regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Forget the video title it talks about way more than that. And I think he is spot on about the criticisms of Xbox as well as its praises

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69431 Posts

A breakdown on what he said would be great. I don't default to watching opinion vids without some more substance.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6026 Posts

Never heard of him.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Pedro: busy at work right now.. I will re-watch it and summarize later

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Great video, you failed at making this thread though. You need to click bait more, should have called it: ps5 GoW creator, David Jaffe call Xbox best deal in gaming

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pedro

Summary, Gamepass is an excellent deal but MS sucks at managing there huge collection of studios and fails at effectively marketing Gamepass.

I will add that MS despite have so much control over a single platform, absolutely suck at making use of the technology they initially bragged about and they are a software company 🤭

30 FPS excluded game on the horizon.🫨

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#7 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

@last_lap said:

Never heard of him.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38820 Posts

@last_lap said:

Never heard of him.

Oh god. Three years ago, every time i mentioned someone that everyone in the gaming space has heard off of, you always quoted me with "who???". That included ShillUP.

I thought that after all these years you'd be more in the know, but i guess nothing has changed lol.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: I play games not fangirl the people behind them. And I rarely watch YT and their daily/weekly video game news shows. Shill Up is a moron, craps on about PC and he flip flops in his reviews and will slam a game for one thing but give it a pass in another because its from one of his fave devs.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: I play games not fangirl the people behind them.

Fair enough. But realistically, google is just as quick as making a post. And in this case, it's both in the title of the vid and occupies like a third of the thumbnail lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: I play games not fangirl the people behind them. And I rarely watch YT and their daily/weekly video game news shows. Shill Up is a moron, craps on about PC and he flip flops in his reviews and will slam a game for one thing but give it a pass in another because its from one of his fave devs.

Anybody that wastes their time on a gaming forum cannot have never heard of shillup, angryjoe, act man, crowbcat, yongyea, etc. It doesn't matter if you don't like em. Not having heard of them makes you look like you're one of those people who think its cool to spam the "WHO?" when someone asks you a question. Being ignorant is not cool, imagine that.

And i can semi understand not knowing David Jaffe if you never owned a PS or cared about the God of War series, but after his hot takes on Metroid Dread that were circulating literally everywhere, you must've been under a rock to have never heard of his ass by now.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

David Jaffe? The same guy that didn't know how to get through the tutorial of a Metroid game?

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

Well, Jaffe actually gives a very compelling insight into the relationship between Xbox and Xbox gamers in the video.

Let me quote him for Lems.

Jeffe says [9:10-];

"Microsoft is the Ike Turner of video games [...] He was very dominating and he was very abusive.

And he kept saying “I won't hit you anymore, come on back. I won't hit you anymore...” every time she [Tina Turner] came back she got beaten.

If I have to hear one more “this is the year trust me, it was bad last year but…” Oh it's gross. It's not even a meme anymore now.

You say you are an Xbox gamer, and your abuser is Phil Spencer like that. “Trust me it won't happen again”. It happens every time."

Pretty precise, huh? haha.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

Wait a sec, he think the ps5 pro is gonna be announced in June? Where is this coming from, and why would Sony release it this early? It has only been a few months that the ps5 stock stabilized, and they're releasing a Pro model? Not to mention that from having listened DF about this subject, they don't think that there's a viable upgrade path currently available, as in if they were to release a pro, the upgrade will be shit.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: I've only heard of those people because they were mentioned on here, so if I say who I really mean it. I couldn't tell you who the head of Turn 10 or Playground studios are, and they make my favourite games lol.

If people think im ignorant then that's on then for being ignorant also then, because they think everyone who posts here should know every developer by name like they do.

I don't use social media at all, no Facebook, Twitter or whatever is considered social media. This place is the only social media (is it though?) That I use and YT but that's mostly for watching tv shows that are not shown over in my country.

As for owning PS consoles I probably have more than you, but don't worry, i'm not going to bet you because you don't follow through lol.

I'm glad we cleared that up :)

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Last_Lap

@st_monica: Is he married? I hope not as I would feel sorry for his wife because it sounds like he's talking from experience.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: I've only heard of those people because they were mentioned on here, so if I say who I really mean it. I couldn't tell you who the head of Turn 10 or Playground studios are, and they make my favourite games lol.

If people think im ignorant then that's on then for being ignorant also then, because they think everyone who posts here should know every developer by name like they do.

I don't use social media at all, no Facebook, Twitter or whatever is considered social media. This place is the only social media (is it though?) That I use and YT but that's mostly for watching tv shows that are not shown over in my country.

As for owning PS consoles I probably have more than you, but don't worry, i'm not going to bet you because you don't follow through lol.

I'm glad we cleared that up :)

I don't use any social media either. Never even made a twitter/facebook account, so that's not an excuse.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Last_Lap

@ConanTheStoner: I admit I was being lazy and read the headline and just hit who which is easier, but I really didn't know who he was.

Also wenzen got angry with me remembering something from 3yrs ago he's still upset with me about, so in the end an unexpected plus lol.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

@last_lap said:

@st_monica: Is he married? I hope not as I would feel sorry for his wife because it sounds like he's talking from experience.

I don't know. But the relationship Jeffe mentions between singer Ike Turner and his ex-wife Tina, also a singer, is sometimes used by boomers as an example of an abusive relationship between a couple. So I guess nothing about personal.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap: I have seen so many "who'ers" over the years while talking about the souls games that it triggers me at this point😅Once upon a time, you mentioned Miyazaki, and the "WHO????" is all you were getting. And for the love of fk, you better know who the man is at this point.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

@jaydan said:

David Jaffe? The same guy that didn't know how to get through the tutorial of a Metroid game?

Dang, I forgot about that. He did get upset with Metroid Dread about its poorly designed and he's entitled to his opinion on the game.

@BassMan said:
@last_lap said:

Never heard of him.

Yo, you forgot about this guy:

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Last_Lap

@davillain: Is that from Twisted Metal, and did this guy make that as well?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Last_Lap
@hardwenzen said:

@last_lap: I have seen so many "who'ers" over the years while talking about the souls games that it triggers me at this point😅Once upon a time, you mentioned Miyazaki, and the "WHO????" is all you were getting. And for the love of fk, you better know who the man is at this point.

Does he work for Nintendo? sounds Japanese.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

That guy really, really sucks at Metroid Dread.

In fact, someone who suck that much at videogames isn't interesting to listen to when talking about videogames.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts
@last_lap said:

David Jaffe also made Twisted Metal games & as well for God of War.

Edit: We're supposed to be getting a Twisted Metal show coming this year.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Last_Lap

@davillain said:
@last_lap said:

David Jaffe also made Twisted Metal games & as well for God of War.

Edit: We're supposed to be getting a Twisted Metal show coming this year.

Games I know, the geezers behind them not so much, apparently that's a bad thing 🤷‍♂️

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

It’s not really that difficult to know of some developers and game designers simply by frequenting forums and game news sites because some developers are out there front and center talking about their games or are often being talked about. Guys like Harada, Miyamoto, Miyazaki, Jaffe, Blezinski, Ono, Iga, etc. These guys are/were always doing interviews and out there often in front of people talking about their games. It’s kind of difficult to be out amongst the gaming community without tripping over these names.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#28 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

@davillain said:
@jaydan said:

Dang, I forgot about that. He did get upset with Metroid Dread about its poorly designed and he's entitled to his opinion on the game.

@BassMan said:
@last_lap said:

Never heard of him.

Yo, you forgot about this guy:

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Last_Lap

@Archangel3371 said:

It’s not really that difficult to know of some developers and game designers simply by frequenting forums and game news sites because some developers are out there front and center talking about their games or are often being talked about. Guys like Harada, Miyamoto, Miyazaki, Jaffe, Blezinski, Ono, Iga, etc. These guys are/were always doing interviews and out there often in front of people talking about their games. It’s kind of difficult to be out amongst the gaming community without tripping over these names.

For me it's where I see most names on here. I don't go to gaming news sites, and very rarely visit this sites news section, I don't have any forms of social media, watch podcasts, Youtubers etc.

The 2 I knew back in the day was Yuji Naka (Sonic Creator) & Yu Suzuki (Shenmue creator) and that was because I use to buy gaming magazines back in the day, and I'm a massive Sega fan and probably should know more, but who makes them is irrelevant, as long as the games are good then i'm happy.

One of my fave games last gen was Remnant from the Ashes, and I look forward to playing Remnant 2 later this year. I know that its being made by Gunfire Games (I did have to Google that just to make sure I was right) but do not know any names from the company, for me there is no point.

Out of those you mentioned I'm 99% sure that Miyamoto is a Nintendo guy, the rest, well I now know about that Jaffe guy, the rest yeah no real idea.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ConanTheStoner

A lot of them are just names I picked up on from forum posting over the years.

Definitely keep up with creators I like though. Same for any other art and entertainment.

Jaffe specifically, found out about him during all those action game debates. When he came out multiple times like "yeah, God of War combat isn't on that level", was pretty funny lol. He's always been an outspoken guy, used to show up in forum talk a lot. And then most recently, becoming a Metroid meme.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

@last_lap: Yeah I get all that, just saying that even if you’re not into the games these guys are involved in you’re very likely going to see people talking about them in forums and such. Doesn’t necessarily mean that those people are even all that into their games either or very closely follow them. Those names just get around via word of mouth because they put themselves out there more by doing interviews more often and just being out in the spotlight more.

The reason you probably don’t know key developers or game designers from other games like Remnant and Forza is because I don’t think any of them specifically put themselves out like the well known names do. I love the Forza games as well but couldn’t tell you any specific person who’s a key developer for it.

Harada is the producer of the Tekken games and Ono was for Street Fighter IV. They were/are often out there amongst the fighting game community during tournaments, events, etc. Easy for the community to associate with them.

Cliff Blesinski was the Gears of War guy for Gears of War 1, 2, and 3. Always out promoting his games as well as giving some hot takes. A name you would see a number of posters talking about back then.

Iga is the Castlevania guy behind Symphony of the Night and the Castlevania games for Gameboy Advance and DS as well as Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. An eccentrically dressed fellow who’s games are sometimes referred to as “IgaVania”.

Then there’s one’s like Kojima and David Cage who literally put their name on the game case.

Yep, Miyamoto is definitely the Nintendo guy. Been around for so long and being behind the Zelda and Mario franchises make it easy for the gaming community at large to know who he is.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

Interesting watch/listen, thanks for sharing. But, yeah, if you're going to share something, more insight is needed in the original post.

He says Gamepass is the best deal in gaming, and there is definitely an argument for that, but then admits their 1st party output and management is terrible. And really the 1st party stuff is supposed to be the selling point of Gamepass, no?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@jaydan said:

🤣🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Last_Lap

@Archangel3371: Yeah I tend to steer clear of all social media, dev interviews or developer diaries and the like.

I've never played a Tekken game which is probably why i've never hear of him.

Again never played a Castlevania game, so again that's probably why.

The last SF game I played was IV back on the 360, but not enough to care who made it.

Ah cliffy, yeah i've seen his name on here a few times. I've only ever played the OG Gears and hated every second of it and try to block that game out of my memory :(

Yeah heard of Kojima, that's enough about him lol, and that cage fellow I believe made a lot of cinematic heavy PS games like Heavy Rain and that Detroit game, which i've seen people mention on here.

So yeah, i'm not to good on the people behind games, but the games even if I haven't played them i've heard about them.

This is the only forum I come to (no joke) and when I was given a rest I didn't go to places like IGN.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ConanTheStoner

@girlusocrazy:

Thought the OG Xbox was pretty cool. Some pretty great exclusives, some significantly better versions of some multiplats. As far as online on consoles go, really a league of its own at the time.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@jaydan: yes, its the same guy that couldn't hit the block in metroid dread, and started raging.

But now he's regained some credibility with his praise of Xbox as the greatest deal in gaming history. He knows what he's talking about.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Last_Lap

@ConanTheStoner said:

@girlusocrazy:

Thought the OG Xbox was pretty cool. Some pretty great exclusives, some significantly better versions of some multiplats. As far as online on consoles go, really a league of its own at the time.

I can vouch for this, I still have 120+ games for it.

But you're not going to convince crazy, they're posts are 1 of 2 things, Bloodborne da best game eva, or MS bad while claiming to be a manticore lol.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

@last_lap said:

Never heard of him.

pardon?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Last_Lap

@girlusocrazy said:

@last_lap: It had some good games, but not as evenly split as Wii/360/PS3. That gen was PS2 by a landslide.

Sorry to break it to you but manticores do exist, some of us enjoy gaming and want access to all the games.

C'mon man you're not fooling anyone here. Your post history is there for all to see.

So after being called out by me & conan, you will say there was "some" good games, and then have to mention the PS2 (but, but, i'm a manticore lol) as some sort of slight against the OG Xbox which means nothing in this conversation other than stating your bias.

Maybe you should educate yourself on the lists of exclusives the OG Xbox had (some of the best games of that gen) which doesn't make the PS2 bad or negate it's great games either. Just because one gets thousands more games over another doesn't mean the lesser one is bad. Any sensible person knows this.

By the way I still have multiple PS2's with 100+ games to compliment my OG Xbox with 100+ games.

So I guess i'm a manticore because I would probably have more gaming devices than probably 90% of this board.

I might have to make a manticore sig lol.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@last_lap said:
@girlusocrazy said:

@last_lap: It had some good games, but not as evenly split as Wii/360/PS3. That gen was PS2 by a landslide.

Sorry to break it to you but manticores do exist, some of us enjoy gaming and want access to all the games.

C'mon man you're not fooling anyone here. Your post history is there for all to see.

So after being called out by me & conan, you will say there was "some" good games, and then have to mention the PS2 (but, but, i'm a manticore lol) as some sort of slight against the OG Xbox which means nothing in this conversation other than stating your bias.

Maybe you should educate yourself on the lists of exclusives the OG Xbox had (some of the best games of that gen) which doesn't make the PS2 bad or negate it's great games either. Just because one gets thousands more games over another doesn't mean the lesser one is bad. Any sensible person knows this.

By the way I still have multiple PS2's with 100+ games to compliment my OG Xbox with 100+ games.

So I guess i'm a manticore because I would probably have more gaming devices than probably 90% of this board.

I might have to make a manticore sig lol.

Lol this is rich from someone who cried in the other thread for being called a shill. Look at that, a butthurt Xbox shill calling out other people on being “biased”.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Last_Lap

@girlusocrazy said:

@adrian1480: Clearly that person is not a gamer

We can compare game lists if you want, pic for pic to see who has more, you up for it?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pedro

Sony fannies keep getting dumber and dumber. It is like a race to below the bottom.😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Last_Lap

@randy_lahey: Cried? whenever there is a bad MS thread, you're in there 2 dozen posts deep, and where there is a bad Sony thread you're in there crying about Xbox and lems lol.

You would think that when you get banned you would look at your behaviour work on it and come back and post like a normal person, but nope you just get worse & worse.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Randy_Lahey

@Pedro said:

Sony fannies keep getting dumber and dumber. It is like a race to below the bottom.😂

Jeffe says [9:10-];

"Microsoft is the Ike Turner of video games [...] He was very dominating and he was very abusive.

And he kept saying “I won't hit you anymore, come on back. I won't hit you anymore...” every time she [Tina Turner] came back she got beaten.

If I have to hear one more “this is the year trust me, it was bad last year but…” Oh it's gross. It's not even a meme anymore now.

You say you are an Xbox gamer, and your abuser is Phil Spencer like that. “Trust me it won't happen again”. It happens every time."

do you need it quoted a third time Pedro? Lmao

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Last_Lap
@adrian1480 said:
@last_lap said:

Never heard of him.

pardon?

Why do people find it hard that there are gamers out there who don't follow people and only games?

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Randy_Lahey
@last_lap said:

@randy_lahey: Cried? whenever there is a bad MS thread, you're in there 2 dozen posts deep, and where there is a bad Sony thread you're in there crying about Xbox and lems lol.

You would think that when you get banned you would look at your behaviour work on it and come back and post like a normal person, but nope you just get worse & worse.

Joining in the fun laughing at microsofts efforts with the rest of the internet is hilarious. Yes, you’re crying because you’re a thin skinned lemming whose team is getting absolutely shit on for all to see and it makes you sad. I’m going to get banned because you are upset that people are bringing up MS’s shortcomings for all to see?

LOL. Cry harder

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ConanTheStoner

Damn. Yeah I was just saying, thought the OG Xbox was pretty good. Good games. Clearly superior hardware and online.

PS2 got the most use from me, but didn't stop me from greatly enjoying the Xbox and Gamecube as well.

That's the last gen where I really felt each console was a must have.