Ive decided to get Sf4, now heres the hard part....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts
Ok well I really need somthing to tide me over until So4 and KZ2 releases so ive decided to get Sf4. Now is just the deliemma of figuring out which console would be the best choice for it. Personally ive been leaning towards the ps3 more because of free online and I hate paying for live I just beleive online gaming should be free. But If the 360 version has better visuals (Which a high percentage of multiplats does) than I am not willing to sacrifice better visuals for free online I guess you can call me a graphics whore. Also psn is still untested for me I have not played an online game on it yet contrary to the proven live experience. As for controls well the controls are not a factor at all TBH, hearing all of this what should I do??
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
First of all lets get one thing out of the way. Both version are identical. If you and your friends play alot of online together get the version they are getting,but like you said you dont want to pay to play online so PS3 would be a nice choice.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Get the xbox version...
ZacherWol19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ZacherWol19
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts
First of all lets get one thing out of the way. Both version are identical. If you and your friends play alot of online together get the version they are getting,but like you said you dont want to pay to play online so PS3 would be a nice choice.finalfantasy94
The graphics are no different. And you should get the PS3 version
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
Get the PS3 version, better controller plus it has exclusive anime intros because of Blu Ray.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
To TC, if you haven't activated xbox live, why would you now? And also the visuals are identical for both versions. Also its confirmed that both versions will have free dlc.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
Personally, I'm getting SFIV for the 360 for two reasons: 1) I have almost no friends on PSN; all my buddies are on XBL, and 2) I read in...I think IGN's review? That the 360 version runs slightly better if you don't do a HDD install on the PS3. The 360 controller completely blows for any game requiring a d-pad, but I'm gonna pick up one of those SFIV controllers as well, so all should be good.
loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

First of all id like to say that i think the game will look the same on both systems.When it comes down to getting a multiplatform game and u own both systems it all comes down to online service and controller and which one u prefer.Personally im getting it for the 360 because i like live better than psn,others may get the ps3 version because the dpad is better than the 360s.Also i have alot more friends on live and i like the group chat option.It all comes down to system preference and which one has the features that u think would add to the experience for u.

ktrotter11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ktrotter11
Member since 2006 • 1140 Posts
as the others have said...go with the one that would be more enjoyable for u like the friends r watnot... but ps3 d-pad is better if your're not picking up a arcade stick r the controller
PUG_NASTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PUG_NASTY
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts
Personally, I'm getting SFIV for the 360 for two reasons: 1) I have almost no friends on PSN; all my buddies are on XBL, and 2) I read in...I think IGN's review? That the 360 version runs slightly better if you don't do a HDD install on the PS3. The 360 controller completely blows for any game requiring a d-pad, but I'm gonna pick up one of those SFIV controllers as well, so all should be good.SeanBond
y wouldn't u do an install?...thats a terrible argument. better controller, better players (japan will b on ps3), free online, exclusive anime cutscenes.
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts
Same visuals. Sounds like you should get the PS3 version.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts
Unless you have an arcade stick for the 360 (which I totally recomend) get it for the PS3. The D-pad on the 360 is god awful. (the one thing that they PS3 controller has over the 360 controller)
-hells-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -hells-
Member since 2008 • 1027 Posts
Get the xbox version...67gt500
And why??.Because of the sucky d-pad??.Oh !! oh no multiplats are better on 360!!!! Welcome to 2007 lol.Man atleast give a reason why you think so.Other than M$ paying you maybe
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

both version will Look & Run identically... if you dont plan to get an arcade stick suggest you get the PS3 version, you'll still find many people online for some extra challenges.. If you get an arcade stick suggest you get the version on the system you've got more friends on...

Personally have ordered the game on PS3, got more friends and since am not getting an arcade stick (at least not now) the d-pad on the DS3 is much better..

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
Choose the platform where you can play with your friends the most. And choose the platform in which it provides you the best gameplay experience (regarding controls). PS3 by default offers better choice due to the DualShock 3 / Sixaxis design over the 360 controller, and unless you are willing to spend a premium to get arcade sticks, it's a far more logical choice to opt for the PS3 edition of SF4. All to your tastes.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
get it for the 360, as it will most likely massively outsell the ps3 version, and as a result, more people will be available online to play with.
-hells-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -hells-
get it for the 360, as it will most likely massively outsell the ps3 version, and as a result, more people will be available online to play with.mtradr43
You can bet me on this ps3 version will sell more
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
[QUOTE="mtradr43"]get it for the 360, as it will most likely massively outsell the ps3 version, and as a result, more people will be available online to play with.-hells-

considering you just said in another thread that you basically expect the ps3 to double its total sales this year, coupled with the fact that pretty much every multiplat has sold far better on the 360, id have to say any bet with you would be a safe victory.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

[QUOTE="-hells-"][QUOTE="mtradr43"]get it for the 360, as it will most likely massively outsell the ps3 version, and as a result, more people will be available online to play with.mtradr43

considering you just said in another thread that you basically expect the ps3 to double its total sales this year, coupled with the fact that pretty much every multiplat has sold far better on the 360, id have to say any bet with you would be a safe victory.

you forgot Japan is crazy about SFIV and you know which system out of PS3 & 360 have a larger install base... but i personally believe SFIV will have close sales on both systems..

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
I was in the same boat as you for a time and went with the PS3 version. Get the PS3 version for free online and D-pad (I'm getting an arcade stick from madcats and maybe a hori stick coming soon). If you get the 360, you better buy a game pad or stick as well along with a live reactivation (I don't want to reactivate mine right now if I'm only playing games one to two nights a week). D-pad and analog for fighting games is just horrible on the 360 controller.
-hells-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -hells-
[QUOTE="-hells-"][QUOTE="mtradr43"]get it for the 360, as it will most likely massively outsell the ps3 version, and as a result, more people will be available online to play with.mtradr43

Lol I was talking about games which sell atleast a million not hardware units.And you really think that ps3 wont have around 20 million sellers this year.What with games like gt5,kz2(already 1.1 mil preorders in europe),sf4,re5,uncharted 2 and many multiplats coming out.And even I agree what I said there was a bit of a stretch.But this I can bet my account on,japan will make sure ps3 version sells more
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
get it for the 360, as it will most likely massively outsell the ps3 version, and as a result, more people will be available online to play with.mtradr43
I think it will be close when it comes to worldwide sales. As far as NA, it is a possibility. TC, I would go with the version that offers the best experience like game play, online friends etc. I will be getting the PS3 version for the Ryu figure and I heard that the PS3 version has anime intros. The only way I would have picked up the 360 version is if I was only able to get the TE fight stick for the 360 and not the PS3.
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts

That reasoning of "more people to play with" is pretty weak. You are never going to play everybody nor have the chance to play everybody no matter which version you get and there will always be at least 1 person looking for a match (for the time being) and that one person is all you need to play the game online.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#24 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Honest answer? Doesnt matter one bit what console you get it from.

Are more of your friends on ps3 online or 360 online?

The non fanboys will tell you it doesnt really matter what console you get it on, but the fanboys will sceam "GET IT ON MY SYSTEM!!!!.

Some exclusives are better on 360 and some are better on ps3. While some are the same, i think itll fit in this part.

speedsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 speedsix
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts

SFIV looks better on the Xbox, PS3 lacks AA and drops resolution during close-ups

http://superiorversion.com/wp-content/gallery/streetfighter4ken/snap011.jpg

PS3 (jaggerific)

http://ruliwebimg.empas.com/data/news10/02m/01/ps3/ruliweb_sf4kors_23.jpg

PSGamerforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PSGamerforlife
Member since 2009 • 862 Posts

Unless you have an arcade stick for the 360 (which I totally recomend) get it for the PS3. The D-pad on the 360 is god awful. (the one thing that they PS3 controller has over the 360 controller)Guybrush_3

No, i accually think the Ps3 controller is way better than the 360's in many ways...

Anyway, get the PS3 version, cos the gfx are identical, the online is completely free...and it has the hands down best D-pad.

PUG_NASTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PUG_NASTY
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

SFIV looks better on the Xbox, PS3 lacks AA and drops resolution during close-ups

PS3 (jaggerific)

speedsix
they both have jaggies...in motion im sure it looks greaton both consoles and doesnt have those flaws.... and those screens look off...come on ur telling both versions have jaggy healthbars?
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
Get the PS3 version, better controller plus it has exclusive anime intros because of Blu Ray.jakarai
Are you sure the anime intros and endings are not in the 360 version? that would be a downer for the 360.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Get it for the Wii.....o wait.

Sorry for the low blow. Enjoy your Smasher Bros.

If you're getting a stick get it for 360 probably, if not get it on PS3 for the d-pad on dualshock.

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts
Get whichever one the majority of your friends plan on getting.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Ok well I really need somthing to tide me over until So4 and KZ2 releases so ive decided to get Sf4. Now is just the deliemma of figuring out which console would be the best choice for it. Personally ive been leaning towards the ps3 more because of free online and I hate paying for live I just beleive online gaming should be free. But If the 360 version has better visuals (Which a high percentage of multiplats does) than I am not willing to sacrifice better visuals for free online I guess you can call me a graphics whore. Also psn is still untested for me I have not played an online game on it yet contrary to the proven live experience. As for controls well the controls are not a factor at all TBH, hearing all of this what should I do??bigboss5ak

There is no graphical difference in SF, if there is, it would be in the PS3's favor, if there is an INSTALL. Remember, the Install's on PS3, improve the games performance, whereas the new Install feature on 360, sometimes may only reduce loading (the feature on 360 pretty much makes the 360 quiet), and it's a gamble if you install on 360 (Halo 3 for instance suffers if you install on 360).

Also, CAPCOM doesn't favor either system, and CAPCOM's games sport no graphical difference between systems, save for DMC4, which had a slight advantage on PS3, again, due to the Install, but it wasn't anything noticable.

I have ONe joystick for each system, but the DPAD is the major reason I am getting if for PS3, simply due to the fact that when buddies come over, they can actually play against me (I will be using a Joystick). It would be unfair for me to have them try to play on a 360 controller, it's torture to play on 360.

Recently, the game came out in JAPAN, and it sold like hotcakes on PS3, those Japanese SF players are the major warriors I look forward to playing against online.

I have to admit, I will at one point get the 360 version, but most of my friends know to get their fighting games on PS3 (over 40 friends, only my 360ONLY friends will have to suffer with Dpad syndrome on 360.)

Finally, I own SSF2HD Remix on both 360 and PS3, and they perform identically as far as LAG goes (Both perform well, and I have about 400 matches under my belt for each system).

-hells-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -hells-

PS3 (jaggerific)

speedsix
Please go away.Both versions have scored equal and are same.And I did rather take some credible sites opinion on the matter than some rabid fanboys
-hells-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -hells-
[QUOTE="speedsix"]

PS3 (jaggerific)

PUG_NASTY

they both have jaggies...in motion im sure it looks greaton both consoles and doesnt have those flaws.... and those screens look off...come on ur telling both versions have jaggy healthbars?

They are from different sites and also there is no proof which one is of ps3 and which one is of 360.These fanboys are sinking to new lows after loosing in 2008 in exclusives

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

PS3 (jaggerific)

speedsix

And this is why you should never ever trust the thoughts and opinions of a fanboy. Its alrady been said both version look and run the same.

aceReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 aceReborn
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts

And this is why you should never trust finalfantasy94, -hells- or SolidTy.....

The 360 version is superiour- >http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1267988&postcount=150

Direct link to images http://d.hatena.ne.jp/yoda-dip-jp/20090213

360 version is 720p with x2 AA.

ps3 version is 720p no AA, and drops to 630p during close-ups.

360 version also has softer shadows and more speculare mapping.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Aku101
Member since 2009 • 2114 Posts

1. Ask your friends what system they're getting it on

2. If #1 doesn't apply, get it for the PS3 due to the superior controller and the japan userbase which will have the most skilled players.

GTR_FX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 GTR_FX
Member since 2009 • 1121 Posts
imgetting the 360 version for live, and I don't have a problem with the dpad, im using the thumbsticks anyways