Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Pedro said:

Sony fannies keep getting dumber and dumber. It is like a race to below the bottom.😂

Lmao, got that right.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: OG xbox was my go to console. More powerful than the PS2 and had ninja gaiden. Absolutely was Xbox’s best console imo.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Randy_Lahey

@girlusocrazy said:
@last_lap said:
@girlusocrazy said:

@adrian1480: Clearly that person is not a gamer

We can compare game lists if you want, pic for pic to see who has more, you up for it?

I couldn't care less what you have, what's in your brain is clearly lacking. FWIW I been there since the beginning

LOL damn shots fired.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6026 Posts

@randy_lahey said:
@last_lap said:

@randy_lahey: Cried? whenever there is a bad MS thread, you're in there 2 dozen posts deep, and where there is a bad Sony thread you're in there crying about Xbox and lems lol.

You would think that when you get banned you would look at your behaviour work on it and come back and post like a normal person, but nope you just get worse & worse.

Joining in the fun laughing at microsofts efforts with the rest of the internet is hilarious. Yes, you’re crying because you’re a thin skinned lemming whose team is getting absolutely shit on for all to see and it makes you sad. I’m going to get banned because you are upset that people are bringing up MS’s shortcomings for all to see?

LOL. Cry harder

Reading comprehension is another thing you should work on.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Last_Lap

@girlusocrazy said:
@last_lap said:
@girlusocrazy said:

@adrian1480: Clearly that person is not a gamer

We can compare game lists if you want, pic for pic to see who has more, you up for it?

I couldn't care less what you have, what's in your brain is clearly lacking. FWIW I been there since the beginning

My PS4 is not there atm as I have lent it to a friend, and there's no way i'm paying Sony $800 for a PS5, it can wait until it's value for money for me.

"what's in your brain is clearly lacking" this coming from a guy who owns an Xbox and knows nothing about its game line up that you called it bad.

We all have our bias, you towards PS and me towards Xbox and there's nothing wrong with that, however you made a dumb comment and got called on it, and then claim that I wasn't a gamer, way to make yourself look bad lol.

I saw your collection in that thread, and it's a nice collection, so your dumb comment is even more funny.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Last_Lap

@ConanTheStoner said:

Damn. Yeah I was just saying, thought the OG Xbox was pretty good. Good games. Clearly superior hardware and online.

PS2 got the most use from me, but didn't stop me from greatly enjoying the Xbox and Gamecube as well.

That's the last gen where I really felt each console was a must have.

Oh and you said it earlier better multiplats, I mean it's the flavour on the month atm lol.

Yeah, for someone in crazy who owns the OG Xbox and to call it bad just makes him look bad.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@last_lap:

Yeah no doubt. The Splinter Cell games for example, might as well have been exclusives lol. Chaos Theory especially. Which reminds me, did a ton of LAN gaming on the Xbox as well. Running spies vs mercs on separate sets, good times. Same for Halo and many others.

Pretty sure girlusocrazy just likes hamming it up for SW. At least from other convos, that's what I gather.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Last_Lap

@girlusocrazy said:

@last_lap: lolwut? You are the one who got upset someone has an opinion and complained about cred. Now you want to make drama. Have some dignity.

You got called out on your bad take, don't get mad because you were proven wrong. Then said I wasn't a gamer and yet you call on me to have some dignity lol. Mirror mate get yourself one lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#61 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

You know you have no argument when you claim someone in a game forum like this, is not a gamer.😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Last_Lap

@ConanTheStoner said:

@last_lap:

Yeah no doubt. The Splinter Cell games for example, might as well have been exclusives lol. Chaos Theory especially. Which reminds me, did a ton of LAN gaming on the Xbox as well. Running spies vs mercs on separate sets, good times. Same for Halo and many others.

Pretty sure girlusocrazy just likes hamming it up for SW. At least from other convos, that's what I gather.

Well, when you're not allowed to post on the forum for a few years and just watch on from the side lines from time to time, you kinda pick up things that you wouldn't necessarily which is all i'm going to say lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ConanTheStoner

@last_lap:

Yeah fair enough. Just in my experience, had some level headed convos where other users would have probably seen some typical SW poo slinging.

Maybe it's a Dav case, multiple users on one account.

I actually got to the bottom of that one lol.

But yeah some users are indeed every bit a fanboy clown as they show themselves here. Had a SW discord going for a while. Most people were just normal well adjusted folks outside the forum, but a few others.. 😬

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Yeah the OG Xbox was a pretty kick ass system.

- HDD

- broadband internet connection

- Halo 1 and 2

- Ninja Gaiden Black

- Otogi 2

- Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2

- Morrowind

- Guilty Gear #Reload

- Jade Empire

- Crimson Skies

Just to name a few.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Last_Lap

@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah the OG Xbox was a pretty kick ass system.

- HDD

- broadband internet connection

- Halo 1 and 2

- Ninja Gaiden Black

- Otogi 2

- Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2

- Morrowind

- Guilty Gear #Reload

- Jade Empire

- Crimson Skies

Just to name a few.

Man I'm not big on plane games but damn Crimson Skies is an awesome game. Funny thing is I would have never experienced it had my Xbox not broke down under warranty, and MS offered me a game for free for inconveniencing me while they repaired it, I had a choice of 6 games (can't remember which they were) and chose that, BEST plane game i've ever played.

Did you notice the protagonists name was Nathan and looks eerily similar to another gaming Nathan, however this one predates the other one lol.

Loading Video...

On a side note the year 2000 there was 25mins cutscenes (not that i'm saying all games were that short) in 2023 it's 5hrs+ is almost the norm 🤮

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Randy_Lahey

@girlusocrazy said:

lol another lem appears... one who's self obsessed and just can't help themselves

He truly is insufferable. Most of the hardcore lems and cows in here have enough integrity to admit when their favourite company is making mistakes. Not this clown, he’ll spin his bullshit and try and take other users down with him. It’s insane.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Last_Lap
@ConanTheStoner said:

@last_lap:

Yeah fair enough. Just in my experience, had some level headed convos where other users would have probably seen some typical SW poo slinging.

Maybe it's a Dav case, multiple users on one account.

I actually got to the bottom of that one lol.

But yeah some users are indeed every bit a fanboy clown as they show themselves here. Had a SW discord going for a while. Most people were just normal well adjusted folks outside the forum, but a few others.. 😬

It seems I missed a bit while gone also, which is a good thing. Talking about SC I was thinking of making a thread about the remake with a poll on which is the best (doing a ghosts lol) except not sure how to do a poll on here, and name my best SC game which might be a little controversial 😁

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Archangel3371

@last_lap: Did not notice the Nathan protagonist. How funny. 😅

Yeah I tried it out not really expecting much and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Makes me want to fire it up on my XSX right now. Think it’s on Game Pass but I have it anyway since I bought it digitally.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Last_Lap

@Archangel3371 said:

@last_lap: Did not notice the Nathan protagonist. How funny. 😅

Yeah I tried it out not really expecting much and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Makes me want to fire it up on my XSX right now. Think it’s on Game Pass but I have it anyway since I bought it digitally.

I've still got my physical copy, and my OG Xbox setup in the spare room, and it's making me wanna go play it again too.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ConanTheStoner
@last_lap said:

Talking about SC I was thinking of making a thread about the remake with a poll on which is the best (doing a ghosts lol) except not sure how to do a poll on here, and name my best SC game which might be a little controversial 😁

Can save you the trouble on the poll, Chaos Theory gonna get at least 90% of the votes. One of the few longer running series where the fan fav is mostly agreed upon.

Guessing you're all about gen 7 Double Agent or Conviction lol. The only picks that would be considered odd by most.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Last_Lap

@randy_lahey said:
@girlusocrazy said:

lol another lem appears... one who's self obsessed and just can't help themselves

He truly is insufferable. Most of the hardcore lems and cows in here have enough integrity to admit when their favourite company is making mistakes. Not this clown, he’ll spin his bullshit and try and take other users down with him. It’s insane.

The lack of self-awareness is amazing, but not in a good way.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Last_Lap

@ConanTheStoner said:
@last_lap said:

Talking about SC I was thinking of making a thread about the remake with a poll on which is the best (doing a ghosts lol) except not sure how to do a poll on here, and name my best SC game which might be a little controversial 😁

Can save you the trouble on the poll, Chaos Theory gonna get at least 90% of the votes. One of the few longer running series where the fan fav is mostly agreed upon.

Guessing you're all about gen 7 Double Agent or Conviction lol. The only picks that would be considered odd by most.

The first 3 games are all classics, but I got into Double Agent's bonus missions, and then 3 star'd them solo. They were just the most fun i've had in a SC game. I also found the actual game harder than the rest (maybe it was because the achievements were hard to obtain) but yeah it would be a close call for me. I guess if I wanted to be really controversial, I would have said Conviction or Blacklist.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Randy_Lahey

@last_lap: still crying because you got called out for being a shill?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Archangel3371

@last_lap: Downloaded and played a bit of Crimson Skies, couldn’t resist. 😅

It looks and plays very well on the XSX. Good stuff. Protagonist definitely has that Nathan Drake aura about him with the quipy remarks and action hero stuff.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Last_Lap

@Archangel3371 said:

@last_lap: Downloaded and played a bit of Crimson Skies, couldn’t resist. 😅

It looks and plays very well on the XSX. Good stuff. Protagonist definitely has that Nathan Drake aura about him with the quipy remarks and action hero stuff.

And his clothes as well, maybe MS should take ND to court for gimmick infringement LOL.

But damn you're making me want to play it from me making you play it lol.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Last_Lap
@randy_lahey said:

@last_lap: still crying because you got called out for being a shill?

Like I said your self-awareness (as in lack thereof is astounding on the worst level congrats). But, but you is cry lol.

Ok i'm done killing a few braincells on you.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Archangel3371

@last_lap: The one liners on this guy when he shoots enemies down. “Get off my cloud!” 😂

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ConanTheStoner
@last_lap said:

The first 3 games are all classics, but I got into Double Agent's bonus missions, and then 3 star'd them solo. They were just the most fun i've had in a SC game. I also found the actual game harder than the rest (maybe it was because the achievements were hard to obtain) but yeah it would be a close call for me. I guess if I wanted to be really controversial, I would have said Conviction or Blacklist.

Yeah no doubt, Double Agent and even Conviction had some good "side" content, arguably better than their campaigns. Blacklist too, even if I did enjoy that campaign enough.

Definitely a CT fan here though. Was the total package. Loved the campaign, the co-op, and even the vs. mode was awesome. Only game I know of that truly nailed stealth play in an online game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Archangel3371

This thread has inspired me to play some OG Xbox games. Played some Crimson Skies along with some Ninja Gaiden Black, Dead or Alive Ultimate, and Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate. DoAU is a bit of a relic but NGB and DoA2U are really fun to go back to. The XSX makes them look and play particularly sharp and crispy.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Last_Lap

@Archangel3371 said:

This thread has inspired me to play some OG Xbox games. Played some Crimson Skies along with some Ninja Gaiden Black, Dead or Alive Ultimate, and Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate. DoAU is a bit of a relic but NGB and DoA2U are really fun to go back to. The XSX makes them look and play particularly sharp and crispy.

I recommend Armed & Dangerous, has some of the funniest/best weaponry of any game on the OG Xbox

Loading Video...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Last_Lap
@ConanTheStoner said:
@last_lap said:

Yeah no doubt, Double Agent and even Conviction had some good "side" content, arguably better than their campaigns. Blacklist too, even if I did enjoy that campaign enough.

Definitely a CT fan here though. Was the total package. Loved the campaign, the co-op, and even the vs. mode was awesome. Only game I know of that truly nailed stealth play in an online game.

Ah I never played online with the OG Xbox, so I can't comment on that part of the game.

I have enjoyed every SC game, just some more than others. I would say CT was the pinnacle on the OG Xbox and DA was the same for the 360.

I'm not one for remakes/remasters etc, but for SC I think modern tech can enhance the remake so long as they stay faithful to the OG (unlike FF7R) Update the graphics and adding details to each level, bring the sound up to scratch (maybe get Mr Ironside back if he's still alive?) and they don't even need to remap the controls. If they can do that, then hopefully people buy it which encourages Ubi to make a new game, but I fear it would just encourage them to do a Capcom and remake them all.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Archangel3371

@last_lap: Thanks for the recommendation but I’m only checking out stuff that I currently own, not really looking to buy anything right. Got too many games coming out in the next little while. I may check it out in the future though.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Last_Lap

@Archangel3371 said:

@last_lap: Thanks for the recommendation but I’m only checking out stuff that I currently own, not really looking to buy anything right. Got too many games coming out in the next little while. I may check it out in the future though.

All good, I wasn't sure if it was on gamepass or not as I don't use the service.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Archangel3371

@last_lap: No problem. 👍

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ConanTheStoner

@last_lap:

Yeah I'm just not all that hopeful tbh. I don't think it's out of the question that Ubi can make a good SC game. And being a remake with the source right there, shouldn't be an issue. But the design philosophies behind those early games just don't mesh with Ubi of the past nearly two decades lol.

As for the tone, I'll be shocked if they're faithful. I'm not one of these idiots who ever thought SC was "realistic" lol. But it does have a grounded tone about it, they wanted you to think it was realistic. They wanted you immersed in those settings and scenarios. The games got continually more Hollywood as the series went on, but the first few, especially the original, were not that.

This is the company that thought Rainbow 6 players would want a goofy colorful run n gun alien invasion game. Same company that turned Ghost Recon into some Hollywood Far Cry shit.

From gameplay, to difficulty, to tone, seems next to impossible to imagine Ubi pulling it off.

As much as I'd love to see it, gotta keep my expectations at zero for now.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Last_Lap

@ConanTheStoner: Yeah it's a bit depressing to see some of those franchises go the way they have. But we as gamers have to shoulder some of the blame for buying the games (I bought the last Ghost Recon, I know, I know, but I was hoping against all hope lol)

They've been quiet on the SC remake front, hopefully we see something around E3 time with their digital show or whatever they call those crap things these days, but yeah i'm cautiously optimistic they don't totally screw it up.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ConanTheStoner

@last_lap:

Shit, I'm dunking on Wildlands while being someone who profited from its production. Part of the problem as well. 😂

Yeah I agree, I say it a lot, these pubs only push what gamers want. Or at least what they think gamers want.

Lets hope Ubi thinks there's money to be made in a... challenging level based stealth espionage game in a grounded setting. Typing that out, think we're screwed lol.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Last_Lap

@ConanTheStoner said:

@last_lap:

Shit, I'm dunking on Wildlands while being someone who profited from its production. Part of the problem as well. 😂

Yeah I agree, I say it a lot, these pubs only push what gamers want. Or at least what they think gamers want.

Lets hope Ubi thinks there's money to be made in a... challenging level based stealth espionage game in a grounded setting. Typing that out, think we're screwed lol.

Huh? do tell.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ConanTheStoner

@last_lap:

They farmed out some 3d scanning and character modeling work to my crew years back. Give us a list of age, sex, nationality, build, etc. and we find the local talent to match, mostly through agencies. Full models of each. Some extra detailed arms for 1st person view, FPS might have been their initial plan.

Funny shit was... so a lot of times when you're working on an unannounced project, it'll have a codename. Meant to keep it a secret, right.

This one was codenamed Project Ghost. Very clever Ubisoft.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45095 Posts

XSX is a good system, it just needs Sony/Nintendo level first party and it will be competitive.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Last_Lap

@ConanTheStoner said:

@last_lap:

They farmed out some 3d scanning and character modeling work to my crew years back. Give us a list of age, sex, nationality, build, etc. and we find the local talent to match, mostly through agencies. Full models of each. Some extra detailed arms for 1st person view, FPS might have been their initial plan.

Funny shit was... so a lot of times when you're working on an unannounced project, it'll have a codename. Meant to keep it a secret, right.

This one was codenamed Project Ghost. Very clever Ubisoft.

Never knew you modelled for Wildlands :P

Project Ghost huh, did they keep that code name 4 ever?

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#94 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I got an Xbox Series S about 3 years ago and it certainly is a good system. Game Pass alone makes it worth it as you have a huge selection of games to play with instead of paying full price for newly released games. I never was a fan of Xbox even though owning an Xbox 360 and Xbox One but liked a few exclusives; Fable, Halo, Gears of War, Forza Motorsport.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45095 Posts

@girlusocrazy: yea, I noticed with Xbox they have games, but they aren’t really system sellers. Like for example, Microsoft Flight Simulator. Highly acclaimed, but not really a mainstream game.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8852 Posts

@regnaston: To be honest, he has a point.

I think MS and Spencer have done a lot to try and "right the ship" after the complete disaster than was "XBox One". That process will, and has, taken a lot of time to do because MS screwed up in such an epic fashion. Then, they goofed last year with delays.

I am willing to give MS a chance until 2025. I think that if I look back in 2025, I will see how great the ecosystem is on XBox. But, if it is not - if it is still a train wreck, then I won't be giving MS another chance next gen.