Jan NDP out in a couple days.......PREDICTIONS?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dustin-diamond
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts
I expect the PS3 to finish dead last out of the next gen consoles again... that's all Im prepared to bank on at this point.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts

360>DS>PS2>Wii>PS3>GBA

Remeber last year the 360 outsold the DS

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts
I expect the PS3 to finish dead last out of the next gen consoles again... that's all Im prepared to bank on at this point. dustin-diamond

I do not believe that the PS3 is going to finish last. It will be 2nd behind the Wii. The market of PS3 early adopters is not quite saturated yet.

HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts

360>DS>PS2>Wii>PS3>GBA

poopinloop32
That was before the DS Lite. You really think the 360 will outsell both the Wii and DS? Both of which have been impossible to find for the last month and a half?
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]

360>DS>PS2>Wii>PS3>GBA

HeedleGlavin
That was before the DS Lite. You really think the 360 will outsell both the Wii and DS? Both of which have been impossible to find for the last month and a half?

really think I can chose my own sale predictions?And last month the Wii was impossible to find and the 360 doubled the its sales
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
Wii>DS>360orPS3>PS2>PSP>Xbox>Gamecube
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts
Wii>DS>360orPS3>PS2>PSP>Xbox>Gamecubefatzombiepigeon
I think DS>Wii in sales.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]

360>DS>PS2>Wii>PS3>GBA

poopinloop32

really think I can chose my own sale predictions?And last month the Wii was impossible to find and the 360 doubled the its sales

It didn't really double the Wiis sales. It was 1.25 million 360s to 725k Wiis sold. The supply will have only gotten better since December - so it will be close between the 360 and Wii. And your reasoning for the 360 beating the DS?
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]

360>DS>PS2>Wii>PS3>GBA

HeedleGlavin

It didn't really double the Wiis sales. It was 1.25 million 360s to 725k Wiis sold. The supply will have only gotten better since December - so it will be close between the 360 and Wii. And your reasoning for the 360 beating the DS?

funny how no one else but me gets this closly looked at...To question me in NPD is ludicrous...I am a former Neogaf member and in Neogaf NPD is like religion...and yes I do beleive that the 360 will beat the DS
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dustin-diamond

My predictions

DS >>> 360 (only because the Wii is less available) >>>>> Wii >>>>> PSP >>>>> PS3

Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts
DS > Wii > 360 > PS2 > PSP > PS3 > GBA
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
DS on top. Wii next. PS3 after. Then 360 or PS2...

PSP and GBA in the end somewhere.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
The ps3 might not be last so there is a possibility you will get owned.

dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dustin-diamond
[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]

360>DS>PS2>Wii>PS3>GBA

poopinloop32

funny how no one else but me gets this closly looked at...To question me in NPD is ludicrous...I am a former Neogaf member and in Neogaf NPD is like religion...and yes I do beleive that the 360 will beat the DS

I bet you my account that the DS will beat the 360 in sales this month... but only if your prepared to bet your account that the 360 will win ;)

ready to put your money where your mouth is? ;)

dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dustin-diamond
The ps3 might not be last so there is a possibility you will get owned.

diggyzoom
PS3 will finish dead last out of the next gen consoles in Jan NDP. Bookmark it.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]

360>DS>PS2>Wii>PS3>GBA

dustin-diamond

I bet you my account that the DS will beat the 360 in sales this month... but only if your prepared to bet your account that the 360 will win ;)

ready to put your money where your mouth is? ;)

no....using an account that I got from my friend is not worth trading...
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

Don't know, Don't care.

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 diggyzoom
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"]The ps3 might not be last so there is a possibility you will get owned.

dustin-diamond

Maybe you can bump up this thread even if you are wrong ? What do you say ?

dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dustin-diamond
[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"]The ps3 might not be last so there is a possibility you will get owned.

diggyzoom

There's no need... because there is 0 chance the PS3 will outsell the Wii or the 360 this NDP.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 diggyzoom
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"]The ps3 might not be last so there is a possibility you will get owned.

dustin-diamond

There's no need... because there is 0 chance the PS3 will outsell the Wii or the 360 this NDP.

Translation - " I won't bump up the thread an accept the ownage if I am wrong , but I will continue to talk smack "

Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

Don't know, Don't care.

PS3_3DO

Truly I wish for your indifference on the matter. Seriously, I debate this too much.

NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NotThat_basic
Member since 2002 • 3314 Posts

I'm goin' with those 'leaked' numbers from the other day - I have ever reason to believe they may have been pretty close to the truth:

Wii > DS > PS3 > PS2 > 360

But hey - it's just an opinion, right?  :P

Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
DS> PS2> Wii > 360 > PS3
afroTunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 afroTunder
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts
i smell a DS>>> Xbox 360 >>>> Wii >>>> PS2 >>
Avatar image for _Peoples_Champ_
_Peoples_Champ_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _Peoples_Champ_
Member since 2002 • 4695 Posts
360>DS>PS2>Wii>ga>SUPER NINTENDO>ps3.
reilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 reilo
Member since 2004 • 1131 Posts
There is going to be some major ownage in the next few days. Some of these predictions are :lol:
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
I think it'll be: DS > Wii > PS2 > 360 > PSP > PS3
NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NotThat_basic
There is going to be some major ownage in the next few days. Some of these predictions are :lol:reilo
Well, that's easy for you to say when you don't seem to have the guts to make a prediction yourself... :?
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
Wii > PS3 > PS2 > DS > PSP > Pong > Coleco Vision > Atari 2600 > Tron Arcade Machine > The Personal Computer > The first calculator > Xbox360
reilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 reilo
[QUOTE="reilo"]There is going to be some major ownage in the next few days. Some of these predictions are :lol:NotThat_basic
Well, that's easy for you to say when you don't seem to have the guts to make a prediction yourself... :?

I didn't say that I would be handing out the ownage myself. Even if I were to get the predictions right, what purpose would it serve? To boost my ego? No thanks.
chip_money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chip_money
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts
DS>WII>360>PSP>PS3
NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NotThat_basic
[QUOTE="NotThat_basic"][QUOTE="reilo"]There is going to be some major ownage in the next few days. Some of these predictions are :lol:reilo

I didn't say that I would be handing out the ownage myself. Even if I were to get the predictions right, what purpose would it serve? To boost my ego? No thanks.

What purpose would it serve? I dunno - make for discussion? I mean, what are you even doing in a System Wars forum if not to discuss things and 'hand out ownage'? Or, are you one of those 'sniper posters' that lurk in the background, only reading threads until somebody says something that's obviously stupid - at which point you pop out and claim 'ownage'? Come on, make a prediction - it won't hurt!! It's only an opinion anyway, so it's not like any 'ownage' would be that strong in the end...
reilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 reilo
[QUOTE="reilo"][QUOTE="NotThat_basic"][QUOTE="reilo"]There is going to be some major ownage in the next few days. Some of these predictions are :lol:NotThat_basic

What purpose would it serve? I dunno - make for discussion? I mean, what are you even doing in a System Wars forum if not to discuss things and 'hand out ownage'? Or, are you one of those 'sniper posters' that lurk in the background, only reading threads until somebody says something that's obviously stupid - at which point you pop out and claim 'ownage'? Come on, make a prediction - it won't hurt!! It's only an opinion anyway, so it's not like any 'ownage' would be that strong in the end...

I'm not one of those "sniper posters" (good analogy btw). Sales are one of those things that people use to show their exuberance eventhough it is meaningless -- especially this early on in the console race.
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
DS, PS2, 360, wii, gba, psp, ps3
NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NotThat_basic

I'm not one of those "sniper posters" (good analogy btw). Sales are one of those things that people use to show their exuberance eventhough it is meaningless -- especially this early on in the console race.reilo

Oh, I know - but we're only here for fun anyway (well, most of us are - there are some people that take this board WAY too seriously and you gotta watch out for those people **shudder** ).

Besides, early or not, could you imagine the riot that would breakout in this forum if the 360 really is surpassed by both the PS2 and PS3??? While it may (in my opinion) be very possible (and for good reasons), it would still make for an outright slugfest in here!!

...and that's the stuff I love, which is why I'm hoping my prediction is spot-on. I just want to hear the screams of 'ownage' and cries of 'damage control' - it'll be a hoot!!!

How about - instead of making a prediction, you throw out an opinion as which way you'd like the numbers to come out? That'll make some fodder for discussion as well...  ;)

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
I think many are going to be surprised when these figures are released.

afroTunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 afroTunder
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"]The ps3 might not be last so there is a possibility you will get owned.

dustin-diamond

Ownage Detected !
XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts

My predictions.

Wii >> DS >> sega master system >> Atari 2600 >> 360 >> PS3.

reilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 reilo

[QUOTE="reilo"]I'm not one of those "sniper posters" (good analogy btw). Sales are one of those things that people use to show their exuberance eventhough it is meaningless -- especially this early on in the console race.NotThat_basic

Oh, I know - but we're only here for fun anyway (well, most of us are - there are some people that take this board WAY too seriously and you gotta watch out for those people **shudder** ).

Besides, early or not, could you imagine the riot that would breakout in this forum if the 360 really is surpassed by both the PS2 and PS3??? While it may (in my opinion) be very possible (and for good reasons), it would still make for an outright slugfest in here!!

...and that's the stuff I love, which is why I'm hoping my prediction is spot-on. I just want to hear the screams of 'ownage' and cries of 'damage control' - it'll be a hoot!!!

How about - instead of making a prediction, you throw out an opinion as which way you'd like the numbers to come out? That'll make some fodder for discussion as well... ;)

Heh. Eventhough I enjoy mayhem as much as the next guy, I'm not the type to go around "TxHBO!!!#1onesandzeros!" But if a game or something does flop, I would just say something along the lines "that is disappointing" and move on. I'd rather discuss why game x is better than game y any day of the week. In regards to the console race in January? Most likely #1-4 will be decided by less than 150,000 units (#1 will have 150K more units sold than #4) -- and that is a marginal difference at best.

MasterChumly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MasterChumly
Member since 2003 • 1239 Posts

Im really interested in seeing if the leaked/fake numbers are actually close to being correct.  For some reason I have a feeling that they might be close.

For those of you who didnt see them they are

WII = 431,550

DS = 389,901

PS3 = 288,636

PS2 = 253,456

360 = 217,670

PSP = 164,342

GBA = 146,667

CUBE = 28,945

XBOX = 1,099

NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NotThat_basic

In regards to the console race in January? Most likely #1-4 will be decided by less than 150,000 units from (#1 will have 150K more units sold than #4) -- and that is a marginal difference at best.reilo

Yup - I agree...      ...but it'll still be fun as hell around here!! :lol:

**I'm closer - I've almost got him to commit to a prediction. Just a little bit more...**

So uh, what do you think of the Wii? Do you think it has a chance to outsell the DS in January? How about the PS3 - any opinion as to whether Sony's claim of 'selling as fast as they are shipping' might hold any weight?

;)

reilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 reilo

[QUOTE="reilo"] In regards to the console race in January? Most likely #1-4 will be decided by less than 150,000 units from (#1 will have 150K more units sold than #4) -- and that is a marginal difference at best.NotThat_basic

Yup - I agree... ...but it'll still be fun as hell around here!! :lol:

**I'm closer - I've almost got him to commit to a prediction. Just a little bit more...**

So uh, what do you think of the Wii? Do you think it has a chance to outsell the DS in January? How about the PS3 - any opinion as to whether Sony's claim of 'selling as fast as they are shipping' might hold any weight?

;)

Weak bait attempt my friend, very weak. :P
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 diggyzoom
Those leaked numbers are plausible , but the 360 numbers seem a little bit low to me.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

Ds>Wii>PS2>>Ps3>360>>PSP

Japan: Ds>wii>>ps2>>ps3>>psp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360

im writing down everyones name whos putting the 360 above the ps3 for the month of january, your going to be very suprised. And ownage will be dealt out.

MasterChumly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MasterChumly
Member since 2003 • 1239 Posts

BTW since im going with the leaked numbers that means

WII>DS>PS3>PS2>360>PSP>GBA>CUBE>XBOX

NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NotThat_basic

Im really interested in seeing if the leaked/fake numbers are actually close to being correct.  For some reason I have a feeling that they might be close.

For those of you who didnt see them they are

WII = 431,550

DS = 389,901

PS3 = 288,636

PS2 = 253,456

360 = 217,670

PSP = 164,342

GBA = 146,667

CUBE = 28,945

XBOX = 1,099

MasterChumly

Yup - those are the ones I'm leaning towards. I know everyone (especially MS fanboys) couldn't wait to discount them as fake, but that 'bunkum' guy has been posting facts and figures on those boards for quite some time, and I'd be shocked to find out he was an imposter and making stuff up...

...besides - are they so outlandish? I mean, the PS2 has been consistently outselling the 360, why isn't it possible for that to continue? And the PS3 was still in it's 'launch' window, so isn't it possible that sales are up around 300k? And the Wii, we already know, is impossible to find anywhere (some 3 months after launch) - I'm sure they've been selling everything they put on the shelf.

Yeah - I think those numbers are pretty darn close to the truth...

HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
well im not into handhelds or even bother knowing what they sell or what games they get. so heres my numbers. 360 = 311k wii= 286k ps3=196k
NotThat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NotThat_basic

Weak bait attempt my friend, very weak. :Preilo

Rats!!! My motives have been spotted!!!

**runs away**

chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 chrismunx
Member since 2003 • 3964 Posts
If those leaked numbers come out to be true, I would suggest to the Lemmings to stay away from the boards for a little bit. Cows will have their small taste of sweet revenge for all the bashing.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
DS or Wii on top