Its 2019 STALKER Soc is still yet to be topped...

#1 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

Hello friends,

So i have been thinking what make this game still not yet to be surpassed? no FPS after STALKER actually come close to it let alone surpassed it. as much as I love Doom 2016. its far behind STALKER imo in every way and i dont believe Doom Eternal will also be even close to this masterpiece. and as much i like Metro series. the series always been in STALKER shadow. or say its dumbed down Stalker. I even put it above Half life too.

when it was released, it has most amazing atmosphere ever in history with rich world and lore. its one of few game that never got boring in any part of game. the immersion factor in this game is out of the world. the gunplay was also fantastic as it take more skills than any FPS ever made.

initially it released buggy but then patches and mods make it one of the best game of all time.

so friends, do you think it will be surpassed any time in future? or it will always be greatest FPS ever? I think only STALKER 2 has chance unless they screwed it up. and if STALKER 2 even be as good or 1% better than this. it will become greatest game of all time bar none.

so what do you think? will any FPS be better in future? lets discuss

#2 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (505 posts) -

Stalker trilogy sucks.

#3 Posted by VFighter (5132 posts) -

Those games suck, please for the love of god stop making weekly threads about those turds.

#4 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

@vfighter said:

Those games suck, please for the love of god stop making weekly threads about those turds.

They are hardcore immersive games. they dont suck. certainly not in a era when most of games are cinematic movie games.

#5 Posted by Heirren (2236 posts) -

This girl i know bought Doom 2016 with the toy figure, and couldnt figure out how it functioned. She has been stalking me for a very long time. Waiting for the dai that she will explain.

Those stalker games indont think are accurate portrayals. Watchdogs is closer, i think.

#6 Edited by uninspiredcup (34381 posts) -

Bioshock 2 was better
Bioshock 2 was better

#7 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6852 posts) -

No it suck.

#8 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
Bioshock 2 was better
Bioshock 2 was better

Tried Bioshock 2 due to your recommendation. its as bad as original and infinite.

#9 Posted by DaVillain- (37560 posts) -

I'd rather play Bioshock nowadays because I stop caring about Stalker years ago.

#10 Posted by Litchie (24150 posts) -

A thread about STALKER being the best. I wonder who the thread creator is.

Isn't it about time to make another DOOM thread? Maybe another Metro thread? I simply can't wait to be shocked by your next subject.

#11 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

@Litchie said:

Isn't it about time to make another DOOM thread? Maybe another Metro thread? I simply can't wait to be shocked by your next subject.

I recently made a thread about nichie game franchise and call it ok. no one opened it.

the thing is people only open my Doom and Stalker threads.

#12 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

TC is delusional.

#13 Posted by Heirren (2236 posts) -

@calvincfb:

Thats a possiblility.

"Other" stalker/doom threads. Lol. Worth a laugh at least.

#14 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

@calvincfb said:

TC is delusional.

you dont play FPS games and we are talking about if any FPS in future has chance to topped it? what is so delusional about it?

not even my beloved Doom is anywhere near STALKER.

#15 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@calvincfb said:

TC is delusional.

you dont play FPS games and we are talking about if any FPS in future has chance to topped it? what is so delusional about it?

I told you more than once, uninspiredcup, I play all kinds of games. I don't limit myself to one genre like this persona of yours. And Bioshock is better than all those games you pretend to like.

#16 Posted by AJStyles (1024 posts) -

LOL stalker and metro are freaking terrible.

#17 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

@calvincfb said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@calvincfb said:

TC is delusional.

I told you more than once, uninspiredcup, I play all kinds of games. I don't limit myself to one genre like this persona of yours. And Bioshock is better than all those games you pretend to like.

lol bioshock. a poor mans System shock 2.

its one of the worst game i have ever played. couldnot play bioshock more than half hour. overrated game.

STALKER is not only best FPS ever but also the best exclusive on any platform ever.

#18 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@calvincfb said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@calvincfb said:

TC is delusional.

lol bioshock. a poor mans System shock 2.

its one of the worst game i have ever played. couldnot play bioshock more than half hour. overrated game.

STALKER is not only best FPS ever but also the best exclusive on any platform ever.

#19 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

@calvincfb: My friend, we play FPS for having good shooting and good level design and both are absent in bioshock. especially if FPS has weak shooting. than whats the point of playing it??

#20 Posted by IgGy621985 (5534 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

LOL stalker and metro are freaking terrible.

They're not terrible. They're pretty good shooters, but far from what the TC is trying to say.

#21 Posted by VFighter (5132 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: I mean its your opinion and all, but my god you're an idiot with bad taste lol. People only open these threads to make FUN of you, havent you realized that yet?

#22 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@ghosts4ever: I mean its your opinion and all, but my god you're an idiot with bad taste lol.

I have bad taste because i refuse to praise any casual mainstream cinematic games and praise hardcore non mainstream game like Stalker?? come on my friend.

#23 Posted by Heirren (2236 posts) -

Tc, you sound infatuated with Doom and Stalker.

Doom is a solid fps but there are other genres worth exploring.

#24 Posted by IgGy621985 (5534 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

@ghosts4ever: I mean its your opinion and all, but my god you're an idiot with bad taste lol.

I have bad taste because i refuse to praise any casual mainstream cinematic games and praise hardcore non mainstream game like Stalker?? come on my friend.

Stalker was great in the period when it got released. Great, but flawed. There are many other good games and genres worth exploring and playing.

Being "hardcore" doesn't make the game good.

#25 Edited by Litchie (24150 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

I recently made a thread about nichie game franchise and call it ok. no one opened it.

Not true. You made a thread a while ago called "Do you like edgy games?" which quite many responded too. One even called it your best thread yet.

But you can continue and make your usual DOOM, Metro and STALKER threads and get a few pages of "why the hell are you still on about this shit" replies from annoyed people, if that satisfies your attention whoring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d35e2183f2b7
#26 Posted by deactivated-5d35e2183f2b7 (80 posts) -

Crysis is the best fps ever. Stalker and Bioshock suck

#27 Posted by Heirren (2236 posts) -

To this day Goldeneye, Doom, and Dark Forces are the best.

Im surprised that over 20 years later no pc game has topped Goldeneye. At least pc learned hit boxes from that game, the creator of headshots.

#28 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

@heirren said:

To this day Goldeneye, Doom, and Dark Forces are the best.

Im surprised that over 20 years later no pc game has topped Goldeneye. At least pc learned hit boxes from that game, the creator of headshots.

come on, goldeneye was never good game. Quake also released that time and it was far better. then year later Half life released and blow it out of water.

now goldeneye play like crap. it was only highly praised because it was first console exclusive FPS.

#29 Edited by Heirren (2236 posts) -

@ghosts4ever:

Goldeneye is more open ended. Thats what i like about it. Think if more developers took concepts from that game instead of these modern soap opera fps games.

Goldeneye is still king, even at 15 to 20 fps.

It still plays fine. Just use the c buttons like arrow keys on a keyboard.

#30 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

@heirren said:

@ghosts4ever:

Goldeneye is more open ended. Thats what i like about it. Think if more developers took concepts from that game instead of these modern soap opera fps games.

Goldeneye is still king, even at 15 to 20 fps.

there plenty of open ended FPS. STALKER is very open ended.

goldeneye play worse than COD today. and if game play bad. its bad.

people praise goldeneye because of nostalgia only. it was bad when it was released and still is.

#31 Posted by Heirren (2236 posts) -

@ghosts4ever:

Nah, i played it a few years back and had a blast with it. It plays great.

#32 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

People love to hate you.

A thread where people don't see an opportunity to bash you may not interest your fans.

It's a whole thing here on this board.

I think Stalker looks like jank ass and wouldn't dare play it unless given to me for free, but you thinking it's the best is cool with me.

It doesn't hurt me that your opinion vastly differs from mine or others. You ARE very narrow minded when it comes to expanding your horizon of games outside of FPS, but that too is your privilege.

Isn't it funny how people keep complaining about your threads, but the same people can't help but to come in to drop their 2 cent?

I may come in and bash your threads in the future, but it's only because I'm a fan of your subject (all your haters are your fans). You stay true to yourself at the very least and that's commendable.

#33 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

@boxrekt said: I think Stalker looks like jank ass and wouldn't dare play it unless given to me for free, but you thinking it's the best is cool with me.

you are missing too much because of that and modders definitely improved graphics.

Its definitely most unique game on market. as no game is like that. exploring chernoboyl and pripyat in this game has never feel any better before.

It doesn't hurt me that your opinion vastly differs from mine or others. You ARE very narrow minded when it comes to expanding your horizon of games outside of FPS, but that too is your privilege.

I have praise plenty of non FPS. there is max payne 3 thread still floating, i have praised Hitman and early splinter cell games many times here. I have praised Deus Ex which may classified more as RPG.

Isn't it funny how people keep complaining about your threads, but the same people can't help but to come in to drop their 2 cent?

people complaing about my thread same people made same old PC vs console thread once in a week that is getting so stale.

#34 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2480 posts) -

@heirren said:

Tc, you sound infatuated with Doom and Stalker.

Doom is a solid fps but there are other genres worth exploring.

Facts

#35 Posted by MirkoS77 (14368 posts) -

TC may be annoying to many (seems to be), but I have to admire such dedication to his beliefs. Of which he is 100% correct, btw. STALKER has yet to be topped. I wrote a little essay on why it's so great on another board, I'll just leave it here.

Too lazy? Then don't read.

The reason STALKER’s so amazing is a core design philosophy that takes the focus off of catering to the player and places it into creating a tangible, living, breathing, dynamic world. Many games model and structure themselves around the player through scripting and triggered events. Because the developers want you to experience something specific, yet this is only an illusion that is seen through after the first time played. Replayability tanks.

STALKER doesn’t do this, and doesn’t suffer this problem. It’s a world that exists and evolves without concern for the player at all. The Zone doesn’t give a single **** about you. Factions fight you, each other (even when you’re not on the same map), they fight animals and mutants, and stumbling into battles that have nothing to do with you is common. Actions affect reputation which plays an integral part in forming allegiances and causing rivalries. It’s a constantly evolving dynamic playground that always surprises.

Not only does STALKER have an exemplary core design philosophy of complete and total indifference towards the player, it affords them very satisfying fundamental gameplay mechanics to experience the world. Exhilarating gun play complimented by a realistic ballistics model, highly competent (though not perfect) AI, good inventory management and a weight system, an abundance of items and cool gear, phenomenal sound design, day/night and dynamic weather cycle....then mix all this up with an unparalleled sense of atmosphere, dread, isolation and top it off with an enjoyable story and STALKER is a pure diamond.

I remember the first time I played STALKER I was more than a little underwhelmed and lasted only a few hours. It certainly doesn’t start out strong. The early weapons suck ass and don’t feel satisfying, it’s hard, you can’t go anywhere, and the narrative is bland and fairly directionless. Bugs (which were numerous on release) don’t help either. But once you get a rifle with a scope so you can fight at a distance, find some halfway decent gear to explore better, and start to understand how you’re in a world that you occupy but are not the reason of its existence, there is really no other experience in gaming like it. The game's indifference turns from a weakness into its core strength.

STALKER is, plainly put, simply a brilliant testament to exemplary game design. That it’s lasted so long, is so loved, and still has a passionate modding community to this day is indicative of such. Unfortunately, the vanilla game remains an unpolished gem so this is a bit of a necessity and I believe it is a game that should be experienced with mods (yes, even for first timers). Autumn Aurora 2.1 specifically with ENB enabled and played only on “Master” difficulty (this was how the devs intended it). The vanilla game, while good, has visually aged quite poorly and in a game about atmosphere, eye candy is crucial. But polish it up with this mod, and STALKER’s an experience that shouldn’t be missed by any self-respecting gamer.

#36 Posted by Macutchi (6855 posts) -

i love the stalker games, warts and all. leaps and bounds better than the metro games*. once they grip you, and it takes a while, the survival horror atmosphere is second to none. but viewed as a fps, certainly without mods, they're at best lacking and at worst downright shit

*just started exodus so too soon to judge

#37 Edited by watercrack445 (1735 posts) -

People are dumb. If some users don't like Ghost's threats then why people always responding to his threads and giving him attention. Its members fault for giving him attention while at the same time not liking his threads.

#38 Posted by pelvist (7426 posts) -

Love me some STALKER but COP topped SOC imo.

#39 Posted by pyro1245 (5159 posts) -

There was a mod guide for STALKER SoC posted here on GS earlier this year.

I've been itching to check it out.

#40 Posted by with_teeth26 (9594 posts) -

its one of my favorite games ever, warts and all. the world just felt alive and there was so much to explore and discover. It felt like a totally fresh experience when it came out and there still isn't anything else quite like it. I would kill for a new Stalker game with modern technology and maybe a bit more polish.

hopefully Stalker 2 delivers this but I haven't seen/heard enough about it to believe its going to be a real successor so I'm not getting my hopes up

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#41 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13682 posts) -

@Litchie said:

Sums my thoughts on this thread perfectly.

#42 Posted by mandzilla (4154 posts) -

I'm totally burnt out on Stalker and I've never even played it before, Ghost pls stahp.

#43 Posted by Heirren (2236 posts) -

@mandzilla:

Yeah i hear yah. Ive had a girl stalking me for a REALLY long time.

No way is this Stalker game like real stalking. When she eventually calls to explain ill ask her.

From the descriptions it sounds like n54 Goldeneye a bit. Open. They throw the player in an environment and they figure it out.

#44 Edited by mandzilla (4154 posts) -

@heirren: Ahh, sorry to hear that. Perhaps the two of you are just coincidentally always travelling to the same destination at the same time. It's possible lol. 👀

But yeah, seemingly there's radiation involved in this game so it probably differs a bit from traditional stalking!

That... actually sounds pretty cool, maybe I'll check it out sometime. Stalker I mean, not stalking.

#45 Edited by Heirren (2236 posts) -

Stalker sounds like a pc game, back when the pc was pushing design envelopes. Maybe ill give it a trt, though it does sound tine consuming.

@mandzilla:

Nah she tracks my phone. Wouldnt be surprised if shes on this site, as well. Definitely not a coincidence. She told me, evem showed me how etc. And then theres the other part where theres some jealous guy trying to kill me. Lmfao i much prefer directness, not the sissy sht.

She did say he was a "little btch and a beat dead dad, tho." But get this, theres even more to it amd these people apparently have become quite bitter lol.

One dai shell call. She always does.

#46 Posted by mandzilla (4154 posts) -

@heirren: Yeah that's the problem, never enough hours in the week to play everything sadly.

And dang, that sounds like a heck of a crazy situation you're in there. Hopefully it works out okay for you in the end though dude. 😬

#47 Posted by Heirren (2236 posts) -

@mandzilla:

Theyre sour, bitter people. Depressed, im told. Karma has an odd way of working. Think of them like.....pro trolls. Seriously, how sad is that. They also bring drama to their own children. So sad.

#48 Edited by uninspiredcup (34381 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
Bioshock 2 was better
Bioshock 2 was better

Tried Bioshock 2 due to your recommendation. its as bad as original and infinite.

I'm playing Prickyat right now and the series just doesn't work well with large open environments. The missions also become overly scripted, lacks the flow of the SOC, aimless. Fragmented. Other words.

Definitely not as good as Bioshock 2 boogaloo.

#49 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10302 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
Bioshock 2 was better
Bioshock 2 was better

I'm playing Prickyat right now and the series just doesn't work well with large open environments. The missions also become overly scripted, lacks the flow of the SOC, aimless. Fragmented. Other words.

Definitely not as good as Bioshock 2 boogaloo.

COP is nowheare near as good as SOC but it was still amazing game.

although its fully open world compare to SOC semi sandbox nature which i prefer.

I dont know why you like bioshock 2 so much. i found it as bad as bioshock 1 and infinite. Prey is much better.

#50 Posted by jg4xchamp (61742 posts) -

Sniper shouldn't be held against Shadow of Chernobyl, that game is dope. Instead we should hold Sniper against Metro, because Metro is a kid's fps game that he he gasses up like its fucking Shadow of Chernobyl. What a bum.