It feels GREAT when you finally pass a really tough part of a game...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darktx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darktx2005
Member since 2009 • 396 Posts

I've just spent the last 2 hours playing a pain in the butt boss on Final Fantasy XIII. I FINALLY just beat him and damn it feels good when you pass a really challenging part of a game! It's one of the big things I love about gaming!

supdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 supdotcom
Member since 2010 • 1121 Posts

very true, you don't always need to have instant gratification to have fun in a game.

darktx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darktx2005
Member since 2009 • 396 Posts

very true, you don't always need to have instant gratification to have fun in a game.

supdotcom

It's great going from wanting to break your controller to be really proud of yourself for getting past a tough point.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

I've just spent the last 2 hours playing a pain in the butt boss on Final Fantasy XIII. I FINALLY just beat him and damn it feels good when you pass a really challenging part of a game! It's one of the big things I love about gaming!

darktx2005

Out of curiosity which boss was it?.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Depends. If the whole thing just feels cheap, I don't feel good even if I beat it.
Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

it does indeed.... how is this in any way related to system wars though?

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
Beating a tough part of a game is a rush and does feel great but not nearly as much as beating a live opponent in a multiplayer game imo.
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
This should be in General Game Discussion? And if you love that feel after beating a boss, try Dark Souls!
RetroGamerJoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RetroGamerJoey
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts
Beating a tough part of a game is a rush and does feel great but not nearly as much as beating a live opponent in a multiplayer game imo.eNT1TY
I will have to agree with you on that one knowing your better than another human player is amazing
Avatar image for muffintheduffin
muffintheduffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 muffintheduffin
Member since 2008 • 1004 Posts

Depending on the game. Some games are just really cheap, some are really worth the sweat and tears.

Final Fantasy boss battles? ALWAYS worth the sweat and tears after you beat their harder bosses :D

I remember many great victories in the series, many of them stem from having your last character standing with less than 50 hp against a boss that deals 999 damage and WINNING with that last minute gamble between choosing to "attack" or use a potion to heal.

Brings back ole' memories from the previous Final Fantasy games :)

i guess thats what i like the most about old final fantasy games, the idea that you can strategize your next move (without having to rush) instead of having to quickly figure out your next move before your opponent attacks you before youre even ready.

It's dynamic, i get it. and old turn based battle RPG's aren't "up to current gen standards" but it doesn't mean that the system was broken. it just needed to branch out and try to change the formula. i get it.

i just wish they'd find the perfect balance between the old system and the new.

and am i the only person who LOVED FF12 battle system?

i absolutely disliked it at first, but that was because i was expecting the old turn base system from previous Final Fantasy games.

But it definitely grew on me and i have to admit, it was probably the most REFINED battle system Final Fantasy games ever had once you exactly knew how to micro manage your team mates so they can help you out and themselves in a fight.

It's just a shame that Summons have became completely and utterly useless in both FF12 and FF13 :(

naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts

Yeah Dark souls fulfills that feeling greatly.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#12 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
That is 100% true. I must've pounded my keyboard and swore more words than a book, but when I finally got through a nigh-impossible part of a game, I just had to reward myself with a smoke and a shot of whiskey :D.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

It really does feel great. It's such a pity then that most games nowadays are PRESS X TO WIN because of console kiddies.

Avatar image for muffintheduffin
muffintheduffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 muffintheduffin
Member since 2008 • 1004 Posts

It really does feel great. It's such a pity then that most games nowadays are PRESS X TO WIN because of console kiddies.

QQabitmoar

You know, there used to be a time where pressing X to win wasn't how console games were played :|

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
We need all Catherine players in the house.
rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

yeah your brain releases endorphins causing a moment of euphoria when beating tough challenges. its scientifically proven. and is why i like gaming so much.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Yup, I like how Dark Souls does it so well, even some normal enemies are tough which makes beating them so satisfying.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Yep.

One of the best experiences in gaming, when your butt is sweaty-clingy to the seat, and you're groaning "rrrrrggggggggghhhhh" trying to beat a boss mob and finally he goes down, and you're like "YES!" and get up all red-faced and sweaty-spaghetti, your family members are like "what the hell happened to you?" but they'll never understand.

lol

JakeMeltzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JakeMeltzer
Member since 2011 • 243 Posts

I hate challenging games. I would never spend two hours trying the same game sequence over and over again. If I can't complete a certain part of a video game in thirty minutes or less I just give up and I forever brand that particular game: "awful".

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
Games these days have really tough parts?
Patriks7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Patriks7
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts

It feels amazing! But it is super frustrating when you can't pass it on way too many attempts. I've been stuck in Deus Ex: Human Revolution the last couple days and I'm starting to go suicidal :P

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

It does. Also though, one of the worst feelings is getting killed over and over.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#23 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Yes it does. I recently spent 2 hours trying to finish level 10 on Challenge of the Gods on GoW. It had me wondering how much a new controller would cost me if I did choose to toss it out the patio door.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

It depends, I remember being stuck on a boss in FF13, it felt amazing to get past it, then about 5 hours later that same boss re-appeared and I had to fight it all over again, but it was even harder. I stopped playing for months.