Just came back after 1 month........

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts

I see GS has gone from bad to worse guys got banned for telling the truth and now jeff got fired for calling rubbish rubbish. What is going on?? What happed to the highly respected site for hardcore gamers that was GS.

Now I hear that publishers are buying scores with ads and if the score is not high enough they threaten to pull ads. I personnaly have only trusted jeff reviews after last year when he was proved right by calling trash trash. The mods also seemed to come down on users for claiming that GS scores were biased and fanboys claimed only GS scores should count. Now the truth is out in the open no more guessing. GS has been comprimised at the highest levels !!!

So I don't want to hear no more about ownage and flops bases solely on GS scores. I have been gone a while so what scores do we use now or just game rankings ??

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts
A lot want Gamerankings but I disagree. It's going to take two to three weeks to gather all the reviews and I would rather see Gamespots scores as of right now, after Jeff's time at GS.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
I say we shouldn't use anything, but our own opinions.
Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gunraidan
Member since 2007 • 4272 Posts

I say we shouldn't use anything, but our own opinions.smokeydabear076

What are you talking about Gamespot reviews are awesome, especially their Deus Ex review.

TeamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 TeamR
Member since 2002 • 1817 Posts

right on

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ChiChiMonKilla

I agree that your opinion is the determining factor but there has to be some standard or fanboys will be using their opinions as fact. There has to be a site that is respected that we can use as a standard or just use gameranking for now. I can't belive jeff is gone just like that after 10 years.

It's getting harder to get decent reviews/previews seems like AAA games are becoming too common due to pressure from publishers ad money. Seems like we have to go old school word of mouth like in the pre internet days.

flintgijoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 flintgijoe
Member since 2004 • 1954 Posts

I see GS has gone from bad to worse guys got banned for telling the truth and now jeff got fired for calling rubbish rubbish. What is going on?? What happed to the highly respected site for hardcore gamers that was GS.

Now I hear that publishers are buying scores with ads and if the score is not high enough they threaten to pull ads. I personnaly have only trusted jeff reviews after last year when he was proved right by calling trash trash. The mods also seemed to come down on users for claiming that GS scores were biased and fanboys claimed only GS scores should count. Now the truth is out in the open no more guessing. GS has been comprimised at the highest levels !!!

So I don't want to hear no more about ownage and flops bases solely on GS scores. I have been gone a while so what scores do we use now or just game rankings ??

ChiChiMonKilla

Fanboys call GS bias because of the lower scores that it hands out. GS bieng "comprimised" would translate into inflated scores for games to please advertisers, which is clear to see is not the case. The fact that Jeff G is fired if anything, goes to show that the GS editors don't play ball. Stop trying to twist this incident into something it just isn't.

The low scores for Zelda TP, MPC, R & C, ME, HS, Uncharted, etc were all well deserved.

flintgijoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 flintgijoe
Member since 2004 • 1954 Posts

A lot want Gamerankings but I disagree. It's going to take two to three weeks to gather all the reviews and I would rather see Gamespots scores as of right now, after Jeff's time at GS. leviathan91

So many people are saying this. "GameRankings instead of GS because GS has been comprimised!" Misinformed fanboys. Look into who owns GameRankings. Then you will understand just how stupid and pointless it would be to swap GR for GS in reaction to Jeff getting the boot.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts
This is whats happening on other repsected boards : such and such got an 8.5 on gamespot! Other peoples responses : LOL Gamespot OR gamespot scores are credible again? seriosuly, were on gamespot, but there credibility is at an all time low, so the only gamespot scores count arguement, is very flawed.
Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts

Gameranking or Metacritic

seem to be the only scores we go by now

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 smokeydabear076

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]I say we shouldn't use anything, but our own opinions.Gunraidan

What are you talking about Gamespot reviews are awesome, especially their Deus Ex review.

Oh yeah I agree, Halo>>>>>> Deus Ex.;)
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I had hoped...evidently my hopes were unfounded... :cry:
-CMG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -CMG-
Member since 2002 • 4804 Posts

Gamespots a joke. You should have stayed away. Al our time here has been made a mockery by the new management team that thinks its okay to pose as a reputable game site known for giving out the toughest scores on the internet and then selling out to advertisers.

Jeff got fired cause he gave a crap about what he was telling people. We need to respect his act of sacrifice and not put up with this rubbish. This isn't about video games its about TRUTH. About not standing in front of people and pretending you are giving them good advice and give rats A$$ about their interest in this hobby and then lie straight up to them in order to make a buck.

This is a sell out. We are all being lied to. They have gone to extreme measures with Jeff's firing to send the message that if you want to review for Gspot you need to play ball because money drives reviews not the other way around and if lying to the chumps that come here makes a few extra bucks than so be it.

Gspot got sold Out. Thank you Jeff and I am sorry if so many more of us do not stand up for what you did. Remember that even thoughGamespot will probably be affected very little by this many of us understood and spoke out and said HELL NO.

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChiChiMonKilla

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]A lot want Gamerankings but I disagree. It's going to take two to three weeks to gather all the reviews and I would rather see Gamespots scores as of right now, after Jeff's time at GS. flintgijoe

So many people are saying this. "GameRankings instead of GS because GS has been comprimised!" Misinformed fanboys. Look into who owns GameRankings. Then you will understand just how stupid and pointless it would be to swap GR for GS in reaction to Jeff getting the boot.

I know who owns gamerRankings but seeing it is a composite score I have more faith in it than the single score of GS at this point. As for the whole jeff thing I found out and came here to confirm it I felt sure it was a lie. Jeff might have been fat and ugly (sorry jeff I still like you) imo he was the best damn reviewer on this site the last one I could actually trust. Now for a while I have said GS score mean nothing besides jeff's and guys called me a fanboy for it.

I don't think GS can be trusted to provide accurate reviews that I use to purchase games anymore period. I DON'T THINK ANYBODY CAN CLAIM OWNAGE OR SAY GAME xxx FLOPPED BASED ON GS SCORES !!

Now what I was trying to find out because I have been gone a while is what score do you guys use or is that not ironed out yet ??

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 smokeydabear076

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]I say we shouldn't use anything, but our own opinions.ChiChiMonKilla

I agree that your opinion is the determining factor but there has to be some standard or fanboys will be using their opinions as fact. There has to be a site that is respected that we can use as a standard or just use gameranking for now. I can't belive jeff is gone just like that after 10 years.

It's getting harder to get decent reviews/previews seems like AAA games are becoming too common due to pressure from publishers ad money. Seems like we have to go old school word of mouth like in the pre internet days.

The problem is that other sites are probably corrupted too so using a bunch of corrupted reviews to prove your point isn't really going to help much.
DespizingU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DespizingU
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
I didn't even know Jeff got fired? Where's the news on that?
SergeStorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 SergeStorms
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

Gamespots a joke. You should have stayed away. Al our time here has been made a mockery by the new management team that thinks its okay to pose as a reputable game site known for giving out the toughest scores on the internet and then selling out to advertisers.

Jeff got fired cause he gave a crap about what he was telling people. We need to respect his act of sacrifice and not put up with this rubbish. This isn't about video games its about TRUTH. About not standing in front of people and pretending you are giving them good advice and give rats A$$ about their interest in this hobby and then lie straight up to them in order to make a buck.

This is a sell out. We are all being lied to. They have gone to extreme measures with Jeff's firing to send the message that if you want to review for Gspot you need to play ball because money drives reviews not the other way around and if lying to the chumps that come here makes a few extra bucks than so be it.

Gspot got sold Out. Thank you Jeff and I am sorry if so many more of us do not stand up for what you did. Remember that even thoughGamespot will probably be affected very little by this many of us understood and spoke out and said HELL NO.

-CMG-

Amen, Brother. Everything I read on the net points to this. It was a calculated act of intimidation to get rid of the hard core gamer with integrety and let everyone know "play ball or else." I can only hope the people on this site migrate to new places like many of us have already. This site is dead. I am only staying around long enough to make sure the story is kept alive.

The boards are a lot what make Gamespot. If this community goes elsewhere, we can make other boards just as vibrant and fun. Show these idiots that selling out will not pay if your adience leaves. And if you stay, you deserve the stinking pile of lies you get.