Iwata: Nintendo's future will be determined this holiday

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Couth_ said:

For the gamers it would be better. Instead of having to buy a shit console to play the handful of nintendo franchises that are worth a damn, you could play them on superior devices that people actually care to own. Game sales would increase as well. They could hit GTA type numbers on some of their blockbuster franchises

I can see it already:

E3 2014 SONY CONFERENCE: "But wait, we have one more announcement".. Mario or zelda comes out... so many tonnes of mega

And again, if Nintendo were to exit the console market, they would just double down on their own handhelds. Handhelds they know. Their handhelds are great, and they sell like water in a desert. Nintendo properties and games would be exclusive to the 3DS and its successors, not go to the PS4 and Xbox or whatever.

Yugh.. Terrible move. That does sound like a Nintendo move

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Wii Party U and Wii Fit U they will save the WiiU........??lol

RIP WiiU.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

@g0ddyX said:

A sinking ship.

So much for the Wii:U hype a year ago.

I think that was from two years ago, but yeah, things quickly took a turn for the worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#54 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Couth_ said:

Hope they flop and go third party on consoles. It would be better for everyone really.

If it was better for everyone, one company and one company name wouldn't be in the s***hole they are in right now.

That one company and its name is in the shithole because its management did not handle the transition properly, which, in turn, happened because they had no money and so had to be bought out by another company, a soulless corporate drone, which led them to their current predicament.

Nintendo is not Sega. If Nintendo were to go third party, it would not be like Sega. Stop trying to point to one to paint anything about the other.

Always with the "Ninty is not SEGA" excuse. It doesn't matter if they are not alike, Char. It would end up the death of them even if they had the money (which they would lose if they didn't move on). The audiences Nintendo has aren't with the other systems, even those who have more than one system will more then likely ignore Nintendo's offerings for everything else. Quality may not decrease, but popularity will.

Besides, it's not just SEGA. Atari, even in-name only (it doesn't matter if it was Infogrames, they LEGALLY used the Atari name) became irrelevant to most gamers and already was by the time Atari games that didn't have Dragon Ball Z on the box released in the 2000's.

Again, Atari and Sega are similar in that they were the victims of corporate takeovers. Because they had no money. Nintendo has $11 billion in the bank.

The other audiences will ignore Nintendo's offerings? You have absolutely no proof. Most of Nintendo's core audience will continue to buy Nintendo games no matter what system the games appeared on (because, guess what? Nintendo's games are system movers. This means people don't care what system they play the games on, they just want to play the games). Lapsed Nintendo gamers might even begin to look into checking some Nintendo games out in that scenario (people who can't be arsed to pay $300 to play the new Mario and Zelda would definitely look into it if it was available on a system they already own). People who haven't played Nintendo games ever would be more inclined to check said games out.

Nintendo going third party is a pipedream, but it would not spell any sort of disaster or irrelevance for the company. That assertion makes absolutely no sense.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#55 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Couth_ said:

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Couth_ said:

Hope they flop and go third party on consoles. It would be better for everyone really.

If it was better for everyone, one company and one company name wouldn't be in the s***hole they are in right now.

That one company and its name is in the shithole because its management did not handle the transition properly, which, in turn, happened because they had no money and so had to be bought out by another company, a soulless corporate drone, which led them to their current predicament.

Nintendo is not Sega. If Nintendo were to go third party, it would not be like Sega. Stop trying to point to one to paint anything about the other.

For the gamers it would be better. Instead of having to buy a shit console to play the handful of nintendo franchises that are worth a damn, you could play them on superior devices that people actually care to own. Game sales would increase as well. They could hit GTA type numbers on some of their blockbuster franchises

I can see it already:

E3 2014 SONY CONFERENCE: "But wait, we have one more announcement".. Mario or zelda comes out... so many tonnes of mega

Because Nintendo would WANT to release games on a console by a business they shafted so many years ago, right? Hiroshi Yamauchi blew Sony off for a reason, like it or not and Nintendo is likely going to keep it that way.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

I know its the media (and partially an American thing) but people are over-exaggerating way too much. There have been companies in far worse positions. Remember the Playstation 3? It had horrific sales and even less games than what the Wii-U had. Don't even get me started about the commercials.

Like my earlier comment, Nintendo won't change anything. They are going to push for 2014 games, the wii-u will catch on a bit more and everyone moves on. Its clear that there's a hunger for a new games for the system. Every new release injects some sort of excitement, however I think November and December will be the months that give momentum to the Wii-U it badly needed.

I think its very strange however how flawless Nintendo rolled out the 3DS's recover but can't seem to do the same for the WIi-U. I would challenge what they have said about development times of games.

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts

@charizard1605: I love how sheep blame software and software only for the wii eww's failure but not it's garbage hardware.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Couth_ said:

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Couth_ said:

I can see it already:

And again, if Nintendo were to exit the console market, they would just double down on their own handhelds. Handhelds they know. Their handhelds are great, and they sell like water in a desert. Nintendo properties and games would be exclusive to the 3DS and its successors, not go to the PS4 and Xbox or whatever.

3DS's days are numbered too, Char. Making the 2DS is proof that they realized 3d was a gimmick. Iwata should commit sudoku already.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#59 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

I think Nintendo will perform modestly. Not awful, not great, but it'll be enough to not completely abandon the platform.

I believe Nintendo will inevitably look to expand their mobile division and contract their living room presence (they should look to develop a PC client ala Steam/Origin and sell their titles through that on Windows/SteamOS).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@g0ddyX
said:

A sinking ship.

What Wii U hype? There was never any Wii U hype from the moment it was revealed at E3 two and a half years ago.

@Couth_ said:

Not a terrible move, a genius move. They get to keep their hardware/software exclusivity, keep two revenue streams open, and their budget for game development automatically plunges.

@nintendoboy16 said:

Because Nintendo would WANT to release games on a console by a business they shafted so many years ago, right? Hiroshi Yamauchi blew Sony off for a reason, like it or not and Nintendo is likely going to keep it that way.

Yes, because

• Times change
  • Nintendo's 'blowing off Sony' was based on a profit sharing dispute that would no longer apply
  • Nintendo, if they were to go third party for consoles, would go to the highest selling console, if not all of them. Xbox, PlayStation, whatever.

Again, Nintendo games on PlayStation or Xbox are a pipedream, but not because of the reasons you keep stating, because if they were to go third party, it would be due to investor pressure, and guess what, investors would make them go iOS and Android.

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheKingIAm

@mexicangordo: The PS3 was different because it was actually powerful and could run most 3rd party titles

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#62 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@Capitan_Kid said:

@Bigboi500 said:

If Nintendo exits the console market, expect Japanese niche titles to all but disappear, only still existing in small sprinkles on Sony consoles with the majority of console games being Western multiplats.

With that being the case, why not play those kinds of games on PC? I believe that if Nintendo leaves the console market, consoles will become irrelevant and implode in a short time, offering nothing that PC gaming doesn't do, just inferior non-exclusive games and casual family entertainment.

Go buy a Wii U and save console gaming, or don't and let the market be restricted to Kinect titles and inferior military shooter multiplats.

Thats funny considering PS3 was and still is the place to find all the japanese niche games. Nintendo is the one that gets small sprinkles of that.

Your posts constantly tell of heavy bias toward Sony, so I don't take them seriously.

That doesn't mean he is wrong, PS3 is easily the system for niche Japanese games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@mexicangordo said:

I know its the media (and partially an American thing) but people are over-exaggerating way too much. There have been companies in far worse positions. Remember the Playstation 3? It had horrific sales and even less games than what the Wii-U had. Don't even get me started about the commercials.

Like my earlier comment, Nintendo won't change anything. They are going to push for 2014 games, the wii-u will catch on a bit more and everyone moves on. Its clear that there's a hunger for a new console and games for the system. Every new release injects some sort of excitement, however I think November and December will be the months that the momentum the Wii-U so badly needed.

I think its very strange however how flawless Nintendo rolled out the 3DS's recover but can't seem to do the same for the WIi-U. I would challenge what they have said about development times of games.

The 3DS had backing from the rest of the industry. The Wii U doesn't.

The PlayStation 3 was never in such a bad position. The only other system that was in such a bad place was Saturn. Guess where Saturn ended up.

@Locutus_Picard said:

3DS's days are numbered too, Char. Making the 2DS is proof that they realized 3d was a gimmick. Iwata should commit sudoku already.

The **** is this shit?

3DS is accelerating. It just got its biggest game. It just got the hardware revision that will most likely push its sales into the mainstream.

And that last comment, though hilariously mistyped, is way out of line.

@TheKingIAm said:

@charizard1605: I love how sheep blame software and software only for the wii eww's failure but not it's garbage hardware.

A game system is about its games and games only. Hardware has **** all to do with anything. If you weren't a twat, you'd understand.

@Basinboy said:

I think Nintendo will perform modestly. Not awful, not great, but it'll be enough to not completely abandon the platform.

I believe Nintendo will inevitably look to expand their mobile division and contract their living room presence (they should look to develop a PC client ala Steam/Origin and sell their titles through that on Windows/SteamOS).

If they were to make a client for PC, I would assume only their older games would be released there, while their newest games remained exclusive to their handheld.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

Nintendo should go third party. Theyve sucked at making consoles since N64. Gamecube would've been great if they focused more on online play. They're good at charm and bad at everything else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@NineTailedGoku said:

Nintendo should go third party. Theyve sucked at making consoles since N64. Gamecube would've been great if they focused more on online play. They're good at charm and bad at everything else.

Gamecube was great; super powerful, cheap and efficient design with a wonderful controller, connectivity to handhelds, and as much hardware infrastructure for online games as the PS2. You don't know what you are talking about.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 nintendoboy16

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Always with the "Ninty is not SEGA" excuse. It doesn't matter if they are not alike, Char. It would end up the death of them even if they had the money (which they would lose if they didn't move on). The audiences Nintendo has aren't with the other systems, even those who have more than one system will more then likely ignore Nintendo's offerings for everything else. Quality may not decrease, but popularity will.

Besides, it's not just SEGA. Atari, even in-name only (it doesn't matter if it was Infogrames, they LEGALLY used the Atari name) became irrelevant to most gamers and already was by the time Atari games that didn't have Dragon Ball Z on the box released in the 2000's.

Again, Atari and Sega are similar in that they were the victims of corporate takeovers. Because they had no money. Nintendo has $11 billion in the bank.

The other audiences will ignore Nintendo's offerings? You have absolutely no proof. Most of Nintendo's core audience will continue to buy Nintendo games no matter what system the games appeared on (because, guess what? Nintendo's games are system movers. This means people don't care what system they play the games on, they just want to play the games). Lapsed Nintendo gamers might even begin to look into checking some Nintendo games out in that scenario (people who can't be arsed to pay $300 to play the new Mario and Zelda would definitely look into it if it was available on a system they already own). People who haven't played Nintendo games ever would be more inclined to check said games out.

Nintendo going third party is a pipedream, but it would not spell any sort of disaster or irrelevance for the company. That assertion makes absolutely no sense.

Sure about that? Several polls would take Skyrim over Mario (and this is with them still having hardware). Here's one of them. Can't imagine Ninty's franchises lasting long as multiplats. Might as well kill Mario and the gang and make new IP's for those consoles or just leave gaming (maybe the industry will be better off then).

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

The **** is this shit?

3DS is accelerating. It just got its biggest game. It just got the hardware revision that will most likely push its sales into the mainstream.

And that last comment, though hilariously mistyped, is way out of line.

The typo is intentional. Gamers have been clamoring for a second analog stick, the revision took damn functionality away and looks ugly as sin. Making a 3d-less sku shows a lack of confidence and lack of vision in, albeit a gimmick, their features. Tell, what's after pokemon? A watered down Mario Kart port?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Sure about that? Several polls would take Skyrim over Mario (and this is with them still having hardware). Here's one of them. Can't imagine Ninty's franchises lasting long as multiplats. Might as well kill Mario and the gang and make new IP's for those consoles or just leave gaming (maybe the industry will be better off then).

So Skyrim won over Mario on one poll on one website... and this is proof that Nintendo's IPs wouldn't sell on other consoles?

I'm done here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Locutus_Picard said:

The typo is intentional. Gamers have been clamoring for a second analog stick, the revision took damn functionality away and looks ugly as sin. Making a 3d-less sku shows a lack of confidence and lack of vision in, albeit a gimmick, their features. Tell, what's after pokemon? A watered down Mario Kart port?

Once again, you forget that software trumps over hardware.

What's next after Pokemon? Zelda, Kirby, Yoshi, Bravely Default, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Super Smash Bros. Not to mention unannounced franchises like Metroid.

Taking the 3D away shows that they want the damn thing to sell to little kids, so they take away a feature that adds to the cost needlessly, and also has bad press associated with it.

Not adding the second analog stick shows that they don't want to fragment the install base (and the second analog stick is not needed for most 3DS games anyway; those that need it support the peripheral).

'Watered down Mario Part port?' 3DS got Mario Kart 7, a mainline entry in the series that was better than the recent console entry. You know why? Because Nintendo does not treat its handhelds as second class citizens.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AtariKidX

@charizard1605 said:
@g0ddyX said:

A sinking ship.

What Wii U hype? There was never any Wii U hype from the moment it was revealed at E3 two and a half years ago.

@Couth_ said:

Not a terrible move, a genius move. They get to keep their hardware/software exclusivity, keep two revenue streams open, and their budget for game development automatically plunges.

@nintendoboy16 said:

Yes, because

• Times change
  • Nintendo's 'blowing off Sony' was based on a profit sharing dispute that would no longer apply
  • Nintendo, if they were to go third party for consoles, would go to the highest selling console, if not all of them. Xbox, PlayStation, whatever.

Again, Nintendo games on PlayStation or Xbox are a pipedream, but not because of the reasons you keep stating, because if they were to go third party, it would be due to investor pressure, and guess what, investors would make them go iOS and Android.

You are one of those who hype the WiiU......lolol

WiiUwiiuwiiuwiiuwiiu......remember?? Also the WiiU is already a dead console.UK retailers sent back 20,000 of the things back to Nintendo........If that is not the definition of a dead system then I don't know what is.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#71  Edited By AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

The 3DS was in a similar position some years ago. Nintendo just needs to start kicking in great games and stop leaving the Wii U as a barren wasteland. The 3DS is now a great hit and a great console to own, the same can happen with the Wii U if there was actually support for the system. Nintendo has made some BIG but obvious mistakes with the Wii U. Firstly, why did they call it Wii U when the 3DS just had the same problem with identity? Did they learn anything? Secondly, they must have heard all the hardships that came with HD gaming, so why is it they didn't capitalize on what people have learned already, instead of making their devs go through the same hurdles everyone else already went through? They are having such a hard time releasing games, apparently, but that problem could have been easily fixed if they just brought in more experienced people.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

What bugs me is Iwata considered Wii Party U to be one of those games that will push the Wii U this holiday...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By nintendoboy16

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

So Skyrim won over Mario on one poll on one website... and this is proof that Nintendo's IPs wouldn't sell on other consoles?

I'm done here.

Or how about looking at the top sellers of each consoles and look at their demographics? Most PS/XBOX games (as much as I hate to make this separation) that sold the most are for an older audience while Nintendo's games, while marketed and made for "Everyone", are considered "kiddy".

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 AtariKidX

@RogueStatus28 said:

What bugs me is Iwata considered Wii Party U to be one of those games that will push the Wii U this holiday...

Wii Party U..............lol

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Basinboy

@charizard1605 said:
@Basinboy said:

If they were to make a client for PC, I would assume only their older games would be released there, while their newest games remained exclusive to their handheld.

If you know where to look (and aren't afraid of tinkering), you already can get the majority of Nintendo's backlog on PC. But I hope they do head toward being a software company for their large budget titles. I think they have a future in handhelds if they wise up and start figuring out a way to synergize the 3DS with smartphones OSs, but knowing Nintendo, they won't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AtariKidX said:

You are one of those who hype the WiiU......lolol

WiiUwiiuwiiuwiiuwiiu......remember?? Also the WiiU is already a dead console.UK retailers sent back 20,000 of the things back to Nintendo........If that is not the definition of a dead system then I don't know what is.

I hyped the Wii U? I didn't hype it, I covered its news, genius. If I was hyped for it, I would have had one already.

@nintendoboy16 said:

Or how about looking at the top sellers of each consoles and look at their demographics? Most PS/XBOX games (as much as I hate to make this separation) that sold the most are for an older audience while Nintendo's games, while marketed and made for "Everyone", are considered "kiddy".

And this disproves my point? This proves that Nintendo IPs would sell like shit on other systems?

Just for reference's sake, let me copy/paste my argument here:

Now if you want to continue this discussion, come up real arguments that counter a logical line of thinking, not strawmen.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Couth_ said:

I can see it already:

Because Yamauchi is still runs Nintendo right? And Ken Kutaragi is still in charge of play station right? And it's not like companies can ever make amends right? It's not like Apple and Samsung do business together whilst suing each other right? RIGHT nintendo boy? You must be a CEO of a large corporation yourself with all of your fantastic knowledge.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@g0ddyX said:

A sinking ship.

You were the centre of it all here on System Wars. Talk about backfire.
It was there the moment it was released and was a dismal failure.

The annoucement of the superior X1 and PS4 was pretty much the finishing blow of the Wii:U

Nintendo makers can admit to the Wii:U suffering, you cant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Basinboy said:

@charizard1605 said:
@Basinboy said:

If you know where to look (and aren't afraid of tinkering), you already can get the majority of Nintendo's backlog on PC. But I hope they do head toward being a software company for their large budget titles. I think they have a future in handhelds if they wise up and start figuring out a way to synergize the 3DS with smartphones OSs, but knowing Nintendo, they won't.

They've actually already started on that path; Miiverse and eShop are both coming to iOS and Android, with a Pokemon Global Link app coming to iOS and Android as well.

I think handheld/mobile synergy would be a great route for them to take.

And yes, I know about Nintendo's back catalog on PC. I meant a legal method.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

So Iwata is depending Wii U's faith on 3D World, Wii Fit U, and Wii Part U for the holiday? We'll see how this turns out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@g0ddyX said:

The annoucement of the superior X1 and PS4 was pretty much the finishing blow of the Wii:U

I was making threads for the Wii U, yes. There was no hype, genius.

The Wii U sticky was a bust. There was no excitement about it. No one cared.

Nintendo makers can care to the Wii U's failure, but I can't? Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work. Go through my posting history. Or you know what, I'll make it easier for you. Read my posts in this thread.

Alucard_Inoue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Alucard_Inoue
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

The only Nintendo console I will buy is a Nintendo handheld console.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Couth_ said:

Your ignorance and ass pulling is hilarious. Atari had $5_ billion and going until Tramil focused to much money on the Jaguar and then CUT OFF the handheld, 2600/7800, and computers to FOCUS on it. They lost that in 4 years. Wii U is more expensive and harder to manage. $11 billion means nothing in an era where a million dollars means crap anymore.

At least you are as dumb as the SEGA fans that think Nintendo will die going third-party in .5 seconds.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By g0ddyX

"WiiuuuWiiiuuuWiiiuuuuWiiiuuu" - Sounds of an ambulance to take the Wii:U away

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#86 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

"Mr. Iwata didn't elaborate further on options, although he said that he still didn't think a major strategic overhaul was needed."
God that man is an idiot.
Go 3rd party Nintendo. You would get more software sales anyways.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Basinboy

@charizard1605 said:

@Basinboy said:

@charizard1605 said:
@Basinboy said:

They've actually already started on that path; Miiverse and eShop are both coming to iOS and Android, with a Pokemon Global Link app coming to iOS and Android as well.

I think handheld/mobile synergy would be a great route for them to take.

And yes, I know about Nintendo's back catalog on PC. I meant a legal method.

Lol, I only said "if you know where to look," you insinuated it was illegal :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Get Iwata out of there. Rehaul the management. We need the old Nintendo back, and by that I mean a Nintendo that takes a few risks with actual game design.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 nintendoboy16

@Couth_ said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Couth_ said:

I can see it already:

Because Yamauchi is still runs Nintendo right? And Ken Kutaragi is still in charge of play station right? And it's not like companies can ever make amends right? It's not like Apple and Samsung do business together whilst suing each other right? RIGHT nintendo boy? You must be a CEO of a large corporation yourself with all of your fantastic knowledge. Tell me more

He may not be running the company anymore, but there is no way, especially after an event that more or less scarred Nintendo after making that decision and an event that still haunts them to this day, that Nintendo would EVER want to work with Sony again.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@g0ddyX said:

I was making threads for the Wii U, yes. There was no hype, genius.

The Wii U sticky was a bust. There was no excitement about it. No one cared.

Nintendo makers can care to the Wii U's failure, but I can't? Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work. Go through my posting history. Or you know what, I'll make it easier for you. Read my posts in this thread.

No in SW if you report news, you hype that system in the news because that's how SW works. It's why I have been posting less news than usual.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By g0ddyX

@TheKingIAm said:

@charizard1605: If you weren't a fukin brainwashed pos sheep you would know that it's shytty hardware is the reason why 3rd party devs are disguisted by it and why a lot of ppl dont want the shyt....$300 for a last gen specced console is disgusting

You can't.. hence the term blind sheep.
The hardware is a joke on Nintendos part, but it works for those that blind and heavily dedicated to it... even if it was a shiny turd.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Jakandsigz said:

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Couth_ said:

Your ignorance and ass pulling is hilarious. Atari had $5_ billion and going until Tramil focused to much money on the Jaguar and then CUT OFF the handheld, 2600/7800, and computers to FOCUS on it. They lost that in 4 years. Wii U is more expensive and harder to manage. $11 billion means nothing in an era where a million dollars means crap anymore.

At least you are as dumb as the SEGA fans that think Nintendo will die going third-party in .5 seconds.

Links. You have no links. Just numbers that you are pulling out of your ass again. Per usual.

• Atari lost $500 million in the great video game crash of 1983
  • Tramiel purchased Atari for $240 million
  • Atari gained some money in holdings in the mid 1990s after a series of lawsuits
  • The failure of Jaguar and Lynx meant that when Hasbro and Infrogames purchased Atari, they purchased it for $5 million

The maximum valuation of Atari once it went third party was $5 million. The maximum valuation it ever had was the $110 million Warner Bros bought it for (Tramiel's $240 million being promissory, non hard stock).

Come back with facts again. Kthnxbai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

They better announce some more first party games so people will buy their console.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@TheKingIAm said:

@charizard1605: If you weren't a fukin brainwashed pos sheep you would know that it's shytty hardware is the reason why 3rd party devs are disguisted by it and why a lot of ppl dont want the shyt....$300 for a last gen specced console? Please...

Hey, look at Wii. Look at 3DS. Look at DS. Look at Gameboy/Color.

Now go away.

@Basinboy said:

Lol, I only said "if you know where to look," you insinuated it was illegal :P

Well at the very best it's a grey area :p

@nintendoboy16 said:He may not be running the company anymore, but there is no way, especially after an event that more or less scarred Nintendo after making that decision and an event that still haunts them to this day, that Nintendo would EVER want to work with Sony again.

Do you... understand companies run businesses on pragmatic, hard money concern, and not bullshit idealistic dispute-grudges held over two decades?

@darkspineslayer said:

Get Iwata out of there. Rehaul the management. We need the old Nintendo back, and by that I mean a Nintendo that takes a few risks with actual game design.

Don't, don't start with that.

Nintendo takes plenty of risks with game design, you just happen to not like them.

Examples: Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Fire Emblem: Awakening.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 nintendoboy16

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:He may not be running the company anymore, but there is no way, especially after an event that more or less scarred Nintendo after making that decision and an event that still haunts them to this day, that Nintendo would EVER want to work with Sony again.

Do you... understand companies run businesses on pragmatic, hard money concern, and not bullshit idealistic dispute-grudges held over two decades?

Well, if the statement of "Nintendo not adapting to the times" is true.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@mexicangordo: Playstation 3 was ahead of Wii U sales at this point in time, though, even with Sony's horrible first year.

5.63 million shipments vs. the Wii U's 3.91. And it's worth noting the console was $500/$600 at the time.

The Wii U is also selling notably slower than the Gamecube (6.68 million) had at this respective point in time.

The 3DS, despite all the slack it got regarding low sales, sold 15.03 million consoles in its first 10 months on the market.

Sad to say, systems that sell as little as the Wii U's has don't usually go on to flourish. The excitement simply isn't there. Even some compelling software may not be enough to make the difference with the PS4 and Xbox One on the horizon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Well, if the statement of "Nintendo not adapting to the times" is true.

What?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SakusEnvoy said:

@mexicangordo: Playstation 3 was ahead of Wii U sales at this point in time, though, even with Sony's horrible first year.

5.63 million shipments vs. the Wii U's 3.91.

The Wii U is also selling notably slower than the Gamecube (6.68 million) had at this respective point in time.

The 3DS, despite all the slack it got regarding low sales, sold 15.03 million consoles in its first 10 months on the market.

Sad to say, systems that sell as little as the Wii U's has don't usually go on to flourish. The excitement simply isn't there. Even some compelling software may not be enough to make the difference with the PS4 and Xbox One on the horizon.

You're back!

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 TheKingIAm

@charizard1605: lol @ comparing the fad wii, and handhelds to the wii eww. The wii eww is more of a traditional console....a last gen one at that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@TheKingIAm said:

@charizard1605: lol @ comparing the fad wii, and handhelds to the wii eww. The wii eww is more of a traditional console....a last gen one at that.

Lol at ignoring everything that disproves your facile argument (if one can even call it that)