it's official ,We will remember this generartion as the "Wii era "

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kakarot00769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kakarot00769
Member since 2004 • 9306 Posts

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN , this war is overrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!

Dragon Quest X (main series) goes back home to nintendo

2.04 m consoles sold in 1 month in north america alone

p.sexpect an avalanche of announcements of 3rd party support and their high profile games on the wii for the next 2-3 years ..

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RuprechtMonkey
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

Yep, it'll be remembered as the first generation in the history of the industry that the console that sold by far the most came in dead last place when it comes to games quality. For the first time ever the console that is killing in sales has by far the least AAA's and AA's. First time for everything I guess, and I agree that it'll be remembered for it. Imagine if the PS2 had sold what it did but had less AAA's and AA's than either the XBox and GC.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
So I'll basically look back on this generation and be overly disappointed? Kind of sad.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
The Wii era...Yeah. I'll never forget how Nintendo screwed up such a promising concept. I'll never buy another Nintendo console after this.
cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts
Good luck with the whole 'avalanche' of high profile games on the Wii ever happening.
Prospector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Prospector
Member since 2003 • 993 Posts
Yep, but for the wrong reasons
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127527 Posts
And what about the Wii will we remember? The cheap price it had(in the beginning) or another way of gaming?
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
That has a funny ring to it.
Avatar image for hellsing6666666
hellsing6666666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hellsing6666666
Member since 2006 • 195 Posts
This is what Nintendodid '' hey guys lets make a system that sucks in parents and little kids but is horrible when it comes to he games and we will screw over all our old fans that brought us to the dance by making them have to buy such great titles like will sports, wii fit, and so on.'' We seem to love getting screwed over by them.
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RuprechtMonkey

Good luck with the whole 'avalanche' of high profile games on the Wii ever happening.cablemodemx2

Hey, like the TC said, just... uh... wait... 3 years!

Perfectly reasonable.

It'll only take the Wii 5 years to come close to getting up to speed. Sounds great! By the time its library starts to get close to the 360 or the PS3 it'll be competing with the PS7 and the XBox 9,000.

By the time this generatio is over the Wii will most likely have less than half the number of AA's and AAA's that either the PS3 or 360 have yet it'll likely have around 4 times the sales. Crazy, this generation is completely odd.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN , this war is overrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!

Dragon Quest X (main series) goes back home to nintendo

2.04 m consoles sold in 1 month in north america alone

p.sexpect an avalanche of announcements of 3rd party support and their high profile games on the wii for the next 2-3 years ..

Kakarot00769

Ya right

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Yep, it'll be remembered as the first generation in the history of the industry that the console that sold by far the most came in dead last place when it comes to games quality. For the first time ever the console that is killing in sales has by far the least AAA's and AA's. First time for everything I guess, and I agree that it'll be remembered for it. Imagine if the PS2 had sold what it did but had less AAA's and AA's than either the XBox and GC.

RuprechtMonkey

That was the PS1

dr_octagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dr_octagon
Member since 2003 • 625 Posts

So I'll basically look back on this generation and be overly disappointed? Kind of sad.-RPGamer-

I'm already am disappointed with this generation. It's the one that spawned all that crappy emo music.

Seriously, I have no idea why people play the Wii. Am I alone on this? Do Wii fans have some part of their brains removed so they think they're in Disneyland 24/7?

mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
The world might look back at this as the Wii era ..gamers won't.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
All its done is sold units, the game library which is the whole reason to buy a gaming console, is lackluster featuring probably less than 10 titles people over the age of 18 would like. So no I won't be referring to it as the wii era, sorry.
dr_octagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dr_octagon

The world might look back at this as the Wii era ...gamers won't.mr_mozilla

I couldn't have said that better. What people are failing to see is console sales don't matter - it has been, and always HAS been, the software.

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RuprechtMonkey
[QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]

DaBrainz

That was the PS1

Uh, what? The PS1 had more AAA's and AA's than the N64 or the Saturn, by far.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Denial is such a comforting thing for all these people who deny the Wii is doing well in all area's. Carry on people, Carry on... So far next year the Wii has a very strong 3rd party support, Will have some good 1st party support, Has Motion + coming out for it. PS: And watch more companies support Nintendo next year than PS3/360! Reccession has a funny way of affecting companies just ask Sony.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaBrainz
[QUOTE="DaBrainz"][QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]

RuprechtMonkey

That was the PS1

Except N64 and Saturn AAA's were actually good while PS1 AAA's were dumbed down CGI movie cutscene loadtime buttstinkers.

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RuprechtMonkey

Denial is such a comforting thing for all these people who deny the Wii is doing well in all area's.Dibdibdobdobo

FACT: The Wii has the least AAA's and AA's, despite being by far the sales leader.

What's to deny?

dr_octagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dr_octagon

Denial is such a comforting thing for all these people who deny the Wii is doing well in all area's. Carry on people, Carry on... So far next year the Wii has a very strong 3rd party support, Will have some good 1st party support, Has Motion + coming out for it. PS: And watch more companies support Nintendo next year than PS3/360! Recession has a funny way of affecting companies just ask Sony.Dibdibdobdobo

Recession effects ALL companies in the business. Last time I checked, both Nintendo and Sony were based in Japan. People said Nintendo was going to have strong 3rd-party support THIS year. The fact that you had to say that admits that software for the Wii has been sub-par.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dibdibdobdobo
All its done is sold units, the game library which is the whole reason to buy a gaming console, is lackluster featuring probably less than 10 titles people over the age of 18 would like. So no I won't be referring to it as the wii era, sorry. hopesfall2own
LMAO@ You. A gamer "REAL" gamer will play anything. A game which is ultra-violent like Gears of War, Resident Evil and will also play a ultra-cute and colorful game like Mario Galaxy, Little Big Planet.... A real Gamer does not care about what rating a game is but cares about Gameplay. If you think that a rating on a game makes it good because it has 18 on it then your just a kid who isnt a real gamer but more of a "OMG'z I've played GTA4 Ndz Killed trillionz uf People". Damn worst excuse ever for not liking a game.
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RuprechtMonkey
[QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"][QUOTE="DaBrainz"]

That was the PS1

DaBrainz

Except N64 and Saturn AAA's were actually good while PS1 AAA's were dumbed down CGI movie cutscene loadtime buttstinkers.

LOL, alright? I don't even know what means, but OK.

The Tekkens, GT's, RE's, MGS's, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Spyros, Tony Hawk games, FF games, etc. all are killer games.

Your notion of what the PS1 is is ridiculous. Congratualtions! Feel free to swing by GR and enlighten yourself.

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Denial is such a comforting thing for all these people who deny the Wii is doing well in all area's.RuprechtMonkey

FACT: The Wii has the least AAA's and AA's, despite being by far the sales leader.

What's to deny?

well in your case you might deny that exclusives matter, if you compare the libraries exclusively speaking doesn't it make the competition look even worse?

i mean.. if gears 2 goes to pc.. doesn't that make like 1 exclusive 360 game this holiday season? 09 doesnt look any better for the "hardcore" leader

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RuprechtMonkey

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Denial is such a comforting thing for all these people who deny the Wii is doing well in all area's.RuprechtMonkey

What's to deny?

*cough*

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RuprechtMonkey
[QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Denial is such a comforting thing for all these people who deny the Wii is doing well in all area's.voxware00

What's to deny?

well in your case you might deny that exclusives matter, if you compare the libraries exclusively speaking doesn't it make the competition look even worse?

i mean.. if gears 2 goes to pc.. doesn't that make like 1 exclusive 360 game this holiday season?

This might shock you, but having Gears 2 on the PC wouldn't make the 360 version any worse or any less valuable as a library asset.

My favorite game this year has been Fallout 3. Would it had been better if it was only on the 360? Of course not.

You won't find anyone that would trade 5 superb AAA multiplats for 1 AAAE.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
i'll remember the wii alright... on how many third party games it won't have
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 voxware00
[QUOTE="voxware00"][QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]

What's to deny?

RuprechtMonkey

i mean.. if gears 2 goes to pc.. doesn't that make like 1 exclusive 360 game this holiday season?

This might shock you, but having Gears 2 on the PC wouldn't make the 360 version any worse or any less valuable as a library asset.

My favorite game this year has been Fallout 3. Would it had been better if it was only on the 360? Of course not.

haha just as i predicted

trust me, it makes the library MUCH less sweet when i could just opt for the same game but $10 cheaper on pc

would the 360s library had been better if it were the only system with fallout 3? well.. i'll let you deny that since that's your job

"You won't find anyone that would trade 5 superb AAA multiplats for 1 AAAE."

trust me, i'd rather one superb AAAE than 5 multiplat AAAs...not for the sake of the games but for the sake of the system.. i'd rather show support for original IPs that take a risk with exclusivity than the annual turd churned out by the game factory robot

hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hopesfall2own
[QUOTE="hopesfall2own"]All its done is sold units, the game library which is the whole reason to buy a gaming console, is lackluster featuring probably less than 10 titles people over the age of 18 would like. So no I won't be referring to it as the wii era, sorry. Dibdibdobdobo
LMAO@ You. A gamer "REAL" gamer will play anything. A game which is ultra-violent like Gears of War, Resident Evil and will also play a ultra-cute and colorful game like Mario Galaxy, Little Big Planet.... A real Gamer does not care about what rating a game is but cares about Gameplay. If you think that a rating on a game makes it good because it has 18 on it then your just a kid who isnt a real gamer but more of a "OMG'z I've played GTA4 Ndz Killed trillionz uf People". Damn worst excuse ever for not liking a game.

Uh you are wrong everywhere. I played mario kart when I was 10, no way in hell I still want to play it now and its barely changed after all these years. Never liked mario. And how many 18 yr+ people you think really play LBP or GTA seriously? GTA is aimed at teenagers that want to feel like they are doing something wrong to make their parents mad. Sorry but I'm not a kid and that's why I don't own a Wii. I do no care to wave a stick around pretending i'm sword fighting. Sorry that I like games that actually challenge me and have competition online. It doesn't need to be ultra violent to get my attention, but it can't be some freaking cartoon character or emo kid in 90% of the games offered like the Wii.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 voxware00

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="hopesfall2own"]All its done is sold units, the game library which is the whole reason to buy a gaming console, is lackluster featuring probably less than 10 titles people over the age of 18 would like. So no I won't be referring to it as the wii era, sorry. hopesfall2own

Uh you are wrong everywhere. I played mario kart when I was 10, no way in hell I still want to play it now and its barely changed after all these years. Never liked mario. And how many 18 yr+ people you think really play LBP or GTA seriously? GTA is aimed at teenagers that want to feel like they are doing something wrong to make their parents mad. Sorry but I'm not a kid and that's why I don't own a Wii. I do no care to wave a stick around pretending i'm sword fighting. Sorry that I like games that actually challenge me and have competition online. It doesn't need to be ultra violent to get my attention, but it can't be some freaking cartoon character or emo kid in 90% of the games offered like the Wii.

you sound like you have some personal insecurities, maybe you need to stop caring about target demographics

my 30 yr old brother and his wife play mario kart, doesn't stop him from enjoying a good pc fps every now and then.. he still has his dignity

i never knew protagonists had to be relevant to the player or that the only real adult games are challenging games with online

stupid me for playing gunbound for all of these years.. you don't know what skill is until you play gunbound or a pc rts

treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts
wish i skipped the wii instead of the gamecube .... i'll be sure to skip wii 2
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Denial is such a comforting thing for all these people who deny the Wii is doing well in all area's. Carry on people, Carry on... So far next year the Wii has a very strong 3rd party support, Will have some good 1st party support, Has Motion + coming out for it. PS: And watch more companies support Nintendo next year than PS3/360! Recession has a funny way of affecting companies just ask Sony.dr_octagon

Recession effects ALL companies in the business. Last time I checked, both Nintendo and Sony were based in Japan. People said Nintendo was going to have strong 3rd-party support THIS year. The fact that you had to say that admits that software for the Wii has been sub-par.

Its not affecting Nintendo in the slightest. If anything its helping them and the 360 as people are not wanting to pay the ridiclous price for a PS3. Not once have i seen anyone say "3rd party support for nintendo will be strong in 2008" and as your new here then you cannot comment on what people have said and not said, Actually its been quite the oppesite and people have said its going to be pants for nintendo as the average game takes 2 years to make and most companies did not support the Wii as they put all there eggs in the HD Basket. Check the List of 2009 for the Nintendo Wii and its one mighty big list of games. Overall know what you are on about before commenting, K, Thanks, Bye. The reason i said more companies will supprt the Wii than 360/ps3 is due to development costs of games. Harsh times have already affected several companies and they will look to make as much money from as little money as possible, With the Wii this is much easier to put out games for than PS3/360. 2008 was a super rubbish year for the Wii and will totally admit this as i sold mine and brought a DS but 2009 is like 2007 all over again with a superb line up for the Wii.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hopesfall2own

[QUOTE="hopesfall2own"][QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"] LMAO@ You. A gamer "REAL" gamer will play anything. A game which is ultra-violent like Gears of War, Resident Evil and will also play a ultra-cute and colorful game like Mario Galaxy, Little Big Planet.... A real Gamer does not care about what rating a game is but cares about Gameplay. If you think that a rating on a game makes it good because it has 18 on it then your just a kid who isnt a real gamer but more of a "OMG'z I've played GTA4 Ndz Killed trillionz uf People". Damn worst excuse ever for not liking a game.voxware00

you sound like you have some personal insecurities, maybe you need to stop caring about target demographics

my 30 yr old brother and his wife play mario kart, doesn't stop him from enjoying a good pc fps every now and then.. he still has his dignity

I'm insecure because I don't play kid games? Or maybe I don't play them because they are trash? Hmm..
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaBrainz
[QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]

What's to deny?

*cough*

Allow me

The PS3, 360, and PC have all done a fine job fighting over who has the most multiplats and who has the best graphics. That said, having more than one of these 3 systems is redundant and in my opinion the PC is by far superior in all catagories.

Now since the Wii is a unique console, it offers a good line-up of games that are unique and are not available on other systems.

So it is said that to get the most out of this generation without buying every single system, you should pick one system from catagory 1) PS3, 360, or PC; one system from catagory 2) Wii (its the only system in this catagory); and one system from catagory 3)PSP or DS.

As you can see, there is no reason to not own a Wii unless you can only afford one system(nothing wrong with that) but in that case you only own one system so you are going to miss out on a ton of games anyway.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="hopesfall2own"][QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"] LMAO@ You. A gamer "REAL" gamer will play anything. A game which is ultra-violent like Gears of War, Resident Evil and will also play a ultra-cute and colorful game like Mario Galaxy, Little Big Planet.... A real Gamer does not care about what rating a game is but cares about Gameplay. If you think that a rating on a game makes it good because it has 18 on it then your just a kid who isnt a real gamer but more of a "OMG'z I've played GTA4 Ndz Killed trillionz uf People". Damn worst excuse ever for not liking a game.voxware00

LMAO.... I thought the same thing.
Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Al3x_n90
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts

The Wii era...Yeah. I'll never forget how Nintendo screwed up such a promising concept. I'll never buy another Nintendo console after this.heretrix

Yeah so i can't believe the wii is selling like crazy, damn you nintendo, you put hipnotic chips into that little white box...Sad really, i don't like the wii tbh, just cuz it doesn't have....i'll say it...real hard core games, sorry wii lovers, don't flame it it's just my opinion :)

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 voxware00
[QUOTE="voxware00"]

[QUOTE="hopesfall2own"] Uh you are wrong everywhere. I played mario kart when I was 10, no way in hell I still want to play it now and its barely changed after all these years. Never liked mario. And how many 18 yr+ people you think really play LBP or GTA seriously? GTA is aimed at teenagers that want to feel like they are doing something wrong to make their parents mad. Sorry but I'm not a kid and that's why I don't own a Wii. I do no care to wave a stick around pretending i'm sword fighting. Sorry that I like games that actually challenge me and have competition online. It doesn't need to be ultra violent to get my attention, but it can't be some freaking cartoon character or emo kid in 90% of the games offered like the Wii. hopesfall2own

I'm insecure because I don't play kid games? Or maybe I don't play them because they are trash? Hmm..

no, you're insecure because you lump all quirky colorful games into one category of "kid games" or "trash games"

like i said, play gunbound, then talk to me about playing challenging games

honestly the attitude you have demonstrated illustrates to me that you need professional help for your issues, not every game needs to be realistic in order for it to appeal to adults, i'm an adult and i hate most realistic games.. i find the medium excells when it is portraying surrealism or escapism

dr_octagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dr_octagon

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="hopesfall2own"]All its done is sold units, the game library which is the whole reason to buy a gaming console, is lackluster featuring probably less than 10 titles people over the age of 18 would like. So no I won't be referring to it as the wii era, sorry. hopesfall2own

You make a good point, but there's no reason to talk smack about an extremely good game. If you want to bring up a crappy game, talk about Bioshock. Yeah 90% of the Wii games are targeted at kids, emo people, and tennagers. The same thing happened with Star Wars: The Phantom Menace - The company lost sight of who it's fans are and decided to make something overly cute to appeal to everyone. The Wii was designed by a commitee - "let's try to appeal to everyone for great sales penetration"

treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts
[QUOTE="dr_octagon"]

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Denial is such a comforting thing for all these people who deny the Wii is doing well in all area's. Carry on people, Carry on... So far next year the Wii has a very strong 3rd party support, Will have some good 1st party support, Has Motion + coming out for it. PS: And watch more companies support Nintendo next year than PS3/360! Recession has a funny way of affecting companies just ask Sony.Dibdibdobdobo

Its not affecting Nintendo in the slightest. If anything its helping them and the 360 as people are not wanting to pay the ridiclous price for a PS3. Not once have i seen anyone say "3rd party support for nintendo will be strong in 2008" and as your new here then you cannot comment on what people have said and not said, Actually its been quite the oppesite and people have said its going to be pants for nintendo as the average game takes 2 years to make and most companies did not support the Wii as they put all there eggs in the HD Basket. Check the List of 2009 for the Nintendo Wii and its one mighty big list of games. Overall know what you are on about before commenting, K, Thanks, Bye. The reason i said more companies will supprt the Wii than 360/ps3 is due to development costs of games. Harsh times have already affected several companies and they will look to make as much money from as little money as possible, With the Wii this is much easier to put out games for than PS3/360. 2008 was a super rubbish year for the Wii and will totally admit this as i sold mine and brought a DS but 2009 is like 2007 all over again with a superb line up for the Wii.

devs would get more money on 360 and even PS3 because wii software sales are poor in comparison for "most" ...guitar hero etc. and wii gimicks (fit, music, etc.) do well
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
This is the era where people who weren't into gaming when they were kids finally decided to take the plunge. In the past, if you weren't a gamer by age 13 you probably were never going to get into gaming, let alone like it enough to buy a console. This gen thats changed. There are people who were alive when the Atari 2600 came out who never ever got into gaming, but the Wii finally convinced them that video games can be fun. It wasn't the NES, Master System, SNES, Genesis, N64, Dreamcast, PS1, Saturn, PS2, PC, Xbox, Gamecube, PS3, Xbox 360... those system were coming out for 20 years and they were all slept on. Those system were only purchased for kids or people who owned the last gen version. The Wii is what turned non-gamers into gamers. Thats what the gen will be remembered for.
dr_octagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dr_octagon
[QUOTE="dr_octagon"]

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Denial is such a comforting thing for all these people who deny the Wii is doing well in all area's. Carry on people, Carry on... So far next year the Wii has a very strong 3rd party support, Will have some good 1st party support, Has Motion + coming out for it. PS: And watch more companies support Nintendo next year than PS3/360! Recession has a funny way of affecting companies just ask Sony.Dibdibdobdobo

Its not affecting Nintendo in the slightest. If anything its helping them and the 360 as people are not wanting to pay the ridiclous price for a PS3. Not once have i seen anyone say "3rd party support for nintendo will be strong in 2008" and as your new here then you cannot comment on what people have said and not said.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm so new here that I read gaming magazines. Gaming magazine in which Nintendo promised big things for 2008. I have no idea what context you are talking about.

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 voxware00
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="dr_octagon"]

dr_octagon

Its not affecting Nintendo in the slightest. If anything its helping them and the 360 as people are not wanting to pay the ridiclous price for a PS3. Not once have i seen anyone say "3rd party support for nintendo will be strong in 2008" and as your new here then you cannot comment on what people have said and not said.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm so new here that I read gaming magazines. Gaming magazine in which Nintendo promised big things for 2008. I have no idea what context you are talking about.

i think some people need to give nintendo credit for their early 08, so soon we forget

yes they have the weakest late 08, as undeniable as the fact that MS has the weakest 09 entirely period

but they were the only people to release games during a general period of drought, mario kart and smash followed by the success of wii fit as well as third parties like blast works, the superior version of PES, the original ip AAAE NMH, original ip boom blox and AAA world of goo

exclusively speaking, if gears 2 goes to pc, doesn't that mean the wii got 2 AAAE this year and 360 got.. banjo, omg a colorful game for children

can't say i regret buying a wii, though my 360 had its cd rom drive and hdd die at the same time so yeah.. i do regret my 360 purchase

dr_octagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dr_octagon

i think some people need to give nintendo credit for their early 08, so soon we forget

yes they have the weakest late 08, as undeniable as the fact that MS has the weakest 09 entirely period

but they were the only people to release games during a general period of drought, mario kart and smash followed by the success of wii fit as well as third parties like blast works, the superior version of PES, the original ip AAAE NMH, original ip boom blox and AAA world of goo

exclusively speaking, if gears 2 goes to pc, doesn't that mean the wii got 2 AAAE this year and 360 got.. banjo, omg a colorful game for children

can't say i regret buying a wii, though my 360 had its cd rom drive and hdd die at the same time so yeah.. i do regret my 360 purchasevoxware00

Wait...hold on a second. Did someone on Gamespot Forums just acknowledge that I made point? THAT IS INSANE! I'm going to have to celebrate this achievement.

You just displayed excellent skills as a debater.

Yeah, I also regret my 360 purchase sometimes, having it start to overheat the week before the warranty expired (2 blinking red lights) But it didn't have anything to do with the game roster. That, I have no complaints about. Except I want MGS4.

Arguing 'gaming exclusives' is a moot point unless you have all 4 available systems. Take into account people (like me) who could care less what gets ported to the PC. That's actually alot of people.

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
Wii is prob the worst Nintendo console they ever made so yeah i am sure evryone will remember that. And yes i did loved my GC better why? cuz we had more than 2good games per year and good multi plats.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
well its going to be the gen where everythign changes. priorities are going to shift in terms of the hardware and software and the business pratices of many many different companies. bit of speculating here: this is the gen where DD has started to really take off. PC leads the charge but all 3 consoles, the PSP and the DSI all now have a digital distribution in place. expect more of this in the future (and no u cant blame ninty for that if u dont like it :P). the emphasis on horsepower is very much going to come to an end. thats not to say that hardware development is going to stop....but console manufacturers are going to focus on making it affordable and reliable from day one. the PC is also goign to follow this line. the days of rediculously expensive high end PC hardware is basically finished. high end chips will be 2-3 mid range chips slapped together. with multiplat becoming more prevelant, cutting edge high end hardware will be irrelevant for the general PC gaming populous. console manufacturers are going to start making there consoles very different from competitors in terms of the types of exclusives and the machines gamign capabilities. at the mo MS and sony are trying to match each other blow for blow but its prooving to be pointless and a waste of resources. again with multiplat becomgin a bigger factor, there going to have to make their consoles standout in some way. developers will also have to go back to the drawing board with many games. they simply wont be getting away with releasing the same games, only slightly prettier. games will need to be tailored to new control setups and the emphasis on technology will be far smaller than it is now. this will be marked as the gen where the industry was forced to embrace change. its about frickin time.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 voxware00
[QUOTE="voxware00"]

can't say i regret buying a wii, though my 360 had its cd rom drive and hdd die at the same time so yeah.. i do regret my 360 purchasedr_octagon

Wait...hold on a second. Did someone on Gamespot Forums just acknowledge that I made point? THAT IS INSANE! I'm going to have to celebrate this achievement.

You just displayed excellent skills as a debater.

Yeah, I also regret my 360 purchase sometimes, having it start to overheat the week before the warranty expired (2 blinking red lights) But it didn't have anything to do with the game roster. That, I have no complaints about. Except I want MGS4.

Arguing 'gaming exclusives' is a moot point unless you have all 4 available systems. Take into account people (like me) who could care less what gets ported to the PC. That's actually alot of people.

well to me i judge a systems value pretty much on exclusives since i've always built my own pc

the wii really stands out with its own library whereas i could play and pretty much beat most games on friends systems or my pc

for the record i've never personally owned a nintendo console before, i've always been on the opposite side flaming nintendo so i'm not always one to cut them slack but i just feel the wii gets a lot of undeserved hate when considering the amount of software nintendo has produced so far.. which explains their weak 08 because they've pretty much exhausted their first run franchises already.. 09 looks like the third party really starts picking up the slack though

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
To Be honest I don't think I'll remember the Wii at all. I've probably spent no more than 10 hours playing the Wii. Not much to remember for me.