Jedi Fallen Order opinions ?

• 90 results
#51 Posted by AJStyles (809 posts) -

You guys are the worst lmao. 50 posts on why this game is complete trash while you guys praise terrible trash like Valve games and Zelda.

Worst opinions ever on system wars.

The game looks great and I can’t wait to play it.

#52 Posted by rmpumper (605 posts) -

Meh. Don't care about Star Wars in general, plus the game looks bland af.

#53 Posted by Vaeh (466 posts) -

Jedi of Persia, could be fun on a harder difficulty level. AI looks pretty stupid. It felt like the difficulty was on easy or something, to show off the abilities. Some of the enemies didn't even try to attack/move forward when spotting the player.

#54 Posted by DaVillain- (36401 posts) -

One more thing I forgot to mention in my previous post. EA is gonna try hyping this game mainly this new Star Wars game is gonna ride the hype train with Rise of the Skywalker episode 9 since it's the last and biggest anticipated movie, no doubte Jedi Fallen Order will follow the hype and it work for Battlefront 2 with The Last Jedi.

As for hating on EA, at least wait for reviews before writing this game off and Respawn showing the gameplay really impress me more enough to go in confidence this will not be a disaster unlike Battlefront 2 since that game was focus on MP stuff nobody ask for. At least EA is going with single player this time. This is Respawn's work, not EA.

#55 Edited by Kali-B1rd (2116 posts) -
@dg1995 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Another low risk cinematic single player game... no risks, no reboot of jedi academy ... lame.

utterly lame.

JA gameplay style doesn't work well in this era. gameplay is not defined by an era... but yes, the current era is watered down so I see the point.

JA only has superior lightsaber vs lightsaber but it had lots of it's own problems: Superior L vs L , and the fact that it had more than that while still having solid multiplayer says it all.

1.Enemies suddenly dodge your attacks magically. Enemies also have some advantages over players(cultist masters have more powerful lightning compare to player ). Right... and every modern cinematic game enemies hurt you in dull ways... and you have easy means to counter every single time.

Some times enemies can cheap kill the players.(Instantly using an anti move, force pushing you to cliffs , gripping and stabbing you to death etc) ... you described nothing bad there. If you positioned yourself near a cliff that was YOUR fault.

Snipers are also annoying in JK games. Again, not a reason, just a baseless opinion.

2.Fighting stormtroopers and blaster wielding enemies was pretty shallow.(Just hold W, use force lightning level 3 , the end) . Some enemies like those jump troopers were also pretty lame.(A pain to kill without mindtrick) As apposed to slowing down time and 1 lightsabre throw from the trailer? hes carving up the storm troopers with one swing... and these troopers are using MELEE WEAPONS.

3. JA also had some poor levels.(swoop bike mission, boba fett mission which was mostly running , that mission where you only have guns) Right... and these things can be refined.

4.JA also had a pretty poor and straightforward level design. Was 20 years ago... and I disagree, you had to actually explore .... meanwhile Jedi of War will have you going down corridors... climbing... dodging fan blades... yay.

All of your reasons can be be summed up with "They have 20 years of refinement to put in". Hell, you can argue Fallen Order's gameplay from that trailer is what a modern Jedi Academy would look like (at least, part of the foundation) ... but hey ho.

But once again, Fallen Order is yet another Uncharted/God of War style easy to create, built for first time sales, by the numbers experience that will be shelved after a week. I'm not suprised though, it EA.

Instead of rebooting JA, and satisfying both SP and MP fans ..... they figured "we failed with battlefront, lets go the opposite direction ... and make a safe SP game... because SONYs are selling!". "We can't build Jedi Outcast, because that would clash with our battlefront product!"

Building games by numbers.... low effort, shit.

#56 Posted by Randoggy (3453 posts) -

Looked like a total bore.

#57 Posted by 2Chalupas (7061 posts) -

@dg1995 said:
@2Chalupas said:

Highly disappointing and loaded with PS2 era video game level design tropes.

• Start out with a rope swing and wall running across specific path.
  • Trigger 2 minute cutscene.
  • Force Blast through a door... to immediately walk across the balance beam that is your only path (how convenient!). Linear narrow path.
  • Walk back out into "open"... only to force blast a bridge necessary to walk across. Linear narrow path.
  • Continue fighting down a narrow hallway with a handful of easily dispatched enemies... linear narrow path.
  • Trigger cutscene of mini-boss, dispatch miniboss.
  • Squeeze through a crack in the wall to move on... narrow linear path.... after 5 minutes I just skip through the rest...

Why do all the enemies move like they are stuck in the mud? Combat looks slow as molasses. If the combat looked better it might have been OK despite it's obvious boring linearity, but with this slow combat it looks like another potential (almost certain) flop to me.

I also don't get why they go with these unknown or newly invented characters like they did in Battlefront 2 campaign. Maybe Disney doesn't want their crappy EA game messing with actual Star Wars canon?

Not every game needs to be "Open". By that logic 90 percent of games are bad.

For making a new character, that was always the philosophy of Star Wars games to always invent new characters in video games.(Excluding the movie tie in games)

1.In Dark Forces the main character was originally Luke but they decided to make a new character.(Kyle Katarn)

2.In TFU they thought about having Vader as the main character instead they made Galen Marek.

3.Shadows Of The Empire also had a completely new character. Dash Rendar.

4.In Republic Commando they originally wanted the clones to sound the same, but they decided to give each member of Delta Squad his own personality.

I agree not every game needs to be open world structured. That's not necessarily what I"m talking about though, I'm just tired of games with very near linear paths. I'm OK with a somewhat linear design or with semi-open missions, but still at least give you multiple routes. Actually that's more of what i hoped for with this game... just a nice 10+ hour mission based campaign with solid gameplay and some variety in the missions as well as having the areas be large enough you could choose different points of attack or strategies. I wasn't hoping for or expecting an open world task simulator. Based on the video, this game is going to be very linear AND has slow boring combat. Maybe they can still fix the actual gameplay, but if the game releases this year I'm guessing it pretty much is what it is.

I mean seriously, how stupid is the idea that you open a door,and then right on the other side of a door is a balance beam you carefully walk across to get to the other side of a chasm? This is what they actually chose as the intro to the gameplay. I mean literally right behind the door is a chasm and a balance beam walk, I LOL'ed when I saw that. That concept is so played out in games, if i were project managing I'd immediately demote the level design guy (or whoever suggested it). Instead... they actually highlighted that section in their gameplay reveal. It's basically just like a forced walking section, and I'll bet this game has those too. I know they are not the only developers guilty of this, far from it, but I just feel it's unacceptable in 2019 to have adventure games keep having these stupid gaming tropes in them.

I found the Force Unleashed highly disappointing too, so disappointing Star Wars games has long predated EA. Actually I rate the Battlefront Games better than most, but the campaign in BF2 was terribad and this one looks like it might only be moderately better, but being "single player only" I expected much more. But I guess I should have just been expecting mediocrity.

#58 Posted by Utensilman (1561 posts) -

It looks like they used Sony’s exclusive model and banged out a mindless chore for people to *watch*

I’d expect cows to love this crap if they weren’t such hypocrites

#59 Posted by Zaryia (8464 posts) -

Looks kind of like a Sony movie game. Go through linear section watch cutscene, go through linear section do QTE button prompt, insanely easy for weekend soccer moms, etc. etc.

#60 Posted by musalala (3066 posts) -

Not to be a dick but this is EA, this game will be hot garbage with a side of ass. I was so excited for Anthem when it was announced the E3 presentation looked cool and we know how that turned out

#61 Edited by dg1995 (172 posts) -

@davillain- said:

As for hating on EA, at least wait for reviews before writing this game off and Respawn showing the gameplay really impress me more enough to go in confidence this will not be a disaster unlike Battlefront 2 since that game was focus on MP stuff nobody ask for. At least EA is going with single player this time. This is Respawn's work, not EA.

I can't trust reviewers for this game. They will just give it low scores for having a white male Protagonist.(Similar to days gone)

@zaryia said:

Looks kind of like a Sony movie game. Go through linear section watch cutscene, go through linear section do QTE button prompt, insanely easy for weekend soccer moms, etc. etc.

Combat looks cool. Movie games are normally cover shooter games. Also linearity is not a problem since this game is going to be some kind of metroidvania type of game.

@kali-b1rd said:

Instead of rebooting JA, and satisfying both SP and MP fans ..... they figured "we failed with battlefront, lets go the opposite direction ... and make a safe SP game... because SONYs are selling!". "We can't build Jedi Outcast, because that would clash with our battlefront product!"

They don't make Jedi Knight because the last game was a commercial failure. It got replaced instantly by Kotor and Episode 3 game.(which both were far more successful than JA)

The main weakness of JA is the console versions. The game isn't the same when you are playing with a controller.

Also as a PC centric franchise, it never had as much fan as other genres.(FPS games, Multiplayer FPS games, RTS games , MMOs ) so I can understand why they abandoned the franchise.

#62 Edited by randomHALT (140 posts) -

I'll take this over BattleFront any day. It reminds me a lot of Jedi Knight and that's exactly what I wanted.

#63 Posted by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

People who are calling it PoP clone, if only that were true. PoP clone would be a good thing compared to that trash. PoP is way more than just wall running (it was also more fluid), it had actual puzzles, platforming and good combat.

#64 Posted by OmegaTau (894 posts) -

zzzzzz

#65 Posted by madsnakehhh (16408 posts) -

This is a very funny game ... i mean in theory it doesn't have anything that bad nor offensive ... it has lightsabers battles, well known characters (sort of), new characters (that Cameron guy is doing a fine job), you can use the Force in battles, its a sinle player game ... and the Star Wars feel is there.

But on the other hand ... somehow they make it look bland, boring and dull ... maybe is the section they showed, but for some reason, i just wouldn't want to play that level, it looks so 2006 ... it's hard to describe, it just looks boring.

The trailer showed in MS conference was a little bit better and i like that you can tackle on Walkers, hopefully they will be challenging and not only QTE's.

Hard to tell, but as of now ... it looks mediocre at best.

#66 Posted by Dark_sageX (3406 posts) -

Looks good but lets be honest, this game will not be very long, 6 hours campaign (and by that I mean going through corridors after corridors), if what was shown was alpha stage and they intend to release the game in November then this is obvious not going to be an interesting game, its gonna be like Force Unleashed II, rushed.

#67 Posted by cyberpunk_2077 (591 posts) -

It’ll certainly be something I definitely play. But it did seem meh with no real excitement other than that it’s a Star Wars single player game.

#68 Posted by pyro1245 (4980 posts) -

TBH I was more excited before I saw the trailer.

Now am in full wait and see mode.

#69 Edited by WhatAFailure (368 posts) -

I was a bit disappointed after that trailer, but there's two other trailers showing more exciting footage. And according to IGN and other journalists, they saw a much better preview and do not understand why Respawn chose to show the most boring one. They all seem to be saying the game they witnessed looked much better than the tepid trailer we were all served (IGN guy even says what he saw of Jedi Fallen Order was "Game of the Show" material).

Now I have a feeling this game will actually surprise us and actually be great Respawn game next to Titanfall 2.

But those Wookie faces though. Fix that or people will get nightmares.

#70 Posted by VFighter (4881 posts) -

I'm really not understanding all the negativity towards this game? It doesn't look revolutionary, but it looms good and the gameplay shows a lot of promise. This site is so full of dipshit.

#71 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30970 posts) -

@Dark_sageX said:

Looks good but lets be honest, this game will not be very long, 6 hours campaign (and by that I mean going through corridors after corridors), if what was shown was alpha stage and they intend to release the game in November then this is obvious not going to be an interesting game, its gonna be like Force Unleashed II, rushed.

This is a singleplayer only game, it won't be 6 hours.

#72 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@vfighter said:

I'm really not understanding all the negativity towards this game? It doesn't look revolutionary, but it looms good and the gameplay shows a lot of promise. This site is so full of dipshit.

bad combat? check

Terrible graphics? check

walk in straight line with no exploration? check

looks too easy where you can beat everyone with lighting sword? check

so yeah. it does looks pretty bad.

#73 Posted by Star67 (4386 posts) -

Basically what everyone else is saying.

Graphics, sound, look and feel of Star Wars is all there BUT

The combat looked slow and shallow, there just wasn't anything to get excited about. The AI was dumb and stiff.

#74 Posted by dg1995 (172 posts) -

@Dark_sageX said:

I don't think so. TFU 2 only had 1 year(Or maybe fewer) development time compare to this game.(Which has been in development since 2015 or 2016)

@vfighter said:

well these are my ideas:

1.An EA game.(It's cool to hate evil companies as childish as it sounds)

2.Star Wars(That it's also cool to hate every disney SW on the internet.)

3.Some Star Wars gamers that hate every new SW games.(Since they want their Kotor and Jedi Knight games.And for some reason consider those games perfection despite some issues that they had.)

@pc_rocks said:

People who are calling it PoP clone, if only that were true. PoP clone would be a good thing compared to that trash. PoP is way more than just wall running (it was also more fluid), it had actual puzzles, platforming and good combat.

Lol you call that automated jumping platforming ? Core Design Tomb Raider games had far better platformings.

Also PoP was a franchise that never had any perfect game.

-first one didn't have any difficulty options and combat was pretty shallow.(Final Bossfight was also pretty terrible)

-second one had far better combat but it was buggy.

third one made the combat inferior and was a disappointing storywise.

#75 Posted by foxhound_fox (97883 posts) -

Looks like a low-budget Uncharted ripoff wearing Star Wars clothing.

With what Platinum and Capcom have done with Bayonetta and Devil May Cry, you would think we could actually have a flashy-action Jedi combat game with multiplayer by now. Oh wait, EA would never license the Star Wars brand to a third party studio, that would be stupid.

#76 Posted by Dark_sageX (3406 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Dark_sageX said:

This is a singleplayer only game, it won't be 6 hours.

The Force Unleashed 2 was a single player game....just saying.

@dg1995 said: I don't think so. TFU 2 only had 1 year(Or maybe fewer) development time compare to this game.(Which has been in development since 2015 or 2016)

I hope for their sake thats not true, otherwise thats even worse, 3 years should be a long enough period for the game to be out of alpha stage, if this is all they have to show for 3 years of development then this game is already doomed.

#77 Edited by VFighter (4881 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Its cute that you think your opinion means anything on this site lol.

#78 Edited by dg1995 (172 posts) -

@Dark_sageX said:

I hope for their sake thats not true, otherwise thats even worse, 3 years should be a long enough period for the game to be out of alpha stage, if this is all they have to show for 3 years of development then this game is already doomed.

Lol Mr Doomsday, that's not how it works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development#Milestones

Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished.[152] A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features.[153] These features may be further revised based on testing and feedback.[152] Additional small, new features may be added, similarly planned, but unimplemented features may be dropped.[153] Programmers focus mainly on finishing the codebase, rather than implementing additions.[151] Alpha occurs eight to ten months before code release,[152] but this can vary significantly based on the scope of content and assets any given game has.

Beta is feature and asset complete version of the game, when only bugs are being fixed.[151][152] This version contains no bugs that prevent the game from being shippable.[151] No changes are made to the game features, assets, or code. Beta occurs two to three months before code release.[152]

Have any other doomsday theories for other games ?

@foxhound_fox said:

Looks like a low-budget Uncharted ripoff wearing Star Wars clothing.

With what Platinum and Capcom have done with Bayonetta and Devil May Cry, you would think we could actually have a flashy-action Jedi combat game with multiplayer by now. Oh wait, EA would never license the Star Wars brand to a third party studio, that would be stupid.

Nah. Capcom is pretty bad in level design of these type of games.(This trailer had far better level design than the whole of Devil May Cry 5.)

Also Capcom had no involvement in bayonetta.

Plus, Japanese developers are never that good with multiplayer focus games. Raven Software made a better multiplayer mode in JA than japanese developers have ever made for hack'n slash games.

#79 Posted by Dark_sageX (3406 posts) -

@dg1995: Well I could engage you in your utter hopeless optimism (and quite frankly, utter shock that there is anyone left who would take EA's side on anything..), or, I could laugh at you when the game inevitably bombs. I'm confident enough that I will take the latter.

#80 Posted by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

@dg1995 said:

@pc_rocks said:

Lol you call that automated jumping platforming ? Core Design Tomb Raider games had far better platformings.

Also PoP was a franchise that never had any perfect game.

-first one didn't have any difficulty options and combat was pretty shallow.(Final Bossfight was also pretty terrible)

-second one had far better combat but it was buggy.

third one made the combat inferior and was a disappointing storywise.

PoP had automatic platforming? You sure you're not confusing it with AC, TR Reboot and UC? EVen PoP 2008 didn't have auto platforming albeit much weaker than SoT trilogy. PoP is a trilogy of games much better than whatever 3D Action/Adventure titles this industry has pumped out since last gen.

#81 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2116 posts) -

What makes it even stranger to me us they choose the actor that plays Jerome in Gotham (Joker) ...... he just doesn't look like a good lead.

It's like Disney have taken over and turned Star Wars into the Star Wars: Playhouse with these shitty young actors that NEVER look the part.

#82 Edited by Macutchi (6734 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

bad combat? check

Terrible graphics? check

walk in straight line with no exploration? check

looks too easy where you can beat everyone with lighting sword? check

so yeah. it does looks pretty bad.

to play devil's advocate -

combat looks like there may be some creative combos of powers to be had. blocking blaster beams, stopping them mid flight a la kylo ren, force pulling enemies into them... it has some potential.

graphics aren't incredible but not terrible either.

there's different paths and areas to explore if you watch the video.

combat does look pretty easy but it's alpha and we don't know what difficulty it's on.

so yeah, even though it's ea and the gamespot glass-is-half-empty brigade are out in full force, no pun, tripping over themselves to write the game off, i'll hold back on the uber pessimism for now

#83 Posted by rzxv04 (686 posts) -

Looks like a Sony game with a bit worse basic animations.

Main dude has chin for days. Gotta fix that face model.

Calling it alpha seem weird almost feels like a lie considering it's releasing in a few months. This is one of the "alpha's" I'll be really keeping an eye on and compare with retail and reference it for future EA marketing.

#84 Posted by dg1995 (172 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

PoP had automatic platforming? You sure you're not confusing it with AC, TR Reboot and UC? EVen PoP 2008 didn't have auto platforming albeit much weaker than SoT trilogy. PoP is a trilogy of games much better than whatever 3D Action/Adventure titles this industry has pumped out since last gen.

Of course SOT trilogy had it. Otherwise it would really matter when you actually press the jump button. In PoP games whenever you are moving to a cliff if you press the jump button the prince will always jump correctly.

#85 Posted by Raining51 (1011 posts) -

It's got a lot of issues/flaws/potential/puside/downside/evenside/future/past/present/ things going on...

Worthy of a very fat gamespot review when it comes out

#86 Edited by 2Chalupas (7061 posts) -

@vfighter said:

The reveal trailer with extended gameplay was garbage, the Xbox E3 trailer, though much shorter actually showed some much better footage of the game. They should have revealed it with that quicker look. The longer look at the gameplay raised some serious issues, reinforcing concerns I already had (that it would be short, extremely linear, and scripted).

Like I said, the "balance beam right behind door" was just LOL worthy video game silliness. Outdated gameplay mechanism, and that's what they chose to lead off with. Maybe if the game is longer, like 10-15 hours minimum it can have some gameplay variety and save itself. Though I'm pretty sure if there are vehicle or AT-AT segments, it will be on-rails. So at best it will probably just be mediocre gameplay with a flashy coat of Star Wars paint.

#87 Posted by dg1995 (172 posts) -

@2Chalupas said:

Like I said, the "balance beam right behind door" was just LOL worthy video game silliness. Outdated gameplay mechanism, and that's what they chose to lead off with. Maybe if the game is longer, like 10-15 hours minimum it can have some gameplay variety and save itself. Though I'm pretty sure if there are vehicle or AT-AT segments, it will be on-rails. So at best it will probably just be mediocre gameplay with a flashy coat of Star Wars paint.

Guess you never really play video games that much. Video games are not supposed to look similar to real life.

#88 Posted by Raining51 (1011 posts) -

Meh I think the ceiling for hte genre is way higher than they've been hitting.

That said I've been impressed with how far they're gotten on a number f of different levels.

#89 Posted by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

@dg1995 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Of course SOT trilogy had it. Otherwise it would really matter when you actually press the jump button. In PoP games whenever you are moving to a cliff if you press the jump button the prince will always jump correctly.

Nope! You can fail depending on the angle of jump, how quickly you jump, you can drop from the ledges if you don't balance it, no highlighting anchor points etc. It isn't automatic.

#90 Posted by Raining51 (1011 posts) -

I just think they'll never reach the Force unleashed in terms of quality which is why I'm sorta not holding my breath about it all I guess.