It stinks that Gears 3 will have Iron Sights

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MonsterVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MonsterVision
Member since 2011 • 187 Posts
Not having Iron Sights is one of the reasons why the shooting in Gears of War is so fun, however Gears of War 3 gunplay looks like COD. Anyone else dissapointed by this?
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
Isn't the iron sights just for the Hammerburst?
Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

The hammerburst is essentially a semi-automatic sniper without a scope

MonsterVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsterVision
Isn't the iron sights just for the Hammerburst?moose_knuckler
possibly
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

um why would you even comment if you dont know exactly and seems like you haven't even seen the game in action?

there is only one weapon in the game with iron sight and its the hammerburst and its power is greatly reduced compared to most other weapons...so i dont see why our complaining...

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

[QUOTE="moose_knuckler"]Isn't the iron sights just for the Hammerburst?MonsterVision
possibly

Possibly? It's a fact.

MonsterVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsterVision

[QUOTE="MonsterVision"][QUOTE="moose_knuckler"]Isn't the iron sights just for the Hammerburst?waltefmoney

possibly

Possibly? It's a fact.

It's only slightly been mentioned in interviews. It's kind of odd to think only one weapon will have iron sight, but I refute OP if this is true.
T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

As has been stated, the only weapon that was in the beta with Iron Sites was the Hammer Burst and even though I used it quite a bit when you did use the iron site aiming you had better know where your enemies are because the field of vision narrowed so much that you could get flanked super easy.

As far as it looking like a COD game...Gears will never be mistaken for any COD game.

I am more worried about the Sawed off Shotgun completely nerfing my beloved Gnasher. I hope they balance it a little better in the retail version.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

It´s just for hammerburst but i agree. I dont think it fits in Gears of War gameplay. I´ll simply not use it.

K0NEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 K0NEY
Member since 2011 • 70 Posts

um why would you even comment if you dont know exactly and seems like you haven't even seen the game in action?

there is only one weapon in the game with iron sight and its the hammerburst and its power is greatly reduced compared to most other weapons...so i dont see why our complaining...

WilliamRLBaker
What? Did you even play the beta? Hammerburst is more powerful in this game than it was in Gears 2. At least in Gears 2 if you were smart you could lancer someone with a hammerburst from a distance. In Gears 3 you have absolutely no opportunity because lancer range was decreased.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
by iron sights do you mean how socom 4 and mgs4 does it?
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Iron sights in 3rd person game is fail. But at least not all weapons have it. As long as there is no accuracy advantage and the weapon can be used over the shoulder just as good then it's not a problem for me.
K0NEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 K0NEY
by iron sights do you mean how socom 4 and mgs4 does it?campzor
Yes he does.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]by iron sights do you mean how socom 4 and mgs4 does it?K0NEY
Yes he does.

in that case i dont mind.. in soc om 4 i only use iron sights for single shot weapons (snipers etc..) , i usually just stay in 3rd person mode as i will be doing in gears 3
xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

I loved the iron sights in the beta. Don't ask me why but i enjoyed using them "sometimes".

6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts
Its too bad that one-hit shotgun ruined the game already.
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts

I don't mind, isn't the iron sights only For one weapon though?

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Its too bad that one-hit shotgun ruined the game already. 6matt6
Considering you can just retro lancer anyone who trying to get near you with the sawed-off its not a problem at all. And the retro lancer has been balanced a bit as now you have to actually aim at your target, and cant just hipfire like you used to in the beta. And they have added some sort of light to the sawed off so you can tell who is using it.

6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

[QUOTE="6matt6"]Its too bad that one-hit shotgun ruined the game already. GTSaiyanjin2

Considering you can just retro lancer anyone who trying to get near you with the sawed-off its not a problem at all. And the retro lancer has been balanced a bit as now you have to actually aim at your target, and cant just hipfire like you used to in the beta. And they have added some sort of light to the sawed off so you can tell who is using it.

Sounds better. I still don't like it. I'd much prefer it if the sawed off was a power weapon that was pick up.
K0NEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 K0NEY
Its too bad that one-hit shotgun ruined the game already. 6matt6
Sawed-offs are annoying but they did not ruin the game. I don't even know why people use them. You might get a lucky kill at first but then the enemy is going to keep his distance so you're left with an ineffective weapon unless you're playing people who aren't so bright.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
[QUOTE="MonsterVision"]Not having Iron Sights is one of the reasons why the shooting in Gears of War is so fun, however Gears of War 3 gunplay looks like COD. Anyone else dissapointed by this?

since when did iron sights = COD clone? Seriously? Having played the game, gunplay is fine.
Baxhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Baxhand
Member since 2010 • 865 Posts

Love iron sights . Bring it on.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="K0NEY"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

What? Did you even play the beta? Hammerburst is more powerful in this game than it was in Gears 2. At least in Gears 2 if you were smart you could lancer someone with a hammerburst from a distance. In Gears 3 you have absolutely no opportunity because lancer range was decreased.

um...yes I played the beta longer and more often then you did I can guarantee that and the hammerbursts power is greatly reduced compared to eveyr other weapon in the game unless you are quick on the trigger holding it down for auto fire isn't enough to get kills at a distance the lancer and plancer were the most used weapons throughout the beta.