Just Cause 2 next Game with Gold on XBL

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Finally something very decent and a game I haven't played but I wanted to - very badly. I hope this calibre of games will become standard now.

It is as good as confirmed, it is not the original source of the news, though but I couldn't be bothered to unearth it anew:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Free-Just-Cause-2-Coming-to-Games-with-Gold-in-January-Report-412046.shtml

BTW State of Decay is 50% off on XBL today! I've been waiting specifically for this deal and finally it happened so now I got to bought it.

It is a lousy sale period overall, but I got some good things, still, like Bully, Trials HD, State of Decay, Fez, Brothers, etc.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts

Yeah, who knows.

As long as it's a coop game I haven't played, I'm good.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Well that's more like it.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Finally something very decent and a game I haven't played but I wanted to - very badly. I hope this calibre of games will become standard now.

It is as good as confirmed, it is not the original source of the news, though but I couldn't be bothered to unearth it anew:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Free-Just-Cause-2-Coming-to-Games-with-Gold-in-January-Report-412046.shtml

BTW State of Decay is 50% off on XBL today! I've been waiting specifically for this deal and finally it happened so now I got to bought it.

It is a lousy sale period overall, but I got some good things, still, like Bully, Trials HD, State of Decay, Fez, Brothers, etc.

It was 75% off yesterday or the day before if i am not mistaken.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Maybe on Steam? I could've sworn there was no deal for Just Cause 2 and I check out deals like a maniac, like I have a phone next to my bed and the first thing I do once I wake up is to check out Major Nelson's blog.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@freedomfreak: JC2 is a single player game.

But yeah, there is a ridiculous amount of fun to be had in Just Cause 2. Just be aware that everything about it beyond the gameplay itself is pretty terrible.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

meanwhile on PS+....

Do i even need to say it?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
@Jakandsigz said:

It was 75% off yesterday or the day before if i am not mistaken.

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

Get on PC for almost the same price instead, get in on the stupid multiplayer nonsense while that's still cookin.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
@El_Zo1212o said:

JC2 is a single player game.

But yeah, there is a ridiculous amount of fun to be had in Just Cause 2. Just be aware that everything about it beyond the gameplay itself is pretty terrible.

I know. I own the game.

Just talking about GwG in general. If it has something coop I don't own yet, it's cool by me.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jakandsigz

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Maybe on Steam? I could've sworn there was no deal for Just Cause 2 and I check out deals like a maniac, like I have a phone next to my bed and the first thing I do once I wake up is to check out Major Nelson's blog.

No on major nelsons blog and or twitter. For XBOX.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jakandsigz

@ShepardCommandr said:

meanwhile on PS+....

Not relevant, PS+ does not "give" you free games. Closest thing to that would be Origin or steam. Or Ouya...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Maybe you are thinking of PS+?...as Just Cause 2 was free a year or two ago. I have been logging into the XBL sales daily but I look at all the platforms just in case so it's all a blur, I have to do a kind of search for the deals on XBL this year.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

meanwhile on PS+....

Not relevant, PS+ does not "give" you free games. Closest thing to that would be Origin or steam. Or Ouya...

Seriously? Really? Really? And XBox gives you free games? He said meanwhile on PS+ with the condition that it's already a paid service gee Idk what do you think?

And also Warthunder, Marvel online, Home, and the PS+ line up, given the condition of a 50$ yearly fee are still a lot more to say than what MS gives.

Your point?

LMAO I don't get it...most of you call yourselves Manticore's (edit) and then when the XBone is bashed you immediately jump your panties into a twist.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Way to splurge microsoft.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lostrib said:

Lets be honest, they're getting better. At least they've made it to 2010 next month.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lostrib

@mems_1224 said:

@lostrib said:

Lets be honest, they're getting better. At least they've made it to 2010 next month.

lol

Wasn't this game like $2-3 on Steam a couple of weeks ago when the Multiplayer Mod dropped on Steam

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Just Cause 2 is pretty awesome, Game with Gold, not so much.

BUT- neither was PSN+ when it started.

soulkeeper90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soulkeeper90
Member since 2004 • 6153 Posts

Based MS showing how it's done to make XBL relevent, don't take notes Sony.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mems_1224

@lostrib said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lostrib said:

lol

Wasn't this game like $2-3 on Steam a couple of weeks ago when the Multiplayer Mod dropped on Steam

Yea but Steam is a different beast. I mean, Tomb Raider was $5 and that came out this year. You're never gonna see those kinds of deals on any console. Hopefully they start to give out better games to compete with PS+, thats about the best we can hope for. People forget that PS+ was garbage for the first year or so.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lostrib

@mems_1224 said:

@lostrib said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lostrib said:

lol

Yea but Steam is a different beast. I mean, Tomb Raider was $5 and that came out this year. You're never gonna see those kinds of deals on any console. Hopefully they start to give out better games to compete with PS+, thats about the best we can hope for. People forget that PS+ was garbage for the first year or so.

I don't think tomb raider was $5 on Steam, but it was on Amazon (and it activates on steam). Well for PS4 it seems PS+ is pretty underwhelming and probably will be for the first year, because it's not like they can give out AAA games right after launch

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Yet you still have to pay for XBL, and Just Cause 2 was on Steam for -75% once, lulz.

£40 of XBL with the rent of the game or approx £3 for full ownership from Steam? It's no brainer.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224

@Cyberdot said:

Yet you still have to pay for XBL, and Just Cause 2 was on Steam for -75% once, lulz.

£40 of XBL with the rent of the game or approx £3 for full ownership from Steam? It's no brainer.

lol fake hermit lol

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 John_Matherson

Steam or XBL, Just Cause 2 is a shiitttttyyy [piece of shit game that I couldn't play neither from gamefly on my PS3 or from my PC so lems can thank MS for once again slapping you guys in your faces

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22882 Posts

I have it on pc, but Ill probably give it a spin on 360... Im filling my 250gb up however... my god, the games on that poor thing.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@Cyberdot said:

lol fake hermit lol

Lol, still living in the past, I see.

I've moved on.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

Steam or XBL, Just Cause 2 is a shiitttttyyy [piece of shit game that I couldn't play neither from gamefly on my PS3 or from my PC so lems can thank MS for once again slapping you guys in your faces

god damn thats alot of pissy.

Also just cause 2 was great.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I already own the game on two platforms (PC and PS3) and with the MP mod that just came out, I'm not sure why anyone would want it on any other platform besides PC. It's a great game, and great offer for anyone who doesn't already have it, but it's $7.49 USD on Steam, and the MP mod alone probably makes that price worth it.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

The game can get pretty boring sometimes

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

lol why would you even want to play this on consoles with the multiplayer mod on PC

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

Did JC2 pee in your vagisil?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 John_Matherson

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@John_Matherson said:

Just cause is the gaming equivalent of being punched in the crotch with a jackhammer while being forced to listen to Nikki Minaj

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

I bought that game for like 6 bucks a couple months ago. And I actually own my copy and I can do anything with it I want. I guess people have to justify spending 60 dollars somehow I suppose, even if its ooooing and awwwwing over a game that is soon to be 4 years old.

It isn't even like you got it for free, you have to buy xbl gold in order to get it. If it was free then every xbl user would get it both silver and gold.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

meh, not a fan of the game. plus, it was already on ps+ a LONG time ago.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

@John_Matherson said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@John_Matherson said:

Just cause is the gaming equivalent of being punched in the crotch with a jackhammer while being forced to listen to Nikki Minaj

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess. But yours is exceptionally stupid

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lostrib

@Gargus said:

I bought that game for like 6 bucks a couple months ago. And I actually own my copy and I can do anything with it I want. I guess people have to justify spending 60 dollars somehow I suppose, even if its ooooing and awwwwing over a game that is soon to be 4 years old.

It isn't even like you got it for free, you have to buy xbl gold in order to get it. If it was free then every xbl user would get it both silver and gold.

Well Playstation fanboys say they get "free" games from PS+ so i guess the xbox fanboys may as well say the same thing

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: I've actually been wanting to get JC2 for awhile, but had completely forgot about it. I heard it was a decent game. At least better then the original. Not sure why Cows care if this game is free on XBL or not. They keep saying you have to pay for XBLto play it, but they also have to pay for PSPlus to rent their FREE games. At least with M$ free games, you can cancel XBL and still play all those free games. Cows are so stupid. Who cares it if was 75% off on STEAM, you still have to pay your ISP to download it and you have to buy it. lol!! Give it a rest.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib

@blackace said:

@Salt_The_Fries: I've actually been wanting to get JC2 for awhile, but had completely forgot about it. I heard it was a decent game. At least better then the original. Not sure why Cows care if this game is free on XBL or not. They keep saying you have to pay for XBLto play it, but they also have to pay for PSPlus to rent their FREE games. At least with M$ free games, you can cancel XBL and still play all those free games. Cows are so stupid. Who cares it if was 75% off on STEAM, you still have to pay your ISP to download it and you have to buy it. lol!! Give it a rest.

yeah but the Steam version has multiplayer :)

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Four years old next March. El oh el. Great game though, about time lems had something decent to play on the con that is XBL Gold.

Is the JC2 MP beta still up on Steam? That's a lot more valuable in 2013.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

Just Cause 2 was a good game. To all that pick it up, I hope you enjoy.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

@El_Zo1212o said:

On consoles,on the PC it´s both a single player and a multiplayer game.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Nothing like adding another On Demand game that was sold for $3.00 or less during their big sale earlier this year.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

@Gargus said:

Still free in the sense that you actually get to keep it.

Anything's better than a glorified rental service. Why?

Because what happens 5-10 years down the road? What happens if you've decided that you don't want to pay for the service or you don't find any value in it anymore? What happens if you switch brands/platforms?

Either you forfeit all of your 'free' games or you keep paying down the line just to retain your access. Sony has a really good scheme going on here. They're going to get a bunch of people roped up in it and that's exactly why MS is trying to follow suit.

It doesn't really concern me either way, I'm just stating my observations here. I'll just stick with the platform that gives me 20+ years of BC, the cheapest games and the occasional freebies. I'm not getting roped up in these subscription schemes. At least not anymore.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@El_Zo1212o said:

For console peasants it is only single player game with horrible graphics and frame rates.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

meanwhile on PS+....

Bioshock Infinite & DMC, hell yeah! PS+ is way ahead of XBL Gold.