Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DM9Tp7sXXjUk&ved=0ahUKEwiP7_CurZDeAhXRtlMKHQnACqAQo7QBCC0wCA&usg=AOvVaw01KF-88F6qfrkgFDyAGVWh

RDR2 trailer shows John Marston and it looks/sounds like the original voice actor.

Ps: wheres the Hype thread?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I have been turned off to this game when I learned they are saying 'a 1000 voice actors' I mean first off that is likely completely untrue that they hired 1000 different voice actors and second off even if it is true that shows its likely just a movie game

sorry to divert a bit there I am on a roll

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

I think that RDR2 has john marston.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@tryit: Does having a storyline make it a movie game?

The gameplay to cutscene ratio in RockStar games is like 90% gameplay. What's wrong with a well told story?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: Does having a storyline make it a movie game?

The gameplay to cutscene ratio in RockStar games is like 90% gameplay. What's wrong with a well told story?

I didnt say anything about a storyline where did you get that from?

no..I think I was clear in what I was impliying, I was implying that 'having 1000 voice actors likely makes it a story game' I didnt say anything about a storyline.

the hint in what I meant is in what I said

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

RDR was probably my favourite game last gen so I'm proper hyped for this. Can't wait!

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blackhairedhero

@tryit: Getting different voice actors for 1000s of different NPC's makes it a movie game?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: Getting different voice actors for 1000s of different NPC's makes it a movie game?

again..the hint is in what I said.

I used the word 'likely'

seriously all you have to do to understand what I mean is read what i said so again '1000 voice actors tells me its LIKELY to be a movie game.

- I didnt say anything about story lines

-I didnt say it WILL I said LIKELY

-the best way to get what I am saying is to not read into what I said, just take it at face value

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blackhairedhero

@tryit: Yes it tells me you don't play games and are clueless. Go play your builder sim and shut up.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: Yes it tells me you don't play games and are clueless. Go play your builder sim and shut up.

ok well whatever, I just play these things that are called games about 15-20 hours a week almost every week covering 35 years or so but if you dont want to call them games that is fine with me I dont care.

either way, I am just saying the news about 1000 voice actors actually turned me off to the game. I was already not excited because it looks like its just GTA on horses but the 1000 voice actors just nailed the coffin for me personally.

dont take it so personal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@tryit said:
@blackhairedhero said:

ok well whatever, I just play these things that are called games about 15-20 hours a week almost every week covering 35 years or so but if you dont want to call them games that is fine with me I dont care.

either way, I am just saying the news about 1000 voice actors actually turned me off to the game. I was already not excited because it looks like its just GTA on horses but the 1000 voice actors just nailed the coffin for me personally.

dont take it so personal

There are over 1000 coffins in the game as well and plenty of nails so I don't know what you're on about, why would it be a final one?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TryIt

@boycie said:
@tryit said:
@blackhairedhero said:

dont take it so personal

There are over 1000 coffins in the game as well and plenty of nails so I don't know what you're on about, why would it be a final one?

god damnit .

I saw your post in this article and was about to thank you for not replying to me....damnit stop replying to me please.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Totally loved Red Dead Redemption so I’m definitely hyped for this game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Game indeed looks good. sadly we have to wait for a year or 2 for PC version...

MisterVulpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MisterVulpes
Member since 2018 • 797 Posts

@tryit: Seeing as a huge section of those actors will be voicing dialogue that you ambiently hear during gameplay, your comment doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Game indeed looks good. sadly we have to wait for a year or 2 for PC version...

Which I'm okay with this. I don't mind waiting a year or 2 since we all saw the PC version leak already, we already know it's coming to PC. In the meantime, I have more games I need to play anyways.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Can't wait to get back to skinning those horses, nice horsey stab...

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TryIt

@mistervulpes said:

@tryit: Seeing as a huge section of those actors will be voicing dialogue that you ambiently hear during gameplay, your comment doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

ok first off, I do not believe they hired 1000 indivdual people all to do just voice acting.

I do not believe that there are 1000 people in a multistory building all with offices all involved in only doing voice acting. I worked for a company that has 1000 employees and all in one location, that is a lot of building...a lot

that said, the news be it true or false turns me off to the game because it sounds like to me they are LIKELY (not factually but LIKELY) more focused on story then gameplay

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@boycie: The dude is coocoo for cocoa puffs haha

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@sts106mat: for the most part, ya. Read the other thread about where gaming is now. It's actually funny

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@Chutebox: I don't know why I respond to him.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

@Chutebox: I don't know why I respond to him.

you guys are on the side of

'we actually believe they hired 1000 separate individuals all with the job of doing voice acting'

have you ever seen a building that has 1000 employee it in? I have. how many hours a week do you think each one of those employee practice their role as a voice actor?

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blackhairedhero

@tryit: The guy who played John Marston was never an actual voice actor ( although he did a great job). So I do in fact believe they had 1000 people record dialogue.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure they don’t get these voice actors to come in all at once at any given time.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: The guy who played John Marston was never an actual voice actor ( although he did a great job). So I do in fact believe they had 1000 people record dialogue.

ok the first sentence is your explanation to why you believe that they in fact did hire 1000 people to do voice acting.

what????????????????????

1000 people, each with the main task of 'voice acting' seriously? why? your reason? 'becasue John Marston was never an actual voice actor'?

that is why they need 1000 separate individuals to do voice acting?

not 10, not 100, but a full building with 1000 employees for just that purpose

I just looked up the average sq feet per employee at 151 square feet per. that would be a building 151,000 square feet with nothing other than voice actors.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TryIt

@Archangel3371 said:

I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure they don’t get these voice actors to come in all at once at any given time.

I am no expert either but I serious doubt they are hiring 1000 seperate voice actors. I dont care if they are contract, temp, remote or not.

1000 are you fucking kidding me?

I can see 100 doing maybe 10 voices each...MAYBE...but 1000 voice actors? no

that is silly

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blackhairedhero

@tryit: That's now how it works. You may have 50 people in to record all their lines and be done with the project. They don't sit in a cubicle for the entire development process.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Archangel3371 said:

Exactly. It was most likely out sourced to agencies.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: That's now how it works. You may have 50 people in to record all their lines and be done with the project. They don't sit in a cubicle for the entire development process.

that doesnt matter

again, I dont care if the 1000 people are contract, fulltime, remote, part time or even temporary.

the idea of hiring ONE PERSON to do ONE VOICE is stupid.

its likely 1000 NPC voices and its likely only a small handful of 'voice actors' they are not doing 1000 different hiring contracts under ANY condition, just for 1 voice each. I dont care if they are in the office for just 10 mins

come on people, one person can do more than one 10 second voice

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@tryit: so we got the choice between taking the word of a well known respected company with no reason to lie or some random troll on system war... think I’ll trust Rockstar...

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TryIt

@djoffer said:

@tryit: so we got the choice between taking the word of a well known respected company with no reason to lie or some random troll on system war... think I’ll trust Rockstar...

they have every reason in the world to lie.

but you should not 'take the word' of either.

you should look at the assertion logically and ask yourself if its sounds realistic because it doesnt, it sounds stupid.

it would take more time to work out 1000 separate contracts, and find 1000 desperate 'voice actors' to have then 'act' for just one voice then it would for them to do the task. a few hours to work out a few lines, several days to find the actors and work out contracts and workout pay

its absurd when you think about it.

so I would encourage you to use critical thinking skills, not blind loyality to a company

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@tryit: I would encourage you to learn how the real work works...

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TryIt

@djoffer said:

@tryit: I would encourage you to learn how the real work works...

and why is that?

so I can understand why they would hire 1000 different people to do 1000 different voices instead of having fewer people just to multiple voices?

is that why I should learn how real work works? so I can understand that?

how much talking do you think all those 1000 voices are going to do exactly? dont you think most of them are going to be 3 or 4 words? maybe 10? do you really need to hire one person to do a 10 word dialoge when you already have several voice actors?

that is stupid, they are misleading you. They have 1000 NPCs that have voices, I am rather sure that is what is really going on, if not, then they are stupid.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@tryit said:

I have been turned off to this game when I learned they are saying 'a 1000 voice actors' I mean first off that is likely completely untrue that they hired 1000 different voice actors and second off even if it is true that shows its likely just a movie game

Yeah, I completely agree. More than likely they hired 100-300 voice actors that did multiple characters voices.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#37 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@blackhairedhero: it’s not exclusive so the factions in SW don’t care to make hype threads. Even exclusives hype threads are a joke now. Meta game is dead and there is no spreadsheet that tracks it. This forum is an exchange of “you’re salty; damage controlling” insults and scribbled crying drawings now.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TryIt

@WitIsWisdom said:
@tryit said:

Yeah, I completely agree. More than likely they hired 100-300 voice actors that did multiple characters voices.

exactly.

and at best, in their shop they consider each one of those digital NPCs created as 'actor' that then can be applied to multiple NPCs in the world and didnt think thru how they made the comment.