Its official Portugal sold 90% of their PS3s!!! An other Record for the Ps3!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoulKillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 SoulKillah
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts

This proves that Ps3's really successful in Euorope!Ps3 is the Fastest selling console in the Uk  and now this:

Pedro of Almeida, Country Manager of the Sony Entertainment Portugal, revealed to GameOver that in four days they have sold 90% of their PS3s

Here's the LINK to the source! 

Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

Portugal.................LOL

Man thanks for the laugh man i needed that this morning, because everyone that enjoys gaming knows..........Portugal is the mecca of gaming!

luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
You are trusting what a Sony exec. says? lol 90% of what?
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Once, upon a time the Sega DreamCast was the fastest selling console of all time. Launch records don't really mean anything but short term success. Its market share staying power that makes or breaks a product.
-uHuRu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -uHuRu
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
good news. 90% of what? what was their stock allocation?
Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts

This proves that Ps3's really successful in Euorope!Ps3 is the Fastest selling console in the Uk  and now this:

Pedro of Almeida, Country Manager of the Sony Entertainment Portugal, revealed to GameOver that in four days they have sold 90% of their PS3s

SoulKillah
OH YEAH I FORGOT Portugal is the one that really matters in mainland Europe not France.:roll:
Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
So what sony spin dog said it was the fastest selling console in te UK?
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts
And I thought for sure they would have been able to sell all 10 of them!
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
I bet they sold almost 90% of 1 PS3 :P
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
well, its only natural it sold 90%, here in Portugal, the Playstation name seems like a God....doesnt matter if its weak or great, if it has the "Playstation" name on the box, it sells like cookies...(yeah the majority of poeple here are either stupid or ignorant)
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

SoulKillah
and just how many ps3's were shipped over there?
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sandroDX

And I thought for sure they would havane been able to sell all 10 of them!spinecaton

and what's that supose to mean? 

luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 luvbeers
well, its only natural it sold 90%, here in Portugal, the Playstation name seems like a God....doesnt matter if its weak or great, if it has the "Playstation" name on the box, it sells like cookies...(yeah the majority of poeple here are either stupid or ignorant)sandroDX
How much were they selling for in Lisbon 599€?
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]And I thought for sure they would havane been able to sell all 10 of them!sandroDX

I'm not making fun of Portugal, just making fun of TC. He acts like Portugal is one of the deciding factors in the console war. 

luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 luvbeers

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]And I thought for sure they would havane been able to sell all 10 of them!sandroDX

I think he was just exagerrating on how small Portugal is in the EU.
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sandroDX
[QUOTE="sandroDX"]well, its only natural it sold 90%, here in Portugal, the Playstation name seems like a God....doesnt matter if its weak or great, if it has the "Playstation" name on the box, it sells like cookies...(yeah the majority of poeple here are either stupid or ignorant)luvbeers
How much were they selling for in Lisbon 599€?

as far as i know, yes, they are selling for 599 euros
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
We small but we good =P Go Portugal :D I´m up in those 90% and having a blast.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
After four days, shouldn't a console be able to sell out? :?
-Saul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Saul
Member since 2006 • 1072 Posts

PS3's aren't selling at all where I live (Netherlands).

I got to play it yesterday at one of the biggest game stores. They had sold 70% of their PS3's. However, the X360 was sold out completely on launch day and further supply of the system was also immediately sold on the same day they received them for 3/4 years. And they still don't have any Wii's in stock. I heard from other people in my country it's the same at the places where they live. So it's not doing good at all over here. 

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts
This just in: PS3 has sold out in Rhode Island. Cows are exstatic.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

SoulKillah
WOW ANOTHER... Seriously its silly now. POR FAVOR OH! POR FAVOR... The PS3 didnt do great in UK. And congrats that 95% was sold in Portugal. NO MAS. Okay... Adios Portugese similar to Spanish right?? LOL...
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sandroDX
[QUOTE="SoulKillah"]

This proves that Ps3's really successful in Euorope!Ps3 is the Fastest selling console in the Uk and now this:

mightyboosh13

WOW ANOTHER... Seriously its silly now. POR FAVOR OH! POR FAVOR... The PS3 didnt do great in UK. And congrats that 95% was sold in Portugal. NO MAS. Okay... Adios Portugese similar to Spanish right?? LOL...

you did well with the "POR FAVOR" ...."NO MAS" change to "Mais não" e "Adios" change to "Adeus", gotta keep learning right?:P 

-Saul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Saul
Member since 2006 • 1072 Posts
[QUOTE="SoulKillah"]

This proves that Ps3's really successful in Euorope!Ps3 is the Fastest selling console in the Uk and now this:

mightyboosh13

I've been on vacation in both those countries and I saw allot more hot girls in Portugal. :P 

hugo_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hugo_ben
Member since 2003 • 355 Posts
That's a full lie. I've just passed through Toys'r'us and counted 12 PS3. I'm from Lisbon and I see PS3 stocks everywhere. In the rest of the country it's even more ridiculous. Plus, we're a small country, where PSP sells more than DS (unfurtunatelly), how would that reflect the success in ALL Europe?
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sandroDX

That's a full lie. I've just passed through Toys'r'us and counted 12 PS3. I'm from Lisbon and I see PS3 stocks everywhere. In the rest of the country it's even more ridiculous. Plus, we're a small country, where PSP sells more than DS (unfurtunatelly), how would that reflect the success in ALL Europe?hugo_ben

12 uh? and you say its the same in the rest of our country? hmmm, i assume Portugal didnt get many PS3 at launch to be sold, so if what you say is true, then yeah...wow the PS3 flopped here in Portugal just like it did in France (i  think it was France, correct me if i'm wrong) 

luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 luvbeers
all these figures are inflated marketing tools to make people believe that the console is worth buying and is running out fast. wait until the quarterly reports come out.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#30 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
What they meant to say was they shipped 90% of their estimate going to the country. As to how many were bought...
Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts
This is really bad for sony. Man Another country where they fail to sell out. How long can they keep this up before they pull the plug on the PS3. This is really bad. Less competition means higher prices. Come on Sony, put your back into it and get that 100% sell out for crying out loud. This has really got me worried. Thanks TC for pointing out the imminent danger of the playstation brand dying.
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
And I thought for sure they would have been able to sell all 10 of them!spinecaton
!!!
hugo_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hugo_ben
Member since 2003 • 355 Posts

The TC should have said that those 90% are from Sony Portugal itself. And that Pedro Almeida is a joke, he said in an interview in the launch day, that PS3 in one week will sell more than ALL Wiis and X360 together LOL!!! Wii was totally sold out until some weeks ago, and X360 is in market for more than 1 year.

It's just a marketing strategy for dumb and blind people.

Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts

It's just a marketing strategy for dumb and blind people.

hugo_ben
Wich is sadly the majority of people in the world, and the reason why it will work :(