deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

Ryse, Gears Ultimate Edition, Gears 4, Gears 5, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Crackdown 3 are all addictingly fun.I play them through Microsoft Store on my PC.

Why all of you praise Nintendo, Sony games so much over above mentioned ONE games?

It's a shame XBOX ONE games gets no love.Shame on you gamers.

Discuss.

Well?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

A lot of people bash Microsoft games because they are not exclusive.

But honestly I feel that wether you game on Xbox One, One X or PC, and you are getting the exact same games is a good thing. More choice is a good thing.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15868 Posts

Xbox suk

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

It's just the way things go. Once you're down people like to make sure you stay there. Owning all platforms and playing many games in all of them I really can't see why so much hate other than people being more guided by marketing than the actual product.

As an example, I was talking about games with a guy, because he saw my God of War shirt, until a point in the conversation where I told him I play most my games on my Xbox X. He immediately acted all fanboy, saying that he only plays on PS, because it's much better and Xbox has no games. Now, this guy only plays FIFA, Aphex, COD and Fortnight. He didn't played a single exclusive this gen. And when I asked him if he knew that all those games were available on Xbox and that the best version was on the X he just went into denial "No. Xbox sucks!" This might seem like a caricature bit it was a real conversation. Not even the first time, I had a similar talk with a Game employee too.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Xbox suk

Just only Xbox One. Xbox & Xbox 360 were freaking amazing MS consoles, those consoles had really awesome exclusive games, there's no denying that. It's just ashamed Xbox One never live up to it's younger brothers.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

They don't get praise because they are not exclusive. I definitely think that plays a huge part. MS haven't helped matters by canceling scale bound and pushing crackdown 3.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I just don't enjoy them as much? I'm in the lucky position that I actually own every system. All of the games you named, Sunset Overdrive was the only one I actually liked. I do like some more obscure other xOne exclusives like Screamride, D4 or Crimson Dragon though. Not sure if they made it to PC by now, D4 probably did.

Still, they're far away from the enjoyment I got out of Nintendo games. Not a huge fan of Sonys 1st party, but Sony has a lot of awesome 3rd party exclusives.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator

Yeah, Xbox One games do get the badge of shame and that's only because no one wants to buy an Xbox One consoles in order to play those games and it's not on their favorite system of choice aka PS4. But the best thing MS has done for this gen alone is offering alternative ways to play their games and that's on PC so you don't need an Xbox One console to do so. MS has my thanks for porting their games on PC.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@davillain- said:

Yeah, Xbox One games do get the badge of shame and that's only because no one wants to buy an Xbox One consoles in order to play those games and it's not on their favorite system of choice aka PS4. But the best thing MS has done for this gen alone is offering alternative ways to play their games and that's on PC so you don't need an Xbox One console to do so. MS has my thanks for porting their games on PC.

^ I agree with this one. I love that they port so many games to PC. Forza Horizon 2 for example is a blast to play on an awesome rig.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator

@ArchoNils2 said:
@davillain- said:

^ I agree with this one. I love that they port so many games to PC. Forza Horizon 2 for example is a blast to play on an awesome rig.

Indeed. I also like the idea MS is offering Game Pass on PC and I'm actually enjoying Gears 5, great service of you ask me and using the Game Pass also let's me play Blair Witch so I don't have to pay full price for it and glad I didn't pay for it, that game is a struggle lol.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

One system peasant fanboys with real emotional attachments to their plastic box and it’s games hating on another piece of plastic that plays games they have opted out off because of a loyalty to their plastic box makers.

You may think this is the actions of 12 yr olds?

Most are adults HaH hah

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

if this what helps you sleep at night , then I can’t knock you for that, every one needs to sleep at least once a day.

As for the OP, they get bashed because those game sucked Arse that they got scores of 7 here at gs and other review sites.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@carljohnsoncj: Ryse and QB are arguably not very good games. While I did finish QB, I probably would not play it again. And I couldn’t be bothered to finish Ryse. I played for a few hours and got tired of the shallow repetitive combat and overall lack of immersion that the game did not offer. It was a glorified tech demo.

Crackdown 3...also terrible. Did not finish.

Gears UE is a remaster. Gears 4 was fun but was to be expected. Same with 5 so far. Haven’t finished 5 yet but my XBO tells me I have 2 days so far sunk into 4 overall.

Sunset Ovdrive is fantastic and one of the best games of the gen, easily one of the most interesting IPs to come out in the last 10 years

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

if this what helps you sleep at night , then I can’t knock you for that, every one needs to sleep at least once a day.

I beg your pardon?

At a certain point 50% of the MS bashing threads on SW were about the fact that Xbox has no exclusives (as every title is shared with PC)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

I’ve really enjoyed the Xbox One and a good number of it’s games myself. I really don’t care about the exclusivity status of the games as I really have no interest in gaming on a PC and prefer consoles. I also don’t really need any validation for what I enjoy so people who bash it are of no consequence to me.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9778 Posts

Right now, I'm totally addicted to Gears 5 Horde. It's great fun, and there's no equivalent on PS4. Before that, I put way too many hours into fh4....best looking racing game on any console ever, plus I get to play them both on pc, even though I get awful results graphically - helps when the kids are playing Xbox.

There's also been Cuphead and Ori, which again have no real equal on PS4, and those games together with the countless games of pubg have bought me more joy than Spiderman and GoW which are the only PS4 exclusives that appealed to me.

Add to that the better performance of 3rd party games on x1x, together with better hardware features and apps, and I really couldn't care less if people need to bash games that come out for Xbox.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8360 Posts

Yesterday when I was out in a public space, I overheard a couple of strangers having a conversation about video games, and they were particularly talking about Xbox One.

They said: "there's no point in having an Xbox One when all their games are on PC, you are much better off having a PC."

For a moment I thought I was in System Wars when I heard this conversation, but no I realized it was in real life people talking about why Xbox One does not appeal to them.

This is the attitude and reason why a lot of Xbox games are dismissed: lack of exclusivity.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sealionact

@jaydan: Extremely anecdotal, and in real life that's not why PS4 outsells Xbox. Xbox sells fine in the US, which is its main market. It's failed to be popular in most other countries because of the launch, which was a disaster. Mostly the price.

Of course you can get the games on PC, but saying you'd be better off getting the games on PC depends on how much you spend. You won't get Gears 5 at 4k 60fps for the price of an X1X, and even then it won't have the other hardware features such as the UHD drive...

Even if I could get x1x performance for the same price, I'd still go for a console for ease of use, lack of cheaters and parity.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#19 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@carljohnsoncj said:

Ryse, Gears Ultimate Edition, Gears 4, Gears 5, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Crackdown 3 are all addictingly fun.I play them through Microsoft Store on my PC.

Why all of you praise Nintendo, Sony games so much over above mentioned ONE games?

It's a shame XBOX ONE games gets no love.Shame on you gamers.

Discuss.

Well?

Well Ryse is mediocre at best. The MP was actually a little more fun imo. Crackdown 3 is fun for a while but the MP, which I was really hoping for plain let down. Gears Ultimate is great, Gears 4 good, Gears 5 great, Sunset Overdrive great, Quantum Break good.

The problem is largely the addiction to scores and the mindset that you're winning some invisible competition if u only play games that have high scores given to them by absolute strangers.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I beg your pardon?

At a certain point 50% of the MS bashing threads on SW were about the fact that Xbox has no exclusives (as every title is shared with PC)

Even before that. Remember the whole 1080p vs 900p resolution wars? That was a major bashing because original Xbox One was weak compare to the base PS4. That also adds weight when compare Xbox One has no exclusives.

@jaydan said:

Yesterday when I was out in a public space, I overheard a couple of strangers having a conversation about video games, and they were particularly talking about Xbox One.

They said: "there's no point in having an Xbox One when all their games are on PC, you are much better off having a PC."

For a moment I thought I was in System Wars when I heard this conversation, but no I realized it was in real life people talking about why Xbox One does not appeal to them.

This is the attitude and reason why a lot of Xbox games are dismissed: lack of exclusivity.

As a Avi PC gamer, I can understand where this is going. Just having a PC while MS supports PC just makes owning Xbox One a waste of space and energy for most people. I have seen few PC gamers still own Xbox One for whatever their reasons but getting to the matter at hand, exclusivity seems to be a positive force in driving the production of single-player non-GAS games. I'm not a fan of the business model, but... whatever, I guess.

Switch however gets a pass cause hey, you can't play Nintendo exclusives anywhere else but on their consoles. (And I'm not gonna include the backdoor you can play few Switch games somewhere else)

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I think they get bashed because they keep releasing undercooked games and stuff that is just rehashes made by devs that didn't start the series.

They might not be bad games, but they are nothing new and exciting. Forza Horizon is the only game that pushes the hardware.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Why list trash games like Ryse, CD3, and QB when you could have said Cuphead, Ori, and SoT?

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

People are stupid and love to argue about everything.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@carljohnsoncj: It’s been like this since the NES and Master System days.

My PS4 Pro just gathers dust these days, I only play on my X. But I will be plugging it back in when TLOU2 comes out.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts

@phbz said:

It's just the way things go. Once you're down people like to make sure you stay there. Owning all platforms and playing many games in all of them I really can't see why so much hate other than people being more guided by marketing than the actual product.

As an example, I was talking about games with a guy, because he saw my God of War shirt, until a point in the conversation where I told him I play most my games on my Xbox X. He immediately acted all fanboy, saying that he only plays on PS, because it's much better and Xbox has no games. Now, this guy only plays FIFA, Aphex, COD and Fortnight. He didn't played a single exclusive this gen. And when I asked him if he knew that all those games were available on Xbox and that the best version was on the X he just went into denial "No. Xbox sucks!" This might seem like a caricature bit it was a real conversation. Not even the first time, I had a similar talk with a Game employee too.

Lol, shows you the mind of a fanboy.

Definitely a few of them on these forums who think the same way I'm sure.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Is this a "stop bullying my plastic" thread? Because that's what it looks like.

@ten_pints said:

I think they get bashed because they keep releasing undercooked games and stuff that is just rehashes made by devs that didn't start the series.

They might not be bad games, but they are nothing new and exciting. Forza Horizon is the only game that pushes the hardware.

Here. It's' not because they are not exclusive. That's actually laughable. Microsoft is consistently pushing out sub-par to mediocre titles as platform pushers, like SoT and SoD. It doesn't help that they heavily emphasized GaaS rather than quality titles that stand on their own. This is the reason Xbox games catch shade -- it's not "because fanboys." That actually have a lower quality output according to a major consensus.

That doesn't mean that there aren't great Xbox games, like Ori, Forza Horizon etc. They are just between all of the other fluff.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15868 Posts

@davillain- said:
@sakaixx said:

Xbox suk

Just only Xbox One. Xbox & Xbox 360 were freaking amazing MS consoles, those consoles had really awesome exclusive games, there's no denying that. It's just ashamed Xbox One never live up to it's younger brothers.

Nice. Seems nobody disputing xbox one sucks at least 🙈🙈.

Deserved the hate for their lack of competitiveness this gen. From the start all the way to 2018 Team Xbox didn't even try to combat Sony but acted like losers with PR about being friends crap and porting their games to just everything (except ps4). Nintendo dont even bother to return the favor after all that microsoft done to port their games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

In past, I got it. But since all the games are on Game Pass and super cheap, there is no excuse.

Even I, a Xbox avacator, didn't play a ton of exclusives a few years ago. I only played console exclusives I couldn't do on PC. I still played Ori, Rare Replay, and Gears Ultimate.

I did a year doing almost nothing but PS4 exclusives, then got Game Pass for a year, and spent a year doing nothing but Xbox exclusives, and honestly, I can't tell you which I enjoyed more. I loved them about the same, and most of the ones I love on PS4, aren't even Sony's games, but ICO's and Atlus's games.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

The games you listed are kind of trash.

Crackdown 3 is somewhat fun, the others are nothing special and certainly games that can be missed.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Their first party is awful. I've never seen first party efforts so bad.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Their first party is awful. I've never seen first party efforts so bad.

Yeah like the first few years of PS4 were great.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11002 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Is this a "stop bullying my plastic" thread? Because that's what it looks like.

That's what every thread about Xbox turns into internet-wide. A parade of victimhood over a trillion dollar company's tone deaf moves over their gaming products.

Hell, Xbox One games deservedly stopped getting love when they stopped producing meaningful AAA content that didn't involve yet another racing game between Gears 4 and 5. That had to be the worst drought of good games on any console I ever seen. There's a reason they keep having fire sales and stressing Game Pass now. Thank the gods Gears 5 is giving it some dignity going into the holiday now, because this is a rough final stretch for Xbox One.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

They do look more fun to play than most Sony games. To me, that ain't saying a lot though.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

Yeah like the first few years of PS4 were great.

Microsoft has been a disaster this entire generation. Bringing up the Ps4 isn't gonna help their mediocre first party.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

I wonder if people actually care in reality, probably playing the system wars game.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sealionact

@freedomfreak: Depends on your gaming preferences. Personally, there's only so many 3rd person adventures I can handle. Sony haven't matched MS in terms of shooters or racers, and little gems like Cuphead and Ori along with SoT which is turning into my favourite waste of time. Individually, Sony has the better games....but I prefer MS's library.

Besides, most people prefer 3rd party games over exclusives.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2522 Posts

It's very upsetting, yes, but it's nothing a good old cry in the shower won't fix.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

@freedomfreak: Garbage most of last gen also. I don't understand the point of the Xbox One existing at all

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@carljohnsoncj: I found it shocking that you left the clear winner of their IPs off your plea for Xbox pats on the back: Forza. That's their ace in the hole that exudes quality (and for Horizon 4 - joy).

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2919 Posts

@phbz: I have had similar conversations. Some Sony fanboys are so brainwashed that they don't want to accept the fact that something else can be just as good or better than the Playstation (the Xbox one x for example).

I also remember this guy who claimed that the PS3 was way better than the xbox 360. Come on. It is debatable whether the PS3 was better at all, but way better??? No, this guy was just biased as f***.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Xbone sucks bro. No games.

All you need this gen is PS4.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Alan Wake is criminally underrated, imo it's one of the best survival horror games of all time.

Playstation has nice stuff, most of it just isn't to my taste tho, it has alot of "weabo" games, JRPG's and such, I'm more of a sci-fi nerd so Gears and Halo hit the sweet spot.

PC is the ultimate platform that doesn't work too well for bedroom couch gaming.

Along with BC and Gamepass, this gives the X1X a great justification for existance, it's also nice and portable so you can take it with you, hook it up to a TV and still have your whole game collection online (for people who travel alot.)

Tell me any PC hardware you can buy for $400 that can do 4k gaming, much less something portable you can game from the couch.

The price/performance of the X1X is insane, and the price/value is off the charts.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2919 Posts

@ZombieKiller7: If it weren't for exclusives, I wouldn't need my PS4 anymore. I play all multi-plats on my Xbox One X, and why wouldn't I? Great console and it is also really brilliant for playing my old xbox 360 games - games like Dragon Age Origins and Oblivion run like a dream.

However I am still disappointed by the exclusives. Ryse, Gears 4 and Sunset were all underwhelming. Surprisingly, Dead Rising 3 has been the best exclusive so far. I haven't tried Gears 5 yet. Is it better than Gears 4?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

@pmanden said:

I haven't tried Gears 5 yet. Is it better than Gears 4?

Yes, it is. Grab it asap :)

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

I'm picking up a X system soon, mainly for game pass. I'm getting too old for all the fanboy fuckery.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61427 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

Gears 4 has parts that play like a tower defense game. I hate that. Does Gears 5 have those?

I'm only coming up to the end of Act 2, but not so far.