Jesus, Sony. Stop it! The console exclusives are already burying the competition this year

• 143 results
Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

The PS4 library for this year is already rolling over its rivals like a monster truck. Noteable quality software this year already along with the Meta scores...

Yakuza 6 83

Ni No Kuni 2 86

Shadow of the Colossus Remake 92

SFV: Arcade Edition 87 (Sure it took a while to get right, but there you go)

Moss 85

Not to mention the best place to play Monster Hunter if you don't want ghost town servers. This isn't fair anymore. This is murder. Even if these games aren't your cup of tea, that's plenty of new or new-ish quality software to offer their userbase. A lot of choose from. And what, like ONE of those has GaaS features? Then top it off with GoW in a month? Right now it's looking like this...

I hope beyond hope, that MS has something up their sleeve this E3 that makes the box worth it. So the box can be attractive on its own for quality content, and not just massive discounts and bargain current gen gaming. But, then again, the spectre of PC will always linger under them.

Switch I'm not so worried about, they'll be getting stuff, and have gotten quality stuff so far. But for consoles right now, who's even giving Sony a challenge as far a quality releases on the platform right now?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Shadow of the Colossus is a good example of a ridiculously simple game (more like an interactive trailer) that gets hyped up like insanity and the kids have no idea even what a good game feels like.

that game looks horrible, like I cant M______ myself I need help

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

lol a niche title not really selling in the west

multiplats x2

A remake

A VR game

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

The PS4 library for this year is already rolling over its rivals like a monster truck. Noteable quality software this year already along with the Meta scores...

Yakuza 6 83

Ni No Kuni 2 86

Moss 85

Not to mention the best place to play Monster Hunter if you don't want ghost town servers. This isn't fair anymore. This is murder. Even if these games aren't your cup of tea, that's plenty of new or new-ish quality software to offer their userbase. A lot of choose from. And what, like ONE of those has GaaS features? Then top it off with GoW in a month? Right now it's looking like this...

I hope beyond hope, that MS has something up their sleeve this E3 that makes the box worth it. So the box can be attractive on its own for quality content, and not just massive discounts and bargain current gen gaming. But, then again, the spectre of PC will always linger under them.

Switch I'm not so worried about, they'll be getting stuff, and have gotten quality stuff so far. But for consoles right now, who's even giving Sony a challenge as far a quality releases on the platform right now?

I smell bullshit! I own it on Xbox and have absolutely no issues finding a group. Now I will agree Sony has had some quality titles release already, but none of those are going to be system sellers. Now God of War has a chance, but changing the format will either make or break that game. Also when you have to make up bullshit like you just did it kind of ruins your entire post because creating lies makes you look like an idiot.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BenjaminBanklin

@tryit said:

Shadow of the Colossus is a good example of a ridiculously simple game (more like an interactive trailer) that gets hyped up like insanity and the kids have no idea even what a good game feels like

SotC is a game like any other, with exploration, traversal and goals. It's a quality piece of software that got a second shot at life that was well deserved. I don't understand why people stay so angry at it when it's influenced so many modern games. Game developers love this game. It's a title that's cinematic without being a movie game. SotC is the real deal.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

Shadow of the Colossus is a good example of a ridiculously simple game (more like an interactive trailer) that gets hyped up like insanity and the kids have no idea even what a good game feels like

SotC is a game like any other...

no its not. I had to stop right there.

take a game like Empyrion - Galactic Survival and then compare it to that?

you have got to be friggin joking me. SotC hand holds even during battle...its silly

'like any other' no its not. its not 'exploration' compared anything remotely close to the games I play...its not just different its RADICALLY different.

so no...'just like any other game' is ^&*( shit

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Cue the butthurt lem responses in 3...2...1.....

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Now, now children.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

It's going to be another tough year for Lemmings , Phil Spencer , and company.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yakuza 6 83

Ni No Kuni 2 86

Moss 85

I smell bullshit! I own it on Xbox and have absolutely no issues finding a group. Now I will agree Sony has had some quality titles release already, but none of those are going to be system sellers. Now God of War has a chance, but changing the format will either make or break that game. Also when you have to make up bullshit like your just did it kind of ruins your entire post because creating lies makes you look like an idiot.

It's not about system sellers, numbnuts, it's about having a great swath of software to choose from when you buy the console. Maybe things are getting better with MHW, I don't know. I heard it was touch and go for a while there. But it'll never have the playerbase of PS4 regardless. Who cares. As far as games that are only on PS4 and maybe one game shared with PC, Sony is delivering content. That's something that's got to be recognized.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yakuza 6 83

Ni No Kuni 2 86

Moss 85

I smell bullshit! I own it on Xbox and have absolutely no issues finding a group. Now I will agree Sony has had some quality titles release already, but none of those are going to be system sellers. Now God of War has a chance, but changing the format will either make or break that game. Also when you have to make up bullshit like your just did it kind of ruins your entire post because creating lies makes you look like an idiot.

It's not about system sellers, numbnuts, it's about having a great swath of software to choose from when you buy the console. Maybe things are getting better with MHW, I don't know. I heard it was touch and go for a while there. But it'll never have the playerbase of PS4 regardless. Who cares. As far as games that are only on PS4 and maybe one game shared with PC, Sony is delivering content. That's something that's got to recognized.

The point is you are posting bullshit and trying to make it the truth when you have no idea if it is the truth or not? My god are you fanboys that desperate to find shit on Xbox that you have to make it up or believe everything you read on the Internet. This is just getting pathetically bad.

Sorry your post was going good, until you had to make something up which just discredits your entire post.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

how the hell can you survive this gen without a ps4?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yakuza 6 83

Ni No Kuni 2 86

Moss 85

It's not about system sellers, numbnuts, it's about having a great swath of software to choose from when you buy the console. Maybe things are getting better with MHW, I don't know. I heard it was touch and go for a while there. But it'll never have the playerbase of PS4 regardless. Who cares. As far as games that are only on PS4 and maybe one game shared with PC, Sony is delivering content. That's something that's got to recognized.

The point is you are posting bullshit and trying to make it the truth when you have no idea if it is the truth or not? My god are you fanboys that desperate to find shit on Xbox that you have to make it up or believe everything you read on the Internet. This is just getting pathetically bad.

Sorry your post was going good, until you had to make something up which just discredits your entire post.

Like you would have acknowledged anything else in the post anyway. You look for the one thing to play defense force on and make it an obligation to make sure to make things turn to shit and head straight to the insults.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BenjaminBanklin

@tryit said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tryit said:

SotC is a game like any other...

no its not. I had to stop right there.

take a game like Empyrion - Galactic Survival and then compare it to that?

you have got to be friggin joking me. SotC hand holds even during battle...its silly

'like any other' no its not. its not 'exploration' compared anything remotely close to the games I play...its not just different its RADICALLY different.

so no...'just like any other game' is ^&*( shit

Yeah, man. Real nice example comparing that apple to that orange. You want to stick with the narrative that SotC isn't really a game, then it's time to realize that's a notion that doesn't hold water. Have you even played the game?

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

Only two of those are exclusive, and one is a remake of a game that literally no one asked for.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By QuadKnight

@ProtossRushX said:

how the hell can you survive this gen without a ps4?

I honestly don't know. One would have to be a total game hating fanboy to avoid the system.

@Nike_Air said:

It's going to be another tough year for Lemmings , Phil Spencer , and company.

Yup. Last year was rough for them and this year isn't looking any better.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: 2 multiplat games, a remake of a remaster of a ps2 game, a karaoke simulator with some beat em up action thrown in, and a game that needs a 300 buck peripheral are burying the competition. You heard it here first folks ... Now excuse me, I have to Hadookin a Higgledie.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin

@moistcarrot said:

Only two of those are exclusive, and one is a remake of a game that literally no one asked for.

"Only" two, "only" to be followed up with two more major exclusives behind it. SotC sure did well for a remake no one asked for. That's the thing, it's a showing. An effort that's not really being followed by the next similar competitor right now.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@moistcarrot: What's your definition of "literally"? Lol

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BenjaminBanklin

@sealionact said:

@BenjaminBanklin: 2 multiplat games, a remake of a remaster of a ps2 game, a karaoke simulator with some beat em up action thrown in, and a game that needs a 300 buck peripheral are burying the competition. You heard it here first folks ... Now excuse me, I have to Hadookin a Higgledie.

Now tell me what Xbox is offering to counter those right now? More GaaS games?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Jesus your threads are boring

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yakuza 6 83

Ni No Kuni 2 86

Moss 85

Like you would have acknowledged anything else in the post anyway. You look for the one thing to play defense force on and make it an obligation to make sure to make things turn to shit and head straight to the insults.

No I did acknowledge your post. I said you started out good until you started fanboying.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

That's, ummm....a really nice pile of exclusives you got there bud. Keep up the good work, kiddo!

*walks away, whistling, to resume playing one of the hundreds (thousands?) of exclusives on PC. Maybe with a mod or two!*

Anyway we will see how Sea of Thieves does, that will really sort of set the pace for MS this year.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BenjaminBanklin

@mrbojangles25 said:

That's, ummm....a really nice pile of exclusives you got there bud. Keep up the good work, kiddo!

*walks away, whistling, to resume playing one of the hundreds (thousands?) of exclusives on PC. Maybe with a mod or two!*

Anyway we will see how Sea of Thieves does, that will really sort of set the pace for MS this year.

Oh no, don't get me wrong. PC is the best experience. But as far as consoles, Sony is at least making sure there's something to be played on it right now.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Oh no, don't get me wrong. PC is the best experience. But as far as consoles, Sony is at least making sure there's something to be played on it right now.

Hmm maybe. We will see. Feel like the only game PS4 folks talk about is Horizon: Zero Dawn and the occasional reboot.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Let us marvel at how the mighty Sony secures us exclusives for our peasant box.

I have a PS4, but it'll take more than a Yakuza title for me to suffer any more time on that thing.

IMO the PS4 had it's moment of glory with Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn. Oh yeah R&C was pretty good too.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Sony is demonstrating ps1/ps2 levels of beauty where they demonstrate why historically they are the top console makers. And it has all been about the games. ps1, ps2 and ps4 are the weakest systems graphically, but the games are where it is at. Sorry, Microflop.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sealionact

@BenjaminBanklin: You'll have to explain Gaas games. No idea. But to answer your questions, exclusives mean nothing to me except that I need both consoles for the best games. Most of my time I'm still battling with Cuphead, or looking for a chicken dinner. Pubg alone has sold more copies then all of those games you mentioned will put together, because it's a mainstream game as opposed to a niche game. However, the biggest selling games on Xbox are the same as on PS4... COD, FIFA, BF, Fortnite, Destiny and so on.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BenjaminBanklin

@needhealing said:

Sony is demonstrating ps1/ps2 levels of beauty where they demonstrate why historically they are the top console makers. And it has all been about the games. ps1, ps2 and ps4 are the weakest systems graphically, but the games are where it is at. Sorry, Microflop.

Switch and One S are the weakest. But Switch isn't getting many current gen AAAs, and coming out with a $500 dollar version of the same box isn't solving Xbox One's problems so far.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BenjaminBanklin

@sealionact said:

@BenjaminBanklin: You'll have to explain Gaas games. No idea. But to answer your questions, exclusives mean nothing to me except that I need both consoles for the best games. Most of my time I'm still battling with Cuphead, or looking for a chicken dinner. Pubg alone has sold more copies then all of those games you mentioned will put together, because it's a mainstream game as opposed to a niche game. However, the biggest selling games on Xbox are the same as on PS4... COD, FIFA, BF, Fortnite, Destiny and so on.

The only reason a game needing to sell many copies to be enjoyable would count is playing an online-only game. Quality software is quality software. PUBG, is and will always be an indie, BTW. Well, unless MS buys it or something. It's just it got enough people to jump on it to become huge. It's a big social experience. Multiplats are fine, but the console gets more of an identity with a strong and steady exclusive lineup. It can make a difference for those sitting on the fence.

GaaS game, means Games As A Service. Something designed to get more money from you even after a purchase, or free-to-play. This seems to be the current direction with MS at the moment. They still need single-player experiences too. They need more games you can buy and play without having to purchase their service or other assorted microtransactions on top of it as well. They seemed to be doing okay with games at one point, but starting slipping down the line. Hopefully this is going to be relieved over the next few years if MS is still all for the traditional gaming market by then.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

@tryit: Wtf are talking about? SoC an interactive trailer? Is that sarcasim?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin

@RR360DD said:

Jesus your threads are boring

Nice of you to show and contribute.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Meh!

xbox got PUBG! 5 million players! o yea! its like PS2 graphics in 2018! doing the same thing over and over and over again! so fun!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 QuadKnight

Lems have more damage control excuses than games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I’ve never ever had a problem getting full groups playing Monster Hunter World on the Xbox One myself so I don’t know where this whole “ghost town” and things being “touch and go” are coming from. Smells like your typical cowshit to me.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BenjaminBanklin

@Archangel3371 said:

I’ve never ever had a problem getting full groups playing Monster Hunter World on the Xbox One myself so I don’t know where this whole “ghost town” and things being “touch and go” are coming from. Smells like your typical cowshit to me.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/28/16942756/monster-hunter-world-xbox-one-launch-matchmaking-problems

I didn't just make that up. But if things are ironed out now, then, cool I guess.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

You know Xbox is in trouble when Lems are in here trying to prop up a shitty Pubg port. How the mighty have fallen.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

The futures bright for PS4.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Technical issues which also affected the PS4 version. I thought you were referring to the amount of people playing. Anyway there were ways to get around it and I was always able to play with plenty of people myself. So definitely no “ghost town” servers.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sealionact

@BenjaminBanklin: Which Xbox games are free to play? Sure, there's loot boxes around ... but apart from Forza 7, I can't think of any. Gears had aesthetical boxes, so will SoT.... but don't most games have loot boxes of sorts?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Not going to play Ni No Kuni 2 (first game didn't interest me either), nor Yakuza 6 yet, never played a Yakuza game, think I'll start with Zero or the remake of the first game, remaking these games gives me the perfect opportunity to get into them since it's one of those series I wanted to try but haven't.

Still, God of War 4 and Detroit are my current priorities on PS4 this year, and Spider-Man if it releases this year.

I'll probably pass in other exclusives because I still need to get caught up on current PS4 exclusive backlist. Still have Nioh and Nier Automata to play, need to get Horizon Zero Dawn too. Need to get the SoTC remaster and Last Guardian.

But yeah, Sony has a healthy exclusive list, which is good because I only use my PS4 for exclusives. Not everyone interests me but plenty still do to warrant owning one.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

More Butthurt Ponies trying to hide the fact they no longer have the power advantage. If Crytek made an Xbox One X version of Ryse it would look better than fog of War. Second the only console that has better backward compatibility. Third the best console exclusive MP/Co-op games this year. four the best gaming service ever made. Five the best console multiplats this year. I can now see why the butthurt ponies make damaging control threads everyday. lol

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xhawk27

@quadknight said:

Cows have more damage control posts because they have an inferior console now.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BenjaminBanklin

@xhawk27 said:

More Butthurt Ponies trying to hide the fact they no longer have the power advantage. If Crytek made an Xbox One X version of Ryse it would look better than fog of War. Second the only console that has better backward compatibility. Third the best console exclusive MP/Co-op games this year. four the best gaming service ever made. Five the best console multiplats this year. I can now see why the butthurt ponies make damaging control threads everyday. lol

But PS4 still has the power advantage of the base consoles. Xbox One S didn't turn into X overnight. 97-98% of Xbox gamers are still on the base console, with most of them cheerleading the X without actually owning it. And every console owner pales in comparison to PC... a platform that actually has games to justify buying better hardware for. I know console gamers always point to "LOL PC gaming is too expensive" as a go-to response for an excuse. Well, console gamers aren't eager to buy a $500 system from Xbox again, either. And rumor has it they're about to bring out another one again soon anyway.

MS is learning all the wrong things from this gen, and the fanbase isn't helping. When you damage control everything, they'll focus on the wrong things. When Xbox needed games, they made a new version of the console instead because they thought everything boiled down to power. BZZZ.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By QuadKnight

@xhawk27 said:
@quadknight said:

Cows have more damage control posts because they have an inferior console now.

And yet all the best looking console games are PS4 exclusives. So much lem asshurt lol.

”? B....bu...but muH CrackHead 3 Uncompromized pixelz!!!1”

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Xbox fanatic battlecry, "Wait until E3!" After E3, "did you see Phil's tweet, wait until next year's E3!" XboxOne SX will have 10flops and 20g of ram!

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

God of War and Detroit coming soon!

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@tigerbalm: lol exactly this. Numbnuts above you is going off about the most powerful console and yet PS4 has the best looking games.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By xhawk27

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@xhawk27 said:

But PS4 still has the power advantage of the base consoles. Xbox One S didn't turn into X overnight. 97-98% of Xbox gamers are still on the base console, with most of them cheerleading the X without actually owning it. And every console owner pales in comparison to PC... a platform that actually has games to justify buying better hardware for. I know console gamers always point to "LOL PC gaming is too expensive" as a go-to response for an excuse. Well, console gamers aren't eager to buy a $500 system from Xbox again, either. And rumor has it they're about to bring out another one again soon anyway.

MS is learning all the wrong things from this gen, and the fanbase isn't helping. When you damage control everything, they'll focus on the wrong things. When Xbox needed games, they made a new version of the console instead because they thought everything boiled down to power. BZZZ.

I hate to tell you this but there will be no new consoles in 2019. The next gen PS5 or Xbox whatever will not be out until fall 2020 at the earliest. AMD hardware will be not ready until then and the price for it won't be consumer friendly until early 2020. By this time Xbox One X will be down to $300.

Do I agree with everything MS does, No I do not. Somethings I think they could do better but backward compatibility is one thing they have done great at. Oh and MS does have games this year. Single player games take a long time to make.

Jippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jippo
Member since 2018 • 183 Posts

@ProtossRushX:

simple got a xbox 1X