It was fun while it lasted! Farewell guys!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Dr_DudeMan
Member since 2006 • 2794 Posts

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say good bye to system wars. Medical school is getting rather daunting and I was looking at where I could cut corners to make more study time. System wars is one of those corners.

When I joined the forums, I was a lemming. I then got a wii which I hated and became more an adamant lemming. Afterwards I got the ps3 and a 42" 1080p sharp aquos and decided to ditch my 360 that kept dieing on me. I thus became a cow. Hermits, then started making me jealous, so I built and uber rig and enjoyed maxing the latest pc games and sold my ps3, thus making me a hermit. Ultimately, I sold the comp, because I have no time to play it, and am now gaming on nothing but the wii.

So, I essentially became a manticore, I appreciate all the systems, all the companies, and all the different approaches, and in my opinion, none of the consoles has everything right.

I am leaving system wars, because it is as addictive as aim, and debating and chatting with you guys is too much of a blast. I decided I rather enjoy gaming a little everyday, rather then sit on the forums refreshing pages. I may occassionally write a review, or troubleshoot on other forums, but I am basically, officially done with system wars.

On that note, I wanted to see why you guys post in system wars? What keeps bringing you back?

I liked debating with people no matter how ridiculous things got, and I also enjoyed how active a community system wars is. This activity resulted in lots of fun threads and what not.

Sure some people get hostile, but its a system war, not system chat ;D.

So this is my last thread...

Bye guys, and I will be back when I am a doc =D!

humber_matus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 humber_matus
Member since 2007 • 2101 Posts

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say good bye to system wars. Medical school is getting rather daunting and I was looking at where I could cut corners to make more study time. System wars is one of those corners.

When I joined the forums, I was a lemming. I then got a wii which I hated and became more an adamant lemming. Afterwards I got the ps3 and a 42" 1080p sharp aquos and decided to ditch my 360 that kept dieing on me. I thus became a cow. Hermits, then started making me jealous, so I built and uber rig and enjoyed maxing the latest pc games and sold my ps3, thus making me a hermit. Ultimately, I sold the comp, because I have no time to play it, and am now gaming on nothing but the wii.

So, I essentially became a manticore, I appreciate all the systems, all the companies, and all the different approaches, and in my opinion, none of the consoles has everything right.

I am leaving system wars, because it is as addictive as aim, and debating and chatting with you guys is too much of a blast. I decided I rather enjoy gaming a little everyday, rather then sit on the forums refreshing pages. I may occassionally write a review, or troubleshoot on other forums, but I am basically, officially done with system wars.

On that note, I wanted to see why you guys post in system wars? What keeps bringing you back?

I liked debating with people no matter how ridiculous things got, and I also enjoyed how active a community system wars is. This activity resulted in lots of fun threads and what not.

Dr_DudeMan

ye'll be back ...

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]

Hey guys,

humber_matus

ye'll be back ...

Rofl, I hope not, atleast not for 2-3 years.

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

Best of luck to you :)

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

Medical School?! Bah, you took the EASY way through college! Now...English with a Japanese Minor...THAR be a major sonny!

You will be back, this damn forum eats my life away. I refresh it a few times even when my girlfriend is sitting by me. She thinks its lame...which it is...

humber_matus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 humber_matus
Member since 2007 • 2101 Posts
[QUOTE="humber_matus"][QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]

Hey guys,

Dr_DudeMan

ye'll be back ...

I'm in my last year of electro mechanical engineering, and i speak from experience, ye will be back. I'll give ye a week or two.

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dr_DudeMan

Best of luck to you :)

PullTheTricker

THanks.

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dr_DudeMan

Medical School?! Bah, you took the EASY way through college! Now...English with a Japanese Minor...THAR be a major sonny!

You will be back, this damn forum eats my life away. I refresh it a few times even when my girlfriend is sitting by me. She thinks its lame...which it is...

TheSystemLord1

Lol...I have been there, and I was a biology major with an art minor when I was in college ;D. I wish I could jump into medical school right out of college, haha.

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"][QUOTE="humber_matus"][QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]

Hey guys,

humber_matus

ye'll be back ...

I'm in my last year of electro mechanical engineering, and i speak from experience, ye will be back. I'll give ye a week or two.

Maybe we should make this a system wars bet ;D

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
I keep coming back for the idiots.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dr_DudeMan

Good Luck Boss...

CHYEA CHEAAAAAA

ight payce, 1, wun, one, see ya on the other side

R-Dot-Yung

Thanks man!

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts

You will never escape system wars.....Seriously, good luck man.

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dr_DudeMan

O.K. just go. No need to say goodbye.farrell2k

And then there are those crabby system wars guys who come here for anger therapy ;D.

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

Get me free drugs.

I mean.

Bye?

x_boyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 x_boyfriend
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts

Good luck with that Dudeman! Yeah, lost a lot of good friends to law and med school. But I know I'll see em on the other side. Here's to a degree!

As for me, I'm a hermit who's never owned a console before. But SW is my primary source for console news. Yes, even the ones that aren't true. Haha.

Dr_DudeMan

I found it funny that you ended up with the system you hate the most. hehe.

yuna707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yuna707
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts

Never return to system wars my friend, lest you dissolve in a world of fanboyness and flip flops. Study hard, and never return, lest you drop-out in a fanboy induced rage.

In other words, good luck, and best wishes.

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dr_DudeMan

Get me free drugs.

I mean.

Bye?

t3hTwinky

You would have to talk to a pharmacy student for that.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
The only way out of SW is in a body bag.
blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts
What med school?
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dr_DudeMan

What med school?blitzinger123

Touro, lol, and I love the sig.

Khanezhyray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Khanezhyray
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts
Adios, I just recently got into System wars, even though i've been at it with RL and online friends for 2 years now.. If you ever come back, I'll try to remember :P
Ponmop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ponmop
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts

System Wars is the Hotel California of the internet. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave...

;)

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

Hey guys,

Dr_DudeMan

damn that sucks for you. You should kept the pc and ps3. instead of selling them. Atleast you would had 3 choices to game with. Now your just a casual gamer. Next to the the children and old folks when it comes to gaming.

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]

Hey guys,

ff7isnumbaone

damn that sucks for you. You should kept the pc and ps3. instead of selling them. Atleast you would had 3 choices to game with. Now your just a casual gamer. Next to the the children and old folks when it comes to gaming.

Unfortunately, that was the goal. I do have a ds too, though ;D althought that still makes me rather casual. In 3 years I can be hardcore again.

Edit: Its sad too, cuz i was ranked top 20 in many competative games includeing gears of war and lost planet at one point ;D, so getting rid of all that stuff was tough too, lol.

Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]

Hey guys,

ff7isnumbaone

You can be a hardcore gamer and game on one system. Don't be so close-minded. Oh wait, you're a cow, it's your job.:|

Yuri_Volte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Yuri_Volte
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts
good luck , i have a family , i am a lawyer and i still gaming and posting here! xD try if you can , if you can do it GOOD!
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]

Hey guys,

Dr_DudeMan

Unfortunately, that was the goal. I do have a ds too, though ;D althought that still makes me rather casual. In 3 years I can be hardcore again.

Edit: Its sad too, cuz i was ranked top 20 in many competative games includeing gears of war and lost planet at one point ;D, so getting rid of all that stuff was tough too, lol.

[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]

Hey guys,

Udsen

You can be a hardcore gamer and game on one system. Don't be so close-minded. Oh wait, you're a cow, it's your job.:|

Has much as hate lemmings. I can say that i can see them being hardcore gamers. So its not being closed minded, its being realistic. But you can never go wrong owning more than one thing to game with.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#31 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Wow, so you went from being a lemming, to being a sheep, to being even more of a lemming, only to become a cow who eventually decided that he wanted to become a hermit, who eventually just said screw it, I am a manticore who needs more time to study to become a doctor, so I am going to leave System Wars forever.....you hope, lol?

No offense, but I hope that I never end up with you as a doc who has to operate on me, because I would be afraid that you might suddenly feel the urge during the middle of surgery that maybe you would be better served as being a meat cutter or something, lol.:P Just joking, man. Good luck with med school, and yes.....you will be back.;)

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
Many thought they would log off for the last time (just like you) but somehow they always end up here. When you get bored, you will wander back into SW. Seeya after the new year.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dr_DudeMan

good luck , i have a family , i am a lawyer and i still gaming and posting here! xD try if you can , if you can do it GOOD!Yuri_Volte

I will keep gaming, just wont be able to post here for a while...

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]

[QUOTE="farrell2k"]O.K. just go. No need to say goodbye.farrell2k

And then there are those crabby system wars guys who come here for anger therapy ;D.

Crabby? no. Are you leaving, or what? This thread reeks of "I need attention". You could have done it in the appropriate forum, Off-Topic.

I never use off topic, and I am saying farewell to the system wars community, not the off-topic community, incase you were too lazy to read the thread, and I also sad this was my last active thread, so when it dies, I am done.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Good luck but I don't really care :P
Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts
wait, don't go....I.......I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="t3hTwinky"]

Get me free drugs.

I mean.

Bye?

Dr_DudeMan

You would have to talk to a pharmacy student for that.

:o

You're in college. You could probably look under 10 beds and find at least 1 stash.

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
your doing the right thing by putting your studies first. Good luck
V_Isle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 V_Isle
Member since 2006 • 1785 Posts

Only way I'd leave here is when I get a PS3 one day(when it stops sucking so much). Because I really only acknowledge the PS3, 360, and PC as true platforms this gen. I sold my Wii, and I will no longer support Nintendo after their casual fiasco. So when PS3 gets some good exclusives and a sane price, I'm buying one, and the console war will have ended for me personally.

As for why I come here...well I've been coming here for a long time. I started lurking in Fall '05 through Fall '06 when I finally regged an account. The appeal is that there is always something happening here, no matter what time of what day. If I can't sleep and it's the middle of the night...I just log on and see what idiotic arguments I can take part in. If there's nothing good on TV, or generally it's a slow boring day, I can come on here and take part in the chaos. It's very entertaining. This place is also a good unofficial source for news. If you pay enough attention here you can keep very up to date on everything happening in the industry. At any rate, congrats on leaving this hell hole, I hope to follow in your path one day..lol :lol:

bigbon_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bigbon_basic
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts
"Its sooo hard, to say goodbye, to yesterday...."
bigbon_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bigbon_basic
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts

wait, don't go....I.......I LOVE YOU!!!!!!---OkeyDokey---

i think i have crabs!

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Maybe you can practice your medical studies with Trauma Center 2
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]

[QUOTE="farrell2k"]O.K. just go. No need to say goodbye.farrell2k

Crabby? no. Are you leaving, or what? This thread reeks of "I need attention". You could have done it in the appropriate forum, Off-Topic.

notice how no-one actually cares.

Good luck dude anyway.