Its not about the price its about the value (PS5)

• 55 results
Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@gifford38: Richard also just compared the PS5 and Xbox Series X capabilities to a RTX 2060 - RTX 2080 type GPU. We know what those are capable of. We also know what AMD is capable of. Next gen is gonna dip below 4K often and 30fps will still be the standard. And thats with minimal to moderate graphical improvements at best.

thats just the gpu now add the rest of the console. this is were the i/o put comes in.

if you can fill the 16g system memory less than 2 seconds with new data. these games that are made today are dumping 30 seconds or so of gameplay in the gpu. now with the i/o decompression speeds 9gig of compressed data decompressed to 5.5g. say you got the game to dump in only 5 seconds of game play instead of 30 seconds you know how much gpu is left to be used.

every game made uses a hhd when being developed for even though ssd been out for a while.

its all about getting more out of the gpu and cpu.

the future of pc is to get more out of the gpu we have today. because they are realizing that the stronger the gpu the hotter and harder to cool down those gpu. so if your making the gpu do less you can do more in other areas like the players point of view. if we can get the gpu doing only that when it comes to rendering you don't need to have super gpu's.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

aka, PS5 will be expensive, but remember: it's great value, lol. No games at launch, though, but great value.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@gifford38 said:

thats just the gpu now add the rest of the console. this is were the i/o put comes in.

if you can fill the 16g system memory less than 2 seconds with new data. these games that are made today are dumping 30 seconds or so of gameplay in the gpu. now with the i/o decompression speeds 9gig of compressed data decompressed to 5.5g. say you got the game to dump in only 5 seconds of game play instead of 30 seconds you know how much gpu is left to be used.

every game made uses a hhd when being developed for even though ssd been out for a while.

the future of pc is to get more out of the gpu we have today. because they are realizing that the stronger the gpu the hotter and harder to cool down those gpu. so if your making the gpu do less you can do more in other areas like the players point of view. if we can get the gpu doing only that when it comes to rendering you don't need to have super gpu's.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@gifford38 said:

its simple krakken alone can be compressed 9 to 22 gigs of data the gets decompressed to 5.5 gigs. i/o decompresses that much data at once. then the dma controller tells were that data needs to go. developers can use other compression format as well. 9 gigs of compress data = 5.5gigs decompressed of data. its all in the deep dive video.

so the gpu only has to render on what your seeing you turn your character it takes about 2 seconds to turn in games it loads in that point of view. not 30 seconds of gameplay in each direction taking up system memory. so if most of your gpu being used in the frame by frame basis the more detail is able to be in that point of view because the rest isn't sitting there in system memory waiting to be used. sorry it is hard to word it.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@gifford38 said:

its simple krakken alone can be compressed 9 to 22 gigs of data the gets decompressed to 5.5 gigs. i/o decompresses that much data at once. then the dma controller tells were that data needs to go. developers can use other compression format as well. 9 gigs of compress data = 5.5gigs decompressed of data. its all in the deep dive video.

so the gpu only has to render on what your seeing you turn your character it takes about 2 seconds to turn in games it loads in that point of view. not 30 seconds of gameplay in each direction taking up system memory. so if most of your gpu being used in the frame by frame basis the more detail is able to be in that point of view because the rest isn't sitting there in system memory waiting to be used. sorry it is hard to word it.

All that and yet a 2070 Super and a standard 2 lane Gen3 NVME like a Samsung 970 ran UE5 just fine.

"the future of pc is to get more out of the gpu we have today. because they are realizing that the stronger the gpu the hotter and harder to cool down those gpu. so if your making the gpu do less you can do more in other areas like the players point of view. if we can get the gpu doing only that when it comes to rendering you don't need to have super gpu's."

Then why did the PS5 GPU run at 1440/30FPS when running UE5?

I swear your are like a dumber version of Ron, at least he knew what he was copy and pasting to a educated level.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#56 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69464 Posts

@npiet1 said:

And release date or when I can pre-order.

Those things have a tendency of happening all at the same time.