NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

He's spot on here. Price is not the most important factor for consumers when choosing a console. Xbone being cheaper than PS4 most of this gen proved that. Only the uninformed cheapskates will buy that gimped pile of junk. It's a terrible value even at $299 when you see Sony is offering an actual PS5 minus the disc drive for $100 more.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69366 Posts

Last I checked the Wii destroyed the competition and the Switch is on fire. 🤔

We will see if price matters come this holidays amidst a global downturn.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This guys a friggin beast. This is how you talk trash Aaron Greenberg take some notes.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Damn a Sony executive talking negatively of the competition. More news at 5.

I'm pretty sure after the PR nightmare Sony's been dealing with for all their rampant lying to the consumers, they gotta turn the negative attention elsewhere.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NathanDrakeSwag

@ProtossRushX said:

This guys a friggin beast. This is how you talk trash Aaron Greenberg take some notes.

He's ruthless and a far more worthy successor to Kaz than Layden ever was.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58858 Posts

Price is not important, power is everything.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

Their lies know no limits.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Yes of course, but with all the bullshit/confusing marketing from the MS dillweeds, people still think the series s will do 120fps at 1440p

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Facts about the Wii and Switch being highly successful. I think consumers want games that are fun, first and foremost, and care about graphics last. Why do you think the most popular game of all time is Minecraft? And two of the most popular games as of late is Fall Guys and Among Us. And Fortnite being the most popular battle royale game ever, probably, and also looks the most cartooney of them all?

If Playstation had fun exclusives, I wouldn't care what they looked like. Unfortunately they seem to have retired all their fun IPs long ago and it's why I haven't owned a Playstation since the PS2.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
@uninspiredcup said:

Price is not important.

That bundle was $99 and GC still sold nothing. Wii wasn't a success because of price. It brought something new to the table that grabbed the attention of the masses.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44108 Posts

That’s considered “destroying” something? Seems like just a mild observation to me. 🤷‍♂️

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jaydan

@eoten said:

Facts about the Wii and Switch being highly successful. I think consumers want games that are fun, first and foremost, and care about graphics last. Why do you think the most popular game of all time is Minecraft? And two of the most popular games as of late is Fall Guys and Among Us. And Fortnite being the most popular battle royale game ever, probably, and also looks the most cartooney of them all?

If Playstation had fun exclusives, I wouldn't care what they looked like. Unfortunately they seem to have retired all their fun IPs long ago and it's why I haven't owned a Playstation since the PS2.

"Fun" is not a language Playstation fans speak of.

We all know Sony has been getting bad PR the last couple days for their lying, so they gotta get help from the lowest common denominator of their toxic fanbase to cause an uproar.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@eoten: facts. It's only like 0.01% of gamers thst care about power. The games are what counts.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#14 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

Gamers gonna win.

My opinion is doesn't matter what is most advanced console, most exclusives, better controller, etc.... We gamers are going to be treated with lots of great features and games in the XSX and PS5.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Facts are facts.

Remember the Nintendo 2DS it looked like $10 tiger hand held toy

Remember the Xbox 360 Arcade nobody bought it had no storage space for anything fun you couldn't download anything.

People want a next gen system. They don't want to go half-way with a gimped version.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

It’s damage control for the botched preorder fiasco that went on the other night. Got to turn attention elsewhere so that people stop talking about how messed up the preorder situation was.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@sirk1264 said:

It’s damage control for the botched preorder fiasco that went on the other night. Got to turn attention elsewhere so that people stop talking about how messed up the preorder situation was.

Bingo. The pre order b.s. might be Sony's imitation of the Xbox E3 '13. Ryan is a boss yet ignores what Nintendo has been doing for a long time?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Oh look, a consolite calling other consolites cheapskates.

This is kinda like Civic SI owners turning up their nose at the Civic base model. LOL.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Pedro: if price is all that matters, consumers will just stick to Xbox One S. BTW, if Series S is so next gen, why did they have to get rid of the One X?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Facts are facts.

Remember the Nintendo 2DS it looked like $10 tiger hand held toy

Remember the Xbox 360 Arcade nobody bought it had no storage space for anything fun you couldn't download anything.

People want a next gen system. They don't want to go half-way with a gimped version.

Thank you, Pachter JR.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@Pedro said:

Say it louder please for the people in the back.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@sirk1264: what does Sony have to damage control? The pre-order situation just makes PS5 look in more demand. Let's see if there's anyone going crazy for Series X pre-orders. Stick to talking about minuscule power differences. Would think you guys would know your place in terms of console relevancy by now.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jaydan

@Sagemode87 said:

@sirk1264: what does Sony have to damage control? The pre-order situation just makes PS5 look in more demand. Let's see if there's anyone going crazy for Series X pre-orders. Stick to talking about minuscule power differences. Would think you guys would know your place in terms of console relevancy by now.

I know Sony fans haven't been shy of calling artificial scarcity anti-consumer on other platforms. Gotta own up to these anti-consumer tactics. Regardless of a fanboy's defense, they've been getting lots of bad PR over this.

Also they lied about launching true next-gen games, when in fact most of them are cross-gen and multiplats.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NathanDrakeSwag

@sirk1264 said:

They sold out of preorders within minutes. What's there to damage control?

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

sony are liars

as proved beyond doubt over the last 48 hours.

and the fact ps4 sold more because it was cheaper make it more bollocks from sony

hah

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NathanDrakeSwag

@bluestars said:

sony are liars

as proved beyond doubt over the last 48 hours.

and the fact ps4 sold more because it was cheaper make it more bollocks from sony

hah

It was cheaper for about 5 months. Then $350 Titanfall bundles happened and PS4 outsold it at a higher price.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

Yes of course, but with all the bullshit/confusing marketing from the MS dillweeds, people still think the series s will do 120fps at 1440p

721 posts and counting.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jaydan

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sirk1264 said:

It's amazing when Sony fanboys are so meticulous over every finger a different company lifts yet when it comes to their own company being called-out for their own anti-consumer BS, the fanboys act so clueless.

LOL

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NathanDrakeSwag
@jaydan said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sirk1264 said:

It's amazing when Sony fanboys are so meticulous over every finger a different company lifts yet when it comes to their own company being called-out for their own anti-consumer BS, the fanboys act so clueless.

LOL

I got my preorder in so why should I care? It ain't Sony's fault that some of yall fell asleep behind the wheel.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38732 Posts

Oh look, Sony wasn't saying anything about their specs and only spoke about their ear-audio, SSD and controller vibration (lol i still can't believe a console manufacturer is hyping vibration in 2020) when their 9.2tflops system was miles behind the XSX specs, but now that there's a system below the PS5 specs, they're all confident and are indirectly bragging about their 9.2tflops system.

Disgusting Sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Sony’s Mattrick strikes again. This dude needs to hush. They out here making Trump look honest

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jaydan

@NathanDrakeSwag: Typical self-centered anti-consumer shill's response: "well I got my end of the bargain so why should I care if everyone else takes the L for the company's shady practice!"

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@clone01 said:
@phlop_spencer said:

721 posts and counting.

you have 28 thousand? What's your point? that you've been hanging out on here for 17 years? Are you proud of yourself or something?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

"destroys" is a bit too much but, ok.

That being said, they have an example of a "low priced, reduced spec" ... it's the 20GB PS3.

It had a smaller hard drive, none of the card readers, and no Wi-Fi. Most people bought the 60GBs.

---

However, I do think the Xbox Series S is a *much* better way to provide a "low priced, reduced spec" BUT, it's still almost guaranteed that most launch day / window gamers will choose the premium Series X model. Ex. If the Series X is out of stock, you think people will buy the Series S instead? Heck no.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro:

Last i check the Wii barely destroyed anything it sold like 15 more million units than the PS3 even that it was on launch 250 and the PS3 600.

The PS2 destroyed the gamecube 156 million to 24 millions guess which was cheaper?

Class dismiss.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1844 Posts

Except in Canada and many other countries PS5 costs more than Xbox Series X. The price matters. Not everyone is after 4k resolutions. Some people are ok with 1440p. And you people with Sony avatars are a definition of cringe. What kind of a corporate cock s*cker you must be if you set a corporate logo as your avatar.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I kind of agree. This thing is going will start to struggle with more advanced late gen games. You will have to end up buying another upgrade down the road quicker than you think which reduces the appeal of it being a budget console.

Most budget phones have updates only for three years to keep people buying them. Budget minded people tend to hold on to tech for far longer than most people. MS has to have a safety net to keep them upgrading.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

He says that but what consoles is he referring to?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:
@clone01 said:
@phlop_spencer said:

721 posts and counting.

you have 28 thousand? What's your point? that you've been hanging out on here for 17 years? Are you proud of yourself or something?

Sure, since about 2003. If you want to do the math, that's about half the rate of posts you've made in the proportionate time.

What's wrong with discussing things in a civilized fashion with other like-minded users on a forum? Instead of creating an account to create over 700 trolling posts? I get it, that's your schtick. But don't try to point me out as some loser when your existence here is to get a reaction out of people. That's textbook trolling, and it's a bit sad, IMO.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Looks like Sony’s a lil nervous.

Good. They should be.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@Sagemode87 said:

@Pedro: if price is all that matters, consumers will just stick to Xbox One S. BTW, if Series S is so next gen, why did they have to get rid of the One X?

Let me help you with the obvious

Series X replaces One X

Series S replaces One S

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro
@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Last i check the Wii barely destroyed anything it sold like 15 more million units than the PS3 even that it was on launch 250 and the PS3 600.

The PS2 destroyed the gamecube 156 million to 24 millions guess which was cheaper?

Class dismiss.

Instead of deflecting, please indicate which part of my statement was incorrect. I understand that you are stressed after Sony bitched slapped you but don't let that abuse cloud your judgement. 🤣

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

LOL reading that the first thing that came to mind was Wii and that was the first response. Sony is so desperate right now.

After all the lies they told there fanbase too. So rich. Love seeing Sony continue to fail. This has been a great week!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jaydan

@girlusocrazy said:

@Pedro: The Wii brought in non-gamers, the S is unlikely to do that. The Switch is closer but phones mostly have this covered.

Sales are sales. What did the Playstation brand ever do to deserve such special treatment to not have the same logic applied? If you excluded every non-gamer that bought a Playstation console, then Playstation sales would be significantly less impressive.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38732 Posts

While Sony is shitting on MS, i bet you Phil will close his eyes to it and still praise Sony for doing what they do 🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pedro

@girlusocrazy said:

@Pedro: The Wii brought in non-gamers, the S is unlikely to do that. The Switch is closer but phones mostly have this covered.

I don't know if the S will bring in non-gamers. That is where this portion of my comment comes in

"We will see if price matters come this holidays amidst a global downturn."

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NathanDrakeSwag

@hardwenzen said:

While Sony is shitting on MS, i bet you Phil will close his eyes to it and still praise Sony for doing what they do 🤣🤣🤣

Phil likes being the woman of the relationship. You know his wife wears the pants in that house.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag:

it was cheaper at launch...facts

hah

sony liars

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56041 Posts

@Pedro said:

Brand & what games aka exclusives it has will always win. But that's how I see it for both Nintendo & Sony and this is all my opinion.