blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

That can't be a good sign. Sony sent Death Stranding out the door early for reviews so people knew what they were buying. I hate when publishers hold games back to get a flood of pre-orders from people who really should know better and won't wait for reviews.

I really hope the game turns out to be good but seriously, it's EA who deserve zero trust and 100% suspicion for literally everything they do. For God's sake don't buy this thing for whatever ridiculous pre-order 'bonus' they're baiting you with, wait till the reviews come in.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58926 Posts

EA managed to make people not hype Starwars.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Pre-ordered on Steam. I'll just refund it, if it turns out to be garbage.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts

EA is "evil" but other corporate entities aren't because of some biased bullshit reason. OP, do you even think for yourself anymore?

Anyway, I hope Respawn can deliver with this game.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blueinheaven
@Pedro said:

EA is "evil" but other corporate entities aren't because of some biased bullshit reason. OP, do you even think for yourself anymore?

Anyway, I hope Respawn can deliver with this game.

Where did I say other corporate entities aren't just as bad? EA are just one of quite a few publishers to avoid pre-ordering from. Are you just upset that I mentioned Sony as an example of a release exposed to reviews to give gamers a chance to evaluate it?

Seriously, get your stupid fanboy hat off just for once, you're an embarrassment.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pedro

@blueinheaven said:

Where did I say other corporate entities aren't just as bad? EA are just one of quite a few publishers to avoid pre-ordering from. Are you just upset that I mentioned Sony as an example of a release exposed to reviews to give gamers a chance to evaluate it?

Seriously, get your stupid fanboy hat off just for once, you're an embarrassment.

Please tell me what I am a fanboy of? I would love to hear your theory.
Please tell me what I am a fanboy of? I would love to hear your theory.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Reviews are pretty worthless to me anyway.

This game scoring 9/10 or 6/10 won't change things for me personally.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blueinheaven
@Pedro said:
@blueinheaven said:

You're claiming you're not an MS fanboy? So you just have a completely irrational hatred of Sony then? Righto, it's still idiotic.

I'm still waiting for you to point out where I said EA are the only publisher to put on your shitlist. Oh and commending any publisher for making their games available for review without some anti-consumer embargo holding them back is not a biased bullshit reason.

You're very angry and you don't even know why, I shouldn't laugh but lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pedro

@blueinheaven: LOL. You are one sad puppy. I don't hate on Sony, but I hate on fanboys like yourself because you all are toxic to gaming.

Embargo on reviews really means NOTHING. Only folks like yourself feel as if it has meaning. Are you a drone that pre-order games because of reviews? When the game releases and is available to the public the reviews would also be available for your drone like behavior. So, what exactly is the problem you are bitching about? You are angry you don't get a heads up prior to the release date? Life is going to so hard to read the reviews the same day the game is released? LMAO. You are sure a special one. ;)

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Meh.

I'll watch the Giantbomb Quicklook before I make a decision.

EA is one of those companies you gotta be careful with. You don't want your money sending the wrong message. They speak in earnings reports and financial expectations. Blind, day-one purchases from EA can have unexpected and negative effects on the industry as a whole.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

I have high hopes, but yeah, definitely waiting for reviews.

OK, this is a bit disingenuouse for me to comment on. I almost never pre-order.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

eh, companies do review embargos all the time.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3054 Posts

This game has never looked good to me, but between the two big developers I thought they might pump out something decent. Hopefully it's great, but it looks like another average to ok game.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

I’ve got faith. Supposedly to stop spoilers which is understandable, a lot is riding on this one. From a few player reports I’ve read, early impressions are good. Can’t wait to fire this bad boy up later today.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#15 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@hitmanactual said:

I’ve got faith. Supposedly to stop spoilers which is understandable, a lot is riding on this one. From a few player reports I’ve read, early impressions are good. Can’t wait to fire this bad boy up later today.

I am not big on the whole stop spoilers reason. Not everyone is going to play the game on the day of launch. If someone is going to play the game a month after launch, how are they going to stop spoilers for that person? It is just silly. Leave it up to the individuals to manage their exposure to spoilers.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blueinheaven
@Pedro said:

@blueinheaven: LOL. You are one sad puppy. I don't hate on Sony, but I hate on fanboys like yourself because you all are toxic to gaming.

Embargo on reviews really means NOTHING. Only folks like yourself feel as if it has meaning. Are you a drone that pre-order games because of reviews? When the game releases and is available to the public the reviews would also be available for your drone like behavior. So, what exactly is the problem you are bitching about? You are angry you don't get a heads up prior to the release date? Life is going to so hard to read the reviews the same day the game is released? LMAO. You are sure a special one. ;)

WTF are you talking about now? People like to read reviews before buying things is that a huge problem for you somehow? And what am I a fanboy of? I've played DS and Gears 5 on different platforms what platform are you gaming on?

I don't even know what your problem is at this point. Did you really just come in here to start a childish argument that's your sole contribution?

Whatever dude, knock yourself out I'm going to go watch football.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Reviews are usually garbage. Remember when League was only rated like a 7.5 back in 2009?

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#18 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I will never understand how this industry bent the knee to publishers so that every game is embargoed till its release date and no one bats an eyelid. Couple this with removing demos and launching pre-orders over a year out. Its a rort.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#19 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Embargoes mean nothing. Great games have been embargoed until release. Shadow of Mordor was one. WB came down way harder than they should have on publications, which they didn't even need to, because the game actually was great.

But you know, it's really REALLY frustrating me now that everyone is saying "BUT TEH EA IS EVIL! DON'T TRUST THEM!" Yeah, yeah, we all know their shady business dealings, but you really should have the ability to look past that and realize this is all Respawn, just like Titanfall 2. EA is letting Respawn do their own thing here. It's a single player game at that, and everyone who complains about EA killing off single player games ARE THEY THEMSELVES TO BLAME if Respawn goes under since. Since you didn't want to support Jedi Fallen Order just because it's EA...

/highhorse

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Midnight EST for the embargo being lifted? Maybe it would be cause for alarm if it weren't for the numerous previews making the game out to be solid but who knows.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56087 Posts

I been following Jedi Fallen Order since E3 2019 and everything I read so far seems legit and I'm looking forward to playing it day one since I have EA Origin Premier and already pre-download the game as it is. It has Metroid, Tomb Raider mixed with Star Wars for a good story to tell. Anyone who's been following this games progress development would know what your getting yourself into.

It'll be fine and will likely be the best Star Wars single player game in a long time right after Force Unleashed 2 which was 9 years ago. If nothing else, I know I'll love it just for the combat. The rest of you gamers can figure it out for yourselves.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Clearly EA did not stop reviewers and certain sites from offering previews and first impressions. If it were disconcerting, the company wouldn't have allowed such a thing.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k

@Solaryellow: maybe they will pull an Aliens Colonial Marines on us and the previews were actually another build by an entirely different studio?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Solaryellow: maybe they will pull an Aliens Colonial Marines on us and the previews were actually another build by an entirely different studio?

EA is just being EA, it's safe to bet Disney is on Patrol watch with EA and they haven't forgotten what EA did to Battlefront 2.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k

@davillain- said:

EA is just being EA, it's safe to bet Disney is on Patrol watch with EA and they haven't forgotten what EA did to Battlefront 2.

But Battlefront 2 sold over 10 million copies and made tons of money...

In all seriousness though, I'm as hyped as you and can't wait to play the game tomorrow :D

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@BassMan: Not saying I agree, just I understand. Personally I would like to see a few reviews beforehand but for this game it really makes no difference to me as I pre-ordered it a week ago. Single player, no micro-transactions...they had me at hello. Happy to show my support. And to be fair, it is Star Wars and the hype around it is pretty decent so I kind of understand the no spoiler stance on launch. Regardless, I think it is going to be awesome.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I think it's still could be decent a lot of people didn't like the campaign in BF2 even though I loved it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#28 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@hitmanactual said:

@BassMan: Not saying I agree, just I understand. Personally I would like to see a few reviews beforehand but for this game it really makes no difference to me as I pre-ordered it a week ago. Single player, no micro-transactions...they had me at hello. Happy to show my support. And to be fair, it is Star Wars and the hype around it is pretty decent so I kind of understand the no spoiler stance on launch. Regardless, I think it is going to be awesome.

It definitely looks good. I will be playing it soon through Origin Access Premier, but don't know when exactly. I am enjoying RDR2 on PC at the moment.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Forget about Jedi Fallen Order, here is my first pitch, a game about Darth Revan. First, Mando Wars. After that, Jedi Civil War. Then in the end, Revenites. It's a trilogy of the Darth Revan games.

I don't know maybe a movie would be better than a game becuase Bioware already made game about Darth Revan. In those games, players had choices so how are devs supposed to make a narrative-story game without contracting the Kotor series? I think that would be the biggest obstacle. Maybe, that is why they haven't made a movie or video game about Darth Revan and other charatcers that deal with Mando Wars, Jedi Civil War, etc

Or maybe those kinds of movie and video games would be "too dark" for kids and families.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

I just grabbed Origin Premier and will keep it for a month and see how it is. If it's good, I'll buy it later on down the line with the DLC. If not, 15 bucks isn't a big sink, and there's a few other games that I wanted to try like the new Need for Speed(even though it's probably crap).

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I haven't bought a game in so long I just said screw it, digitally got it pre-ordered so it pre-installed and now I just have to wait a couple hours before it's playable.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Not sure why you're worried about the reviews, and lets look at DS reviews most reviewers hated the game but scored it highly anyway (Kojima nuthuggers) so in the end reviews are worthless.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@blueinheaven: Must suck that the rest of the thread disagrees with you. :(

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Well it got an 8.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Yeah it got an 8 here, so if Death Stranding got a 9 then that must mean this game is really a 10.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

It's a pretty good game, although it's no Dark Souls, which it's obviously copying in many respects. Played it for about an hour, and the combat isn't as polished as Dark Souls is... but it's still pretty good. It is basically Dark Souls combined with Uncharted/Tomb Raider with force powers, though; lots of traversing and sliding down things avoiding debris. Story is your average Disney garbage so far, but at least Cal has a backstory unlike Rey. Lol Not really critiquing it for its story, though, as I didn't expect much and am more expecting in the gameplay dept.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k

@DragonfireXZ95: yeah but dark souls doesn't have force powers :p

It's the reason we play star wars games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

I'm really digging the story but I must say, this is the first Star Wars game that didn't have the opening crawl intro we're used to but in another way, Rogue One & Solo didn't have their opening crawl intro either, works for me. Playing this on PC version, maxed out in 1440p, everything seems solid, using Unreal Engine was a smart move over Frostbite Engine in my opinion. It's Uncharted in Space (well, space is as uncharted as you can get right? But you'll get my point) meets Dark Souls & Seiko: Shadow Die Twice mixed with. And the music is really good, not to mention the sound design. As someone that is a fan of Star Wars, but been highly critical of both the franchise (lately in particular) and the fact this is a EA game, I can safely say that so far, it's a very fun experience!

Honestly, I get a lot of Metroid Prime vibes too, which is good, huge fan of the franchise because I like exploration/back tracking discovery typical action-adventure stuff. And it's definitely more reserved compared to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/2. When you put them side by side, that's way more action packed I feel. And I think Sam Witwer did an excellent job as Starkiller compared to this new protagonist and yeah, he's no Starkiller who you can related to but Cal is alright, take it or leave it type of thing. There is a good chunk of customization so far that I'm seeing, like your Lightsaber, Clothes, Droid skins and the Mantis ship.

I think by the time the dust settles, this will be a very good game, but it's definitely going to be a jaded view by most due to the fact that it's the first real single player Star Wars game we've had in 9 years since Force Unleashed 2 release.

Edit: I almost forgot, there's a hidden surprise of a weapon in this game: Spoilers at your own risk: You can obtain a Double-Blade Lightsaber which happens to be a surprise and similar to God of war 4, you didn't expect to get Blades of Chaos and I only know of this Double-Blade Lightsaber exist it's being discuss on Reddit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Can't believed I've played some of it, why does the game say that the robot thing is busy all the damn time when I want to bring up the map. The enemies seem a bit far apart, lots of climbing etc.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaVillain  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k: Fallen Order is compared to the Soul games because Respawn explicitly stated that one of the core influences for the game was Dark Souls. This was back when the game was originally announced, along with some of it's details. The combat really wants badly to be Sekiro, but is nowhere near as precise, and the animations are terrible with most creatures not having good tells and also half of them just lunging through your attacks to interrupt you.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Solid 90 on Metacritic so fare,

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

@djoffer said:

Solid 90 on Metacritic so fare,

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order

Yes. It turn out to be great game in the end.

Respawn are great developers even under EA they deliver.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172380/STAR_WARS_Jedi_Fallen_Order/

heres steam reviews that are positive

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

Sounds like a decent game, but I got my hands full with RDR2 right now. It's nice to see EA isn't completely wasting the Star Wars license for a change.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

Yes. It turn out to be great game in the end.

Respawn are great developers even under EA they deliver.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172380/STAR_WARS_Jedi_Fallen_Order/

heres steam reviews that are positive

Respawn hasn't made a bad game yet. Sure, Battle Royale isn't for me, but I love their other three games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 uninspiredcup

@R4gn4r0k said:

Reviews are pretty worthless to me anyway.

This game scoring 9/10 or 6/10 won't change things for me personally.

Good attitude.

Another one is "this is EA, haha, no way".

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

Good attitude.

But I don't dislike them.

I have no quarrel using Origin and I enjoyed my time in battlefield 1, Battlefield V, Jedi: Fallen Order, and the previous two NFS games before heat.

Not to mention their originals like 'Unravel'

Yeah, they killed a lot of good developers and franchises (Simcity, C&C, Burnout, ...) but as long as their output is good I can get over that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 uninspiredcup

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Good attitude.

But I don't dislike them.

You should consider taking it up, it's a good hobby and they are objectively bad.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44147 Posts

Seems like the game is getting solid reviews. Very nice to see. Looking forward to picking this game up myself.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

Received an 8/10 from GameSpot:

Link

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blueinheaven

Great to see it's getting good reviews. I'll definitely pick this up at some point.