It's all about greed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cravnsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 cravnsn
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Lets do some comparisons Like some of you, I have bought a car new and used. When I bought used, I didnt have to pay an extra fee to Chevrolet for the car and to the D.O.T. for the privilege of driving it on their highways. I have bought new and used movies, but when I bought used, I did not have to pay extra to the studio who made the film, nor to Panasonic for the right to play it on their Blu-Ray player (which I had already paid for).

So why do those in the gaming industry feel theyre special? A good amount of time, effort and money goes into making a car, and movies dont get made over night and have multi-million dollar budgets. Yet, the second hand buyer is no penalized for the continued use of these things, so why should gamers be singled out? Perhaps if the game developers consistently turned out quality games, but who got burned paying full price for Duke Nukem Forever, Star Trek The Video Game or Aliens: Colonial Marineswe did. Another point to consider You can rent a car, and you can rent a movie. Think youll be able to rent a game with the launch of these new systems? And why do we rent?

If you keep up with the news you know that corporate greed has fallen out of favor with the public. The question is, do gamers (i.e. the ones pumping all the money into the industry) have the integrity to make a stance when these new systems are launched, and simply not buy them?

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Dude, just let it go. Anyway, No self respecting hardcore gamer is gona let Microsoft or Sony violate them. As far as I am concerned let the new generation of Morons deal with it. I got my PC, I aint scurrrred !
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts
ms will have trouble with this crap over here in europe... Law over here is pro consumer if i buy something i can do what i want to do with it.. even more any ecording device should have the option of being turned off in the EU, kinect always on not going to happen
Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

Gaming, for the most part has fallen into the mostly tech-illiterate mainstream and the publishers are taking advantage of the ignorance.  The majority of the target market doesn't know what DRM is, nor do they understand concepts like disc locked content.

In short, they do it because they can.