Joker finally comes to Smash Bros... April 17th

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (24035 posts) -

https://youtu.be/FmuTGcbu4Kc

And some other updates as well. You hyped, SW? I will be downloading asap!

#2 Edited by watercrack445 (1443 posts) -

No, not hyped

#3 Posted by Techhog89 (3711 posts) -

@jcrame10 Time for you to spin this into a negative

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#4 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1339 posts) -

That's good for persona fans.

I'm boycotting Persona 5S because I'd personally think Persona series's story is weird compared to Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem IMO.

#5 Posted by texasgoldrush (12801 posts) -

I do not know why they did not reveal the second DLC, which is most likely Dragon Quest

I hate Nintendo's DLC strategy here.

#6 Edited by N64DD (11646 posts) -

Just started finally playing xeno 2 with my xeno edition pro controller. I’ll buy season pass for smash at the end of the week.

#7 Posted by Archangel3371 (27570 posts) -

Yeah I’m really looking forward to the new update and Joker character myself.

#8 Posted by Sevenizz (3615 posts) -

Why not Batman or at least Robin? The Joker is kinda random.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#9 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12720 posts) -

No interest in Persona. So far I have no reason to buy the SSB season pass.

#10 Posted by Litchie (23698 posts) -

Not really. But he looks pretty fun and I like the stage. More interested in the stage builder.

#11 Posted by jcrame10 (5029 posts) -

@techhog89: isn’t this mostly information that was confirmed awhile ago? What’s new besides the stage builder update?

#12 Posted by jcrame10 (5029 posts) -

@texasgoldrush: uh oh, @techhog89 isn’t gonna like that

#13 Posted by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@jcrame10 said:

@techhog89: isn’t this mostly information that was confirmed awhile ago? What’s new besides the stage builder update?

Nope. You have already clarified in a thread before you don't even pay attention to the Smash updates and details yet make blind assertions.

They only thing that was confirmed before was that Joker was coming in April. We otherwise are looking at his gameplay and move sets for the first time, as well as the stage. All the new Mii costumes are first-time reveals and so is the stage builder and video editing.

#14 Posted by jaydan (2201 posts) -

I'm pretty damn excited for this update. I've been super excited over the fact Persona is coming to Smash, and it looks like they're really delivering the Persona representation in more ways than I was expecting. I'm really excited for this one.

#15 Posted by DaVillain- (36021 posts) -

Outstanding news and can't wait to try him out.

#16 Posted by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@mclarenmaster18 said:

I'm boycotting Persona 5S because I'd personally think Persona series's story is weird compared to Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem IMO.

You're boycotting a game because you think it has a "weird" story? I might as well start boycotting Final Fantasy because they have dorky hairstyles.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#17 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1339 posts) -

@jaydan said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

You're boycotting a game because you think it has a "weird" story? I might as well start boycotting Final Fantasy because they have dorky hairstyles.

Yeah I got bored of Persona 5 on PS4 and I'd much more prefer Final Fantasy 15 on PS4.

Also instead of playing Kingdom Hearts 3 and Persona 5S, I'd rather play Fire Emblem Three Houses on Switch.

#18 Posted by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@jaydan said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

Yeah I got bored of Persona 5 on PS4 and I'd much more prefer Final Fantasy 15 on PS4.

Also instead of playing Kingdom Hearts 3 and Persona 5S, I'd rather play Fire Emblem Three Houses on Switch.

Well luckily for you, you have the option to play any game your want. There's no need to boycott games with no reason.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
#19 Edited by Eikichi-Onizuka (9192 posts) -

I don't need Joker day one so I'm waiting to see what more of the characters are before I decide whether I buy the season pass or not. If only one or two interest me I'd rather just buy them separately.

@mclarenmaster18 said:

Does not buying something because it just doesn't interest you count as boycotting now?

#20 Posted by Techhog89 (3711 posts) -
@texasgoldrush said:

I do not know why they did not reveal the second DLC, which is most likely Dragon Quest

I hate Nintendo's DLC strategy here.

Probably waiting for E3. They only like to reveal characters at events or in Directs.

@jcrame10 said:

There we go.

@jcrame10 said:

@texasgoldrush: uh oh, @techhog89 isn’t gonna like that

????

#21 Posted by mojito1988 (3531 posts) -

I'm hyped for the stage builder. I do like building things.

#22 Posted by jcrame10 (5029 posts) -

@jaydan said:
@jcrame10 said:

Nope. You have already clarified in a thread before you don't even pay attention to the Smash updates and details yet make blind assertions.

They only thing that was confirmed before was that Joker was coming in April. We otherwise are looking at his gameplay and move sets for the first time, as well as the stage. All the new Mii costumes are first-time reveals and so is the stage builder and video editing.

lol, cool beans I guess

#23 Posted by DoomNukem3D (166 posts) -

I'm afraid to touch Persona 5 after playing some of Persona 4 and finding it insultingly bad. People say P5 improved on a lot of important areas but I'm still unsure.

Getting Dragon Quest characters would please me though.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#24 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24035 posts) -

Just tried Joker - he's pretty good! Love how they have a few different songs from Persona 5 and I even heard one from Persona 4 that I really like.

#25 Posted by DocSanchez (5213 posts) -

A character gets added to an old fighting game and this is big news to Nintendo fans.

#26 Edited by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@DocSanchez said:

A character gets added to an old fighting game and this is big news to Nintendo fans.

Buckle up your trousers because you might be hard-pressed to know Smash Ultimate is new as of late last year. And no need to talk down on the excitement of DLC when people get just as excited for DLC with other games.

And an old fighting game? It's not old as Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter or Soul Calibur. So I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with your blatant shit-posting.

#27 Posted by DocSanchez (5213 posts) -

@jaydan: "buckle up your trousers"? Hot diggity its 1895.

New game.

5 month old game.

Pick one.

And in no way is one single character dlc news. Its barely news for a Nintendo fan site let alone system wars.

I remember when the sheep used to boast daily that Nintendo would never resort to offering DLC. It was greedy and Nintendo was above it. Now? Every single microtransaction is massive news on a par with a new console release. Pathetic U turns every time just like with online and VR.

#28 Posted by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@DocSanchez said:

@jaydan: "buckle up your trousers"? Hot diggity its 1895.

New game.

5 month old game.

Pick one.

And in no way is one single character dlc news. Its barely news for a Nintendo fan site let alone system wars.

I remember when the sheep used to boast daily that Nintendo would never resort to offering DLC. It was greedy and Nintendo was above it. Now? Every single microtransaction is massive news on a par with a new console release. Pathetic U turns every time just like with online and VR.

You might as well get over yourself. If you are not a fan of Smash and have no arguments to bring to the table, then just leave the topic alone. A five month old game is not an old game, but I can see you tried to be edgy with that claim.

#29 Posted by DocSanchez (5213 posts) -

@jaydan: This not a Nintendo board. this is system wars and I will comment on any thread I want.

I know why there is a disconnect over the age thing though. To a normie 5 months is not a new game because there have been loads of games released in that time. Its yesterdays news. To a nintendo fan 5 months ago was the last scrap Nintendo tossed you. Its new.

#30 Posted by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@DocSanchez said:

@jaydan: This not a Nintendo board. this is system wars and I will comment on any thread I want.

I know why there is a disconnect over the age thing though. To a normie 5 months is not a new game because there have been loads of games released in that time. Its yesterdays news. To a nintendo fan 5 months ago was the last scrap Nintendo tossed you. Its new.

There you go, being an edgelord. I'm aware this is System Wars, and your point? I have not bought many games on any system lately, but five months is still not a long time. I know games have come out on both the PS4 and Switch in that time-frame. Just because games come out in a certain window does not = a game five months ago as an old game. And besides, this is DLC - it would be pretty typical for an "old" game to get DLC by this time.

#31 Posted by Archangel3371 (27570 posts) -

@jaydan: Exactly. Five months most definitely does not make a game “old”. Most dlc for games comes out months later. Some people must really reach some depths trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel to hate on something no matter how hypocritical and out of touch with reality it is.

#32 Posted by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@Archangel3371 said:

@jaydan: Exactly. Five months most definitely does not make a game “old”. Most dlc for games comes out months later. Some people must really reach some depths trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel to hate on something no matter how hypocritical and out of touch with reality it is.

It's the irony @DocSanchez insinuates Nintendo fans are "scrapping the bottom of the barrel" when he's scrapping the bottom of the barrel of [lack-of] arguments. I guess being edgy takes quite a toll.

#33 Posted by DocSanchez (5213 posts) -

@jaydan: stop using stock answers like edgy and edgelord. Not every person who critisises your favourite corporation is trolling you personally.

None of you have justified why a single minor character DLC is news. Youve just thrown a strop instead.

#34 Posted by Archangel3371 (27570 posts) -

@jaydan: Indeed. Given what I’ve seen of his posts when it comes to Nintendo I’m not at all surprised.

#35 Edited by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@DocSanchez said:

@jaydan: stop using stock answers like edgy and edgelord. Not every person who critisises your favourite corporation is trolling you personally.

None of you have justified why a single minor character DLC is news. Youve just thrown a strop instead.

Actually,

It fits the very definition of "news". Just because you say it's not news does not negate the fact it's news. Perhaps it's not news to you because a game like Smash does not resonate with someone like yourself, but it certainly is news to many others. It's also not just a new DLC character added to the game, it was a Spring expansion that added a new stage, new game modes and editing tools.

I'll call you edgy as I please, because that's exactly what you're trying to do here. You are further pushing your edginess because referring Nintendo as a corporation, as if it makes a difference over the corporation you stand behind yourself. Further the hypocrisy of your own post. I personally love Nintendo and Playstation most of all, but it strikes a nerve with you I'll defend Smash over the half-baked arguments you brought to the table.

#36 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20500 posts) -

I'm only in for the new "Beneath the Mask" remix. So good...

#37 Posted by DocSanchez (5213 posts) -

@jaydan: all of this would hold more weight if any other company recieved the same coverage for minor dlc.

You can offer nothing but personal attacks. You call me a hypocrite...because...no idea. You suggest I am being edgy, because you come on system wars and get upset with anything but broad agreement with you. Pathetic. This is why system wars went down the pan. No banter any more.

#38 Posted by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@DocSanchez said:

@jaydan: all of this would hold more weight if any other company recieved the same coverage for minor dlc.

You can offer nothing but personal attacks. You call me a hypocrite...because...no idea. You suggest I am being edgy, because you come on system wars and get upset with anything but broad agreement with you. Pathetic. This is why system wars went down the pan. No banter any more.

Actually, there are other posts in this thread I don't agree with but people are entitled to their opinions. I am calling out the fallacy of your flawed argument. Smash Ultimate is not an old game no matter how you try to spin it - and yet look how far you've been willing to spiral down this hole you got yourself in just because someone told you it's not actually an old game.
Persona 5 is one of my personal favorite games this gen yet I ignore all the subjective hate it gets from a lot of cows, because it's just not worth it to me and does not negate my actual feelings toward the game. But you see, when you bring bad arguments to the table, I might be compelled to counter-argue it. Other games do get attention when there's a successful DLC/expansion launched for them. I've definitely seen it for other games. I can't say as of late major DLC/expansions have been launched for other games with great success, but it certainly happens. Perhaps it just has to do when it's a Nintendo expansion, that's when you cry fallacy like only Nintendo gets this treatment.

#39 Posted by Planeforger (17990 posts) -

@DocSanchez: "Why is this news?"

I'd guess it's because a popular character has just arrived on one of the best selling games of the generation.

Then again, you have a point - Smash Bros Ultimate already has far more content and staying power than just about every other multiplayer game on the consoles, so one DLC addition (even an extremely well polished one) really only makes a brilliant game only a little bit more brilliant.

#40 Posted by DocSanchez (5213 posts) -

@Planeforger: at least this is banter and you dont sound offended.

#41 Posted by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@DocSanchez said:

@Planeforger: at least this is banter and you dont sound offended.

I don't think anyone here is offended besides yourself.

You are offended enough to see a thread like this in System Wars and condescend the Nintendo fans excited for the DLC. You seemed offended over being called out for making edgy posts and half-baked arguments. You say this is System Wars yet you can't seem to take the heat anymore so you instead reply to other posters to indirectly criticize the poster that shut down your arguments. It's okay I see what you did there. :)

#42 Posted by DocSanchez (5213 posts) -

@jaydan: you claim I am offended yet write a small novel every time I post, even when not addressed to you. Its ok. I got bored with you ages ago and were going around in circles. Move on.

#43 Posted by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@DocSanchez said:

@jaydan: you claim I am offended yet write a small novel every time I post, even when not addressed to you. Its ok. I got bored with you ages ago and were going around in circles. Move on.

Oh, you're bored of me ages ago? Then why are you still posting in this thread? I love the whole "write essays/novel" critique people use when they got their arguments shut down. It's pretty flattering you have no more arguments to bring to the table you must hype me as some novelist. You indirectly criticized me in that post towards the other poster you responded to. I know exactly who you think is offended here. But it's definitely not me.

You got your arguments shut down so that damn guy that writes novels must have really grinded your gears. Now I must ask, are you going to still talk to that guy you're bored with? :P

#44 Posted by DoomNukem3D (166 posts) -

If 5 months makes a game old then most of my favorite games are biblical. System elitism is childish and dumb btw.

#45 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

Bad idea . Good thought though.