It's funny how Microsoft roll

  • 93 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for fgjnfgh
#1 Posted by fgjnfgh (2650 posts) -

I used to be an XBL subscriber until my subscription ended probably a few months ago. I didn't know my subscription ended, but I logged in after roughly 6 months or so of not being online and I was laughing at what they called deals they have. Most of the games on discounts are actually free on PS plus. DMC, Bioshock, Batman Arkham City, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, Remember Me, Sleeping Dogs, and Dragons Dogma. I can name more, but you see how PS Plus is way too better than XBL. I've been XBL member since 2006 and a Plus member since 2010

Avatar image for lostrib
#2 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

this wasn't funny at all!

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#3 Posted by MonsieurX (36290 posts) -

cool story

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
#4 Posted by ConanTheStoner (16484 posts) -

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, you don't say?

Slapping my knees over here!

Enough internet for the day, that's too god damn funny.

Avatar image for epic-gamerz
#5 Edited by Epic-gamerz (222 posts) -

Actually TitanFree was Free. Yes they had to sell their best system seller for Free just to drive sales of their Failing console. Even Sony isn't that nice

Avatar image for lostrib
#6 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@epic-gamerz said:

Actually TitanFree was Free. Yes they had to sell their best system seller for Free just to drive sales. so da Sad

No it wasn't

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#7 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@epic-gamerz said:

Actually TitanFree was Free. Yes they had to sell their best system seller for Free just to drive sales of their Failing console. Even Sony isn't that nice

and it failed since ps4 destroyed xbone yet again in march.

Avatar image for kingtito
#8 Edited by kingtito (8387 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@epic-gamerz said:

Actually TitanFree was Free. Yes they had to sell their best system seller for Free just to drive sales of their Failing console. Even Sony isn't that nice

and it failed since ps4 destroyed xbone yet again in march.

Have numbers to back that up kid? Didn't think so

Avatar image for epic-gamerz
#9 Posted by Epic-gamerz (222 posts) -

Free game from M$... Desperate struggle or Miracle?

Avatar image for darkangel115
#10 Posted by darkangel115 (4365 posts) -

@fgjnfgh said:

I used to be an XBL subscriber until my subscription ended probably a few months ago. I didn't know my subscription ended, but I logged in after roughly 6 months or so of not being online and I was laughing at what they called deals they have. Most of the games on discounts are actually free on PS plus. DMC, Bioshock, Batman Arkham City, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, Remember Me, Sleeping Dogs, and Dragons Dogma. I can name more, but you see how PS Plus is way too better than XBL. I've been XBL member since 2006 and a Plus member since 2010

I don't understand how this equates to XBL is better then PSN+? I mean yes PSN+ does do better then XBL in free games. I don't think anyone is disputing that, but that's only 1 part of the service. It would be like saying rex grossman is better then peyton manning because he has a stronger arm. Sure its true that he has a stronger arm, but it completely negates that peyton manning has more accuracy, is much smarter, pretty much calls his owns plays, leads his WRs better, and makes better decisions etc etc. and in the end is a much better QB. People really shouldn't cherry pick one thing as use it as proof that something is better then another thing. its something i see here way too often and is sad.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#11 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Bad day for lemmings.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#12 Edited by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

@kingtito: kingtito left the NPD Thread and started with his salty DC in other threads

get over it

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#13 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@Krelian-co said:

@epic-gamerz said:

Actually TitanFree was Free. Yes they had to sell their best system seller for Free just to drive sales of their Failing console. Even Sony isn't that nice

and it failed since ps4 destroyed xbone yet again in march.

Have numbers to back that up kid? Didn't think so

as always you thought wrong, getting tired of correcting lems ignorance around here, you try too hard for someone who still lives in his parents basement.

get owned 1

get owned 2

Avatar image for roger_the_alien
#14 Edited by Roger_The_Alien (29 posts) -

Well that was kindof a boring read...but thanks anyway.

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
#15 Posted by ConanTheStoner (16484 posts) -
@kingtito said:

@Krelian-co said:

and it failed since ps4 destroyed xbone yet again in march.

Have numbers to back that up kid? Didn't think so

Damn bro, you sound tough.

Avatar image for Heil68
#16 Edited by Heil68 (57266 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Bad day for lemmings.

One of the worst ones since E3 I think. :(

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#17 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

yes i agree what you say is very funny, the way microsoft rolls

you know what else is hilarious? the way how half life is a game and also a concept from nuclear chemistry oh hahaha! also, the way how dead space is a game but also a concept in physiology.

oh man. thank you tc. i love comedy!

Avatar image for clyde46
#18 Edited by clyde46 (49047 posts) -

@epic-gamerz said:

Free game from M$... Desperate struggle or Miracle?

Sony does it with PSN, why can't MS do it?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
#19 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

Some cows are illiterate

Avatar image for tonitorsi
#20 Edited by tonitorsi (8685 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@epic-gamerz said:

Free game from M$... Desperate struggle or Miracle?

Sony does it with PSN, why can't MS do it?

Because SlayStation did it first.

#SlayNovation

Avatar image for epic-gamerz
#21 Posted by Epic-gamerz (222 posts) -

@clyde46: Sony gives away Free games that are old or have stopped selling already. M$ giving away TitanFree on its launch day... Now that is Desperado

Avatar image for clyde46
#22 Posted by clyde46 (49047 posts) -

@epic-gamerz said:

@clyde46: Sony gives away Free games that are old or have stopped selling already. M$ giving away TitanFree on its launch day... Now that is Desperado

Sony were bundling Infamous with a PS4 console.....

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#23 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

This is how we do, livin' in the dumpster in da back of the club.

Toss me some quarters and throw me some love.

Avatar image for epic-gamerz
#24 Posted by Epic-gamerz (222 posts) -

@clyde46: infamous was bundled with PS4 at a higher price. TitanFree just came Free with the Xflop

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
#25 Edited by Sushiglutton (6769 posts) -

It's the by gamers for gamers, live and let play, for the players mantra (am I doing it right?)

Avatar image for clyde46
#26 Posted by clyde46 (49047 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

This is how we do, livin' in the dumpster in da back of the club.

Toss me some quarters and throw me some love.

I see a NES, SNES, Xbox's, a PS3 and a load of 360's. HOW COULD PEOPLE BE SO HORRIBLE D:

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#27 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

This is how we do, livin' in the dumpster in da back of the club.

Toss me some quarters and throw me some love.

I see a NES, SNES, Xbox's, a PS3 and a load of 360's. HOW COULD PEOPLE BE SO HORRIBLE D:

I just saw one Snes and shitload of suck boxes.

Avatar image for clyde46
#28 Posted by clyde46 (49047 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

This is how we do, livin' in the dumpster in da back of the club.

Toss me some quarters and throw me some love.

I see a NES, SNES, Xbox's, a PS3 and a load of 360's. HOW COULD PEOPLE BE SO HORRIBLE D:

I just saw one Snes and shitload of suck boxes.

There's also a PS2 in there.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#29 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

This is how we do, livin' in the dumpster in da back of the club.

Toss me some quarters and throw me some love.

I see a NES, SNES, Xbox's, a PS3 and a load of 360's. HOW COULD PEOPLE BE SO HORRIBLE D:

I just saw one Snes and shitload of suck boxes.

There's also a PS2 in there.

Quantity over quality :P

ah shit I see a dreamcast.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#30 Posted by lundy86_4 (48268 posts) -

PS Plus sucked large amounts of d*ck for the first while. Games for Gold is getting better, but is still lagging behind.

Avatar image for roger_the_alien
#31 Posted by Roger_The_Alien (29 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Bad day for lemmings.

One of the worst ones since E3 I think. :(

Wait until next E3 lol

Avatar image for lostrib
#32 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

PS Plus sucked large amounts of d*ck for the first while. Games for Gold is getting better, but is still lagging behind.

PS Plus hasn't been too great the last couple months, IMO

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#33 Posted by lundy86_4 (48268 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

PS Plus sucked large amounts of d*ck for the first while. Games for Gold is getting better, but is still lagging behind.

PS Plus hasn't been too great the last couple months, IMO

I haven't been checking it for the last couple of months, so i'm behind.

Avatar image for roger_the_alien
#34 Posted by Roger_The_Alien (29 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

PS Plus sucked large amounts of d*ck for the first while. Games for Gold is getting better, but is still lagging behind.

PS Plus hasn't been too great the last couple months, IMO

True...or great at all on the PS4

Avatar image for fgjnfgh
#35 Posted by fgjnfgh (2650 posts) -

@darkangel115:

@darkangel115 said:

@fgjnfgh said:

I used to be an XBL subscriber until my subscription ended probably a few months ago. I didn't know my subscription ended, but I logged in after roughly 6 months or so of not being online and I was laughing at what they called deals they have. Most of the games on discounts are actually free on PS plus. DMC, Bioshock, Batman Arkham City, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, Remember Me, Sleeping Dogs, and Dragons Dogma. I can name more, but you see how PS Plus is way too better than XBL. I've been XBL member since 2006 and a Plus member since 2010

I don't understand how this equates to XBL is better then PSN+? I mean yes PSN+ does do better then XBL in free games. I don't think anyone is disputing that, but that's only 1 part of the service. It would be like saying rex grossman is better then peyton manning because he has a stronger arm. Sure its true that he has a stronger arm, but it completely negates that peyton manning has more accuracy, is much smarter, pretty much calls his owns plays, leads his WRs better, and makes better decisions etc etc. and in the end is a much better QB. People really shouldn't cherry pick one thing as use it as proof that something is better then another thing. its something i see here way too often and is sad.

Well Mr.Sad, why don't you name one thing that XBL Gold is better than Plus? Network is stable on both system and the same, yet Plus offers you more

Avatar image for jsolidus
#36 Posted by jsolidus (171 posts) -

getting screwed over is not really that funny, but the fools who defend getting screwed over is pretty funny. I knew M$ screwed their customers over last gen and that why I never bothered to get a x360 or any xbox console in the future.

Avatar image for Heil68
#37 Posted by Heil68 (57266 posts) -

@roger_the_alien said:
@Heil68 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Bad day for lemmings.

One of the worst ones since E3 I think. :(

Wait until next E3 lol

I hope to see lots of NEW games form both SONY and MS as well as release dates for games they both showed last year.

Avatar image for darkangel115
#38 Posted by darkangel115 (4365 posts) -

@fgjnfgh said:

@darkangel115:

@darkangel115 said:

@fgjnfgh said:

I used to be an XBL subscriber until my subscription ended probably a few months ago. I didn't know my subscription ended, but I logged in after roughly 6 months or so of not being online and I was laughing at what they called deals they have. Most of the games on discounts are actually free on PS plus. DMC, Bioshock, Batman Arkham City, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, Remember Me, Sleeping Dogs, and Dragons Dogma. I can name more, but you see how PS Plus is way too better than XBL. I've been XBL member since 2006 and a Plus member since 2010

I don't understand how this equates to XBL is better then PSN+? I mean yes PSN+ does do better then XBL in free games. I don't think anyone is disputing that, but that's only 1 part of the service. It would be like saying rex grossman is better then peyton manning because he has a stronger arm. Sure its true that he has a stronger arm, but it completely negates that peyton manning has more accuracy, is much smarter, pretty much calls his owns plays, leads his WRs better, and makes better decisions etc etc. and in the end is a much better QB. People really shouldn't cherry pick one thing as use it as proof that something is better then another thing. its something i see here way too often and is sad.

Well Mr.Sad, why don't you name one thing that XBL Gold is better than Plus? Network is stable on both system and the same, yet Plus offers you more

Well PSN has made great strides in being stable, XBL gold has been the standard and best in terms of stability and uptime. It also has better security then PSN and didn't even have issues with heartbleed while PSN did recently. They also have more server locations and coverage and are providing dedicated servers for all their 1st party games for online play and offering them to 3rd parties as well something PSN+ isn't doing, as well as doing cloud compute on the service for games like forza, titanfall, sunset overdrive, and who knows what else. It also offers unlimited storage to save your data instead of the 1GB limit of PSN+ saves are automatically as XBL gold backs up your entire xbox, all your save files, pins, home screen etc so any other xbox you log onto will be exactly like your console. It also stores your data online like achievements whereas PSN+ you need to sync trophies. For instance if your xbox broke and you got a new one, everything would be exactly as your old one and would queue you to download the games you had as well. a full online backup is a huge perk. They also have a built in reputation system as well as smart match and deal with hackers and cheaters much better. in short you never see them on XBL but you do see them on PSN. Take in count a much better party system as well. the PS4 version is about equal to the 360 version, while the xbox one version is so crystal clear it sounds like you are in a room with them. I actually had to adjust to how different a lot of my friends sounded. all that equates to a better online service as a whole. XBL also allows you to directly upload into youtube and more importantly to your one drive which comes with XBL gold and 7GB of storage for your videos than can be viewed anywhere you have internet and downloaded. PS4 only allows uploading to facebook

So in short, PSN+ offers better free games while xbox live offers a better online experience overall. The difference is XBL can step up their game offerings rather easily but for PSN+ to match XBL infrastructure would take years and billion of dollars to build up the server farms and incorporate them.

Avatar image for kingtito
#39 Posted by kingtito (8387 posts) -
@Krelian-co said:

@kingtito said:

@Krelian-co said:

@epic-gamerz said:

Actually TitanFree was Free. Yes they had to sell their best system seller for Free just to drive sales of their Failing console. Even Sony isn't that nice

and it failed since ps4 destroyed xbone yet again in march.

Have numbers to back that up kid? Didn't think so

as always you thought wrong, getting tired of correcting lems ignorance around here, you try too hard for someone who still lives in his parents basement.

get owned 1

get owned 2

You moron leading in sales is not the same as getting destroyed. You're a freaking idiot loser cow. Be gone kid

Avatar image for kingtito
#40 Posted by kingtito (8387 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:
@kingtito said:

@Krelian-co said:

and it failed since ps4 destroyed xbone yet again in march.

Have numbers to back that up kid? Didn't think so

Damn bro, you sound tough.

We're all tough on the internet homie.

Avatar image for ShoTTyMcNaDeS
#41 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2781 posts) -

Yet everyone I know plays on XBL so nuff said!!!! Everyone I know that has jumped to this generation of consoles went with Xbox One because that is what they know! I personally think that the PS4 could spit out gold nuggets and 95% of 360 owners that haven't adopted yet would still go with X1!!

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#42 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

That's freakin hilarious. Don't ever make a god damn thread again.

Avatar image for clr84651
#43 Posted by clr84651 (5630 posts) -

MS rolls in giving less while charging more for everything. It's the MS way.

Avatar image for clr84651
#44 Posted by clr84651 (5630 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Yet everyone I know plays on XBL so nuff said!!!! Everyone I know that has jumped to this generation of consoles went with Xbox One because that is what they know! I personally think that the PS4 could spit out gold nuggets and 95% of 360 owners that haven't adopted yet would still go with X1!!

That's nice. Everyone I know that has jumped to this gen has gone with PS4. And btw the sales numbers show the PS4 outselling the Xbox Done in the U.S. Last gen the 360 outsold the PS3 3-2 in the U.S. So how does that go with what you are claiming that the ones that own a 360 are going with the Xbox Done? It doesn't!

Avatar image for darkangel115
#45 Posted by darkangel115 (4365 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Yet everyone I know plays on XBL so nuff said!!!! Everyone I know that has jumped to this generation of consoles went with Xbox One because that is what they know! I personally think that the PS4 could spit out gold nuggets and 95% of 360 owners that haven't adopted yet would still go with X1!!

That's nice. Everyone I know that has jumped to this gen has gone with PS4. And btw the sales numbers show the PS4 outselling the Xbox Done in the U.S. Last gen the 360 outsold the PS3 3-2 in the U.S. So how does that go with what you are claiming that the ones that own a 360 are going with the Xbox Done? It doesn't!

In all fairness it goes both way. Most people will stick with the console they been using. Sure there is a percentage of people that will change, But I'm willing to be over 90% of PS4 owners, owned a PS3 and over 90% of xbox one owners, owned a 360. And there is always the % that will stick to it no matter what the competition puts out. Just look at the nintendo wii U

Avatar image for clr84651
#46 Edited by clr84651 (5630 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@clr84651 said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Yet everyone I know plays on XBL so nuff said!!!! Everyone I know that has jumped to this generation of consoles went with Xbox One because that is what they know! I personally think that the PS4 could spit out gold nuggets and 95% of 360 owners that haven't adopted yet would still go with X1!!

That's nice. Everyone I know that has jumped to this gen has gone with PS4. And btw the sales numbers show the PS4 outselling the Xbox Done in the U.S. Last gen the 360 outsold the PS3 3-2 in the U.S. So how does that go with what you are claiming that the ones that own a 360 are going with the Xbox Done? It doesn't!

In all fairness it goes both way. Most people will stick with the console they been using. Sure there is a percentage of people that will change, But I'm willing to be over 90% of PS4 owners, owned a PS3 and over 90% of xbox one owners, owned a 360. And there is always the % that will stick to it no matter what the competition puts out. Just look at the nintendo wii U

I know 2 people, my brother in law John and James that both went with Xbox 360 and bought PS4s at launch and they have no plans to buy an Xbox Done. I don't personally know anyone that's bought an Xbox Done. I know 10 people that have all bought PS4s. Last gen I knew several that bought 360s.

Avatar image for santoron
#47 Edited by santoron (8583 posts) -

@darkangel115: brand loyalty is definitely a factor, but ~90% is far too high. See the PS3 in NA last gen.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#48 Posted by cainetao11 (31403 posts) -

Well I guess we know who you wanna blow kisses at then.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#49 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

compelling stuff, 10/10, would read again

@FoxbatAlpha said:

That's freakin hilarious. Don't ever make a god damn thread again.

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#50 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

Microsoft don't roll, they fly baby.