Isnt it annoying that RE5 is Multi-platform and looks better than Exclusives

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Yes i hate what i have seen of RE5 but i wont go into detail on what i hate but what i do like is how it is the most graphically impressive game this gen so far! Forget KZ2, forget Gears 2 as both of these have nothing on RE5. Now this is the killer, RE5 is Multi-platform meaning neither of the so called Fanboys can claim ownage to another console..... Ohhh the irony. Now i know both sides will claim this exclusive looks better than RE5 but as im unbias towards any console and can honestly laugh at both sides of the fence at Lemmings and Cows for not having the best graphical game as a exclusive.
Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Blommen
Member since 2003 • 1337 Posts

Nah the only thing that annoys me is that it has become an action game, -more than what RE4 was!

I'm happy that it looks like it does, hopefully it will set new standards...

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#3 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Not really. Never really gave it much thought. Most games I play are up to a satisfactory graphical level for me this gen. The only games that I've played on the 360 that fealt like it had real bad graphics was Sonic the Hedgehog(06) and Tomb Raider Anniversary kinda looked half assed.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Blommen"]

Nah the only thing that annoys me is that it has become an action game, -more than what RE4 was!

Thats what happens when you attempt to appeal to the masses. RE franchise died many moons ago, Though graphically its better than Killzone 2 and Gears which must be annoying for the 2 fanbases to claim Pwnage on each other.
Mlauthemighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mlauthemighty
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts

Oh there will still be cries of ownage....

People will notice a bad texture inside a wall, easily noticable if you just hack the game. This will make the game much inferior to the other version.

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="Blommen"]

Thats what happens when you attempt to appeal to the masses. RE franchise died many moons ago, Though graphically its better than Killzone 2 and Gears which must be annoying for the 2 fanbases to claim Pwnage on each other.

That kind of confuses me. The original RE sales were really good. Then they did some very dramatic changes to the series with RE4. I thought the game was excellent, but did it really do that much better sales wise?
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="Blommen"]

Robio_basic

That kind of confuses me. The original RE sales were really good. Then they did some very dramatic changes to the series with RE4. I thought the game was excellent, but did it really do that much better sales wise?

Thats why i said "ATTEMPT". Linear gameplay, no exploration needed, NO puzzles.... Yes Capcom attempted to appeal to the masses. I dont know if sales where made any better or worse from scaling down on everything what made resident evil good and making it a shooter to appeal to more people.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
Who's to say it will run smooth? Can be the best looking game ever but will be garbage if the framerates suck or is bugged.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Blommen

I agree. Why do they even call it survival horror? Survival horror is what RE is what RE 1-3 were and what Silent Hill is. Maybe Capcom needs a few reminders when it comes to survival horror:

1. Night time. End of story. Horror games must take place at night (except for a few cases which are explained in point number 2)! I dont care what type of creepy monster you throw at me, if its sum bright and sunny day on the beach, its not scary! Atmosphere is more important than any creature you can create. If you want cheap scares, then yeah, just throw a bad guy on the screen at a random unexpected time. If you want real horror, you need to have the dark and brooding atmosphere, the creepy ambient sounds, and the terrible visibility...which leads me to my second point.....

2. Visibility! Im glad you are happy with your graphical capabilities, and want to show of your great graphics and great draw distances, but this isnt FarCry 2 or Crysis. A main factor of the horror genre is being unable to see everything. This is why night time is preferable! As I stated in point 1 there are a few exceptions. For instance, in the Silent Hill games, they dont all take place at night, but the Fog reduces visibility to almost zero. This is important! Im trying to see how beautiful your character models are! I dont want to see how the sun light reflects on my gun! I want horror and a key component to horror is low visibility! Why? Because if we cant see whats out there, we dont know what to expect, and thats scary. The thought that sumthing might just jump at you at any moment is far more effective than actually throwing things at you 24/7.

3. Limited Ammo!!!! I cant stress the importance of this. Remember back in the days with Resisdent Evil 1-3 and with Silent Hill how you would use your butter knife because you only had 3 bullets left in your gun and you didnt want to waste them? Yeah, thats called SURVIVAL. And how about the times you werent sure whether to use that green herb because you had only one left but werent sure if your butter knife would be sufficient enough to clear the room of zombies? SURVIVAL. But in RE4 I had enough ammo to go on a killing spree, green herbs were growing on just about every tree in that game. And I can almost bet that after seeing that car scene (jesus christ...car scene in a survival horror game....tragic :?) that ammo and health will be the very least of your problems in RE5.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="Blommen"]

Dibdibdobdobo

Im afraid I must disagree with you there....:?

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

Who's to say it will run smooth? Can be the best looking game ever but will be garbage if the framerates suck or is bugged. hopesfall2own

Because Capcom hasn't given us a reason with any of their games this gen to say otherwise?

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts
No, not really.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts
don't care. i just want it!
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
GOW 3 and maybe Alan Wake will look better. And I don't know if Resi 5's graphics will beat Killzown 2. But they've both been in development since 2005, we'll see.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I don't think it looks that special, but I will see for myself eventually.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I just think it's a perfect example of how the spotlight is moving from exclusive titles to multiplat ones.
MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts
honestly, I do not like the look of RE 5, more so the game play. its just RE 4 in HD, its more action oriented than survival horror. The protagonist is extremely strong, has lots of ammo, there by, removing the scare factor away from the game. this gen, Capcom trying too hard to get the western market, in the process of that, they are loosing their fans, also destroying their franchises, e.g. DMC 4. I bet RE 6 will be like Gears, just that instead of locust, it will be zombies.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Well we at least know it would be terribly frequent. All the gameplay demos and previews of the game have no indication of any framerate issues. I really don't think there are any.
EXLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 EXLINK
Member since 2003 • 5719 Posts
Actually, I'm pretty annoyed that developers can make multiplatform games look this good but most of them don't put in the time and effort to produce that type of quality.
mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts
Yes i hate what i have seen of RE5 but i wont go into detail on what i hate but what i do like is how it is the most graphically impressive game this gen so far! Forget KZ2, forget Gears 2 as both of these have nothing on RE5. Now this is the killer, RE5 is Multi-platform meaning neither of the so called Fanboys can claim ownage to another console..... Ohhh the irony. Now i know both sides will claim this exclusive looks better than RE5 but as im unbias towards any console and can honestly laugh at both sides of the fence at Lemmings and Cows for not having the best graphical game as a exclusive.Dibdibdobdobo
it looks good but not better then killzone 2 sites have been yelling about the graphics for the longest alot of sites said its the best looking shooter on consoles ( i said consoles not pc lol) and i think geow2 looks better then re5
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
I fail to see why that is a bad thing... are fanboys really getting to the point that the only games they want to be good are on there prefered platform???
Rhubarb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rhubarb9
Member since 2006 • 2352 Posts
could someone point out what stuff makes it better than Killzone 2s ghrapics? can't see :(
cliff122316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cliff122316
Member since 2005 • 2333 Posts
all major games have graphics that are plenty good enough now. it doesnt really matter anymore
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

It looks good, but not better than certain exclusives.  It has awesome lighting, which is probably throwing you off. 

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blommen
Member since 2003 • 1337 Posts
[QUOTE="Blommen"]

II_Seraphim_II

I agree. Why do they even call it survival horror? Survival horror is what RE is what RE 1-3 were and what Silent Hill is. Maybe Capcom needs a few reminders when it comes to survival horror:

1. Night time. End of story. Horror games must take place at night (except for a few cases which are explained in point number 2)! I dont care what type of creepy monster you throw at me, if its sum bright and sunny day on the beach, its not scary! Atmosphere is more important than any creature you can create. If you want cheap scares, then yeah, just throw a bad guy on the screen at a random unexpected time. If you want real horror, you need to have the dark and brooding atmosphere, the creepy ambient sounds, and the terrible visibility...which leads me to my second point.....

2. Visibility! Im glad you are happy with your graphical capabilities, and want to show of your great graphics and great draw distances, but this isnt FarCry 2 or Crysis. A main factor of the horror genre is being unable to see everything. This is why night time is preferable! As I stated in point 1 there are a few exceptions. For instance, in the Silent Hill games, they dont all take place at night, but the Fog reduces visibility to almost zero. This is important! Im trying to see how beautiful your character models are! I dont want to see how the sun light reflects on my gun! I want horror and a key component to horror is low visibility! Why? Because if we cant see whats out there, we dont know what to expect, and thats scary. The thought that sumthing might just jump at you at any moment is far more effective than actually throwing things at you 24/7.

3. Limited Ammo!!!! I cant stress the importance of this. Remember back in the days with Resisdent Evil 1-3 and with Silent Hill how you would use your butter knife because you only had 3 bullets left in your gun and you didnt want to waste them? Yeah, thats called SURVIVAL. And how about the times you werent sure whether to use that green herb because you had only one left but werent sure if your butter knife would be sufficient enough to clear the room of zombies? SURVIVAL. But in RE4 I had enough ammo to go on a killing spree, green herbs were growing on just about every tree in that game. And I can almost bet that after seeing that car scene (jesus christ...car scene in a survival horror game....tragic :?) that ammo and health will be the very least of your problems in RE5.

I agree with all your points though I must say although I'm disappointed with the direction the RE series has taken I still enjoyed RE4 and I'm sure I will enjoy RE5 just as much. I guess we "old school" survival horror fans will have to look elsewhere for the scares and accept the RE series for what it has become: action games with horror elements.
jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
[QUOTE="Blommen"] I agree. Why do they even call it survival horror? Survival horror is what RE is what RE 1-3 were and what Silent Hill is. Maybe Capcom needs a few reminders when it comes to survival horror:

II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="Blommen"]

II_Seraphim_II

Bingo, I think we have a winner!!!!!!!!
jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
[QUOTE="Blommen"] I agree. Why do they even call it survival horror? Survival horror is what RE is what RE 1-3 were and what Silent Hill is. Maybe Capcom needs a few reminders when it comes to survival horror:

II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="Blommen"]

II_Seraphim_II

Bingo, I think we have a winner!!!!!!!!