays. Now, whenever you sign into your amazon accout and check your cart, it will have updates on price increases and decreases of items in your saved cart. Example: I had Terminator 2 in my cart. I checked my cart one day, and it was $17, which is a good price anyway. I checked it the next day, and it was $8! If you spend over $25 then you get free shipping. Also, they often have deals on certain blurays. Usually, buy 2 get 1 free. No, I don't work for Amazon. I'm just a happy customer that got tired of paying $30 for blurays at Wal-mart and Bestbuy. Thanks to Amazon, my bluray collection has grown considerably. I never pay more than $17 for any bluray, unless it is a new releas that I have to have.

Well thanks for that I am definitely going to set up an account for the site the second I get bored of these forums. I guess you learn something new everyday.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SilverChimera

[QUOTE="SilverChimera"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] You can buy 3-4 good blurays on amazon for right around $50. Amazon is THE place for blurays. Last week I bought 8 blurays for $100.

GrilledCharlie

What if I like story lines in games? Which I do. I just don't like several hours of story in an action game. It's my fault. I should have rented it first. I was blinded by the great reviews.

eh, i guess. i got annoyed by them in the beginning, but they were too awesome to skip.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Sounds lacking unless of course, you've seem the 4D... well have you?
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

Congrats, i highly suggest you give ratchet and clank a try(could just wait for new one in october), infamous, and it looks like you enjoy racing games so definatly motorstorm pacific rift, its my favorite racing game this gen so far. I would suggest more but there are so many games comming out by the end of the year your better off just waiting.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#44 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Hanass
but a more interesting thread
rwbojorquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rwbojorquez
Member since 2003 • 1031 Posts

why would you get that now that the 120 gig slim is out for the same price?

dragonfly110

Does Cow ring any bells?

ac_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 ac_90
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

it's good how you say you're happier with the ps3 when you've played it for less than a day