Just curious. How many here at SW have completed all of the Soulsborne games?

• 62 results
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@princeofshapeir said:

I haven't beaten every piece of content for two of the games.

Dark Souls 2 - haven't beaten all of the DLCs yet just because I don't like the game itself that much and everytime I try to get back into it I find myself wishing I was playing another game in the series instead.

Bloodborne - haven't beaten all of the Chalice Dungeons. It frustrates me how one of my favorite games this generation locks a lot of unique bosses behind a pretty boring piece of side content. Chalice dungeons are an interesting idea but they're executed poorly due to very static, predictable level design. And as you get to the later dungeons a lot of the enemy placement becomes cheap and boring. It's like the complete opposite of the brilliant main game.

Every other game though, played multiple times to full completion

As far as I'm concerned the chalice dungeons don't exist and are not part of completion for bloodborne.

Such a trash idea and hiding new bosses in that grind fest...fuq dat.

Dude, what? How are the chalice dungeons "not part of completion" in your opinion when the hardest boss in the game is within said dungeons? They are absolutely part of completing the game, which is why you need to go through them to get the platinum.

It's tedious, grindy, and an over all half-assed idea. Sorry but it doesn't count. And fuq dem for hiding legit bosses inside that randomly generated boring mess. I'm not talking about platinum trophies. In my mind, they don't count, and I completed bloodborne 100%. No other souls borne game had that trash and I hope they never try anything that dumb again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@princeofshapeir said:

Dark Souls 2 - haven't beaten all of the DLCs yet just because I don't like the game itself that much and everytime I try to get back into it I find myself wishing I was playing another game in the series instead.

Bloodborne - haven't beaten all of the Chalice Dungeons. It frustrates me how one of my favorite games this generation locks a lot of unique bosses behind a pretty boring piece of side content. Chalice dungeons are an interesting idea but they're executed poorly due to very static, predictable level design. And as you get to the later dungeons a lot of the enemy placement becomes cheap and boring. It's like the complete opposite of the brilliant main game.

As far as I'm concerned the chalice dungeons don't exist and are not part of completion for bloodborne.

Dude, what? How are the chalice dungeons "not part of completion" in your opinion when the hardest boss in the game is within said dungeons? They are absolutely part of completing the game, which is why you need to go through them to get the platinum.

It's tedious, grindy, and an over all half-assed idea. Sorry but it doesn't count. And fuq dem for hiding legit bosses inside that randomly generated boring mess. I'm not talking about platinum trophies. In my mind, they don't count, and I completed bloodborne 100%. No other souls borne game had that trash and I hope they never try anything that dumb again.

Well, I mean, if you just want to ignore the existence of a large section of the game and pretend you beat all the bosses in the game, that's cool, I guess. And I won't argue with you that the chalice dungeons are tedious, because they absolutely are. It was hell going through them. But that is kind of the point. You have to work hard to truly finish the game. When you eventually do it, it's pretty satisfying. Getting the chance to fight Watchdog alone is worth it. Epic battle.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

Me. Bloodborne was the best one too. Its combat, lore, and atmosphere elevated the formula to new heights for me and was a far more consistent experience than the original Dark Souls which had quite a few bad areas post O&S.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Bread_or_Decide

@reduc_ab_ said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@princeofshapeir said:

Well, I mean, if you just want to ignore the existence of a large section of the game and pretend you beat all the bosses in the game, that's cool, I guess. And I won't argue with you that the chalice dungeons are tedious, because they absolutely are. It was hell going through them. But that is kind of the point. You have to work hard to truly finish the game. When you eventually do it, it's pretty satisfying. Getting the chance to fight Watchdog alone is worth it. Epic battle.

I wish they had placed those bosses in other areas of the game. I wish I could face them on the field of battle.

Alas, the way to do it just doesn't seem worth it to me. And yeah I'm being delusional and making up my own rules to satisfy my own reasons for not doing them.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Sadly no... I really want to get back into Bloodborne though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#56  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I have

I also beat Nioh

edit: More specifically, I have beaten the Artorias of the Abyss DLC (DS1) and The Old Hunters DLC (BB). I havent played the DS2 DLC or DS3 DLC

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Bread_or_Decide

I'm surprised so many haven't beaten all the DS games.

TWIST: system wars is filled with filthy casuals.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@Bread_or_Decide said:

I'm surprised so many haven't beaten all the DS games.

TWIST: system wars is filled with filthy casuals.

To be fair, I wouldn't say that not playing DS games makes one a casual. But I would definitely say that a casual wouldn't touch a DS game.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I love them but if I'm honest I do find them difficult. They require a level of concentration I rarely give to games these days, so while I've completed a few of them I usually get so far and then put them to one side for later. I just really enjoy them up to that point.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

beat them all

demons

dark on ps3 and pc

dark 2 on pc and ps4

bb

dark 3 on ps4, only once though, haven't completed pc version. Also I haven't completed the last dlc. I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

The last DLC for DS3 has arguably the two hardest bosses in the game. You'd be missing out on that.

That could be the case. I saw it in a video, and he was kinda like other dark souls 3 bosses: a mix of gwyn and fume knight.

Still, not really clamoring to play through it. Also, none of the bosses are really "hard" in dark souls especially 3, where you can roll for days with little consequence. There's just a lot of memorization.

To clarify what I mean, a difficult boss is like nightmare in DMC. Deflecting his round-trip back at him is very technical as well as high risk and reward, where as in dark souls the technical portion of bosses can be avoided with patience.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#61 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

FromSoft's games, yes.

The imitations, no. I have both Nioh and Lords of the Fallen, but I only plan on playing through Nioh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@X_CAPCOM_X: That's why the best way to fight bosses is with no armor, magic or shields etc etc. Dodging becomes lifesaving. And Dark Souls becomes spiritual.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I've played and fully completed Dark Souls 1-3 but never played Bloodborne or Demon Souls since they were exclusive to Sony platforms, which I don't own...